00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

biimooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

why do people hate gay people

24,689 Views | 469 Replies

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 12:41:27

At 2/6/05 12:02 PM, drDAK wrote: I do not hang around them, no. The gays I know just are not my type of friends (Maybe because I think that marriage is between a man and a woman).

Just because you don't think gays shouldn't be allowed to marry doesn't mean you can't be friends with them. They're just like other people, aside from what gets them all hot'n'bothered.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 12:44:23

At 2/6/05 12:41 PM, Rancorman wrote: Just because you don't think gays shouldn't be allowed to marry doesn't mean you can't be friends with them. They're just like other people, aside from what gets them all hot'n'bothered.

That post came out wrong as I've already admitted, I meant it like there are some people who are your type of friends and others who are not... nothing against gays.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 13:07:15

Yeah, sorry. I missed Maus's post before I posted. It just sort've struck a nerve. I know a few gay people, and they're nice. I also have gay relatives.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 14:22:19

At 2/6/05 08:14 AM, Draconias wrote: Also, the Roman Empire wasn't insanely Christian, you idiot. It was only in the last 40 years or so that they went all out Christian by the decree of one of the emperors. And in case you guys havent noticed, almost NO ONE has actually read in the Bible that gays are evil and listened to it. So stop blaming the bible for actual culutural trends and beliefs, and start realizing that many people are disgusted or offended by gay people.

Sorry, most of my research was based on ancient greece with only a glimpse into roman times, it was an assumption considering how europe eventually turned out. As far as the bible goes, I have read it and I can tell you there the "proof" is almost non-existant. Let me just say this one thing that it seems like everybody is missing about the bible.

The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is one of MASS RAPE by both men and women, not of a loving relationship. It does not justify the claimed immorality of homosexual behavior.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 15:13:02

I dislike homosexuals yet am tolerant of the bastards. Homosexuality is a disease whether you like it or not. Think of it logically. No other species those with advanced brain structures have had homosexuals in their populations. Now the same goes for depression and both depression and homosexuality are caused by hormonal imbalances or in other words, mistakes in your body chemically. This explains why homosexuality just occurs out of nowhere in some people, much like depression. The thing is, depression has not been fully figured out yet, but they are making advances with new medications. It is my belief that eventually pharmacists will be able to use medication, much like that to treat depression, to treat homosexuality. Homosexuality is not normal, and it is not everyday that someone sees a gay person. Yet, the media makes it out be such an occurance. Only 2 or 3 percent of the human population has this brain malfunction yet they all try and push to get what they want even if it is contrary to the beliefs of the other 97 percent. This is the reason I dislike them. Much like liberals, they can't stop bitching and they have to ruin the fun for the majority. If I ever listen to an interview with a homosexual and they don't bitch about not having equal rights, then I will be able to accept them. But it hasn't happened. Just wait until they make a medication to reverse the effects of homosexuality then we'll see that this whole gay rights thing is a waste of time.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 15:26:34

At 2/6/05 03:13 PM, SPQRI3 wrote: A load of garbage.

What species are you talking about when you say 'most advanced?' Many, many species of animals exhibit homosexual behavior.

Also, LMAO @ anti-gay drugs.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 16:23:45

I have never, not once gotten a straight answer to what homosexuality is . I've never seen any serious links describing the chemical process that creates homosexuals, or whatever extra chromosomes a person alledgedly has, and of course, there is no way that it can be proved as totally a person's choice to be gay. And the clincher is, I don't think anybody really knows. Nobody should really make a decision regarding another person's life until they at least have all the information

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 16:49:55

At 2/6/05 04:23 PM, The_General_Public wrote: I have never, not once gotten a straight answer to what homosexuality is . I've never seen any serious links describing the chemical process that creates homosexuals, or whatever extra chromosomes a person alledgedly has, and of course, there is no way that it can be proved as totally a person's choice to be gay. And the clincher is, I don't think anybody really knows. Nobody should really make a decision regarding another person's life until they at least have all the information

There have been many studies trying to determine what exactly causes homosexuality, but somebody always manages to find something wrong with every study done leaving it up to speculation. Personally, I'm almost encouraged that we have been unable to find the "cause" of homosexuality because you know if there was some gay gene or gay brain structure then people would start say things like "SEE! IT IS A DISEASE!" At first I was hoping that they would find something like that, because then it would end the notion that homosexuality is a choice. However, with more and more people going back to the old notion of it being a disease... I'm starting to like ambiguity.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 17:26:10

At 2/6/05 03:13 PM, SPQRI3 wrote: I dislike homosexuals yet am tolerant of the bastards.

