00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted HoneyGoldenBee supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AH Updates

12,462 Views | 95 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 17:14:34

Is it possible for sum one to fix the NG audio portal because you can't download anything, it comes in a zip file with nothing to extract...............

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 17:32:28

ALIEN HOMINID RULES! i bought it a couple weeks back, beat it and im still playing it, improving scores and playing minigames. that game is seriously like contra on crack x5. i love it man. great work.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 17:42:03

At 1/19/05 02:57 PM, GunningSoul wrote: Game informer...tsk tsk

Game Informer is the worst fucking name for a gaming magazine I've ever heard.

But, congratulations.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 17:43:15

I did finally acquire a copy of Alien Hominid for the Gamecube. Pretty fun, except that it crashes about every half hour.. Played through the PDA game, took a while. And the best thing out of the whole experience would definately have to be the "Soviet Missle Mastar" minigame.

Congrats on a job well done, Tom and crew. It's very admirable what you have accomplished.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 18:31:14

i bought it on s2 and gamecube,good luck

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 18:42:38

At 1/19/05 02:49 PM, TomFulp wrote: Still, lots of fun AH news. Apparently the pudding boss from Alien Hominid has been listed as one of the top 10 bosses of 2004 in Game Informer!

That's cool. I hope it wins (though I doubt it will). I am happy for you. You'll be rich soon enough.

PS: You need to make another Alien Hominid. I want more Alien Hominid with more unlockables, more action, and better cut scenes.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 18:43:05

I'd offer you my luck but you already know AH is gonna win!

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 19:41:24

Oh crap! I gotta fly down there now!

I'll be wearing a big purple pimp hat, so you'll notice me, Tom.

I am not responsible for the content of the post above.

BBS Signature

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 19:49:41

At 1/19/05 05:09 PM, PeterTehKid wrote: sounds really fun i have xbox, too bad i live in europe

Didn't you here its comming to europe on xbox

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 19:51:44

[b]Yeah, thats great news, that really is...

... but I have thousands of other people want to play the game, full stop. Consider that.[/b]

BBS Signature

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 20:10:46

I got AH for gamecube!!

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 20:28:47

if you win a prize , tell us !!

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 20:41:17

i like the PDA-Games more than the accual AH game itself, it gets boring to fast... pda game is fun tho =]

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 21:00:24

Come back to philly! I was like 10-20 miles away from you, now your in Utah?!

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 21:26:14

I keep on forgetting to get AH. So i have a question how many copies have been sold so far?

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 22:02:28

a lil correction: on the frontpage it sais in the text next to 5 shades of green collab: '5 artists'.
There were actually more than 5, i think 12. There are only 5 credited as co-author since thats the maximum

BBS Signature

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 22:22:10

AloneInTheDark... thank you for pointing that out, i didnt think about that!

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 22:48:56

At 1/19/05 02:58 PM, pink-beer wrote: Cant wait till it gets to the UK!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/p.../archive/2005/01/19/index.html

Zoo beams Alien Hominid onto UK Xboxes
Zoo Digital Publishing today announced that it has picked up the rights to publish and distribute Alien Hominid. The title, from San Diego developer Behemoth, will be available in the UK for the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox--a first for the game--in May. The title was released in North America on the PS2 and GameCube in November to critical praise and stiff competition from the holiday season's heavy hitters. There are currently no plans to release Alien Hominid on the Xbox in North America, and no plans to release it on the GameCube in the UK. In Alien Hominid, the hero, an innocent-looking yellow alien, crash-lands on Earth and must fend for its life, disposing of government agents and anyone else who gets in its way.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 23:00:09

At 1/19/05 02:49 PM, TomFulp wrote: Having sunk a lot of money into Alien Hominid and still waiting to see it all come back, I have a lot of respect for guys who put it all on the line. Take the guys who made this swimsuit calendar, for example... Their story is a sad one. Of course, I just sat in front of a computer while they got to hang out with Brazilian babes all day.

Don't worry Tom. You already have one of my family member’s money, because I got AH for Christmas for the GC. It was on my list. :-) And I have to say....nice hats! But seriously don't get discouraged. They were tromping around with skeleton women. Also not everyone buys calendars nor does everyone like Brazilian skeletons. Also I don’t know if you guys advertised enough. Although the game mags that review you should do some good. Still…don’t worry. You’ll get money soon…

Learn to take criticism.

"Those Who Do Not Punish Evil Commend It to Be Done." ~~Leonardo Da Vinci

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 23:44:39

At 1/19/05 02:49 PM, TomFulp wrote: Having sunk a lot of money into Alien Hominid and still waiting to see it all come back, I have a lot of respect for guys who put it all on the line. Take the guys who made this swimsuit calendar, for example... Their story is a sad one. Of course, I just sat in front of a computer while they got to hang out with Brazilian babes all day.

Still, lots of fun AH news. Apparently the pudding boss from Alien Hominid has been listed as one of the top 10 bosses of 2004 in Game Informer! I know I said it a few days ago, but for those who missed it, I'll be in Park City, Utah this weekend (ya know, the Sundance Film Festival). Alien Hominid is one of the nominees for the independent game festival taking place at Slamdance! I'll be in town from Friday night through Tuesday morning, so Saturday through Monday will be the best time to find me.

We will be showcasing AH at The Treasure Mountain Inn, in the lobby I believe... So you can just walk in and say hi and hang out!

Doesnt seem like much of an update to me...
But lets hope you don't go dirt poor, live in the slums of LA, and beg for wooden nickles and dimes on the street...not to mention selling NG for beer.
Good luck.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-19 23:52:14

I just beat it today, YAY ME!!!

BBS Signature

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-20 00:01:01

how do u get exp.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-20 02:10:36

At 1/20/05 12:01 AM, adre wrote: how do u get exp.

wrong thread to post this in.

Back to the topic: I hope you win, Tom.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-20 05:22:34

That guy's calendar failed because he failed to meet demand, I know that's a duh thing to think about but he didn't think about it going in, you need a business plan if you're going to spend benjamins like that, and I'm betting they didn't have one. You've gotta sell something that's in demand, and it needs to be marketed better, he should've spent $39,000 on marketing it and whatever else he could spare on making the calender... geesh.

There's probably hundreds of thousands of varieties of swimsuit calendars out there. I guess he learned the hard way, that's a 40 grand lesson for ya.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-20 05:33:21

Its a good game. I hope you the every best with it. WOuld buy myself but Have only a PC so Damn. I am stuck with the interent version which is still very good.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-20 08:23:40

Well, I just got the AH and cracking it open now.
Your fears can drop by whateverpercentage you get from Behemouth.

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-20 09:14:37

Cool! :P

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-20 12:32:04

Bah, to hell with the butterscotch boss

Rosswell Alien>All

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-20 13:35:30

why cant tom come to canada to promote AH?
me and about a dozen of my friends have been looking for AH and we cant find it anywhere,not only cant we find it none have the stores have even heard of it!!!!

Response to AH Updates 2005-01-20 15:06:10

At 1/20/05 01:35 PM, XXXMATTXXX wrote: why cant tom come to canada to promote AH?
me and about a dozen of my friends have been looking for AH and we cant find it anywhere,not only cant we find it none have the stores have even heard of it!!!!

I live in Canada and got it ! the box and manual was even in french ! (I live in Quebec).

AH Updates

Check out my latest project: Notessimo a Mario-Paint meet Music Tracker software