00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chineeztac0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Blam/Protect Miss-votes

985 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-22 23:35:18

How many miss-votes do you have about? shit i probably voted up a lot of flash that i thought was good but they end up getting blammed. I'd say i had about 3,000 miss-votes.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-22 23:37:44

i dont know, i havent been around here that long, but id probly say around 200.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-22 23:44:11

Hmmm... I guess I've mis-voted around anywhere from 250 to 500. Maybe more but I guess we will never know.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 01:15:47

At 8/22/04 11:35 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote: How many miss-votes do you have about? shit i probably voted up a lot of flash that i thought was good but they end up getting blammed. I'd say i had about 3,000 miss-votes.

Wow, that question never even crossed my mind after all this time on Newgrounds. I'm not sure of the exact number (it would be cool to find out) but I'd guess I've missed around 3,000 points as well, with the majority being protection points.

That's an ugly level icon YoinK. How long are you stuck with it?

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 01:20:15

Hehe i think i lost 1000 +
But now im getting ALOT correctly, for example - yestreday i checked how many movies i voted on (50) and i saw that i got 49 points lol

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 02:16:55

At 8/23/04 01:15 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote: That's an ugly level icon YoinK. How long are you stuck with it?

For quite a long time i'm going to have this level icon because i just leveled up a few days ago to level 23. I know it's potentially the ugliest level icon there is out there. But the levels after this one are badass yo.

At 8/23/04 01:20 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Hehe i think i lost 1000 +
But now im getting ALOT correctly, for example - yestreday i checked how many movies i voted on (50) and i saw that i got 49 points lol

Accuracy is good. I think those miss-votes really add up over time. Some person could have potentially been a rank higher if they were careful enough when voting or voted the way in which they feel everyone else would voted. There's a few things that should be kept in mind when voting.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 02:31:37

I'd like some of those miss-votes right about now...

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 09:12:16

At 8/22/04 11:35 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote: How many miss-votes do you have about? shit i probably voted up a lot of flash that i thought was good but they end up getting blammed. I'd say i had about 3,000 miss-votes.

3000 overall, or 3000 where you tried to save and it was blammed?

Don't forget "tried to blam and it was saved." People might not want to admit to those, but it happens as well.

Anyway... I would estimate that I (and toocool, I might add), have more than 3000 attempted-but-failed save votes. Maybe 4000 or so for me. Maybe that's a bit high, but not by much.

As for the other direction (stuff I gave a 1 or 0 to but got saved for whatever reason)... maybe about 200-400 or so. One thing I know for sure is that I've never gotten the saviour message/movie while trying to blam a movie, but I've gotten at least 50-100 blam movies while trying to save a movie, so that should tell you something about the ratio of my missed saves versus missed blams.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 09:24:05

Way too many mis-votes for me. I'll tell you this though, if I hate a movie, but know it's going to get saved, I vote high everytime. I have no principles where b/p points are concerned. Also, if I love a movie but know it'll get blammed, I blam it without mercy. Muhahahaha. ha.... ha ........ eh.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 09:26:33

Missed 3 just five minutes ago, damn people dont know talent if it crawled up their arse and built a factory.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 09:45:19

At 8/23/04 09:24 AM, Eldarion wrote: Way too many mis-votes for me. I'll tell you this though, if I hate a movie, but know it's going to get saved, I vote high everytime.

That's okay by my set of b/p ethical standards.

I have no principles where b/p points are concerned. Also, if I love a movie but know it'll get blammed, I blam it without mercy. Muhahahaha. ha.... ha ........ eh.

However, that is now. How can you live with yourself, man? Maybe there were 10 or 20 other people who felt the same way, and liked it, but all blammed for the point... if most of you had just voted what you felt it deserved, it might have been saved, or at least been closer to 1.60 so the author would feel they should improve it and resubmit in the future. ;_;

Saves > blams, so always err on the side of saviourdom, damnit!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 10:06:50

At 8/23/04 09:45 AM, gfoxcook wrote: However, that is now. How can you live with yourself, man? Maybe there were 10 or 20 other people who felt the same way, and liked it, but all blammed for the point... if most of you had just voted what you felt it deserved, it might have been saved, or at least been closer to 1.60 so the author would feel they should improve it and resubmit in the future. ;_;

Hmm, I thought that last part would be controversial. But come on, 1.60? If I submitted a movie, I'd want a score of at least 2.5/5. At the very least. No author should be satisfied with just passing judgement.

If a movie was well drawn, good sound etc, I vote high. But by 'blamming a movie I love' I mean some shitty stick movie that makes me laugh because it's so bad, except it's meant to be serious. In other words, it's unwittingly a parody of itself. Those movies are always going to get blammed because they've been done a million times before, and a million times better. Therefore, even though it made me laugh, I blam it.

Only if the movie is good. Funny doesn't always mean good.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 12:06:56

At 8/23/04 09:12 AM, gfoxcook wrote: 3000 overall, or 3000 where you tried to save and it was blammed?

