00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KaelousPrime just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

why do people hate gay people

24,690 Views | 469 Replies

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 22:44:15

At 2/7/05 05:43 PM, Tombulgius wrote:
Gays do not deserve this horrible treatment. They are what they are, regardless of how or why. I can't change them, you can't change them, and we should never feel the need to change them anyway, or should at least never act on that notion.

We honestly need more people like you running our goverment but sadly It's the ignorant self centered pricks Ypur right Gays do not deserve the horrible treatment but npthing will change until the masses care and guess what they don't.

It doesn't matter how they got that way, honestly. Finding out why is kind of pointless.

Agreed who cares if people are gays It's NOT a disease a mental disorder or so type of wack genetic mutation but people will be people.

The fact that I see is that they are innocent. Being homosexual isn't a crime.

Aperently this is a crime and you'd have as much a chance to ban cigarettes than get gays equal rights.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 23:26:14

At 2/7/05 01:56 PM, ReiperX wrote:
At 2/5/05 11:08 PM, JusticeofSarcasm wrote:
. What reason is there to break form thousands of years of traditions?

It is oppresive. People used to view women as lesser beings than men, people used to own slaves and see no problem with it. Why break those thousands of years of tradition? It was oppresive.

Not every civilization was oppresive of women, not every single civilization used slavery. Every single civilization was against homosexual marriage.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 01:01:54

At 2/7/05 05:28 AM, Deepeyes wrote: the large majority of mamals exibit homosexuality.

Now THATS talking out of your ass. That is complete and utter bullshit. Emphasis on the "large majority" part.

For example Boba monkies, elephants, dolfins all of which are arguably some of the most intelligent animals around.

Umm, there is only one animal I know of that exhibts homosexual tendencies. And I believe it is called the Bonobo monkey (not Boba), at one point thought to be a freak chimp. For the elephants and dolPHINS I would love a source, because I dont think that is true and I have never heard that before.

For humans, I dont care though. Do whatever the hell you want as lond as it doesnt affect me. But I cannot stand people crying bullshit and then talking straight from the ass 2 seconds later.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 01:26:36

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 01:28:53

"Astounding as it sounds, a number of scientists have actually argued that when a female Bonobo wraps her legs around another female ... while emitting screams of enjoyment, this is actually "greeting" behavior, or "appeasement" behavior ... almost anything, it seems, besides pleasurable sexual behavior."

Somehow I dont think the judge will agree with this when I go to see him next week.

BBS Signature

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 01:30:05

Apologies.

And I would have to read the book before I passed much judgement on it. If the evidence is srta iffy, that would kinda be bad. But I did see the part about 450 species. Again, apologies.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 01:31:36

At 2/8/05 01:28 AM, JusticeofSarcasm wrote: Somehow I dont think the judge will agree with this when I go to see him next week.

Is the dear judge a biologist?

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 07:32:27

At 2/6/05 06:08 PM, Tal-con wrote:
At 2/5/05 11:46 PM, DavSngSorrow wrote: being gay is not a disease! you fucking a-holes need to learn that
We don't hate you for being gay, since we know it's not a choice.

Wtf..

Let's pretend for a second that homosexuallity is a choice, and some would choose. Would you hate them then because they have made a choice wich you haven't?

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 08:19:10

At 2/5/05 11:08 PM, JusticeofSarcasm wrote:

:. What reason is there to break form thousands of years of traditions?

And just because it is a tradition, it's all good?

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 17:11:32

At 2/8/05 01:01 AM, FAB0L0US wrote:
At 2/7/05 05:28 AM, Deepeyes wrote: the large majority of mamals exibit homosexuality.
Now THATS talking out of your ass. That is complete and utter bullshit. Emphasis on the "large majority" part.

You Don't understand do you. I', saying a large majority of mamal speciese you fool.

For example Boba monkies, elephants, dolfins all of which are arguably some of the most intelligent animals around.
Umm, there is only one animal I know of that exhibts homosexual tendencies. And I believe it is called the Bonobo monkey (not Boba), at one point thought to be a freak chimp. For the elephants and dolPHINS I would love a source, because I dont think that is true and I have never heard that before.

