00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Downtime

7,682 Views | 99 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 13:22:02

THANK GOD!! I thought I was losing loads of experience points.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 14:39:52

ARE YOU KIDDING!!?! I CAME ON AND TRYED TO LOG ON TO NEWGROUDS LIKE 20 TIMES EVERYDAY CROSSING MY FINGERS WAITING FOR IT TO COME BACK ON!!
NEWGROUNDS KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 14:43:07

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEW GROUNDS IS BACK YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was really scearing after the first day you were down i thought you had been shut douwn for good well, anyway i was freaking otu and its good that you're back and in philly

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 15:20:10

At 12/4/01 09:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: The big question this week has been "What happened to Newgrounds?" We are finally back online after 4 complete days of downtime, due to all sorts of crazy hosting hijinx, mix-ups, and general mayhem. The hosting is back in NYC now, having returned from its temporary Philly hosting.

I got lots of distressed emails, as did a bunch of other sites! I'm glad that people care. :)

Be sure to tell all your friends that NG is back up! You can always use the "Tell a Friend" feature underneath your favorite movies. Maybe the traffic-loss will make the site run better!

Anyway... I'm glad the site is back up. What was it like for four days without NG? Some of the emails I got sounded like they couldn't live without it!!!

HOORAAAAAY, NG IS BACK!its was four days?it seemed longer than that.more like over a whole friggin week.i was so depressed,bored, pissed all that shit.i would try to get on every 2 hours and then when the server couldn't be found i'd scream at the top of my lungs and bang the desk like a raving lunatic.well, anyways i'm happy that NG is back.now i actually have something to do in the afternoon.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 15:32:17

At 12/4/01 09:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: The big question this week has been "What happened to Newgrounds?" We are finally back online after 4 complete days of downtime, due to all sorts of crazy hosting hijinx, mix-ups, and general mayhem. The hosting is back in NYC now, having returned from its temporary Philly hosting.

I got lots of distressed emails, as did a bunch of other sites! I'm glad that people care. :)

Be sure to tell all your friends that NG is back up! You can always use the "Tell a Friend" feature underneath your favorite movies. Maybe the traffic-loss will make the site run better!

Anyway... I'm glad the site is back up. What was it like for four days without NG? Some of the emails I got sounded like they couldn't live without it!!!

Man I was going mad without NG!

I'm in the middle of making a movie about it.

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 15:52:07

At 12/4/01 11:45 PM, Wild_Karde wrote:
At 12/4/01 10:16 PM, OutcastedMisfit wrote: Psh, NG? That's old news. Severed Heads is where all the cool kids go now. Get over yourself Tom Fulp, your last week's garbage. Your site is overrun with savages and you're not a 1337 hacker.
U know for someone who just slammed Newgrounds, u sure seem to spend a lot of time on it. It does, after all take time to get to the level u r at.

Tom great to see the site back up i missed it alot

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 15:52:51

Sweet! Site Back Up! Now I Can Play Skateboarding Games Again And Kill Bin Laden!

(Did Everyone Get The Error: No Route To Host?

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 17:07:54

Thank God NG is back!

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 17:18:11

dude i love this site! its got the best stuff ever. i love the nude webcams and the dress up games and everything that has to do with nude girls. keep em coming. i love this site!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 17:19:59

hey i love your pic. i think your cute. will you email me at explode_skater@hotmail.com

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 17:57:22

Dude, I thought that Stile had found your server and beat it into little bits with a rusty pipe or something. Or maybe someone spilt some bong water in the keyboard, accidents do happen. I am glad that it is back up.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 18:08:05

Praise the Lord and pass the ammo, i thought u were dead! Or my PC was phukt. Love the site, keep it running at all costs...

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 19:44:34

<EMBED height=300 pluginspage=http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_ Version=ShockwaveFlash src=/portal/portal_delete.swf type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=600 QUALITY="high" LOOP="true" PLAY="true"></EMBED>

Will this work?

Response to Downtime 2001-12-06 11:23:27

At 12/5/01 07:44 PM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote: Will this work?

HTML you may use:

- link
- bold
- italics
- underline

Response to Downtime 2001-12-06 11:34:27

> I survived four days without NG... And that wasn't easy... :)

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-06 12:10:24

what the hell am i supposed to do in school without newgrounds?!?! learn? fuck no!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-06 13:00:18

At 12/4/01 09:39 PM, TomFulp wrote:

When I figured out how to raise my level and went to NG it was down.....T^T
I was so bored I tried to kill myself

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-06 14:27:59

What the hell? why when i try to enter the dress up dolls i got the download of a dialer? 4 days without NG and now..

Response to Downtime 2001-12-06 16:22:51

Every time I tried to log on to Newgrounds,I kept getting the SAME FUCKING MESSAGE!:

"This page cannot be displayed"(said that 8X)
I couldn't think of anything else to do!Nothing else was fun on the web.All I could do was go on Newgrounds.That's the only thing on the web that keeps me well entertained!I'm glad Newgrounds is back.Even though I'm banned and I can't go on,I still try to sneak back on.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-06 19:13:06

That's because I can't live without! Fucker. Jesus christ man I spend so much time on here it's not funny. If you got a better host or whatever it is to make the site go fast 24 hours a day you would make a hell of alot more money. Because I don't go on during the day after work like I want to because it's just plain ridiclous. I gone on before I have to be at work at 4 am for about 2 hours or if i'm off for 3 to 4 hours at night but I would be on twice that during the day :). I''m so broke from saving to go see my mom in England and my gf only living down the street has opened up my time immensely so you want more money :) get a better speed ;) it's for you and for me. heh Shit i'll pay 10 bucks a month with ads as long as I can access it all day with a constant rapist fast speed. Don't do that for everyone just make it an option :) ok bye

Response to Downtime 2001-12-06 20:14:13

I missed NG so much but I guess in a way it was good becuase now the site comes up all the way.

-Curtis

Response to Downtime 2001-12-06 22:46:06

whoopee... and i think i need some mental help.

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-07 11:24:21

lol no trouble newgrounds wining those about awards

Response to Downtime 2001-12-07 13:21:35

Response to Downtime 2001-12-07 13:28:27

crrraapp i aint believing that!!! i cleared the box! I am not...nevermind. Chalk a mistake up for me.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-07 22:09:20

Oh thank goodness ur back up!!!! I nearly went out of my mind without all the NG games, gore, fun, guts, gore, blood, profanity, oh and did i mention gore?? :)

Response to Downtime 2001-12-08 05:35:08

Response to Downtime 2001-12-08 06:30:20

yes i noticed the problems good to have NG back!!!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-08 21:59:48

It is hard to get along in life without NG. I tried going without it for 1 day, and at night I snuck out to my computer and did the stuff I need to do.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-08 22:43:23

I was scared that NG was gone or something. I also got a few emails about this. In the meanwhile, I have done some stuff on my site like recording a bit of EntropicOrder`s webcam. You can view it here. It wasn`t all that easy though.

-BrandonDutton-