00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004

62,244 Views | 549 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:15:06

At 12/11/04 08:01 PM, MaxWasHere wrote: My Top 5:
1) FLASHCAFE Studio - What Can Be Changed (This movie really moved me)
2) AloneInTheDark - Alive
3) Sakupen - Dad's Home / Walk Smash Walk
4) Adam Phillips - Brackenwood
5) David Firth - Salad Fingers
6) James Farr - Xombie
7) drumstick - Claveman
8) Aligatorhead - One Wish / Auf Auchse

Thanks man. My new movie is coming out soon and i swear it is better than all of my work totalled (except out of control). Hopefully it will be here next week.....

I would have to vote for Jack Skellington, since he has a remarkable eye for detail and an orginal way of storytelling. Plus he knows about composition, tones and atmosphere without just doing random stuff.

The second one is Sarkazm with Smile. I dont have to tell anyone why that particular one was that good

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:17:49

ok my list i have only 3

1. Luis. in my mind he has made the gratest flashes i have ever scene

2. Knox. I just really like his claymation.

3. James Farr. For xombie of course :)

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:22:04

1: Adam Phillips
2: David Firth
3: James Farr
4: SamBakZa
5: Dan Paladin

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:24:34

Adam Phillips the best flash ever "Prowlies at the River"
Sakupen for making "dad's home" and "Walk-Smash-Walk"
Mousekliks the great game "Balloon Duel" and the great animation "Final Fantasy A+"
RobsH66 the stunning Teaser for "Fallen Angel"
jamesfarr for the great seris "xombie"

not a top 5 more like a hall of fame i hope to see more from all thres animators they made 2004 worth living but they were not alone 2004 whas filled whit new tallent and old tallent like Dan and he's "synj vs. horrid 2" he's not getting old just that he's got alot of animations on newgrounds

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:26:59

1) LiveCorpse
2) Adam P.
3) T0MMY
4) SickDeathFiend
5) Dan (synj)

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:34:07

At 12/11/04 07:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you had to name the five most notable NG artists of 2004, who would they be? You can base your list on any number of factors, just be sure it is based on the accomplishments of this past year. It can include artists who only submitted one thing, or artists who submitted lots of stuff.

I won't say what this is for just yet... I also won't list some of the artists I have in mind. I want to gauge the response from users. Post your top five list to this thread!

These are my favorite artists and what they did:
McFretN - Brutality
CyberMoonStudios - 8 Bit D&D
Evil-Dog - Punk-o-matic
Mousekiliks - Ballon Duel
Manuel Fallmann - Bubbles

Does anyone read these anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:35:00

Mr.Happyface! I really loved his 2 submissions! I don't have another 4 in mind yet

Bleh.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:37:25

Piconjo
tehsonofpiconjo
piconjo2
greatteacherakuzawa
nimpypooh

</winnars?>

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:38:32

no dout the best flash artist is LegendaryFrog! ya dont mess with LegendaryFrog...he'll kik ur ass! lol

#2-Krinkles

#3-TomFulp

#4- -Knox-

#5-uhh...i reely dont no.

[RE Club]:[SSB Crew]:[Free Hentai Exchange Club]

Want animated Signature Pics back? Copy this Sig Pic as protest!

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:38:58

Mine would be Knox, Dan Paladin, the Super Flash Bros., illwillpress (of course), and (my favorite) david firth.

I just wish dave firth could bring "alan" and the clay animation to newgrounds.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:43:10

Knox
Tomorrow's Nobodies
Whoever it was that did Prowlies at the River
IllWillPress - even though Foamy isn't as funny as he used to be.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 20:51:00

Countdowns are the greatest. Here are mine in decsending order:

5) James Farr: I've never seen such and incredibly put together flash series as what he's doing with "Xombie". His work is something that could easily be made into a TV series or even greater a feature film. Put one of the more amazing things about "Xombie" is that the story can be argued as the weak point, as the art and animation are also stellar.