I don't think you can use the word tolerant and bastards together like that.

No other species those with advanced brain structures have had homosexuals in their populations.

Which other species, specifically? Chimps, closest relatives, speaking of species, have indeed had homosexuals in their populations. See this for more.

Now the same goes for depression and both depression and homosexuality are caused by hormonal imbalances or in other words, mistakes in your body chemically.

While depression can be caused by a hormonal imbalance, the fact that this imbalance often changes without medication, only psychotherapy, suggests that the imbalance is the body's physical response to psychological depression, rather than the other way around. There is also depression in chimps, to relate back to the previous point. See this for more.

It is my belief that eventually pharmacists will be able to use medication, much like that to treat depression, to treat homosexuality.

If you claim to be "tolerant" of gays, why would you want to "treat" them?

Only 2 or 3 percent of the human population has this brain malfunction...

It is very difficult to define the percentage of the population that is gay. Or has this "brain malfunction". See this.

...yet they all try and push to get what they want even if it is contrary to the beliefs of the other 97 percent. This is the reason I dislike them. Much like liberals, they can't stop bitching and they have to ruin the fun for the majority.

Why is gays gaining the same rights as heterosexuals contrary to the beliefs of the "other 97 percent"? How would this "ruin the fun"? That implies that the majority is gaining some enjoyment from denying rights to a minority.

If I ever listen to an interview with a homosexual and they don't bitch about not having equal rights, then I will be able to accept them. But it hasn't happened. Just wait until they make a medication to reverse the effects of homosexuality then we'll see that this whole gay rights thing is a waste of time.

Again, you're contradicting your claim to be tolerant by also stating that you want to "reverse the effects of homosexuality". And surely even if this is a disorder, they are under no obligation to be treated. Would you deny the right to marry to two depressed people? It is entirely their choice in the matter whether to be treated and whether to marry, and not at all the concern of others. If you claim that homosexuality is a disorder, you certainly can't decide to not allow people who "suffer" from this disorder to not be able to marry, while those who suffer from others, such as depression, are able to. Unless your next argument is claiming depressed people shouldn't be allowed to tie the knot.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 17:28:52

I think this is all a bad situation. I say leave the gays be, let them get married, let them be gay if they want to. It is not a disease; However, it's proven to have something to do with a chemical imbalance. Anyway, that's not the point. No matter what the hell causes homosexuality, gays are normal people and should be treated as such.

I think there is something to do with religion here, as well as social interaction. This is a situation in which anti-gays and people of that sort, regardless of political or religious affiliation, need to open up a bit. If I had been taught to take the Bible literally when I was a child, I would have not accepted gays. Since that didn't happen, though, I am free to accept them. They have no social or medical "disease".

I've got a hard time believing God is so frigging' intolerant, assuming that he exists. If he does I am CONVINCED that Christians have skewed his meaning, thus becoming intolerant of various groups because they think the Bible tells them to.

Also, there is the matter of homosexuality on a social level. I'll admit that it is insettling to think of getting more involved with one of my friends, but it's all because of this fact:

It is a social taboo ultimately brought on by a religion.

It is unsettling to me because society as a whole has come to not like it. Why? Because of the afformentioned people who take religion far too seriously, and condemn gays and other groups.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 17:57:43

At 2/6/05 12:20 AM, Draconias wrote:
These are the main two reasons for anti-gays. Religion and preachers and all that crap has nothing to do with it, but people may use it as a smoke screen rather than just saying,

Thank you for saying this. i was going to say something to the like.

At 2/6/05 11:35 AM, drDAK wrote:
At 2/5/05 08:17 PM, DavSngSorrow wrote: why do people hate gay people they act like it is a disease or something this fuckin pisses me off i am gay myself
Gayness is a disease. What else is it stupid? Maybe it's a choice! O_O
Seriously, if it's a choice then get a girl, if not then quit calling all right-wingers "homophobes". I could call all lefties "arabphobes" but no one says that.

i don't believe it's a choice, and i will try and explain this, it's a... way i've explained to some of my friends, and they switched so.....

First, think of your mind and your natural body reactions as two different things. Now, just as an example, we will take someone who has allergies. They (their mind) has no control over how their body reacts to certain dusts/chemicals/etc. Because of their body's natural reaction to these things, they tend to hate(their mind then has the emotion of hate, because they don't like their body's reaction) the allergies and their reactions.

