00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

134,589 Views | 1,941 Replies

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-04-24 11:22:59

i want my retrogade back :'(

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-04-24 13:29:14

At 4/24/07 11:22 AM, MTspace wrote: i want my retrogade back :'(

Dont we all?

I might have to take you up on that offer Quikfox.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-04-27 00:42:15

3 weeks, 2 days and counting... since Wednesday 4/04 IIRC... to Friday 4/27 (... so far).

Alas, alas, my kingdom for an ass.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-04-27 22:22:35

I sent SK an email to his gmail (only one I could find that's still functioning) about a week ago. No response.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-04-27 22:53:09

At 4/27/07 10:22 PM, TarThoron wrote: I sent SK an email to his gmail (only one I could find that's still functioning) about a week ago. No response.

I could have told you that it takes him weeks to get back to you from an email.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-04-28 21:12:28

I think it's safe to say that RetroGade is never coming back.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-04-29 01:24:57

I find the last two posts pretty funny, that last post especially humorous.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-01 01:11:14

At 4/28/07 09:22 PM, DaSadGirl wrote:
At 4/28/07 09:12 PM, fuSEEk wrote: I think it's safe to say that RetroGade is never coming back.
I think it was the right choice. The website wasn't even that successful and mostly was viewed by fans.

Stick to Deviantart for artwork and stay here for stats.

( 3

Or we could go to RG for both art and stats. Just a thought.

Seriously, guys. Way to jump the gun. RG is down for a month and it's never coming back? Safe to say? "Right choice"? Who says a choice has been made. SK hasn't said anything in 3 weeks. Until we hear from him, this is all a bit premature specu-lalating.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-03 01:07:23

At 5/1/07 01:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Seriously, guys. Way to jump the gun. RG is down for a month and it's never coming back? Safe to say? "Right choice"? Who says a choice has been made. SK hasn't said anything in 3 weeks. Until we hear from him, this is all a bit premature specu-lalating.

The guys who are saying it's gone for good are people who more or less left and were never around back when the site went down about half way through every month.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-03 04:03:24

At 5/3/07 01:07 AM, QuikFox wrote: were never around back when the site went down about half way through every month.

When was the last time that happened? (Aside from May '05, when a scripting error ate up all the bandwidth.) I think I missed the last one by a month or two.

At least then you knew it came back at the beginning of the next month.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-03 20:40:32

At 5/3/07 04:03 AM, TarThoron wrote: When was the last time that happened? (Aside from May '05, when a scripting error ate up all the bandwidth.) I think I missed the last one by a month or two.

I can't even remember back when that happened last, all I remember is that is back when Bedn was handling the hosting and paying for it himself most of the time.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-03 22:27:29

retrogade was cool once upon a time....../sniff /tear

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-04 01:35:05

At 5/3/07 01:07 AM, QuikFox wrote:
At 5/1/07 01:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Seriously, guys. Way to jump the gun. RG is down for a month and it's never coming back? Safe to say? "Right choice"? Who says a choice has been made. SK hasn't said anything in 3 weeks. Until we hear from him, this is all a bit premature specu-lalating.
The guys who are saying it's gone for good are people who more or less left and were never around back when the site went down about half way through every month.

I was thinking that myself in a way while writing that reply, but at the same time, even though RG was going down quite a lot back then, and was down for longer than this if you add up all the separate outages...

Today is 5/04, and RG went down on 4/04. That's a full month down, and that never happened before continuously, so... it's kinda apples and oranges at this point.

At 5/3/07 04:03 AM, TarThoron wrote:
At 5/3/07 01:07 AM, QuikFox wrote: were never around back when the site went down about half way through every month.
When was the last time that happened? (Aside from May '05, when a scripting error ate up all the bandwidth.) I think I missed the last one by a month or two.

At least then you knew it came back at the beginning of the next month.

Exactly.

It was August/September/October of 2004, BTW.

Epic months of on-and-off RGness.

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-04 21:57:21

Sorry about the long silence, but I'm not thinking I'm going to keep Retrogade going anymore. The host I was moving to sucked balls (never, ever use GoDaddy, btw), and it's just going to take too much time and effort to get RG back up and running, and I can't afford the hosting needed to keep it from going down on occasion. Between school, work, and fiancée, I just don't have enough time anymore. If anyone's interested in getting their hands on the source code, feel free to drop me a line and I'll decide if you're worthy. ;-) In any case, it's been a good run.

- SK

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-04 22:28:56

At 5/4/07 09:57 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: If anyone's interested in getting their hands on the source code, feel free to drop me a line and I'll decide if you're worthy. ;-) In any case, it's been a good run.

- SK

I don't have the knowledge to do that, but I would like some of my submissions if possible (after my old computer crashed RG was the only place most of them existed). Be cool if you could put up a progade style site for a little while.

In either case, where's the best place to contact you?

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-04 23:38:01

At 5/4/07 09:57 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Sorry about the long silence, but I'm not thinking I'm going to keep Retrogade going anymore.