4) Piconjo: The production values on "Perfect Kirby 3 " were so high. It's put together like a TV show (that is if one watches them back to back) and I admire anyone who has the patience to create 3 masterful flashes and release them all within a few weeks of each other. Kudos.

3) Legendary Frog: I don't think he had as good a year as he did in 2003, but he still continues to put out quality work. He's even modest enough to take a back seat and do animating and production for other flash artists. He has to be one of the best flash producers in the history of Flash.

2) ToonZoneMatt: "Bonus Stage" and "High Score" are two of my favorite series. It was his artwork that inspired me when I began developing my "Pendleton County High School" series. Just funny stuff. His videos are Newgrounds' answer to Adult Swim.

1) Adam Phillips: "Bitey of Brakenwood", the "Hitchhiker" series, "Prowlies at the River". Though he didn't produce my favorite flash of 2004 he certainly raised the bar for all flash artists everywhere in terms of art, animation and overall production values. That's why he holds the top spot for me this year.

And of course I have to give an honorable mention to Dan Paladin and Tom Fulp. You all may not have contributed much in terms of flash videos this year, but the reason for the lack of flashes (Alien Hominid) far makes up for it.

It serves its purpose.

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:02:00

At 12/11/04 08:51 PM, rockymike wrote: 4) Piconjo: The production values on "Perfect Kirby 3 " were so high. It's put together like a TV show (that is if one watches them back to back) and I admire anyone who has the patience to create 3 masterful flashes and release them all within a few weeks of each other. Kudos.

The guy that made these flashes is named Pikanjo.

Piconjo is someone else.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:10:10

You guys have to be kidding, teh LegenaryFrog?

1) Luis Castanon (Luis) - You gotta respect this guy, Great flash and has to make a living to top it off, you guys might not understand how hard that is. I don't.

2) Tim F. (Sqeezy) - Sqeezy is actually my favorite animator of all. I love his taste in music, his amazing animation skills, and how fucking funny he is. I can't not watch his movies again and again, hope one day he gets employed to some high paying animation/movie company, lets just say pixar. Hope many more of his moives are to come.

3) TESM - The most potential of all these guys, I really odn't know why you judge yourself so lowly, your anatomy isn't excessively bad, don't worry about the AI: 2 reviews, they don't understand the amount of work you put into that. My hats off to ya, good luck with everything.

4) Matt Blethen - hahahaha, matt... You get the short one, SPED.

5) DannyEsLoco - Very unpopular, but amazing animation and art skills, he's just gotta put these to use and make a flash that doesn't take 4 hours :)

6) FrontRow - <3 <3 <3 your on my christm-- errr, Channukah list :D

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:10:39

1) Mindchamber
2) ericblak
3) jamesfarr
4) Ben_Spurgin
5) AligatorHead

This is also according to my list of "Favorite Artists".

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:12:42

1) SamBakZa
2) Sam T (The George Bush Show)
3) David Firth (Salad Fingers)
4) Dan Paladin
5) Thomas Lee and Jason Brannon (of 'BentTV productions'; a.k.a., Star Wars Gangsta Rap: SE)

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:17:14

Legendary Frog.
illwillpress.
Cycon.
Joanime.
Waterman.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:18:21

I'd say it would be you mr.Fulp, can't wait for AH, now for flash, I would say doodieman, I love poop humour... :)

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:18:58

1)illwillpress
2)cannibusclock
3)gel
4)cycon
5)Sakupen

I love all the things that are foamy =P

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:33:35

Yes, oh yesssss, how very interesting!
Here is my personal list of animators that I think have stood above the pack of wild wolverines, either through their style, their humor, their skills, or their sheer dick-slapping audacity!

1. David Firth -- this guy has renewed my hope that these silly internet cartoons will truly become an art form, or at the least will carry the torch of underground comics into the computer age, until the robots consume us and shit us out in little round balls.

2. Alan the Box -- B/W Drama theater was that rare flash series that actually made me laugh!

3. Dan Paladin -- If I had to choose a stylish flash animator, he's the guy, slumming Disney automatons notwithstanding...

