00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BigChikn just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stat topics. 2004-08-27 17:51:28

What's this? Stat topics. WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE BANNED THEREDFUCK?

Response to Stat topics. 2004-08-27 17:54:11

Because their not breaking the rules.

Response to Stat topics. 2004-08-27 19:00:00

At 8/27/04 06:10 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 8/27/04 05:51 PM, Awinnerisme87 wrote: What's this? Stat topics. WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE BANNED THEREDFUCK?
Just call it an allowed acception

I had a long conversation with NGling over that point in the BBS Rules before I made the first post in the EGRL thread. The BBS Rule is vague in its description, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking it by making the thread.

The intent of the rule is to keep people from cluttering up the forums with "I ranked up" threads. The LUL somehow managed to survive long enough to evolve into more than just that, and has subsequently been allowed to stay. Stat Lists, although seemingly in violation of that rule, are not. Stat Lists, until now, have been extremely difficult to generate and maintain. That has had the added benefit of keeping a lid on the number and types of Lists that are made, as only certain mentalities are structured to undertake that kind of effort.

With ShittyKitty's new data miner now making it a cakewalk for other people to generate lists, some adjustments may need to be made to that rule to keep frivolous "Hey look I made a list too" threads from proliferating. RC's Versus is an amusing diversion ... mostly while he figures out what to include and exclude from the comparatives ... but has extremely limited need. j00bie's Quad 2k is pointless and just plain silly, particularly when he went into it knowing he didn't need to even check more than a dozen profiles.

God help us if SK makes an input file, with all working profiles, publicly available. Can you imagine the lag even just 100 people running the data miner on 500k profiles would cause? Can you imagine the sheer volume of bullshit lists that would get posted? The only drawback to the Data Miner is that in the process of making it easy for myself and the other list makers, it's made it easy for everyone.

Response to Stat topics. 2004-08-27 19:07:55

At 8/27/04 07:00 PM, D0GMA wrote: With ShittyKitty's new data miner now making it a cakewalk for other people to generate lists, some adjustments may need to be made to that rule to keep frivolous "Hey look I made a list too" threads from proliferating.

Uh-oh. What have I done? :-O

God help us if SK makes an input file, with all working profiles, publicly available. Can you imagine the lag even just 100 people running the data miner on 500k profiles would cause? Can you imagine the sheer volume of bullshit lists that would get posted?

>:-D That would be purely evil...don't worry, though: I plan on keeping my specialized programs and input lists a secret ;-)

The only drawback to the Data Miner is that in the process of making it easy for myself and the other list makers, it's made it easy for everyone.

Hrm...would you guys like a Portal entry lister, or would that be overkill?