00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BobRoss115 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

208,920 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 16:29:21

Myst, by the way, the spammer DroopyA is starting to get on my nerves, his stupid fake posts are taking up space, report him or somthing please, lol

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 16:34:24

Okay.. a few notes.

I am reporteing DroopyA.

The editor is of course welcome. This is an intriguing addition. Please feel free to comment on posted works if you happen to browse through some old one sor read any new ones.

Haloman.. .thats cool about your charcter. It was a very cool introduction i will admit. I am sure all will work out fine. : ) I have faith i nyou. You are a great writer.

Welcome newcomers. We have added like 4 or 5 new members i nthe past week. Thank you all for your support... anything else imissed?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 16:46:48

has anyone ever read books of the riftwar by raymond e. feist?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 16:49:42

alright, done with me latest post, hope this helps addapt her to the standings, lol, i planned on doing this, so don't worry

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 16:50:26

Did anybody read my starcraft story, if you did an would like the rest contact me or msg me i have msn, my e-mail is in my profile

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 16:51:56

Thanxs myst, ur a great writer too, i gota think on some new stuff for mina, lol

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 16:58:58

At 12/2/04 04:50 PM, Tubuska92 wrote: Did anybody read my starcraft story, if you did an would like the rest contact me or msg me i have msn, my e-mail is in my profile

I read it and was quite impressed but it was about starcraft so that put me off a bit( im not a big fan of the game)

and Ive read the riftwar books by Raymond E fiest. There is a book club here on Ng that would be most willing to except you as a member should yuo wish to discuss your reading material/

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:00:29

At 12/2/04 04:34 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Okay.. a few notes.

I am reporteing DroopyA.

Ive already reported him Myst. I did make a post abpout it. I guess you missed it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:00:47

At 12/2/04 04:51 PM, Haloman wrote: Thanxs myst, ur a great writer too, i gota think on some new stuff for mina, lol

Thanks.

Fox: OMG! I love the conceot of your last post. It was a sweet little twist. I dont care what you do with it, but oh man.. i was like "Wow.. I wish i had of thought of that"
Amazing idea... nice typos too lol : P
Just teasing.

Anyway, whenever you show up at the mansion, just knock. ; )

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:02:17

At 12/2/04 05:00 PM, Frozen_fox wrote:
At 12/2/04 04:34 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Okay.. a few notes.

I am reporteing DroopyA.
Ive already reported him Myst. I did make a post abpout it. I guess you missed it.

Oh ok. Sorry. My fault. Well, Ozcar will get the point then.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:06:04

At 12/2/04 05:00 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:

My typos are the greatest thing about my posts! you should know that :P

Anyway, whenever you show up at the mansion, just knock. ; )

will do.....or will i jump through the window and slit your throat.......the choices.....hmmmmmmmm

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:17:21

Yo Tubuska!!! As editor I want you to see what I can do with your story. I'm giving it the works and I'll have it back on the post for everyone to see the finished product as soon as possible.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:17:55

lol!!!! thats great

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:34:33

At 12/2/04 05:17 PM, captain-t wrote: Yo Tubuska!!! As editor I want you to see what I can do with your story. I'm giving it the works and I'll have it back on the post for everyone to see the finished product as soon as possible.

thats part was a bit in the middle of the story i havnt even finished it yet, edit it and ill c what it looks like

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:52:44

Just noting that i cannot post in WOR for a few hours. I am at my first art exhibition. I have four submissions.. i know i have said it a million times, but i am excited. Anyway, i will be back to post late tonight i hope. Have fun RPing. If need be you can include my character i nthe discussion at diner or have my charcter leave to attend to business or something if it makes it easier.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:53:04

shit, reached my post limit, Myst, lets go with the interuption, mystery sourounding Mina seems so much better, hehe

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:54:18

At 12/2/04 05:53 PM, Haloman wrote: shit, reached my post limit, Myst, lets go with the interuption, mystery sourounding Mina seems so much better, hehe

grrr the post limit sucks Ive hit it to and I wanna reply!!!!!!!! But I say we go with the interuption thing aswell. It works better IMO.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:55:11

yea, i hate the post limit, lol, its so useless for RP's, gets on my nerves

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:56:35

LMAO.. you two are a pair. Anyway later.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 17:59:12

