00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Downtime

7,681 Views | 99 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Downtime 2001-12-04 21:39:23

The big question this week has been "What happened to Newgrounds?" We are finally back online after 4 complete days of downtime, due to all sorts of crazy hosting hijinx, mix-ups, and general mayhem. The hosting is back in NYC now, having returned from its temporary Philly hosting.

I got lots of distressed emails, as did a bunch of other sites! I'm glad that people care. :)

Be sure to tell all your friends that NG is back up! You can always use the "Tell a Friend" feature underneath your favorite movies. Maybe the traffic-loss will make the site run better!

Anyway... I'm glad the site is back up. What was it like for four days without NG? Some of the emails I got sounded like they couldn't live without it!!!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 21:41:59

Not having Newgrounds around to entertain me, I resorted to eating my cat.

He was yummy.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 21:46:36

Dammit, here I was banging my head against the keyboard because I thought it was another problem with my mac.

Yeah, it does that a lot.

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 21:48:02

At 12/4/01 09:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: The big question this week has been "What happened to Newgrounds?" We are finally back online after 4 complete days of downtime, due to all sorts of crazy hosting hijinx, mix-ups, and general mayhem. The hosting is back in NYC now, having returned from its temporary Philly hosting.

I got lots of distressed emails, as did a bunch of other sites! I'm glad that people care. :)

Be sure to tell all your friends that NG is back up! You can always use the "Tell a Friend" feature underneath your favorite movies. Maybe the traffic-loss will make the site run better!

Anyway... I'm glad the site is back up. What was it like for four days without NG? Some of the emails I got sounded like they couldn't live without it!!!

It sucked when there was no NG. But I am trying to make a really good movie!

The worst member.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 21:51:05

Phew, I was worried there. I thought something bad happened. Don't scare me like that! Eddie Murphey is happy NG is back too, watch as he does his happy dance!

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 21:51:28

I get all my traffic for my website from here. But im glad its back up. Check it out, www.freewebz.com/zvfilms

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 21:56:44

Finnally for crist sakes... Without newgrounds i went to Wierd Weird Wierd that sucked

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 21:58:02

Ohhh Joy Newgrounds has returned to us, God bless Britania! Ohh it would seem my popularity is ranked # 34,528 out of 53,415 users with profiles!, What have I done to achieve such a prestegious title? I thank all my loyal fans out there, I love you all.

Live For The Future Tommorow And The Present Today.

Emoticons

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:02:48

Four days with no NG... it was freakin' chaotic. I saw businessmen jumping from third floor office windows... and I heard Ozzy and the Backstreet Boys were doing a NG benefit record to raise money for new servers...

So glad you're back up Tommy Boy..

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:03:52

i managed to live without the site, but yes it is nice to have it back with a quick server so i can manage to post on the forums and stuff, good job.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:04:30

I'm not really obsessed like you people, I just worked on Heat Man 3 a little... I really wanted to show my freind Harry Potter VS DBZ last weekend though :(

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:08:18

I couldn't take NG being down. I couldn't take it MAN! I just snapped! I freaked out! I threw my feces at my friends!.... na, I just got really drunk and threw up over myself (which I would have done anyway)

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:16:19

Psh, NG? That's old news. Severed Heads is where all the cool kids go now. Get over yourself Tom Fulp, your last week's garbage. Your site is overrun with savages and you're not a 1337 hacker.

BBS Signature

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:20:02

Thank god it's back up. I usually have to try once or twice to get the site up, but when I was trying five times in a row with no results, I almost assumed that I somehow got banned from Newgrounds (you know all this hacking crap people do nowadays).

Signed,
Kev_dawg

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:23:12

At 12/4/01 09:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: The big question this week has been "What happened to Newgrounds?" We are finally back online after 4 complete days of downtime, due to all sorts of crazy hosting hijinx, mix-ups, and general mayhem. The hosting is back in NYC now, having returned from its temporary Philly hosting.