For humans, I dont care though. Do whatever the hell you want as lond as it doesnt affect me. But I cannot stand people crying bullshit and then talking straight from the ass 2 seconds later.

Now lets revisit the homoexual animal topic, Here are site that suport my argument, you still haven't given any links to suport your statistics.

http://myweb.lsbu.ac.uk/~stafflag/zoology.html

http://home.wxs.nl/~gkorthof/korthof62.htm

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=6-0312192398-1

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 18:06:10

We don't need to find out if animals have the mental capacity to think of homosexuality. We just need to find out if Gays deserve normal treatment, which they inevitably DO.

I have many things that my mind and my subconscious mind do not agree on. I'll admit that I subconciously, be it from how I was raise, what I saw, or whatever, have a biased opinion against another race. However, my mind counteracts that, saying "Don't act on that, idiot! Learn to act normal with them whether there is a biased opinion or not!". I'm glad I have my mind to stop me from being racist. That's what anti-gays need. It's not a question of what is socially right in your subconcious mind, because your normal mind should always be there to say "Shut up! Don't insult that guy! Speak normally, and complain later!"

Biased ideals such as a hate of Gays must be stopped completely from influencing one's daily life.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 18:19:21

At 2/7/05 02:06 PM, NuclearPizza wrote: Wasn`t one of the apostles gay? I think I heard that somewhere.

The Davinci Code, or the new book... The Davinci Hoax

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 18:40:59

Well lets base all our theological viewpoints a fictional book exploring cryptic code in paintings.

Also being gay is a choice. All humans are born with a blank slate. Just like people are born good or evil people aren't born gay or straight. There isn't a gene that makes me attracted to women with brown hair and big butt (I like big butts and I cannot lie). Haven't you heard beauty is in the eye of the beholder? Same concept. No one can make you like skinny people, fat people, same sex, different sex, etc. Its formed by life experiences and raising, nothing else.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 18:47:17

At 2/8/05 06:40 PM, GoldenToe wrote: Also being gay is a choice.

Not for absolutely everyone. Only a small miority 'choose' to be gay. Even then, most are bisexual, or bicurious.

Tell me, when did you make the choice to like girls over boys?

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 18:47:17

At 2/8/05 01:31 AM, Maus wrote:
At 2/8/05 01:28 AM, JusticeofSarcasm wrote: Somehow I dont think the judge will agree with this when I go to see him next week.
Is the dear judge a biologist?

No, but I don't think he will buy the fact that what I did was purely a greeting and not a sexual act. Sexist I tell you.

BBS Signature

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 19:02:30

At 2/8/05 06:47 PM, JusticeofSarcasm wrote: No, but I don't think he will buy the fact that what I did was purely a greeting and not a sexual act. Sexist I tell you.

You're muddling two different arguments.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 21:49:26

because there afraid!

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 21:53:21

At 2/8/05 07:02 PM, Maus wrote:
At 2/8/05 06:47 PM, JusticeofSarcasm wrote: No, but I don't think he will buy the fact that what I did was purely a greeting and not a sexual act. Sexist I tell you.
You're muddling two different arguments.

I was hoping to confuse people to the point where they are like, Its soo confusing it sounds right, I will just pretend I understand what he is saying and agree. I seem to have failed.

BBS Signature

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 21:58:45

At 2/8/05 06:19 PM, drDAK wrote:
At 2/7/05 02:06 PM, NuclearPizza wrote: Wasn`t one of the apostles gay? I think I heard that somewhere.
The Davinci Code, or the new book... The Davinci Hoax

I read the book last year, where did it state that one of the apostles was gay? I think you meant to say that it stated that in Da Vinci's painting The Last Supper, the "apostle" beside Jesus was actually Mary Magdalene.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 22:32:22

I guess for people who can't dsitinguish what is naturally immoral and dogmatically immoral, it's understandible to see why you'd disagree with it. But hate takes so much damn energy who the hell has the time to hate ten percent of the population not to mention you'd have to be able to tell who was gay and who wasn't. So if you actually donate the time it would take to hate gays there's probably something wrong with you.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 22:43:35

At 2/8/05 09:58 PM, Taors wrote: I read the book last year, where did it state that one of the apostles was gay? I think you meant to say that it stated that in Da Vinci's painting The Last Supper, the "apostle" beside Jesus was actually Mary Magdalene.