At 12/2/04 05:55 PM, Haloman wrote: yea, i hate the post limit, lol, its so useless for RP's, gets on my nerves

I just generally hate it.....specially when Im i the politics forum though and I ahve a point to get across and I need to wait......its time like that when I wish I had an alternate account.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 18:12:44

lol, yea, seems the spammers here don't get a break though.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 18:18:52

At 12/2/04 06:12 PM, Haloman wrote: lol, yea, seems the spammers here don't get a break though.

rofl. thats true. All the 4 posts in 30 mins rule does is piss off people. Cause if someone is intent on spamming then they will just start a new thread and spam up up that one.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 18:54:30

At 12/2/04 06:12 PM, Haloman wrote: lol, yea, seems the spammers here don't get a break though.

I hate the rule, i have complained, but they "spammers will spam to much then, i say screw that, especially if you start a crew,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 19:05:50

I keep getting kicked off the computer at my place... I'm having trouble getting this finished. Here is what I have so far:

“Tower One, do you copy? Over.” The radio hummed without the response. Suddenly, static resounded in my ear. It was fading, but there was soon no mistaking that the hydralisks he saw attacking weren’t alone. They were charging his way.
He ran out of the Com Room back into the training area, the door usually containing the area was torn from its alloy-encrusted hinges. Acid hissed and dripped from the jagged points that remained. Creeping around and looking out the door, he wasn’t surprised to see the Zerg roaming the city killing at will, but he was disgusted to be without a weapon. There were all different species of Zerg, stalking around the city. Dropships swarmed into the air, brimming with people fleeing from the mass destruction. Few of the craft escaped. At least I don’t have to take that chance. He rushed silently along using the available alleyways to remain undetected; he had to get to the Airship Port. A nearby factory had been reduced to rubble burying all of its tanks and weapons. As he ducked into a shadow to avoid a Zerg troop’s gaze, he glimpsed up just in time to see the compound’s chief airship leave to make after all the others. They have to be migrating to a new colony. How can they just run away? Having just arrived, he opened the door to the Port. He cursed when he saw only one enduring Dropship.
A massive crowd had gathered and was fighting to get into the ship. There were SCVs and a few marines, all struggling to leave the god-forsaken base and not a single troop had climbed aboard the ship, the door was closed. He ran over and the door slid open. An SCV beckoned him inward and said, “After you, Sir.”
“Wait, I’m not a officer,” He spat out and then remembered he was still in Ghost armor. Ghosts were all commanding officers. The white Ghost stepped into the doorway, everyone was bickering about the five remaining seats. Of the 15 troops left the Ghost chose 4 SCVs and one Marine. I can’t believe they’re really listening to me! If I didn’t have my night vision on they would have known I wasn’t a real ghost. The Ghost hopped in the co-pilot’s seat and said to the Marine, “Take off you armor its going to be a long ride.”
“Yes, sir!” replied the Marine. As he sat down.
He took off his helmet and the Ghost laughed, “Hey! Dom, thought I’d never see you again! Let’s get out of here, you’re the Pilot. We need to follow the other aircraft before they are out of sight”.
There was a sudden explosion as a group of hydralisks smashed out of a nearby building. “I thought that would contain them for longer!” yelled the now frustrated Dom. “We’ll need another minute to take off.”

Tell me what you think...

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 20:28:07

Here another part of it...

Some of the SCVs instinctually ran at the sight of the enemy. They were instantly destroyed when the hydralisks scorched them with acid-breath. Now there were only five marines, and two SCVs. Dom engaged the launch sequence as the hydralisks were slowly drawing near, the Ghost threw open the porthole on the Dropship and grabbed Dom’s Gauss Rifle. He sprayed the acid-spewing aliens with crippling fire. Two were killed, but there were many more. There wasn’t enough time to count, so he just continued shooting. He was aiming for the next target and pulling the trigger, but no holes appeared in the despicable creature. The rifle had expended its ammunition. The other marines that were fighting had killed three of the Hydralisks, but may have had the same problem. They now fight no more, they have been slain. The SCVs had no chance at survival and were utterly destroyed. I ran to the closet of the cockpit, and found myself with out replacement magazines. The ground suddenly erupted up toward him and met his facemask; he was knocked dizzy and breathless. “Forgot you didn’t have to kill them only hold them off for a minute,” grinned Dom, as he helped the Ghost to stand.
“Quiet, you” the Ghost said, enhancing Dom’s Irish accent.
The room spun around him and he forced himself to his feet. He leaned heavily against the side of the pilot’s cabin and they both enjoyed a good laugh for a few minutes, until the Ghost realized no one was piloting the craft. “Dom… who has control of the steering?”
Dom cursed and dove for the driver’s seat. It was to late, they had already crashed. Dom, who was in the pilot's seat, was smashed into the front window. He was instantly unconscious.

