00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004

62,235 Views | 549 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 21:20:49

hey guys!

my five are (in no particular order)

Knox
Legendary Frog
Dan Paladin
Sakupen
TheWeebl

well there we go, thats my say.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 21:21:37

Well, I would have to rate it on my favorite submissions:

Krinkles: For Madness
Randy Solem: Rise of the Mk, along with the Mack Daddy Marios
John And Richie: The PK series
SuperFlashBrothers/DoubleHelix: Decline series
Legendary Frog: All of those numerous flashes he has done are awsome
MouseKliks: Baloon Duel and Final Fantasy A+
Alexxable: TLOZ: Prequel of Time
Thats all the things I like that i can name off the top of my head
Another favorite I like is
The Real Legend/Moonlight- both made by the same guy

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 21:25:36

I almost forgot 1 of the best - TheWalrus!

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 21:26:25

Adam Phillips- Well for the smoothest and best drawn flash

James Farr- XOMBIE!!!

RobsH66- For showing us what flash is capable of

SickDeathFiend- For some of the goreiest shit I ever seen

Rob DenBleyker- Giving us Joe zombie

These have to be my top 5 artists I ever seen and I thank them for showing me that flash can do alot more than make pretty colors flash on a screen.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 21:38:54

AntiClockClock (Hes submitted PLENTY of movies, and several quite good ones.)
Piconjo (Admit it, everyone's heard of him, and he is undoubtedly skilled. He represents the shocking, controversial glory of NG from years back.)
Sam T of Ebolaworld (Possibly the largest political flash contributor)
Adam Philips (The Bitey of Brackenwood/ Prowlies guy- 2 AMAZING movies this year)
Klacid (Come on, Love Hina Sim Date RPG was on the front page for what? 3 months? Also, he has made probably the most (Popular) sim dates).

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 21:48:16

Well, Tom this year like so many others seen the great talents of many new artist to the newgrounds community. With every submitted .swf file the portal increased along with our members and the bar raised.

Some of the most notable work in 2004 has come from James Farr for his wonderfully animated series Xombie. This series is so well directed and produced that it would fit in great with a Saturday morning cartoon line up.

Another fresh faced work this year came from David Firth, hailed as the "strangest Flash series ever conceived" it still has this auther wondering if this guy is really completely normal in real life and just wants users to think other wise for hype.

Speaking of hype no game has had more hype than Alien Hominid and revamped as a console game has added alot of hope and inspiration to flashers & gamerz alike.

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 22:00:07

I dont have a Top 5 but i will have to give my vote to Knox for this constant effort with Original script work in his claymations not to mention the smoothness of all of his claymations.

He deserves a spot on that list

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 22:02:41

Legendary frog - for creating wonderful flashes

James Farr - for creating xombie

super flash bros - their flashes also just rocks, just look at "dicline of videogaming".

Tomorrows_Nobody - his flashes is also very good, very humorous

Krinkles - i think everybody enjoys madness as much as i do

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 22:15:23

LegendaryFrog
IllwillPress
Visual_Noize
David Firth
satim

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 22:21:10

At 12/12/04 10:11 PM, BonusStage wrote: P.S. EK MindChamber only had 21 silly, and that included votes AFTER what you said, but i plan on checking to see Granfaloon, and maybe a few others, just to see how many people LLIIIKKEEE them heh.

I didn't count. I just assumed that he was close from the top5. Oh well, I was wrong OR you cant't count :P

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 22:21:50

Knox

um... I can't think of anymore.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 22:37:06

1.legendary frog(he has awesome final fantasy things!)
2.sakupen(gave me laughter with dads home and phenominal graphics and audio in walk smash walk)
3.mousekliks(HE IS THE BEST ANIMATOR I'VE SEEN YET HE SHOULD BE NUMBER 1!!!!!!)
4.granfaloon(THIS WAS THE BEST MOVIE ON NEWGROUNDS NOW IT IS IN THE TOP 30 WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)
5.krinkles(HE MADE MADNESS he should be rewarded greatly)

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 22:39:26

At 12/12/04 10:11 PM, BonusStage wrote: Last update for tonight, and if anyone of "power" doesn't like me doing this, that's just fine, and i'll stop, but if not, i'll be making another in maybe .... 16 hours ;)

1.) still Adam P. with 111

hey whos Adam P.?
and to add to my list
/Tommorrows_nobodys

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 22:43:56

hum well mine r

#1-me
#2-myself
#3-i

i cant draw flash well all i can draw is a circle moving from side to side like the ng tutorial tells me to

but im still my favourite artist

Taisetsu na mono protect my balls!

BBS Signature

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 23:00:49

ill keep it short and simple
1-Image Nation Animation
2-Legendary Frog
3-illwillpress
4-Sick Death Fiend
5-James Farr
all for great animations, some humorous, some gorey, some both but all are great.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 23:01:51

1. aligatorhead
he's in the top 100 around 50 to 65 and did a movie that made the front page called "Auf Achse". He's also done other work this year and has won a few portal awards for his work. "Auf Achse" in my opinion is the best flash on NG with maybe a few exceptions.