I never would have thought 4 days without ng would suck so badly. :^(

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:23:44

I was really suffering from withdrawal. This is the best flash site EVER! And even though I'm not getting your beer, Tom, I still love Newgrounds!!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:31:01

Damn, am i glad to have NG back. I believe it was about 3 days ago when i said to myself "You know what, You've been spending too much time downloading games off of kaaza (my new favorite program besides flash). You should go watch some of the crap thats clogging the drainpipe we call the portal." I, of course, am fully aware that there are a lot of quaility work here on NG,(Im talking about your College Universities, and Kong) but there are also your fruitclocks and your sideshow mels. Anyway, I came here, only to be told that my comp couldnt find this page, and i was upset. SO I sulkingly went to Animutations.com, and tried to watch Rubber Duckie, but to no avail. So i have been weeping for you, NG, but now i may stop, for the NG Tank surges forth, proudly displaying Eskimo Bob, Tako the Octopus, Commisioner Kong, Pico, and a freshly killed seal, with the broken club still on his head. I SALUTE YOU!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:33:10

4 days?!? Its been a hell lot longer than that! Ive lost interest...

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:43:36

At 12/4/01 10:16 PM, OutcastedMisfit wrote: Psh, NG? That's old news. Severed Heads is where all the cool kids go now. Get over yourself Tom Fulp, your last week's garbage. Your site is overrun with savages and you're not a 1337 hacker.

Screw you, man. You are teh ghey!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:51:27

At 12/4/01 10:43 PM, TannerCenterwall wrote:
At 12/4/01 10:16 PM, OutcastedMisfit wrote: Psh, NG? That's old news. Severed Heads is where all the cool kids go now. Get over yourself Tom Fulp, your last week's garbage. Your site is overrun with savages and you're not a 1337 hacker.

Im glad Newgrounds is back up. And severedheads.net sucks, its a cheap NG rip off, and it only gets hits because of NG.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 22:52:11

it was hell i could get on the site for so long Tom i missed ya though:)

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 23:05:31

At 12/4/01 09:39 PM, TomFulp wrote:

It was Hell, that's what it was! NG is where I spend my afternoons and evenings! Without it, I was reduced to socializing with the other "dorm guys"! It was awful!!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 23:10:56

TOM! When my NG wouldn't load, I was CONVINCED that it was a problem on my PC... I started adjusting modem settings, dialing out to different dial-up #'s, even checking, for firewalls. I did a complete system scan for viruses, and even did 2 to 3 restarts!

I am releived to find out my NG is alive... The question for you is, how was NG doing during 4 days of down time? hmmm??? :)

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 23:20:47

I wondered why it was down.

i was bummed.

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 23:25:42

I am so glad NG's back up. I couldn't take other sites. All that one sided talent...(shivers) Well, it's not all bad but I missed you NG. (kisses screen) Never go away again!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 23:32:18

At 12/4/01 11:10 PM, MikeReid wrote: TOM! When my NG wouldn't load, I was CONVINCED that it was a problem on my PC... I started adjusting modem settings, dialing out to different dial-up #'s, even checking, for firewalls. I did a complete system scan for viruses, and even did 2 to 3 restarts!

I am releived to find out my NG is alive... The question for you is, how was NG doing during 4 days of down time? hmmm??? :)

I was actually really depressed and spent the whole time playing Dynasty Warriors 3 in some zombie-like state. :)

Today is like a double-dose of happiness because we presented our final project in database class and the site came back up. All this and Tegan is coming back in just over 2 weeks! Things are looking up!

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 23:33:23

Newgrounds is full of good stuff!

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 23:40:41

Newgrounds is back!!!!!!!! My life is once again complete.:)

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 23:45:41

U know for someone who just slammed Newgrounds, u sure seem to spend a lot of time on it. It does, after all take time to get to the level u r at.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-04 23:49:37

I was pretty scared not having any Newgrounds for four days! I was worried that maybe something catastrophic had happened at your end - like Wade dying of anthrax inhalation or something. Or maybe that you ran off and eloped with Tegan... but then I realized you probably just had problems from the insane amount of traffic.

Let's hope NG works better now with the reset!

Downtime