00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

339,076 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 12:18:15

At 1/16/05 12:15 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Ah croquet. One would love to join in, but it to damn cold and wet. One would end damaging ones shoes and the lawn. Does anyone know whats happening in the cricket?

Cricket? what cricket? I didnt know there was a cricket game going on. Oh blast now Ive gone and missed half the fun I imagine......is it being televised anywhere?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 12:21:04

At 1/16/05 12:08 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Croquet? hmmm havent played in ages. Simmons get my croquet set! One must warn you that i am rather dapper at Croquet when i want to. used to be the regional champion what!

By jove, I was the regional champion and what not in croquet too at Cambridge. Oh, we shall have a firce yet jolly good time old boy. Now did I tell you the story where I took down nine Gerries with one spitfire? No? Tally ho to the croquet lawn! Come along jeeves....

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 13:43:31

At 1/16/05 12:18 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Cricket? what cricket? I didnt know there was a cricket game going on. Oh blast now Ive gone and missed half the fun I imagine......is it being televised anywhere?

Didn't you know we were playing south africa old bean. One thinks its only been on sky and then you have to pay for it. Its a damn shame.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 14:11:57

At 1/16/05 12:21 PM, -PaperLuigi- wrote: By jove, I was the regional champion and what not in croquet too at Cambridge. Oh, we shall have a firce yet jolly good time old boy. Now did I tell you the story where I took down nine Gerries with one spitfire? No? Tally ho to the croquet lawn! Come along jeeves....

by george old chap 9 gerries with one Spitfire? Fantastic. in the words of Corporal Jones from Dads army " They dont like it up 'em "

At 1/16/05 01:43 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Didn't you know we were playing south africa old bean. One thinks its only been on sky and then you have to pay for it. Its a damn shame.

No i didnt know we were playing south africa. Ill have to try and wtahc it later once my parents have stopped hogging the T.V. If it's on sky then I will be able to watch it :P

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 14:20:21

At 1/16/05 02:11 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: No i didnt know we were playing south africa. Ill have to try and wtahc it later once my parents have stopped hogging the T.V. If it's on sky then I will be able to watch it :P

Well tis only a maybe that its on sky. Ah one thinks C83 will be here soon. Most likely he will sort out the score. Now lets talk about something useful to know. Which is the best section in the armed forces, the British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air force?
Also why?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 14:26:13

At 1/16/05 02:20 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Well tis only a maybe that its on sky. Ah one thinks C83 will be here soon. Most likely he will sort out the score. Now lets talk about something useful to know. Which is the best section in the armed forces, the British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air force?
Also why?

Royal Navy chap there is a reaosn the song says Brittaina Rule the waves. We have one of,if not ,the greatest Navy ever. Quality over quantity what!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 14:30:39

At 1/16/05 02:26 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Royal Navy chap there is a reaosn the song says Brittaina Rule the waves. We have one of,if not ,the greatest Navy ever. Quality over quantity what!

One thinks the British Army is the better one. After all we have the finest special forces in the world. The RN and RAF are better than any other countries, but because of the SAS and Guards regtiment the British Army is truely spiffing.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 14:34:40

At 1/16/05 02:30 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: One thinks the British Army is the better one. After all we have the finest special forces in the world. The RN and RAF are better than any other countries, but because of the SAS and Guards regtiment the British Army is truely spiffing.

I had forgotten about the SAS. One of the teachers at my school is ex SAS apparently. He certainly ahs the bearing of a military man but whether or not he was actually in the SAS is debateable. Regardless cracking teacher and brilliant musician.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:06:02

By golly, I seemed to have, pardon my French, bloody passed out. I don't seem to know why though.....hey ho! Pass the sherry Jeeves. No, I just want the bottle, not the glass. Thankyou. *starts drinking* Now the....*hic* brandy. Good butler. Now the vod*hic*ka... not tthe gla......I think your ......lovely.......*passes out*.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:12:37

At 1/16/05 03:06 PM, FromDuskTillSean wrote: By golly, I seemed to have, pardon my French, bloody passed out. I don't seem to know why though.....hey ho! Pass the sherry Jeeves. No, I just want the bottle, not the glass. Thankyou. *starts drinking* Now the....*hic* brandy. Good butler. Now the vod*hic*ka... not tthe gla......I think your ......lovely.......*passes out*.

