00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

TBF is a mod?

4,750 Views | 69 Replies

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 08:02:22

At 10/7/04 07:40 AM, macdeth wrote: too many mods. ruined. bye.

Exactly what I said. Before long it'll be like its rare to see a user online.

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 08:33:51

too.... many......mods......ARGGGHH!!! *passes out on the floor*

ffs. that is all.

BBS Signature

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 09:40:25

why is he a mod? he only has 778 posts? he is only a police something, and hasnt got that much experience? why was he chosen as a mod?!?!

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 09:42:49

Am I the only person who has no idea who TBF is?

Anyway, congrats buddy.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 09:51:35

At 10/7/04 06:07 AM, cool_penguin_0 wrote: so If I send Tom, Wade, Liljim and Stamper T-Shirts, I COULD BE A MOD TOO?

perhaps, but u might have to do other favours as well :S, and also come up with something so orginal as WEARING A HAT in a photo

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 09:53:20

There are a lot of mods around though. They're cramping my style.

Be a good mod plz. It's just the internet and stupid posts are still fun posts.

MACDETH DON'T LEAVE/

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 09:54:15

Same amount as last time you posted.... Which was to say that there were too many mods. And judging by some of your last posts, many of which are just one liners or even one word-ers, I'd say we still have a way to go.

I speak with TBF every day over AIM and know that he's a decent person who has the best interests of the site in mind. Those of you who are complaining are either in a bad mood because you've not been put in his situation with regard to the BBS or because you feel you've in some way been mis-treated on the BBS in the past (most likely because you've broken the rules in one way or another).

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 09:55:19

At 10/7/04 12:22 AM, TBF wrote:
Just because I dont have a high post count doesnt mean that I'm not a regular BBS visitor, it just means that I dont post in every usless and or spam topic.

im just going to clear this up on my part. i didnt say you were a bad pick, but that you were an early pick. i think you'll do a good job.

I'm 28 years old and have been using the internet longer than most of the people on this BBS, so to say I need more experience is a little nieve. Nothing will change, apart from maybe my post count, from posting in usless threads that I will be locking. I can assure you I'm just here to make things better not worse.

and i do think you will make things better. and i forgot to say Congradulations.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:00:14

At 10/7/04 09:54 AM, liljim wrote:

......or because you feel you've in some way been mis-treated on the BBS in the past (most likely because you've broken the rules in one way or another).

Ive been banned once because i called to a mods attention of a spam thread, and because i told the bloke who posted the thread to stop doing so, i got banned in the process.....is this being mis-treated....u bet yr ass it is! Thats why am angry with some mods.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:05:37

At 10/7/04 10:00 AM, westtig wrote: Ive been banned once because i called to a mods attention of a spam thread, and because i told the bloke who posted the thread to stop doing so, i got banned in the process.....is this being mis-treated....u bet yr ass it is! Thats why am angry with some mods.

"dude this post was banned yesterday, so why are u trying again? MODERATOR!!!!"

I don't really see how posting in a spam thread is "Calling the attention of a moderator." They're going to read through the thread, regardless of whether or not you post in it. From the rules:

Posting anything within a spam topic is spam itself. You are as guilty as the topic starter. If you feel a thread is spam don't post in it!

Mis-treated? Or didn't understand the rules? You decide!

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:08:30

At 10/7/04 10:05 AM, liljim wrote: Mis-treated? Or didn't understand the rules? You decide!

I bet u he doesn't know how to speak engrish.... :)

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:13:05

At 10/7/04 10:08 AM, Ozcar wrote:
At 10/7/04 10:05 AM, liljim wrote: Mis-treated? Or didn't understand the rules? You decide!
I bet u he doesn't know how to speak engrish.... :)

maybe i never bothered to read the rules cause ppl seem to be getting banned for the stupidest reasons half the time....maybe the mods need to watched to make sure they are doing there job correctly

and ozcar, if i dont know how to speak english....then what language am i typing now??

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:13:15

At 10/7/04 12:24 AM, Mike_J wrote: What the fuck? I should've been a mod instead >:(

yeah right you have 54 posts and signed up like yesterday, TBF deserves it congrats man!

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:14:35

At 10/7/04 10:05 AM, liljim wrote:
Mis-treated? Or didn't understand the rules? You decide!

I think its the sad case of couldn't be bothered to read all the rules : (

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:17:02

At 10/7/04 10:14 AM, Etonboy wrote:

of course it is, maybe if u read my posts above u wouldve seen that

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:27:10

At 10/7/04 10:16 AM, Nephthys wrote:
At 10/7/04 10:13 AM, westtig wrote: if i dont know how to speak english....then what language am i typing now??
You're typing in an English sub-dialect known as "moron".

lol

Also, westting, I've found evidence that you are A LIAR >:)

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:43:36

At 10/7/04 10:13 AM, westtig wrote: maybe i never bothered to read the rules cause ppl seem to be getting banned for the stupidest reasons half the time.