That's too bad, I really enjoyed Retrogade even though I wasn't much of an artist. But thanks for heads up... it was a little frustrating not knowing what's been going on all this time. Hopefully someone worthy can restore RG back to it's former glory. =)

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-04 23:41:59

At 5/4/07 09:57 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Sorry about the long silence, but I'm not thinking I'm going to keep Retrogade going anymore. The host I was moving to sucked balls (never, ever use GoDaddy, btw), and it's just going to take too much time and effort to get RG back up and running, and I can't afford the hosting needed to keep it from going down on occasion. Between school, work, and fiancée, I just don't have enough time anymore. If anyone's interested in getting their hands on the source code, feel free to drop me a line and I'll decide if you're worthy. ;-) In any case, it's been a good run.

- SK

;_;

Damnit, SK... why'd you have to prove the doubters (partially) right?

In any event, RG has changed hands before. Please please please find a candidate if none is coming to you, and keep the site alive... don't just let it die with your lack of time. Pass it on, like how lists get passed on (for the most part, your NGTL and my pentalist are prettty much the only exceptions out of 15+ lists that've been made/maintained/updated by more than just one person over their histories).... on Wi/Ht?

Keep the grand "passing it on" traditions alive, man. ;_;

What about QuikFox, BTW? Seeing as how he'd been trying to redesign the site with you for what... a whole year or two?

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-05 00:01:53

At 5/4/07 09:57 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Sorry about the long silence, but I'm not thinking I'm going to keep Retrogade going anymore. The host I was moving to sucked balls (never, ever use GoDaddy, btw), and it's just going to take too much time and effort to get RG back up and running, and I can't afford the hosting needed to keep it from going down on occasion. Between school, work, and fiancée, I just don't have enough time anymore. If anyone's interested in getting their hands on the source code, feel free to drop me a line and I'll decide if you're worthy. ;-) In any case, it's been a good run.

- SK

Tragedy²

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-05 02:05:00

I guess I can stop checking. I hate to say this but RG should be should on like an online bidding website. Let a corp. take it over or some stranger.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-05 05:10:37

- SK

Thanks for letting us know SK. It's a shame to see Rg go just as soon as i came back to the site. I hope someone will take the source off your hands and get it back up and running. good luck with everything SK.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-05 10:36:03

well, we had a good run. it was a fun time for a while there. i guess i should let usagi know....

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-05 23:33:02

So, my hardrive had a kernel error, and RG held the last remaining copies of some of my work. Such a shame to see it go. If I could have, I would have donated to help keep the site running. It was really the only reason I turned on my computer for the past 2 years, and it motivated me to get into graphic design. Now I'm going to one of the top cg schools in the country and I really do owe it to retrogade and its members.

gone but not forgotten...

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 01:01:34

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
If you'll not fail to tell me that you love me
I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

This isn't sarcasm. I'm seriously bummed. T_T

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 01:19:40

Why don't some of us look for a programmer on DeviantART or someplace similar to see if we can't get another Head Programmer? I could help out with some of the code, as could Charlotte, but we'd still need someone with quite a bit more knowledge about it then us alone.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 01:24:25

Also, the community doesn't have to die with the site. You can all join The Alliance, if you haven't already and it can continue there.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 01:50:14

It really is a shame to see Retrogade go. I can't believe people are taking it so lightly. I thought it was a really cool website, and right when I was looking to submit some more stuff, I hear that it's not ever coming back!

At 5/6/07 01:24 AM, QuikFox wrote: Also, the community doesn't have to die with the site. You can all join The Alliance, if you haven't already and it can continue there.

Eh, the Alliance isn't the same, in my opinion. Although I could be wrong, seemed Retrogade was an organized website, and not necessarily anti anything. While The Alliance is extraordinarily spammy, from what I remember, and anti-Newgrounds and such.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 01:53:18

At 5/6/07 01:50 AM, MadCow wrote: It really is a shame to see Retrogade go. I can't believe people are taking it so lightly. I thought it was a really cool website, and right when I was looking to submit some more stuff, I hear that it's not ever coming back!

I'm surprised at myself as well to be honest. I'm not as heartbroken as I expected. It was my favorite website.

I think we've all had some time to realize and accept it with it being down for the past, what two weeks or so, if not more?

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 05:43:01

At 5/4/07 09:57 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Bad News

Would hate to see the site dissapear, after all the reviewing and submitting I've done, heh. Hope it finds a new owner soon . . . I'd be happy to help mantain it.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 08:43:28

Damn, I had just gathered some stuff to submit aswell. I'm sorry to see such a great site shut down.

No angry face, just sadness. :(

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 13:53:01

Well, for all of those who want to get their submissions back, I'll probably be posting them some time in the near future in an archive style, for anyone who wants to get a copy. They'll only be up for a short time, but I'll let you guys know in advance (via this thread) when it'll be.