I say Sean! whats happened that forced you to turn to the bottle? have you found out the cricket scores ? are we losing badly.....or have we actually lost?

say it aint so Sean! Say it aint so! Tell me we havent lost the cricket! I wont be able to go on if we have.....Simmons pass me my revolver.....if the worse has happened im going out with a bang!
</over acting>

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:14:49

At 1/16/05 02:20 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Ah one thinks C83 will be here soon. Most likely he will sort out the score.

No sooner asked, than delivered.

Fourth Test, Johannesburg
End of Day 4
England 411-8 dec & 197-5
South Africa 419

Day four started off well, for the tourists, with the last two south african wickets falling, to leave them at 419 all out. A lead of only 8 runs.

However, when England returned to the crease, Andrew Strauss' form deserted him. He was out for a duck, leaving England 2-1. Rob Key (19) helped guide the score past 50, before he left as well. Michael Vaughan came to England's aid once again, posting a score of 54, to lead us to 175-3. However, England's middle order collapsed once more. Thorpe (1) and Flintoff (7) both fell in quick succession, to leave England precariously perched at 197-5 at stumps.

Marcus Trescothick (101*) was the hero of the day. His accomplished century steadied the ship and gave England a glimmer of a potential victory on the final day, tomorrow. He was accompanied by Gerraint Jones (1*) when the covers came on for the night.

He said: "We'd like to get up to 300, but we'll have to judge it on the weather conditions on Monday morning."

There is still a chance of a victory for either side tomorrow, but the weather may still play a great part in this drama of a test match.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:17:40

Naturally, One would extend the hand of friendship and welcome former VEP members LeapOfFaith and Etonboy back into the fold.

Happy birthday, Manic. Don't do anything that one would not. (Though one would advise an ice pack for one's ring sting tomorrow, if you are having a curry.)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:19:32

At 1/16/05 03:17 PM, Coop83 wrote: Happy birthday, Manic. Don't do anything that one would not. (Though one would advise an ice pack for one's ring sting tomorrow, if you are having a curry.)

have had the curry and had a vindaloo so one has an ice pack on standby and will probably not be going to school tommorow.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:21:09

At 1/16/05 03:19 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: have had the curry and had a vindaloo so one has an ice pack on standby and will probably not be going to school tommorow.

Excellent. ColdstreamCooper has advised one to place one's toilet roll in the fridge, for extra comfort.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:22:30

At 1/16/05 03:21 PM, Coop83 wrote: Excellent. ColdstreamCooper has advised one to place one's toilet roll in the fridge, for extra comfort.

hmmmmm now that is an idea. shall palce bgo roll in fridge. I am guessing that both you and coldstream have experience with Vindaloos then?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:23:52

By Trippington's trumps, it is your birthday Manic/Lord Steve, I got you a medal to celebrate with and a bottle of brandy....although the brandy has gone now. Anyway I say we celebrate by going to watch the cricket. Lets go old boys. Tally ho!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:31:50

At 1/16/05 03:23 PM, FromDuskTillSean wrote: By Trippington's trumps, it is your birthday Manic/Lord Steve,

Lord steve? How pleasent! If only one were a lord.,.....when is the next honours list chaps?

I got you a medal to celebrate with and a bottle of brandy....although the brandy has gone now. Anyway I say we celebrate by going to watch the cricket. Lets go old boys. Tally ho!

What a spiffing idea! Lets go cheer on our brave boys!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:35:10

At 1/16/05 03:22 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: hmmmmm now that is an idea. shall palce bgo roll in fridge. I am guessing that both you and coldstream have experience with Vindaloos then?