Actually I haven't seen any unfair bannings. Of course there is that section in the rules that suggests you lurk before posting. If you did that you would find out what those "stupidest reasons" are and avoid making the same mistake.

maybe the mods need to watched to make sure they are doing there job correctly

They are. If you have a problem with the way they are handling things you can take it up with the administration. You, in fact, are watching the mods.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:44:03

At 10/7/04 10:27 AM, Ozcar wrote:
At 10/7/04 10:16 AM, Nephthys wrote:
At 10/7/04 10:13 AM, westtig wrote: if i dont know how to speak english....then what language am i typing now??
You're typing in an English sub-dialect known as "moron".
lol

Also, westting, I've found evidence that you are A LIAR >:)

well you see thats where your wrong, because i just read them then....better luck next time, oh and btw....there's no 'n' in my profile name, well done. looks like yr the one who needs english lessons.

As to Nephthys, i am positive that upon agreeing to being a mod, while we are on the topic, is that mods do not insult NG users.......you just proved me right that some mods are not doing their job....well done!

Ive also read that Stat topics ARENT allowed, so hop to mods, u better start doing your job, u got ALOT of threads to stop.....plus my first post to this topic did ADD to the topic, your follow-ups did not, and your mods?

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:46:26

At 10/7/04 10:43 AM, FatherVenom wrote:
At 10/7/04 10:13 AM, westtig wrote: maybe i never bothered to read the rules cause ppl seem to be getting banned for the stupidest reasons half the time.
Actually I haven't seen any unfair bannings. Of course there is that section in the rules that suggests you lurk before posting. If you did that you would find out what those "stupidest reasons" are and avoid making the same mistake.

maybe the mods need to watched to make sure they are doing there job correctly
They are. If you have a problem with the way they are handling things you can take it up with the administration. You, in fact, are watching the mods.

oh yes...im watching the mods, and when i dont agree to something they do, i get banned.....real fair isnt it? im talking about liljim or someone with real power doing a regular watch

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:47:31

At 10/7/04 10:17 AM, westtig wrote:
At 10/7/04 10:14 AM, Etonboy wrote:
of course it is, maybe if u read my posts above u wouldve seen that

Ah but that meassege came up whilst I was on the "Post a message!" screen so how could I read you message?

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:48:33

I thought I'd hop in on this 'argument'.

At 10/7/04 10:44 AM, westtig wrote: well you see thats where your wrong, because i just read them then....better luck next time, oh and btw....there's no 'n' in my profile name, well done. looks like yr the one who needs english lessons.

English lessons, to learn how to spell a name? Noooo, English lessons teach you how to spell WORDS. English has a capital E, btw. And, when he said that you hadn't read the rules, you hadn't. If I said, "you haven't eaten ice-cream," it wouldn't make sense for you to come back in two minutes and say, "WRONG! I JUST BOUGHT AND ATE SOME IN THE LAST TWO MINUTES!"

Nope.

As to Nephthys, i am positive that upon agreeing to being a mod, while we are on the topic, is that mods do not insult NG users.......you just proved me right that some mods are not doing their job....well done!

Mods aren't doing their job? Mods can't insult NG users?

Wrong on both counts, buddy. Mods seem to do their job with a worrying vigour.

Ive also read that Stat topics ARENT allowed, so hop to mods, u better start doing your job, u got ALOT of threads to stop.....plus my first post to this topic did ADD to the topic, your follow-ups did not, and your mods?

What stat threads are there that need locking? And anyway, mods can be lenient, ie they could ban your ass for insulting the moderation team, but they're not. And conversations can stray from the point anyway.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:53:28

At 10/7/04 10:48 AM, Earfetish wrote: I thought I'd hop in on this 'argument'.
At 10/7/04 10:44 AM, westtig wrote: well you see thats where your wrong, because i just read them then....better luck next time, oh and btw....there's no 'n' in my profile name, well done. looks like yr the one who needs english lessons.
English lessons, to learn how to spell a name? Noooo, English lessons teach you how to spell WORDS. English has a capital E, btw. And, when he said that you hadn't read the rules, you hadn't. If I said, "you haven't eaten ice-cream," it wouldn't make sense for you to come back in two minutes and say, "WRONG! I JUST BOUGHT AND ATE SOME IN THE LAST TWO MINUTES!"

using caps is against bbs rules, u might want to look into that.