Yes, but many theological views of christianity have sprung from that book, often stupid ones like an apostle being gay, which was never mentioned in the bible at all.

At 2/8/05 08:05 PM, Tal-con wrote: I meant i thank you for defending homosexuals by Offending the man who hates homosexuals. I know you never defended the homophobe. Bleh, w/e.

Oh, thankyou, I'm not totally right-wing you know also. My views are based solely on what I believe, I believe in my religon and give it the credit it deserves. Hence, my views do not come from party but by faith.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 22:53:07

At 2/8/05 10:32 PM, -Anthony- wrote: I guess for people who can't dsitinguish what is naturally immoral and dogmatically immoral, it's understandible to see why you'd disagree with it. But hate takes so much damn energy who the hell has the time to hate ten percent of the population not to mention you'd have to be able to tell who was gay and who wasn't. So if you actually donate the time it would take to hate gays there's probably something wrong with you.

Great point. I'm not sure if it's 10 percent of the country, but It's still a valid point. It unfortunately takes not much energy to hate somebody. The only part that takes alot of energy is our defense of them. :)

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-08 23:16:07

At 2/8/05 10:53 PM, Tombulgius wrote:

It unfortunately takes not much energy to hate somebody. The only part that takes alot of energy is our defense of them. :)

Acting on hatred takes a lot, and when you hate someone you spend a lot of time thinking about acting on it, because that's basically what hatred is.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-09 06:42:58

At 2/7/05 11:26 PM, JusticeofSarcasm wrote:
Not every civilization was oppresive of women, not every single civilization used slavery. Every single civilization was against homosexual marriage.

Many if not most were oppresive to women, many if not most used slavery in one fashion or another.

Canada could be concidered a civilization, hasn't it been recently legalized there? But thats not my opint. Look at the purpose of marriage in the past, reproduction. Reproduction is no longer the sole purpose or marriage in today's society, it plays a much smaller role than in the past. Marriage, unions, whatever you want to call it throughout history is not the same as it is today. Today marriage is about rights, benefits, spending their life with someone, rights that homosexuals should have. Homosexuals can reproduce through science in the modern society as well as adopt children. But then again people simple do things because of tradition, and its sad. In my old shop we had to do certain things because of tradition, even though it cost more money, and was much less efficient.
Tradition is not always good. Times change, and some traditions need to die out. Can you post some legit reasons why homosexuals should not have the right to be married other than it is tradition? Because remember, even in the US, it was tradition to own slaves, it was tradition not to allow women to vote, until someone decided enough was enough and change it. Now is the time for change, now is the time for equal rights.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-09 09:49:29

At 2/9/05 06:42 AM, ReiperX wrote:
Can you post some legit reasons why homosexuals should not have the right to be married other than it is tradition?

Sure!

A study in the journal AIDS reported that in Holland, where “gay marriage” has been legal since 2001, HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases are soaring among homosexual men.

The study notes that “partnered” homosexuals have “outside” lovers, although fewer than the “unpartnered,” and that men in these relationships are still contracting the AIDS virus at alarming rates. This is progress?

As for the moral argument, it’s easy to make to those who have not shut their ears to self-evident truth. But even if marriage were not created by God Himself as the fountainhead of human life, a powerful case can be made on purely sociological grounds. Sanctioning “gay marriage” would, among other things:

• Further weaken the family, the first and best defense against an ever-encroaching government.

• Encourage children to experiment with homosexuality. This will put more kids at risk for HIV, hepatitis A, B and C, “gay bowel syndrome,” human papillomavirus (HPV), syphilis, gonorrhea and other sexually transmitted diseases.

• Homosexual households are also more prone to domestic violence.