I'll have the last part soon

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 20:55:54

and the last bit

The ghost staggered to check on the crew. He opened the door to find all of the SCVs dead except for one. They had all been smashed forward into the fuselage and were broken in all sorts of places. “Are you all right?” the Ghost asked.
“No, I… I can’t move.” He strained out.
“Can you build a command center?”
“Even if I had the minerals, I don’t think I…” his voice trailed off as his mind slipped into the darkness of death.
“Can you build anything?” the Ghost screamed at his warm corpse. ”Darn, darn, darn” he yowled. Instantly remembering Dom, he ran back into the cockpit and dragged Dom off the windshield into the open space of the general cabin. Facing him upward so the Ghost could examine him, he couldn’t see if he was too badly hurt to live. He dragged Dom outside and laid him down. “Where the Hell are we?” Dom sputtered.
He was obviously in pain, but he would heal. He would probably need to see a medic, but how? The Ghost hopped up and looked in the direction that they came. Although they had only flown for a short time, the base was a miniscule dot on the horizon. They were stranded out in the desert with no minerals, no SCVs, and no ammunition. Suddenly specks appeared above the city growing quickly in size. They were closing on the downed craft. It had to be those demonic…

I wasn’t sure about the final word. Was it multilisks (many lisks) or mutilisks (mutated lisks)? One other thing, the whole Ghost armor thing… How did he get the armor, did he steal it? What accent should I use for Dom?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 22:01:33

WOW we just got like 2 or 3 new members, I feel like my character in WOR is being ignored I was standing in the arena and posted a couple of times and then I had to go to sleep, I get home from school and walking dogs and now it sounds like so much has gone on, Iam thinking of quiting WOR or creating a new character cuz so much happens while Iam gone and my character isnt really doing anything now, he just keeps waking up out of trances and doing random shit, I dunno...what should I do?
To Myst: I only have up to episode seven right now (ep.5 has two parts so 8 comics al together) and I cant make any new ones cuz my comp is screwed up right now, I have to reformat it, but after that C.C. (colorless comics) will be back in buisness, hey maybe I should create a club for my comic company, then again there already is a comic making crew, and I have been ignored there aslwell. I strive (right word used in right place?) for attention.
goodbye I must go and work on STUPID homework.

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 22:04:12

Thats was really really good, though some of the information was wrong, i spose u hadnt read the first part though, im on my bad computer which i dont hae the story so ill igve it to u l8er, ill im some time, my aim is tubuska92, the first 3 pages is on my info page

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 22:20:00

At 12/2/04 10:01 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: WOW we just got like 2 or 3 new members, I feel like my character in WOR is being ignored I was standing in the arena and posted a couple of times and then I had to go to sleep, I get home from school and walking dogs and now it sounds like so much has gone on, Iam thinking of quiting WOR or creating a new character cuz so much happens while Iam gone and my character isnt really doing anything now, he just keeps waking up out of trances and doing random shit, I dunno...what should I do?
To Myst: I only have up to episode seven right now (ep.5 has two parts so 8 comics al together) and I cant make any new ones cuz my comp is screwed up right now, I have to reformat it, but after that C.C. (colorless comics) will be back in buisness, hey maybe I should create a club for my comic company, then again there already is a comic making crew, and I have been ignored there aslwell. I strive (right word used in right place?) for attention.
goodbye I must go and work on STUPID homework.

Yea, alot has happened, but u can try reading the few pages of stuff u miht have missed if u got time, and try to come up with an interesting way of puttin your character back in the game, a twist, or a conflict usualy works well.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-02 22:27:59

So, what does everyone think of my mediocre skills?