2.metalmaverick
He creates bobblehead like characters in his movies and did "Jedi Training" and also participated in "The Matrix Has You" as well as others, getting multiple awards.

3. LegendaryFrog
He participated in "The Matrix Has You" as well as "The Matrix Still Has You; both of which I believe are in the top 100. He did the "One Ring to Rule Them All" series as well as "FF7: About Random Battles"; both are in the top 100 list.

4. iwillpress
He put out "Passion of the Zombies" for which he won a portal award or two and "Foamy's Rant IV" which also won an award or two. He also put out movies in his "Foamy" and "Germaine" series'.

5. pyropymp_aka_Thomas
He got nine awards this year and is the author of the "Star Wars Gansta Rap:SE" which is in the top 50.

Each of these artists made flashes with not only amazing animation, but also incredible stories, comedy, content, and music. Each artist has put out so many good submissions that I'm glad there is a favorite artist list so that I don't have to put each submission on my favorite animations list.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 23:09:02

i only got one right now

i like inevitability.. he shows what really goes on during prayer (see spiritual warfare)

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 23:14:29

this can't work...everyone keeps voting for themselves...

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 23:30:01

David Firth
KOL
Adam Phillips

That's all that comes to mind when I think of 'notable' as in 'good.'

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 23:38:48

5: Sherbalex: Who can forget Jeremey? HIs animation is so smooth, original and full of style that it's inspiring to watch everytime. Not to mention his fitting songs and sence of humor that so greatly saturate his movies. Fun dude to chat too.
4: Krinkels: Matt is great when it comes to just kickass movies. Movies that are violent and funny, and animated well. His (main, let's not forget Breadman) series, Madness, has improved much over time and still manages to keep thousands of fans interested and coming back for more. Not to mention, when he teamed up with Max A. and created Madness Interactive (which I had the pleasure of Modding), his fans screamed cries of happiness (is that an oxymoron?). Great guy, too.
3: Gel: He's original, humorous, and straightfoward. Not to mention, he has a great (fake) wife! When colaborating with Dustball (another great, but not for movies/animation) you can expect to see magic made. Don't forget about him! (Gel - ;) )
2: Dan Paladin (Synj): So you're not Jesus? Synj is a kind, nice, hilarous little jolly jogger who's unaturally short. With Glasses. What's not to like? Haha, just loving with you. His great fbf movies are a feast for the eyes, with special effects galore. Not to mention he's managed to make two (yes, two.) entries this year while completing a console game! The dynamic duo Dan/Tom have always worked well together to bring us great games such as the AHP, AH, Cantankourus TANK (w/ a little help from Gel.) and others (?). Not to mention he manages to run a forum with 600 members and flaming 14 year old punks. :P I applaud you, Synjy.

And finally:

1: Adam Phillips: A veteran animator (10 years and counting) who still continues to amaze me and MANY others with his great, great, great, GREAT animations and invisioned Actionscripting ideas (along with Sham). He's prouduced and great series that's going places (Adam - ;) Hah). Adam dominates the Portal, and with another movie in the works, he shall continue. Godspeed. I had the pleasure of moderating his forum before I resigned, and that filled me with respect for Adam.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 23:46:47

klacid
krinkles
drunkmagikoopa

thats all i gots for now. yay me.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 23:49:30

Sakupen
Firth
Dan Paladin
Adam Phillips
SamBakZa

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 23:57:18

1. -Knox-
2. IllWillPress
3. Klacid
4. Gerkinman
5. Evil-Dog

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-13 00:04:49

1) TOM FULP (No doubt-see Alien hominid)

2) ADAM PHILIPS

3)ROBH66

4) KLACID

5) (The one who made "Legend of Hiro")

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-13 00:10:41

well i hav'nt been on NGs for a while so

1.metal maverick
2.super flash brothers
3.pikanjo
4.legendary frog
5.TOMMY

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-13 00:15:56

Knox of course.

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-13 00:15:56

5 people who did something amazing noone had ever done before:

Paul Ter Voorde
"Mario Reloaded"
George_Johnson
"A Final Date"
Thomas Lee
"Star Wars Gansta Rap:SE"
LegendaryFrog
"One Ring:Special Edition" and "One Ring 3"
MouseKliks
"Final Fantasy A++" and "Balloon Duel"

also, Alexlabbe with TLoZ: PoT, , Gear_Zero with "Ordinary Conversation", Master_Samus with "A Super Mario Story 1" monkokio with "Extreme Farm Sim"... deserve credit... but there are so many who do...

the list goes on.... and on.. and on...

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-13 00:19:27

Hmmm..I'll say
Adam Phillips
James Farr
Evil Dog
Legendary Frog
Sakupen

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-13 00:19:53

Dan Paladin! ooh i forgot him! stupid me. argh

Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-13 00:23:22

me and my friends only come here to watch knox movies so i only vote knox