Watch the transformative power of Art and how Communities change4.01 / 5.00 2,173 Views
The Impossible Quiz returns for a Christmas Special4.00 / 5.00 20,878 Views
Manage Babylon and its ambitious ministers3.91 / 5.00 3,341 Views
James Farr is the first to come to mind. His Xombie series has completely blown me away, so much so that I've saved all 5 episodes to my HD and rewatch them every so often. I love the questions that arise, especially about those snippets of Zoe's memory. I also have an underdeveloped theory about the germ and why Dirge, Cerberus and Nephthys are concious zombies, but I'm getting off track.
I'll also give MindChamber a vote, solely for Pico's Unloaded.
fabulous999 for his Beebo series.
And finally Mike and Andy Parker for College University.
I tried to steer away from the artists already with plenty of votes, but I couldn't resist with Farr. <:)
I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI
looks like Adam has this one in the bag and rightly so!
thanks for the votes guys :~) i appreciate it much!
mr. happy face
Well, Piconjo has been the improvement of the year.
I <3 all Piconjo's movies, but one that gets front page? Come on.
1. Adam Phillips (Prowlies at the River)
2. David Firth (Salad Fingers)
3. Mousekliks (Final Fantasy A+)
4. Sakupen (Dad's Home)
5. Marc M. (Last Two Men on Earth)
1. marc m a.k.a. Romeo Junior
i like all of his movies and proverbs, and discovered his work/website
only a few months ago. that makes him the most notable artist 2004 for me.
2. Adam Phillips
HitchHiker and Brackenwood are a quality revolution for flash movies.
dad's home and especially walk-smash-walk are both genius and stylish.
4. Jeremy Lokken
I was surprised he is still around here, and i love his movies. also he
gets the oldschool-bonus :^)
5. Dan Paladin
synj vs. horrid pt.2 has some of the best frame-by-frame action ever!
I think these are the most notable:
* Joseph Blanchette (and all the people in JB's haters' club can screw themselves, he DID animate great flash, you jeallous jerks :P)
* Adam Phillips (duh :P)
* Bill Waterman
* James Farr
Also worth mentioning (not the most notable, but they're really good too, and I really like their work):
* Tomorrow's Nobody
* Too much spare Time
Ok, I was just quickly reading everyone else's posts and I fear I unfairly left out two artists I really like: The super flash brothers. They're too recent here to be the most notable, but they're also extremely good :P
As for Zhu, that's more like a historical character. Xiao Xiao 3 was the first flash I ever saw :P
And if we were voting for the most notable CHARACTERS, then certainly illwillpress's Foamy, Jay Donaldson's Kegel and other sarcastic comedy characters would have the top.
In no particular order......
AloneInTheDark-Alive,Fake Metal Feelings and The Godson are awesome, love your art style
-Knox- C'mon! He's Knox!
Doki-Saladfingers, Spoilsbury toast boy and Burnt face man!
Sakupen-Probably one of the best new artists out there
jamesfarr-Gotta love Xombie!
Lifetime acheivement award: Livecorpse
1. Wiesi_Mausland - Frank's Adventure 3
2. MindChamber - Pico's Unloaded
3. Evil-Dog - Punk-o-matic
4. chuanasa - Muay Thai
5. Dave - Retarded Animal Babies
SickDeathFiend gotta lov his work
legendary frog gotta luv his spoofs
picojoino no matter what they say this guy is fucking insane and does awesome work
thats all i can think of right now i will know more after i have my coffee
Dark Kisses In Sweet Places
Graphics Of The Year - Adam Phillips
Movie Of The Year - Prowlies At The River
Humor Of The Year - Pube Muppet
Artist Of The Year - Adam Phillips
Success Of The Year - Alien Hominid Console Game
Clock Of The Year - TurdClock
LF better not be on that list.. he did nothing for this site except filling it up with crap.
3:MrMortisland (Super Mario Blitz)
4:Vazz (Mortal Kombat Series)
5:The Super Flash Bros
1. Tomorrows Nobody
2. Mike and Andy Parker (college university)
i dont have a fifth
1. Adam Phillips (for Prowlies at the River)
2. WX (for CS movies like DE_dust and DE_aztec)
3. Entropic Order (for Rooftop Skater)
4. Phill Collins a.k.a. Coflash (for RAY 1 & 2 and Seal Team 6)
5. Stenflash (for Die in Style and Agent Smiley)
These are in no particular order
skim through a few of the other psots here it kinda suprised me the names people put down. This was really a hard list to pick, i mean when people put down rather forgetable artist, and very unknown ones, it kinda defeats the purpose of asking the people...its almost as bad as the ones who put themselves.
-DrDeath2k3: He got 2 awards this year, also got featured on the frontpage with ''the reaper''. Plus he also got a couple of nice series.
-SickSexFiend: Makes alot of nice stuff.
-piconjo: Piconjo besitzen sie dvd was just awesome. I also like some of his other stuff.
-Adam Phillips: Prowlies offcourse.
-James Farr: The xombie series
aren't in any order
Most notable artists?
- David Firth (definitely the most notable one, if you've never heard of Salad Fingers then you must have been in a coma for the past 6 months)
My fav artists of 2004 are:
jotandjab (A.K.A Dave, the guy who makes RAB)
These are the mostnoticable to bad they all suck except Piconjo and SBC
1. adam philips (of course.... consistently movie quality animation and directing in a flash, possibly for the first time ever)
2. mousekliks (Final Fantasy A+ and Balloon Duel... FFA+ was brilliantly drawn, funny and generally very well produced... Balloon Duel was excellently done, great interface, programming and a rather innovative game)
3. dan paladin (recently, synj vs horrid, and of course, alien hominid. incredibly original, hand drawn style and brilliantly smooth action)
4. krinkels (madness series - also a very original style (one which must have made it all very easy for him). great action, fairly funny movies and one of the best games released on NG, krinkels is an all time favourite)
5. not sure about the 5th. perhaps james farr (xombie series)
Adam Phillips no doubt. No questions asked.
James Farr: It takes more than an amatuer to come up with the Xombie Series.
Sakupen: First two submissions in the top 10. Uh yea, he's on here.
phredrawles: Bonzaii Bunny series kicks ass.
Not sure about a fifth artist...but those are my top. At least the top three should be on this list, possibly phredrawles but I needed another one so i threw him in there. Phillips and Farr all the way though, and that's it.
OOH, I forgot! David Firth most definitly! Even before phredrawles. All ner and original stuff in the past year. Definitly a worth while notable artist.
Meh, the best on NG are:
1: Synj (For alien hominid)
2: Knox (For all his funny-ass claymations)
3: Krinkels (For creating the madness series)
4: VGDC (For rise of the mushroom kingdom and all the other good pixelated movies)
5: Neil Cicierega AKA Trapezoid (For creating the animutation)