00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RandomGuyTV just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

421,351 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-25 18:49:01

At 9/25/04 04:52 PM, dsmking wrote: You look constapated. O and shinro is out for a couple of weeks so me and lethal is in charge. lets do another martial arts question

Question # 2
Why is it a teacher that knows he is good and thinks he is great not able to teach as well as someone who thinks nothing of himself.(this does pertain to martial arts)

That doesn't really sound like a question with a definite answer, so... can't give you any straight and narrow answer.

O and martial arts homework of the day. Practice all your forms today. do 100 push ups and 100 leg lifts 1 2 3 count.

You should divide those.
Like... 3x20 pushups and 3x25 leg lifts or so.
It'll be more efficent that way.
Just doing one set untill you drop will probably leave you without any results.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-25 22:03:59

man! eather people are getting really lazy and weaker or i'm a lot stronger than i thought, but truethfully i think its more of the first one. in the past week i've beat two black belts with out effort and i've out lifted all my friends.

man people need to quit slacking and start training plz tell me you guys havn't been slacking just because schools back in!

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-25 22:36:36

At 9/25/04 10:03 PM, samurai_320 wrote: man! eather people are getting really lazy and weaker or i'm a lot stronger than i thought, but truethfully i think its more of the first one. in the past week i've beat two black belts with out effort and i've out lifted all my friends.

not to sound like an asshole but so what. You shouldnt brag about anything cause that shows an ego and if you have one of those you will never get any good. And the question was really bad but the reason was the man who thought they are great could never be a good teacher because he thought he was better than everyone else. One thing i have learned from teaching is that over confidence messes you up, leaves you closed for ideas and limits your abilities.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-25 22:46:50

sry for double post but samarui where have you been. You left the club when we where dying and the only reason the club survived was cause lethal, shinro, piepie, and myself stayed with the club. Shinro has given me and lethal elder choosing rights and right now im not happy with you. SO until you can prove yourself you are just a normal member.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 10:00:29

At 9/25/04 10:46 PM, dsmking wrote: and right now im not happy with you. SO until you can prove yourself you are just a normal member.

Who are you to judge?
That arrogance you speak of... we all have it.
Wether we like it or not.
Becoming strong is a hard path, and it means you will become isolated and arrogant.
Isolated, because other people takes up too much time in your life. Arrogant, because you really are stronger then everyone else.
Then there's false arrogancy and true. But I don't need to get in detail.

I think you're being unfair against samurai.
He just handed two blackbelt's (blackbelters...?) their ass.
It's quite a rush to do something like that.
I know, because at times, i've done the same.
He's not bragging.
He's bringing up a fact.
He won against two blackbelts. FACT.
Bragging would have to be telling the entire story over and over again, adding details and what so ever.

I think I need to explain why, but I like to believe that you can understand what i'm trying to say.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 10:11:47

At 9/26/04 10:00 AM, Letahlity wrote: I think I need to explain why, but I like to believe that you can understand what i'm trying to say.

I talked this over with shinro as well. He agreed. He can regain eldership but until he proves himself hes not an elder. Just as if you disgrace a belt you take it away if you disgrace the club you lose eldership

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 10:33:18

Well I'm back from camp, and I'm a bit ill so I'll have to miss training today. Which sucks, because one of our coaches who is back for a while is supposed to teach us wrestling. I also found out that our other coach is an Israeli Kickboxing champion. Lucky me... I'll be checking in from time to time.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 11:25:48

At 9/26/04 10:33 AM, -Akula- wrote: Well I'm back from camp

welcome back but could you please put the club in your sig. It helps us to know who is in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 11:40:14

At 9/26/04 11:25 AM, dsmking wrote:
At 9/26/04 10:33 AM, -Akula- wrote: Well I'm back from camp
welcome back but could you please put the club in your sig. It helps us to know who is in it.

ooh, that is going to be hard since my sig is full, but maybe I can get rid of the translation association since it's dead, let me see if it fits...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 12:09:34

At 9/26/04 10:11 AM, dsmking wrote: I talked this over with shinro as well. He agreed. He can regain eldership but until he proves himself hes not an elder. Just as if you disgrace a belt you take it away if you disgrace the club you lose eldership

Samurai did nothing wrong.
He wasn't around for some time... so what?
Is he going to excuse himself for having other things to do?
This is a club.
It's for fun, interest and learning.
It's not some damn cult.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 12:14:22

At 9/26/04 10:11 AM, dsmking wrote: Just as if you disgrace a belt you take it away

I'm sorry for doublepostnig, but that's bs.
Samurai defeated two blackbelts and if i'm right, he's no blackbelt himself.
It could be argued that those blackbelts aren't worthy of their rank if they can't defeat someone lower ranked.
In a very strict traditional school, maybe.

