00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GreenNakamuraGPC just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Portal Lister? 2004-08-27 19:05:53

What do you guys think of a portal entry lister? It could grab movie titles, authors, origin dates, sizes, ratings, views, votes, rankings, number reviews, etc. Plus, with only ~190K portal entries, it shouldn't take 27 hours to make a complete listing ;-)

Response to NG Portal Lister? 2004-08-27 19:20:50

At 8/27/04 07:16 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 8/27/04 07:05 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: What do you guys think of a portal entry lister? It could grab movie titles, authors, origin dates, sizes, ratings, views, votes, rankings, number reviews, etc. Plus, with only ~190K portal entries, it shouldn't take 27 hours to make a complete listing ;-)
and where shall this all be located, because indeed it would be a very nice thing to see

Haven't made it yet, I was just tossing the idea around.

How about a program that checks the Portal every half-minute or so for new movies to blam/save? This wouldn't be too much of a lag on NG; I refresh the Portal about that often when I'm looking for new movies. Plus, this program wouldn't download the images, so it might be a good thing.

Response to NG Portal Lister? 2004-08-27 19:21:46

At 8/27/04 07:05 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: What do you guys think of a portal entry lister? It could grab movie titles, authors, origin dates, sizes, ratings, views, votes, rankings, number reviews, etc. Plus, with only ~190K portal entries, it shouldn't take 27 hours to make a complete listing ;-)

The list already exists with sorting features based on score, alphabetically by Title, and by Date and Time uploaded. Is there a need for the additional sort options your list provides?

Response to NG Portal Lister? 2004-08-27 19:27:29

At 8/27/04 07:21 PM, D0GMA wrote: The list already exists with sorting features based on score, alphabetically by Title, and by Date and Time uploaded. Is there a need for the additional sort options your list provides?

Oh nice. Hadn't seen that before. Shame on me...

At 8/27/04 07:22 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 8/27/04 07:20 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Haven't made it yet, I was just tossing the idea around.
Just saying that i'd like it ;P

Hrm...looks like D0gma's link covers it.

How about a program that checks the Portal every half-minute or so for new movies to blam/save?
But then what does it do, give you stereotypical <,< >.> "help" on how to vote on it heh

You wouldn't use it to vote. It would just be a little icon that would notify you when a new entry has been posted, and might have a link to the new entry/entries.

This wouldn't be too much of a lag on NG; I refresh the Portal about that often when I'm looking for new movies. Plus, this program wouldn't download the images, so it might be a good thing.
images of what now?

All of the images on the Portal page, like the NG logo, the portal flash animation, the ad's, and other pictures.

Response to NG Portal Lister? 2004-08-27 19:34:37

At 8/27/04 07:32 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 8/27/04 07:27 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: You wouldn't use it to vote. It would just be a little icon that would notify you when a new entry has been posted, and might have a link to the new entry/entries.
Heh now where would this one be placed then (sorry for all the questions :)

Hrm...since I've got at least some interest in a program like this, I'll start working on it as soon as I "fix" NGLister.