4. Andrew (Tmst) -- the guy who did 'Only Superhuman', and discovered the wrath of 13 year-old Newgrounds viewers. His site claims he has 'too much time on his hands', but I can think of a group that truly does: Demented Flash Fans!!!

5. Amallox (???) -- or whoever exactly it was who made 'There she is!', because it's damn bizarro and rather entertaining!

Others (who I don't know by name): The guy who did the cartoons about the superhero hand (great stuff, man!!!), and the maker of 'Karma Ghost', which should really still be on the top fifty list. C'mon, it was great!!!

And there you go!!! Not that my opinion holds much weight, but these guys entertained me this year! And thanks for the shout-out back there!
Luv,
Matzerath

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:41:36

I'm not sure if I could choose 5 of the best... too many choose from. Just make sure Granfaloon gets in there. His works on Moonlight and Alien Report are amazing, and his humble beginings are inspiring.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:41:51

Best series
Adam Phillips

Best music
Weebl

Best Animation
DanPaladin

Best Style
JamesFarr

Best graphics
LegendaryFrog

Best Claymation
-Knox-

Most underated
Seizure_Dog

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 21:48:35

1. RobsH66 ~ for submitting one of the most popular and well animated movies on newgrounds, with hardly any popularity. The movie "Fallen Angel"
2. Dan Paladin and Tom Fulp ~ For spending so much time on "Alien Hominid" for us.
3. James Farr ~ for submitting the Xombie series.
4. Adam Phillips ~ for giving a us a new member of the NG crew " bitey ".
5. MindChamber ~ for submitting "Pico's Unloaded" that movie rocks.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 22:04:08

At 12/11/04 07:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you had to name the five most notable NG artists of 2004, who would they be? You can base your list on any number of factors, just be sure it is based on the accomplishments of this past year. It can include artists who only submitted one thing, or artists who submitted lots of stuff.

I won't say what this is for just yet... I also won't list some of the artists I have in mind. I want to gauge the response from users. Post your top five list to this thread!

1- TLF (viva 8-bit theater! HE RULES!)
1- Meddros (viva BM vs BC and all other vs! HE RULES TOO!)
3- Legendary Frog (That guy's really good!)
4- Ill Will Press [ill Will Press]
5- Sakupen (creator of Dad's home!!!)

I couln't decide who between TLF and Meddros was better cause I love em both so... I put them on first position both of em ^^

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 22:15:15

At 12/11/04 07:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you had to name the five most notable NG artists of 2004, who would they be?

#1-Adam Philips (obviously)
#2-Luis
#3-Drumstick
#4-Gel
#5-The Super Flash Bros

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 22:15:43

robsh66 need i say more?

that's bout all i care about.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 22:23:43

At 12/11/04 09:06 PM, BonusStage wrote: 4.) Seizure_Dog Now for someone that not everyone will know. He is one of the best comedians i've ever seen on this site, and does great minis and music videos this one for instance he is definately underrated more than anything considering his only awards are from team efforts :(, but hey he gets my vote, may be because of his 100% response rate heh <3 @ S_D ^.^
At 12/11/04 09:41 PM, ramagi wrote: Most underated
Seizure_Dog

omg, wow. O_O I made it twice. You guys are great. This is inspiring me to get my ass moving and start working on some flash again >_< So really, thanks guys.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 22:24:17

going purely on 2004 submissions, i'd say knox for his klaymations, anticlockclock and jeremylokken for their great and numerous flash, David firth for his disturbing flash (all the best stuff was released in 2004), And James Farr for his great xombie flashes, all of which were released this year (except 2, which was a late 03 release). the best, i'd say, would be david firth, followed by james in second, then knox, anticlockclock, then jeremy lokken. I would have said Parks2, krinkles and jotandjab, but they only had 2 or 3 submissions this year.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 22:26:28

oh crap, did i forget underated seizure dog? that's six, but he's too good to go unnoticed. nice guy too.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-11 22:43:22

You all are listing people who just make MOVIES. why am I surprised...

I was never really here.