For example: “The incidence of domestic violence among gay men is nearly double that in the heterosexual population,” according to D. Island and P. Letellier in Men Who Beat the Men Who Love Them (New York: Haworth Press, 1991).

• A study in the Journal of Social Service Research reported that “slightly more than half of the [lesbians surveyed] reported that they had been abused by a female lover/partner.” (G. Lie and S. Gentlewarrior, “Intimate Violence in Lesbian Relationships: Discussion of Survey Findings and Practice Implications,” No. 15, 1991.) More cites can be found in Tim Dailey, The Negative Health Effects of Homosexuality, Insight paper, Family Research Council, 2001.

• Put more children at risk as adoption agencies abandon the crrent practice of favoring married households and begin placing more children in motherless or fatherless households.

• Encourage more people to remain trapped in homosexuality rather than seek to re-channel their desires toward normal sexuality.

• Pit the law and our government against the beliefs of tens of millions of people who believe homosexuality is wrong.

• Create grounds for further attacks on the freedoms of speech, religion and association.

Exhibit A:

California where “domestic partnerships” are part of an overall homosexual agenda. Golden State employers must subsidize homosexual relationships or give up state contracts. Employers must promote transsexuality as a civil right or risk a $150,000 fine.

All foster care parents must take “diversity” training that orders them to affirm a child’s sexual behavior, including “cross-dressing.”

If you’re a Californian who believes in traditional morality, your government regards you as an enemy of the state.

If “gay marriage” becomes legal nationally, all Americans will be subject to the tender mercies of pro-homosexual bureaucrats.

The new “McCarthyism”

Mr. Lindberg himself alludes to the fact that many people think homosexuality is wrong but are embarrassed to say so.

It’s not because of the “weakness of the argument” but rather the unceasing media campaign to portray anyone who disagrees with homosexual activism as a “homophobe” or a “hater.”

During the Vietnam War, liberals invoked the ghost of Joe McCarthy to silence anti-communist opinion.

Today, sexual libertines are using stigma to strangle honest discussion about homosexuality.

When the traditionalist Rev. Earle Fox was accorded three minutes for dissent at the consecration ceremony for New Hampshire’s homosexual Episcopal bishop V. Gene Robinson, the Rev. Fox began listing the practices in which homosexuals typically engage. “I wanted them to know what they were blessing in God’s name,” he said.

The chairman cut off the Rev. Fox in mid-presentation. Just as those who don’t “celebrate” homosexuality on Newgrounds are either flamed or banned.

Usually both.

Even a small sliver of truth is too much for those who pretend that homosexuality is normal and harmless.

Until the realities of homosexual behavior are examined publicly, Mr. Lindberg may be right that only moral arguments will carry any weight. But it’s not because the social arguments are weak; it is because the public is being kept in the dark about the real costs of homosexuality.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-09 09:56:45

Fantastic. I'd like to see you actually make an argument, and not just copy + paste another's opinion.

In Africa, homosexuality is frowned upon, and their AIDS infected population is also soaring. That's one point already made moot.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-09 10:03:04

Here's another from the moral side.
In France there is an Astronomical amount of married men who take mistresses. Its almost expected. Its a cultural thing.

Do you know the amount of adulturous heterosexual relationships in Holland? Is this a similar number?

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-09 10:13:51

At 2/9/05 10:03 AM, awkward_silence wrote:
In France there is an Astronomical amount of married men who take mistresses. Its almost expected. Its a cultural thing.

You're comparing one bad thing (homosexuality) to another bad thing (adultery).

Two wrongs don't make a right.

As an aside; 99.9 percent of conservative Amercians do not hold the french up as a shiny moral paragon of the world.

not even close.

Here's some more thoughts on the subject for you.

Put this in your pipe and smoke it:

What's Wrong with Same-Sex Marriages?

Source

Answer:

In order to answer this question we must ask, "What is the purpose of the sexual organs?" The reason why we must ask this question will be evident later on. Now, the purpose of something can be determined by how it is formed or structured. For instance, by examining the nature of a watch we can determine that the purpose of a watch is to tell the time of day.