Now, this can be the same to sexual attraction. If a straight man sees a beautiful woman, he cannot help but be sexually aroused. it is natural for that to occur. The man feels "horny" because of what he saw. Did he have a choice on what made his body sexual aroused? No. his body's reaction to the sight of the woman was beyond his control.

Now, apply this to someone who is gay. They see another man, and their body, not their mind, is sexual attracted. Their mind, then takes this "euphoria" in their body, and sees it as a good thing, which makes them the term we know as gay.

~RBS13

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 18:17:56

At 2/6/05 06:08 PM, Tal-con wrote:
At 2/5/05 11:46 PM, DavSngSorrow wrote: being gay is not a disease! you fucking a-holes need to learn that
We don't hate you for being gay, since we know it's not a choice.

At 2/6/05 12:21 PM, drDAK wrote: Actually, pvtpile, who in my mind is the worst one-day, extremist, n00b, ranter in NGBBS history...struck everyone with his homophobness on the third page of that thread: http://newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=207662&page=3
I applaud you for defending gay people in that thread, but seriously, homosexuality is not a choice

Yeah, it's not a choice. Be it right or wrong, a chemical imbalance or something you are born with, the one this we know is that gay people can't "turn it off", and they don't have a reason to anyway, because they are perfectly normal human beings.

The Flu is a disease. "Gayness" is a genetic disorder at MOST, but certainley not a "disease".

I think it's probably medical, but that doesn't make them un-justified in being gay. They are still people.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 19:03:56

At 2/6/05 06:08 PM, Tal-con wrote: I applaud you for defending gay people in that thread, but seriously, homosexuality is not a choice

When did I ever defend him? I hate his views alot! And his sig is from hell:

why do people hate gay people

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 23:05:15

I know quite a few homosexuals, and the majority of them wish that they could be straight. Although I don't know why gay people are gay, I realize that a lot of homosexuals were abused when they were younger. I don't believe for a minute that this is a disease OR a genetic dissorder, but I think that in some cases, it may still be a medical disability -- possibly a hormonal imbalance. It is certainly not a sin to be attracted to a member of the same sex, but I do believe it is wrong to ACT on that attraction.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-06 23:10:29

At 2/6/05 05:26 PM, Ted_Easton wrote:
At 2/6/05 03:13 PM, SPQRI3 wrote: I dislike homosexuals yet am tolerant of the bastards.
I don't think you can use the word tolerant and bastards together like that.

LOL. Funniest reply in this thread. Perhaps the word tolerate would be more appropreate?

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 00:18:10

I think I figured out why men don't like gay men. They are uncomfortable. Why? Because they feel like they could be forced to have sex unwillingly. Someone could actually overpower them and force them to have sex. This is simmilar to the phychology of those women who are scared by all men.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 00:57:18

i don't know about other guys but i don't hate gay guys. i may not approve of their policies but i don't hate them. i actually wouldn't mind becoming a friend with a gay person so i can ask them that question (What made you become gay?). i know a couple of gay guys (i'm in college) but don't know them well enough to ask that.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 01:36:21

At 2/6/05 03:22 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: ppl r fucced up nowadayz. i reely dont care if somebodys gay az long az dey stay away from me witH it. besides, lesbians r funny.

( 3

EDUCATION go find one!

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 01:49:36

At 2/7/05 12:57 AM, TigerIzeZero wrote: i actually wouldn't mind becoming a friend with a gay person so i can ask them that question (What made you become gay?).

They'll always tell you the same answer. They're just gay. Whether they say they're born like that or they only know to be that way or instincts, that's it. What made you and I become straight? Oh wait - we didn't become that way because the social norm is that everybody should be straight.
I still encourage you to make a gay friend or two. They're good people!

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 05:28:56

At 2/6/05 03:13 PM, SPQRI3 wrote: I dislike homosexuals yet am tolerant of the bastards. Homosexuality is a disease whether you like it or not. Think of it logically. No other species those with advanced brain structures have had homosexuals in their populations. Now the same goes for depression and both depression and homosexuality are caused by hormonal imbalances or in other words, mistakes in your body chemically. This explains why homosexuality just occurs out of nowhere in some people, much like depression. The thing is, depression has not been fully figured out yet, but they are making advances with new medications. It is my belief that eventually pharmacists will be able to use medication, much like that to treat depression, to treat homosexuality. Homosexuality is not normal, and it is not everyday that someone sees a gay person. Yet, the media makes it out be such an occurance. Only 2 or 3 percent of the human population has this brain malfunction yet they all try and push to get what they want even if it is contrary to the beliefs of the other 97 percent. This is the reason I dislike them. Much like liberals, they can't stop bitching and they have to ruin the fun for the majority. If I ever listen to an interview with a homosexual and they don't bitch about not having equal rights, then I will be able to accept them. But it hasn't happened. Just wait until they make a medication to reverse the effects of homosexuality then we'll see that this whole gay rights thing is a waste of time.