Nope.

Mods aren't doing their job? Mods can't insult NG users?

Wrong on both counts, buddy. Mods seem to do their job with a worrying vigour.

thats why there are so many ppl complaining (and dont be a child and respond with "only u")

What stat threads are there that need locking? And anyway, mods can be lenient, ie they could ban your ass for insulting the moderation team, but they're not. And conversations can stray from the point anyway.

how bout u actually have a look for yrself, because there are close to 100 of them if not more that i can find, and if u want me to post the links of those threads i will. and since everyone was so intent on sticking to the rules, then straying from the conversation immensely (as in not adding to it productively) is against the rules

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 10:57:32

At 10/7/04 10:53 AM, westtig wrote: using caps is against bbs rules, u might want to look into that.

Lolol - don't fool yourself. I know the rules. And the rule says: CAPS: Most people are getting fed up with all-cap posts. It's not allowed in the chat and it's not allowed on the BBS.

My post was not ALL CAPS. It was about 5% caps.

thats why there are so many ppl complaining (and dont be a child and respond with "only u")

I don't think anyone who uses the BBS like a normal person is complaining.

how bout u actually have a look for yrself, because there are close to 100 of them if not more that i can find, and if u want me to post the links of those threads i will. and since everyone was so intent on sticking to the rules, then straying from the conversation immensely (as in not adding to it productively) is against the rules

No it's not. And post the links to stat threads. By the way, HOW TALL ARE YOU is not a stat thread. A atat thread is OH GEE I JUST LEVELLED UP.

kthx

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 11:02:00

i give up with this, yr obviously too stupid to realise when uve been beaten, TBF congrats, hope u do a better job the other mods, sleep time for me

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 11:04:12

At 10/7/04 11:02 AM, westtig wrote: i give up with this, yr obviously too stupid to realise when uve been beaten, TBF congrats, hope u do a better job the other mods, sleep time for me

Yeah. It's OBVIOUS that I don't know when I've been beaten.

<last word>

<win>

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 11:10:35

At 10/7/04 10:44 AM, westtig wrote: looks like yr the one who needs english lessons.

Rather ironic, I would say.

mods do not insult NG users.

Mods insult people all the time. They are still users and insulting people isn't against the rules.

your follow-ups did not, and your mods?

They were following the current line of discussion.

At 10/7/04 10:46 AM, westtig wrote: when i dont agree to something they do, i get banned.

Only if you post about it. Be smart and don't call them on it to their face. Go above them.

im talking about liljim or someone with real power doing a regular watch

They don't have time to do it and the current system works for the people who actually use it.

At 10/7/04 11:04 AM, Earfetish wrote: <win>

I would agree with your assessment. Your tactics however leave something to be desired. People are going to reject lessons that they feel are coming from someone they can't trust or is fighting them. Do what you like with my lesson.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 11:11:11

I believe Earfetish won this round. But then again, westtig was never really a challenge in the first place :o

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 11:14:53

At 10/7/04 10:46 AM, westtig wrote: oh yes...im watching the mods, and when i dont agree to something they do, i get banned.....real fair isnt it? im talking about liljim or someone with real power doing a regular watch

We do regularly monitor mods' activities. That's why we have access to all the ban reasons/messages and a separate forum to discuss trivial matters. Out of all the bans, I don't recall ever having a complaint from someone who wasn't in some way breaking the rules. And those complaints came from people who hadn't even read the rules. Like you.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 11:24:36

Ozcar didn't you have a profile? I'm sorry I just hate people without profiles. But, then again, you're a mod, and crap, I shouldn't have said that I hate people without profiles cause then I hate you. I could always backspace all this or not press the "Post it!" button but thats not possible. God dammit, now I'm screwed. Well, TBF is a mod, thats cool. My post was important! I can't be banned now! Oh crap, Ozcar bans unfairly. Oh crap, I said that now I'm banned. Well, make it short please. On the other hand, please don't ban me. OZCAR RULES! I recommended you to be a mod, I made a topic about it!

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 11:28:29

At 10/7/04 11:11 AM, Vinstigator wrote: I believe Earfetish won this round. But then again, westtig was never really a challenge in the first place :o

Where did you come from? You weren't even here at the beginning of the arguement and probably haven't even read half of it.

Oh and by the way, I haven't lost....

Im still here, im still standing, im still talking. I didn't get banned so obviously the mods new that i was right in at least some cases, and the only way im going to lose this arguement, is if i get banned, and since i havent and im the last one online, i dont care about earfetish because he isnt a mod, i guess i win dont i.....think about it using those small brains of yours