But this is a diffrent era, dsm.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 12:51:10

At 9/26/04 12:14 PM, Letahlity wrote:
At 9/26/04 10:11 AM, dsmking wrote: Just as if you disgrace a belt you take it away
I'm sorry for doublepostnig, but that's bs.
Samurai defeated two blackbelts and if i'm right, he's no blackbelt himself.
It could be argued that those blackbelts aren't worthy of their rank if they can't defeat someone lower ranked.
In a very strict traditional school, maybe.

My master has taken my belt away before so people still hold traditional values. I gotten taken away from fighting and i deserved it taken away. Lethal how hard was it to keep the club alive a while back. We could have used the members we where missing. Now depending on his reasons for not posting we will give him his eldership back. If its for school or something sure if its because he thought the club was dying he doesnt deserve it. I have beat people in sparring in shit that are twice the rank of me but i dont think i am better for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 15:27:12

At 9/26/04 12:51 PM, dsmking wrote:
My master has taken my belt away before so people still hold traditional values. I gotten taken away from fighting and i deserved it taken away. Lethal how hard was it to keep the club alive a while back. We could have used the members we where missing. Now depending on his reasons for not posting we will give him his eldership back. If its for school or something sure if its because he thought the club was dying he doesnt deserve it.

I dont care enough to argue with you about Samurai, at least for the time being.
How can you have fighting taken away from you?
Why? Why did he take your belt?

I have beat people in sparring in shit that are twice the rank of me but i dont think i am better for it.

You are better then them in sparring if you win. FACT.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 21:41:22

At 9/25/04 10:46 PM, dsmking wrote: sry for double post but samarui where have you been. You left the club when we where dying and the only reason the club survived was cause lethal, shinro, piepie, and myself stayed with the club. Shinro has given me and lethal elder choosing rights and right now im not happy with you. SO until you can prove yourself you are just a normal member.

well if i'm not at school im at work, karate, or training. sry i'm try to keep moving so i don't let myself slack. the only reason i'm on tonight and yesterday was because i'm recovering from a 15 hour straight training sesion and for the other reply i don't mean to brag at all that wasn't my intensions i was mearly pointing something out i'm sry for the miss interpretation, but i do train hard and i hate seeing people with a lot of potential and slack off so much.
anyway i will try and get on at night when i'm done with everything
stay strong "pilsung"

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 21:47:31

I have taken Jeet Kun Do for the last 10 years and would like to join the club. I have also taken GOJU RYU karate and KUNG FU for a year each.

Priest of Anubis and guardian of the NOX.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 21:52:47

At 9/26/04 09:47 PM, TigerDemon wrote: I have taken Jeet Kun Do for the last 10 years and would like to join the club. I have also taken GOJU RYU karate and KUNG FU for a year each.

Really tell us more about this stuff. Also all you have to do to join is love martial arts and put a link to the club in your profile

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 22:02:11

At 9/26/04 09:52 PM, dsmking wrote:
At 9/26/04 09:47 PM, TigerDemon wrote: I have taken Jeet Kun Do for the last 10 years and would like to join the club. I have also taken GOJU RYU karate and KUNG FU for a year each.
Really tell us more about this stuff. Also all you have to do to join is love martial arts and put a link to the club in your profile

What more would you like to know and how do I put in a link im not too good with computers? Any way as a further note I am a follower of the Bushido and I live by this code

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 22:46:35

Just put it in your sig the same way you put in the text and just put the link in. everyone knows how

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-26 22:52:29

At 9/26/04 10:46 PM, dsmking wrote: Just put it in your sig the same way you put in the text and just put the link in. everyone knows how

How do you put in a link I dont know how IM really bbad with computers

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-27 00:07:52

Can someone write me names of the patterns in Taekwon do all the way to "Que bek" or however it's spelled.
I need it to learn the order.. can never remember which pattern follows which..