I'm afraid to report you are talking out of your ass. Animals do have homosexuality, the large majority of mamals exibit homosexuality. For example Boba monkies, elephants, dolfins all of which are arguably some of the most intelligent animals around. So you argue that it isn't "natural" but this is happening in Nature? Hence is it not natural? As animals are behavior is determind by instinct and not interlect. There for it is in accordacne with animal nature. Humans are also a form of animal, so homosexuality is in accordance with human nature as we also exibit instints that are also exibited by animals.

Could you show a source for all your statistics? Otherwise they carry no weight as a valid argument. Ok you also state that future medication can adjust the chemical balance in the brain to revert these homosexuals into a heturalsexual desires? By saying this you are stating that Homosexuality is a disorder that needs to be cured? You say they need to be cured, but have you taken into consideration that these people don't feel that anything is wrong with them? They are content with the lifestyle they are living and they are equaly as productive as any other member of society.

You also say you wish they would stop fighting for equal rights? So do you feel that homosexuals do not deserve equal rights? On the bassis that they have different sexual prefrences? If you want them to stop fighting for equal rights then just give it to them, everyone deserves equality. How would it effect you personaly, how do homosexuals effect you to the point that want them cured or denied ther rights? You and alot of people are afraid of homosexuals becuase you do not understand them, nor do you wish to. As far as i'm conserned, let them love, live and marry who they want. They are people and they have a right to choose how they want to live.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 05:33:11

Interesting storry, When i first moved to thailand my house was not finnished yet so we had to crash at one of my mothers friends homes, well everyone in this house is either homosexual or a transvestite. They are like everyone else and some of the single nices and most hospitable people i have ever had to liberty of meeting.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 13:07:03

At 2/6/05 12:03 AM, -LazyDrunk- wrote:
At 2/5/05 11:46 PM, DavSngSorrow wrote: being gay is not a disease! you fucking a-holes need to learn that
yes it is.

No, it isn't.

It really isn't.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 13:56:07

At 2/5/05 11:08 PM, JusticeofSarcasm wrote:

. What reason is there to break form thousands of years of traditions?

It is oppresive. People used to view women as lesser beings than men, people used to own slaves and see no problem with it. Why break those thousands of years of tradition? It was oppresive.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 14:06:08

Wasn`t one of the apostles gay? I think I heard that somewhere.

Anyway, isn`t it interesting that in ancient Greece it was acceptable to be gay, but today most people don`t think so?

We may think we`re smart, but I guess that shows we haven`t made much progress in 2000 years.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 15:56:50

i think so i am tring to remeber please help me m'kay

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 16:57:37

None of the twelve apostles were gay. I have no idea where you heard that -- It certainly wasn't the Bible.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 17:43:19

In my opinion I really don't care about gay people, they don't bother me and if one hits on me I tell him I'm not gay and to leave me alone, plain and simple. If they want to go and get married, I really don't give a shit. Go gay people get married, see what I care, as long as you don't bother me I'm fine with it.
Also for those gay people that do hit on me, back off, I will warn you once nicely. The second time isn't going to be a friendly warning.
Other than that I really don't see what all the fuss is about, blacks, mexicans, etc got their civil rights why not give gays the same. Who gives a shit its not like its going to drastically change anyone's life or anything.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 17:43:36

No matter who happened to be homosexual in the past, what a "holy book" claims to be right, what scientists have found which may or may not be true, what happens in nature, or what the human brain is "supposed to think", there is one seemingly irrefutable fact that I can discern from all this:

Gays do not deserve this horrible treatment. They are what they are, regardless of how or why. I can't change them, you can't change them, and we should never feel the need to change them anyway, or should at least never act on that notion.

It doesn't matter how they got that way, honestly. Finding out why is kind of pointless. The fact that I see is that they are innocent. Being homosexual isn't a crime.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 19:58:39

I hope this "Second Warning" that "isn't friendly" isn't violent, either. You certainly wouldn't deck a woman who hit on you after you said you weren't interested, would you?
Though I do applaud your tolerance, as it is greater than many.

Response to why do people hate gay people 2005-02-07 21:30:52

At 2/6/05 12:07 PM, Maus wrote: What does being friends with someone have to do with marriage? That's a pretty dumb reason to not be friends with someone.