I meant overall 3,000.. but i probably have more than that. I miss-vote everyday. Some movies are just too difficult to judge.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-23 21:12:10

I'd post my 'hit:miss' ratio... but it's pretty embarassing.

Let me just put it this way... I've missed a LOT of points due to incorrect/supporting buddies voting. (ie: OGM VOTE 5 ON MY MOVIE, when it is clearly shit... sound familiar to anyone?)

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-24 13:14:24

At 8/23/04 09:12 PM, j00bie wrote: I'd post my 'hit:miss' ratio... but it's pretty embarassing.

Let me just put it this way... I've missed a LOT of points due to incorrect/supporting buddies voting. (ie: OGM VOTE 5 ON MY MOVIE, when it is clearly shit... sound familiar to anyone?)

Not really, normally when it says OGM VOET 5 i only need to watch the first 10 seconds to verify my preconceptions that its gonna be pants. I just had the ethical dilemma though of hating a movie I was sure was going to be saved (due to people doing "batting average voting"), and thus voting 2 >:(

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-24 17:00:22

ive been blammin protectin for about 6 weeks now n id have to say i have about...... i dunno 500 miss votes, maybe more or less, im not sure

Your reply to this isn't going to be clever or witty, so just put down the internet and go outside.

Seriously Serious

Listen to better music.

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-24 17:12:37

At 8/24/04 05:00 PM, ChaosFoot wrote: ive been blammin protectin for about 6 weeks now n id have to say i have about...... i dunno 500 miss votes, maybe more or less, im not sure

hey not bad
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
BLAMS: Involved in the termination of 1,732 crappy entries.
SAVES: Assisted in the protection of 652 quality entries.

good job and yes i know what you mean, i hate miss vote it piss me off.

NOTE: PSN Illegal-Product or ILLEGALPRODUCT

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-24 19:26:42

I'd say that I've had about 300 misvotes so far. I've had misvotes in both directions. I mainly vote low on stick movies, but some people like them.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-25 02:53:33

At 8/24/04 07:26 PM, rezgwu wrote: I'd say that I've had about 300 misvotes so far. I've had misvotes in both directions. I mainly vote low on stick movies, but some people like them.

For stick movies.. there's two things you need to check out. How well animated it is and who the author is. If it's someone that normally makes really good stick movies then you can expect the movie to be a really good one. But sometimes if the stick movie is animated at a level in which you can say "HOLY SHIT THAT WAS GOOD!" then you vote it up also.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-25 03:16:04

not mutch 10 or something

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-25 05:45:45

You know there used to be a trick which I found out about. You could see the scores of the under judgement submissions when using this trick. I wasn't hacking, it was just using a handy page with a handy sorting button on it. It doesn't work anymore though : (. To bad, I had no miss votes when usin that trick. (unless I saw a PM or something like that, I blam that even when I know they would be protected)

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-25 07:02:58

I got about 40 miss votes every day for the past week each day. For some reason, really crappy flashes were making a score of 3.

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-26 21:35:12

At 8/23/04 10:06 AM, Eldarion wrote: Hmm, I thought that last part would be controversial. But come on, 1.60? If I submitted a movie, I'd want a score of at least 2.5/5. At the very least. No author should be satisfied with just passing judgement.

Some probably are. It's what the 1.60 mark is there for, and why it's not 2.5 instead.

If a movie was well drawn, good sound etc, I vote high. But by 'blamming a movie I love' I mean some shitty stick movie that makes me laugh because it's so bad, except it's meant to be serious. In other words, it's unwittingly a parody of itself. Those movies are always going to get blammed because they've been done a million times before, and a million times better. Therefore, even though it made me laugh, I blam it.

Ooookay. That's fine. I blam plenty of things that make me laugh.

Only if the movie is good. Funny doesn't always mean good.

You didn't just say "funny" in your original post. The reason I was saying "shame on you" was that you said you'd blam something others were blamming even if you (and I quote) "LOVED" it.

If you LOVE a movie and blam it, that's different than thinking a movie is FUNNY and blamming it, isn't it? You changed what you were talking about midway through this topic or weren't very clear with your words in the original post or something. O_o

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-27 13:51:41

At 8/26/04 09:35 PM, gfoxcook wrote: If you LOVE a movie and blam it, that's different than thinking a movie is FUNNY and blamming it, isn't it? You changed what you were talking about midway through this topic or weren't very clear with your words in the original post or something. O_o

i can agree with you here. Sometimes some flash is so terribly made that it is funny and so it gets blammed. i must have had about 10 or 12 miss-votes yesterday... :(

Response to Blam/Protect Miss-votes 2004-08-27 14:54:02

Approx 110 or so per week:

100 protection miss votes
10 or less blam miss votes

Though right now I'm a bit slower at b/ping than I've been because I had to fuck my computer up a week ago and use someone elses. At least I haven't missed any deposits.