Also, something is acting wrongly if it is not acting in accord with the intention of the designer of that object. For instance, if a watch did not tell the time of day, or if one of its wheels moved in the wrong direction (thus, throwing off its whole course), it is acting wrongly.

Indeed, the human body is much more complicated than a watch, so it too must have a designer. And man too must act in accord with the intention of his designer, i.e. God. This brings us to the question "What was God’s intention in giving us sexual organs?" Anyone who seriously examines this question must answer "Reproduction." The process of human gestation is so extremely complex, that it cannot be the result of chance, but rather of design. Who could deny that the reproductive organs are designed for reproduction?

Therefore, any sexual act that excludes the possibility of reproduction is not in accord with the intentions of the Supreme Designer, and is an evil act. This includes homosexual acts. Therefore, any sexual relation between people of the same sex is immoral. This obviously includes marriage.

Common Objections:

Objection #1

But homosexuals and heterosexuals are equals, so they both should be able to marry who they love.

Yes, homosexuals and heterosexuals are equals, and so they have the same rights. Both of them have the right to marry people of the opposite sex, and neither of them have the right to marry people of the same sex. Just because homosexuals have the mental illness of being attracted to people of the same sex, that’s not an excuse to act on it.

Objection #2

But homosexuality is natural to man, since even animals, e.g. monkeys, perform homosexual acts.

First of all, even though they do this, they definitely don’t do it exclusively. Second of all, if you want to be a monkey, go ahead. But, since we are human beings we should act as human beings, not as monkeys.

Objection #3

But even homosexuals say that they were born that way, therefore it is natural.

First of all, we demonstrated that it is unnatural from reason, which is more trustworthy than human testimony. Second of all, nobody knows anything when they’re born. The only thing they know is that they have had this mental illness as long as they can remember. No one can be created this way. If they were that would mean that God’s all wise providence contradicted itself, which is impossible. On the one hand we would have God creating sexual organs for reproduction, and on the other not for reproduction. Furthermore, if homosexuality is just as natural as heterosexuality, why is it not as common?

Objection #4

But priests and nuns don’t accomplish their purposes of reproduction, so are they sinning also?

No, they are not. No one has the obligation of reproducing. The purpose of the sexual organs is reproduction, but the purpose of reproduction is the survival of the species (this is why it is a natural appetite). Since, it is not necessary for everyone to reproduce in order to preserve the species, we don’t have an obligation to reproduce. However, if someone were to have sex they cannot intentionally exclude the possibility of reproduction (NFP is not included since the impossibility of reproduction is not intended, but only temporarily permitted).

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-09 10:24:42

At 2/9/05 10:13 AM, stevenherman wrote:
You're comparing one bad thing (homosexuality) to another bad thing (adultery).
Two wrongs don't make a right.

No, but compairing them inside of that culture gives you an idea you an idea of wether the amount of adulterous relationships in holland are because of homosexuality or it its just part of that society. That's like Grecian looking at America and gripping about how much meat we eat. It more a part of our culture.

A longwinded, nonfounded article put up by a catholic philosopher on a catholic site.

Fun, ok here we have the seperation of church and state. This was purely opinion and non-scientific conclusions based on a religious background. It (should) have no berring on the arguement. The post started wanted scientific ,good reasons, why it is bad. Without someone saying "The bible says"

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-09 10:25:46

At 2/9/05 09:56 AM, Maus wrote: Fantastic. I'd like to see you actually make an argument, and not just copy + paste another's opinion.
At 2/9/05 09:56 AM, Maus wrote:
Fantastic. I'd like to see you actually make an argument, and not just copy + paste another's opinion.

Pu-leez.

Give me a break.

You can scan my BBS posts and find zillions of times where I've posted original opinions.

Google it and see for yourself.

Also, I'm not posting "another's opinion" either.

That "opinion" is the same as mine. Thus it is my opinion.

I used that link to express my "opinion".

And I am making an argument, as well.

Using links(I see you do that quite often); as I don't have the time to write a lengthy essay this morning.

BTW, I thought you were going to ignore me?

Please do.