See, that's what I, personally, think the problem of anti-homosexual mindsets. As far as I'm concerned, judging potential friends by their sexual preferance is no differant then judging potential friends by religion, or political affiliation.

Also, if you just met me today, you would never know I was gay. We encompass every race, every class, every creed, everything. I'd be willing to bet that you do know a few gay people, and would be shocked to find out.

Exactly. And, there's this misconception that just because people don't know, that someone is 'in the closet'. Many of my friends, and family members don't know I'm bisexual. It's not because I hide it from them, or lie to them....I just don't bring it up. They never think to ask, and I don't volunteer it. If someone asked, I'd tell them. But I see no reason to bring it up, upon meeting someone for the first time.
That's my problem with flambouyant homosexuals. Being gay is all cool. But intentionally acting that way...it baffles me.

Am I mispercieving it? I mean, the flambouyant, limp-wristed gay men...can they just not help it? Is it just as 'uncontrollable' as their sexual preferance?

Spec-fucking-tacular. In one breath, you claimed tolerance, and called an entire group of people 'bastards'.

Homosexuality is a disease whether you like it or not.

No, it's not. It's a lifestyle choice.

Think of it logically. No other species those with advanced brain structures have had homosexuals in their populations.

We are humans. We are the top of the evolutionary food chain. With that seat, on the food chain, comes cognitive thinking. And opinion. And choice. It is our natural right to live as we see fit, so long as no other is unjustly harmed by our actions.
Gay relationships ain't hurtin ya, brother. Not in the least. It just makes you uncomfortable. Be a man, and suck it up. Forego the instinctual need for instant gratification, for constant comfort. No one says you have to like it. But you have no right to demonize a group of people, simply because you chose a different life.

This explains why homosexuality just occurs out of nowhere in some people, much like depression.

That's...not how it is, for most. I, myself, am an exception. I reached a certain age and, from a hedonistic outlook, chose a bisexual lifestyle. I felt no natural, inherant, uncontrollable desire for gay sex. I, quite literally, chose to seek that lifestyle out.
But for many homosexuals, it's not like that.
Yes, some homosexuals choose the lifestyle. But for every one who chooses it, there are two who didn't.

It is my belief that eventually pharmacists will be able to use medication, much like that to treat depression, to treat homosexuality.

Hey, that sounds great. Why don't we just make medication that stops people from enjoying bondage, and exhibitionism. Let's give people medication that makes them not want to drink, or smoke cigarettes.
Controlling behavior through medication is not always the best answer.

Homosexuality is not normal,

Niether is smoking cigaretes, or having a foot fetish. Shoud we outlaw those things, as well?

Much like liberals, they can't stop bitching and they have to ruin the fun for the majority.

I'm bisexual, and I don't bitch about gay rights. At least, not until someone comes out, and tells me I have a brain malfunction, because I happen to like something different in the bedroom, than you.
I don't attend gay pride parades. I don't have a rainbow patch on my jacket. I don't go out of my way to make my homosexuality known. You'd never know, unless I told you.
I don't push for gay marriage. I think that homosexual couples should be entitled to the same legal rights as heterosexual couples. I don't care if you call it marriage, or civil unions, or something else. Homosexuals deserve hospital visitation rights. Homosexuals should be allowed to choose who they leave their inheritance to. Period. Anything else is nothing more than a 'you're a second class citizen' mentality. You don't like my lifestyle, so I'm stripped of choices that everyone else gets. Is that fair, brother? Is that right? Does your god support inequality, like that?

If he does, then you can have him. I don't want any part of that.

If I ever listen to an interview with a homosexual and they don't bitch about not having equal rights, then I will be able to accept them.

Homosexuals DON'T have equal rights.
If you have a girlfriend, and she gets in a car accident...you're allowed to spend the night in the hospital, and stay by her side.
If I have a boyfriend, and he gets in a car accident...I'm subject to normal visitation hours, and I am not allowed to spend the night.
How fucking 'equal' is that? How fair is it? Are you saying you agree with that? Because it's my boyfriend, instead of my girlfriend, i'm treated differently?

Just wait until they make a medication to reverse the effects of homosexuality then we'll see that this whole gay rights thing is a waste of time.

Just wait until they make a medicatin to reverse the effects of misinformed, narrow-minded ignorance. Then we'll see that this whole 'Tolerate nothing but what's comfortable' mentality dies, quickly and painfully.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live my life for the sake of another man, or ask another man to live his for mine.