One did have such experiences at University. One would never like to experience them again, mainly because I may have to pay a large plumbing bill to replace a cracked pan. The heat was intense

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:40:54

One was informed of this place this morning and ones been wanting a few drinking partners for a while now.

Care for a cherry anyone, and if ones aloud to join, one would bring the biggest bottle of Brandy one could lay his hands on.

Toodle pip.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:45:00

At 1/16/05 03:35 PM, Coop83 wrote: One did have such experiences at University. One would never like to experience them again, mainly because I may have to pay a large plumbing bill to replace a cracked pan. The heat was intense

nasty.......one hopes I dont break anything. The heat of the vindaloo was very intense but a large amount of milk sorted it out for me :D

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:49:17

At 1/16/05 03:40 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Care for a cherry anyone, and if ones aloud to join, one would bring the biggest bottle of Brandy one could lay his hands on.

Toodle pip.

Know ing you, SCD, that would be one LARGE bottle indeed. Excellent. Jeeves, be so good as to fetch some glasses, there's a good chap.

At 1/16/05 03:45 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: nasty.......one hopes I dont break anything. The heat of the vindaloo was very intense but a large amount of milk sorted it out for me :D

One was not reffering to on the way in (Lager does the trick there!) but on the way out is a lot worse. One would not assume you will be doing much walking tomorrow.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:51:59

At 1/16/05 03:49 PM, Coop83 wrote: One was not reffering to on the way in (Lager does the trick there!) but on the way out is a lot worse. One would not assume you will be doing much walking tomorrow.

Oh I see......hmmmmmmm. Oh well maybe I can scam a day off school because of me not being able to walk.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 15:52:52

At 1/16/05 03:51 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Oh I see......hmmmmmmm. Oh well maybe I can scam a day off school because of me not being able to walk.

One should think so. Though, like myself, you shall learn the hard way.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 16:40:48

Oh dear chaps it looks like our fellow manic_streetpreacher has been banned! He informed me and asked if one could inform the club. My job is done.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 16:42:55

At 1/16/05 04:40 PM, darkmaster2000 wrote: Oh dear chaps it looks like our fellow manic_streetpreacher has been banned! He informed me and asked if one could inform the club. My job is done.

Really? What a damned shame. Did he tell you what his offence was? or should one not ask?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-16 19:46:09

At 1/16/05 03:35 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 1/16/05 03:22 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: hmmmmm now that is an idea. shall palce bgo roll in fridge. I am guessing that both you and coldstream have experience with Vindaloos then?
One did have such experiences at University. One would never like to experience them again, mainly because I may have to pay a large plumbing bill to replace a cracked pan. The heat was intense

One believes that acording to Terry Pratchett (a mane with an O.B.E dontcherknow) "vindalo" means "mouth scalding gristle for matcho forighin(s.p?) idiots" in the Klatchian native speak.

You have been warned.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 05:01:10

At 1/16/05 07:46 PM, LeapOfFaith wrote: One believes that acording to Terry Pratchett (a mane with an O.B.E dontcherknow) "vindalo" means "mouth scalding gristle for matcho forighin(s.p?) idiots" in the Klatchian native speak.
You have been warned.

Oh, one wishes one would of had this warning before hand. One knows a bit about Pratchett, but not a lot. One has not really found a writer that one really likes.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 11:14:46

At 1/16/05 04:42 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 1/16/05 04:40 PM, darkmaster2000 wrote: Oh dear chaps it looks like our fellow manic_streetpreacher has been banned! He informed me and asked if one could inform the club. My job is done.
Really? What a damned shame. Did he tell you what his offence was? or should one not ask?

It seems our fellow was caught in the act of discussing piracy!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 11:17:52

At 1/17/05 11:14 AM, darkmaster2000 wrote: It seems our fellow was caught in the act of discussing piracy!

Ah. Makes you think why do that after all. Anyway going outside the law is very un-English, unless you count Jack the ripper and some or insane English people.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 11:28:57

como esta biatchs