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-27 14:59:31

At 9/27/04 12:07 AM, amplefied wrote: Can someone write me names of the patterns in Taekwon do all the way to "Que bek" or however it's spelled.
I need it to learn the order.. can never remember which pattern follows which..

Gebon hana - set. tae keuck sam. sa, o, u, koryo, tae keuk chil, palgwe, then palgwe palge, chil, u, o sa then tae bek balsai. Thats what i know up to O and kaos i removed you from elders. Ill put you back on due to the popularity of you series. I would watch it but i dont have that much free time. just promise to post more k.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-27 15:04:54

Samurai you are an elder again. We changed are mind. I just realized how big the club is and the fact school started. im sorry

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-27 15:32:41

At 9/27/04 02:59 PM, dsmking wrote:

Ill put you back on due to the popularity of you series.

Nothing bad about him, but... how does the popularity of his series make him a good martial artist?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-27 15:45:49

At 9/27/04 03:32 PM, Letahlity wrote: Nothing bad about him, but... how does the popularity of his series make him a good martial artist?

He was already an elder but his series is really popular so he is rushed to make the next episode. O are you interested in making a martial arts flash?

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-27 15:55:42

At 9/27/04 03:45 PM, dsmking wrote: He was already an elder but his series is really popular so he is rushed to make the next episode. O are you interested in making a martial arts flash?

I see.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-27 21:31:47

i went to karate tonight and i thank i need to find a new place to train because i think i'm the only person there who trains outside the dojo and i'm getting tired of seeing people who havn't improved at all and still move up in rank.
today it took a brown belt 10 trys to break a 10inch bourd and we did an inderance test and only me and two other people lasted through it out of 20.
its getting annoying so if anyone has a suggestion of a new type of art i could take i'm open to suggestions and please let me know what you think about these people slacking, not improving and still gaining rank and getting cocky as hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-27 21:36:31

At 9/27/04 09:31 PM, samurai_320 wrote: i went to karate tonight and i thank i need to find a new place to train because i think i'm the only person there who trains outside the dojo and i'm getting tired of seeing people who havn't improved at all and still move up in rank.
today it took a brown belt 10 trys to break a 10inch bourd and we did an inderance test and only me and two other people lasted through it out of 20.

See the endurance test my school does. We had to put on sparring gear for an hour and run nonstop, jump, kick and then spar after and hour of running and stuff. But thats not bad. The bad part was i ate before it. Didnt throw up though. One question also was it actually 10 inches or 10 boards together orr 10 inches with seperators. It makes a big difference

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-28 03:36:32

At 9/27/04 09:31 PM, samurai_320 wrote: i went to karate tonight and i thank i need to find a new place to train because i think i'm the only person there who trains outside the dojo and i'm getting tired of seeing people who havn't improved at all and still move up in rank.
its getting annoying so if anyone has a suggestion of a new type of art i could take i'm open to suggestions and please let me know what you think about these people slacking, not improving and still gaining rank and getting cocky as hell.

I sorta felt the same. I couldn't develop further untill the others started taking it more seriously.

I don't know... there's so many styles to choose between.
Tae Kwon Do - Alot of kicking (depending on wether it's ITF or WTF) and sparring, but I like this style because you can focus on so many things... tradition, forms, sparring. You pick.
Wushu - Fluid, beautiful, alot (if not only) forms training.
Go check out all schools in your town and see if there's anything you feel comfortable with.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-28 04:47:09

At 9/27/04 09:36 PM, dsmking wrote: See the endurance test my school does.

Scool? You go to a martila arts scool?!
How's that like? Do you have 9 like hours of practise then several hours of learning and practicly no free time?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-09-28 04:59:56

At 9/27/04 02:59 PM, dsmking wrote: Gebon hana - set. tae keuck sam. sa, o, u, koryo, tae keuk chil, palgwe, then palgwe palge, chil, u, o sa then tae bek balsai.

Which organization do you belong to BTW?