00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DashXero just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Downtime

7,680 Views | 99 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 01:09:55

Awesome, NG is finally back online. I was wondering what happend. Anywho, good to have it back online. Peace.

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 01:14:31

Newgrounds is my bread and butter. Of course I cant live without it! :-p

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 01:24:59

and Beans on toast....

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 01:50:20

yo yo yo whats crackin fooooo...alright all kidding aside..i think all you guys and girls..or whatever..are doin a great job here...im all down for takin pop culture down one sniveling lil pop poon at a time..congrats on all the sucess..keep it up..im out..late

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 02:42:33

I was lying in a near catatonic state in the fetal position on the floor in a pool of my own sic from massive NewGrounds withdrawal. It's worse than detoxing from Heroin I hear.

-Septy.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 03:06:16

At 12/5/01 12:49 AM, Pico wrote:
U know for someone who just slammed Newgrounds, u sure seem to spend a lot of time on it. It does, after all take time to get to the level u r at.
Pardon if this offends you, but ARE YOU A FUCKING MORON? HE WAS JOKING YOU DIPSHIT.

Yo jackass, this is a forum where people say what they want, so pardon me if i took it the wrong way, however i was able to make my point with resorting to to gradeschool name calling. SO FUCK OFF

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 03:09:32

well at first i thought man this sucks. but since it was down i actually went outside. then the most amazing thing happened. i got a really good job with a tech company, moved out of my parents house, got myself a new car, got married to the girl of my dreams, and won a trip around the world. but then the minuite newgrounds came back all the sudden i lost my job, got evicted, my car got reposed, my wife divorced me, and the trip around the world was just a hoax. ever since newgrounds came back ive been depressed, sad, and lonley. i also decided to spacle my ass hole shut. life is good *sobs*.

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 03:26:21

At 12/4/01 09:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: The big question this week has been "What happened to Newgrounds?" We are finally back online after 4 complete days of downtime, due to all sorts of crazy hosting hijinx, mix-ups, and general mayhem. The hosting is back in NYC now, having returned from its temporary Philly hosting.
Yep, my theory is true, It wasn`t my connection. Not that I didn`t ever know that
I got lots of distressed emails, as did a bunch of other sites! I'm glad that people care. :)
I sent you one!! You didn`t reply. I never send back to people who don`t reply.
Be sure to tell all your friends that NG is back up! You can always use the "Tell a Friend" feature underneath your favorite movies. Maybe the traffic-loss will make the site run better!
I did even better!!! There is a banner on my site!!
Anyway... I'm glad the site is back up. What was it like for four days without NG? Some of the emails I got sounded like they couldn't live without it!!!

:It was hard, but in the time I changed my site totally, made a flash movie and signed up at EntropicOrder.com!!!

P.S Troma is lazy and stupid!!!

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 04:01:35

So glad that NG is back up. I've been bored shitless at work without NG to keep me entertained, Oh well gave me a chance to practise my Flash skills :)

At 12/4/01 09:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: The big question this week has been "What happened to Newgrounds?" We are finally back online after 4 complete days of downtime, due to all sorts of crazy hosting hijinx, mix-ups, and general mayhem. The hosting is back in NYC now, having returned from its temporary Philly hosting.

I got lots of distressed emails, as did a bunch of other sites! I'm glad that people care. :)

Be sure to tell all your friends that NG is back up! You can always use the "Tell a Friend" feature underneath your favorite movies. Maybe the traffic-loss will make the site run better!

Anyway... I'm glad the site is back up. What was it like for four days without NG? Some of the emails I got sounded like they couldn't live without it!!!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 04:57:29

i had a hard time sleeping while NG was down. :-D

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 05:27:48

well i was working from 3 till 11 anyway so i didnt have much time to go on newgrounds but i have to say i was starting to have panic attacks. another day without newgrounds and i might have done something extremely mental. such as listening to nstink and actually liking it.

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 05:32:12

During those 4 days... i was playing COMBAT INSTINCT 3!!!! that's right... it's on flashstyle bitch!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 06:04:09

No, I'm not joking, this site fucking sucks. I don't spend a lot of time here, I stole this account from soe faggot who likes making flash movies about penises and sucking his dad's cock. Now swallow my cock you wiggers.

Downtime

BBS Signature

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 06:38:31

the internet was boooooorrrrringggg

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 06:45:24

I missed you guys!!! U know,this is the most cool site ever,even here in Belgium (u know,Belgian chocolates) it's famous. Keep this shit up and stay of those servers!!!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 06:55:46

It was pretty bad. I didn't realize how often I went to Newgrounds. What about all the chances at lost experience points? Can't we get a chance to redeem those lost opportunities? 4 days of downtime is 40 experience points. I could've used those.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 06:59:06

Well, with NG down, I started surfing other sites again. Found some good stuff like http://www.ultrashock.com that I'll be going back to, but I'm still glad NG's back!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 07:27:19

Tom, i was able to access the site the whole time. Are you sure that Ross didnt ban you?

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 07:43:27

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 07:45:55

Looks like I have pressed "enter" to quick again.......a day without NG is hell.....REALLY!!!

On the picture you can see the prince and princess from Belgium :p Pretty kewl couple, isn't it?

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 07:47:41

I'm just happy that NG is back up. NG rules!!!!!!!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 08:11:35

At 12/4/01 10:23 PM, Tequila wrote:

I was really suffering from withdrawal. This is the best flash site EVER! And even though I'm not getting your beer, Tom, I still love Newgrounds!!

Certainly! Tom's post on the 29th had me worried as heck!! Konspirousy theory???
I heard it said once "they'd have to steal back every 2400-baud modems from granpa's attic to stop the interNET from transmitting...

Seriously, I felt a NG[klone]CD in the pipe-line ~ but it ain't legal teknikal diffikulties after all (...least yet ;O) so We'z just gonna settle back down fer a bit o' web-(viewing)-parlor-style instead.

Eitherway Money makes these new industries legit on dis thing kalled [ ] earth.
Phew!! WE Gotta earn an IT (individual transporter) ..segway thingy somehowz..zz.zzz...

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 08:27:33

Having NG back is great. I feel this site is a public service to us geeks everywhere. :) Totally bored without it guys! Good job on bringing it back!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 09:24:14

I liked this site when my movie was the only thing on the front page. That rocked untill Tom went and fixed it. Now my front page exposure is ruined...RUINED!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 10:55:30

Newgrounds! Newgrounds, your so fine,
your so fine you blow my mind, newgrounds!

4 days of horrible agonising tedium, I looked away from my monitor looked at what my life had become and cried, cried like a baby, a bit fat 700lb baby. No sorry ladies, I'm spoken for.

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 11:10:27

Thank God Newgrounds is back up! I was going insane without it! Keep up the good work Tom!

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 11:26:26

Tom! You had me worried I thought that I would never see Newgrounds again... I had to watch Mr T comics over the net to keep me suspended, I need my Assasin! Where would I be without killing Puff Daddy about 4 times??

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 12:35:27

Finally, I can get back to reviewing flash work. Thanks for sucking away my time, Newgrounds!

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 13:12:17

So.............Im finally able to get some decent interent amusement after I seem to have bled the rest of the web dry of any interest. Plus I can finally rectify myself after telling my firends about this good website that didn't fucking work and made me look like a right dickhead!! ( no smart comments to this statement plz) Thanks so much . Now me and my kitty cat can sit here and have some fun anf frolics with out having to resort to torturing xians on msn!!
ThéArchAngélFiénd

Downtime

Response to Downtime 2001-12-05 13:16:38

thank fuck!
My newgrounds withdrawl symptoms were really getting fucked up!
Welcome back!