00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

426,279 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 15:07:26

I vote no on the ranking system.
Look up how to put a link in your sig. There is a helpful thread there.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 16:21:16

No to all forms of ranking system...
I'm very tired, so excuse me if i'm not too hyped...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 16:38:58

At 8/15/04 04:21 PM, Letahlity wrote: No to all forms of ranking system...

Why are you so tired?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 16:52:02

aie good news i passed the year with a 64 yay im so happy

does anybody know when the judo is on tv for the olyimpics because i wanna watch it ????

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 16:57:16

At 8/15/04 04:52 PM, boxer101 wrote: aie good news i passed the year with a 64 yay im so happy

does anybody know when the judo is on tv for the olyimpics because i wanna watch it ????

I'll run a search and see what I can find.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 16:59:17

At 8/15/04 04:57 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:

thanks semi

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 17:18:28

At 8/15/04 04:38 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
At 8/15/04 04:21 PM, Letahlity wrote: No to all forms of ranking system...
Why are you so tired?

I dont know... bad day.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 17:24:03

At 8/15/04 04:59 PM, boxer101 wrote:
At 8/15/04 04:57 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
thanks semi

This is the best I can do. (Click Here)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 17:54:06

does wrestling count

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 17:58:00

At 8/15/04 05:54 PM, DarkKame wrote: does wrestling count

Pro wrestling, or wrestling that you learned from an actual teacher or just wrestling around with your friends? If the latter; no, not in my opinion.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 17:59:29

At 8/15/04 05:58 PM, Letahlity wrote:
Pro wrestling, or wrestling that you learned from an actual teacher or just wrestling around with your friends? If the latter; no, not in my opinion.

im talkin highschool wrestling. The one thats on the olymipics. I dont know if im doing it next year though. All the good people are gone

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 18:03:00

Not really, Martial arts are all forms of self defense. If you're interested in Martial Arts you're welcome to join the club.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 18:12:49

At 8/15/04 06:03 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
Not really, Martial arts are all forms of self defense. If you're interested in Martial Arts you're welcome to join the club.

last time i did karte was when i was 5. it was fun i wish i could do it now. But since im 15 these sports take alot of time. And the rest of my time is over my clikcs house. Wrestling is just like judo almost. ecept more agresive. Havint u seen k-1. Any way yes im very intersted in it. jackie chan and jet li should fight

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 18:39:04

If I had a dollar everytime I heard "I did karate when I was 5-6".

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 18:44:14

im goinf away for a few days so i wont be posting unless i find a computer with internet so bye for now

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 18:47:53

At 8/15/04 06:44 PM, boxer101 wrote: im goinf away for a few days so i wont be posting unless i find a computer with internet so bye for now

Sayonara!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 18:54:53

At 8/15/04 06:39 PM, Letahlity wrote: If I had a dollar everytime I heard "I did karate when I was 5-6".

You'd be a rich man,

Did you make your signature? Or did you draw any of it?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 19:31:33

At 8/15/04 06:54 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
At 8/15/04 06:39 PM, Letahlity wrote: If I had a dollar everytime I heard "I did karate when I was 5-6".
You'd be a rich man,

Did you make your signature? Or did you draw any of it?

I made it myself simply with paint... yeah, i'm a real amateur, and I dont really feel like becoming a pro sign maker.
No, even though i'm pretty so-so at drawing, it's from one of my absolute favorite manga's... Blade of the Immortal.
A great manga I recommend everyone to read.
If you want to read it on your computer;
http://www.xappy.com/eternalleech/newsScript/blade.php
All free ^_^

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:03:10

Since no one is posting *feels the despair*

Whats everyone's favorite lines?
I mean as in a movie line, but also a manga line, and what so ever...
Mine would have to be...
"I killed god."
- Manji, Blade of the immortal.

"Throughout history, it is those who call themself righteous
who destroy their countries...
... And it is those who acknowledge the evil within who rise up
to save the nation."
- Blade of the Immortal

"Life isn't just about passing on your genes.
We can leave behind much more than just DNA.
Through speech, music, literature and movies...
what we've seen, heard, felt
...anger, joy and sorrow...
these are the things I will pass on.

That's what I live for.
We need to pass the torch,
and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light.
We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with.

The human race will probably come to an end some time,
and new species may rule over this planet.
Earth may not be forever,
but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of life we can.

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing."
Solid Snake-- Metal Gear Solid 2

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.
And i'm all out of bubblegum."
- Scarface (I think...)

Laters.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:08:50

Letahlity- You like MGS too!? Cool, i beat 1 and 2.
DroopyA- I just realized, you posted on my "Britney Spears Peepshow" thread. Man, i hate Goatse.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:20:32

At 8/15/04 10:08 PM, Mystic-goat wrote: Letahlity- You like MGS too!? Cool, i beat 1 and 2.
DroopyA- I just realized, you posted on my "Britney Spears Peepshow" thread. Man, i hate Goatse.

Yeah, *Lethality fancy MGS*
It's a brilliant series, really. All those who complain over too many cutscenes should learn to be more patient... patience is a essence quality of a man.
I'm really looking foward to MGS3: Snake Eater.
Some open landscape, new combat-system, and a heck lot of questions to be answered.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:23:30

At 8/15/04 10:03 PM, Letahlity wrote: Since no one is posting *feels the despair*

Whats everyone's favorite lines?
I mean as in a movie line, but also a manga line, and what so ever...
Mine would have to be...
"I killed god."
- Manji, Blade of the immortal.

"Throughout history, it is those who call themself righteous
who destroy their countries...
... And it is those who acknowledge the evil within who rise up
to save the nation."
- Blade of the Immortal...

Hey Man, I thought you were done for the night. I'm not sure about movie quotes... My memory is rather empty for this subject. But I do have a question for you. If my ?Grand Master approves of it. Would you like tolike to email him.
If you do and he allows it, remember, He is a very Honorable, Traditional, and Respectable man. When emailing him speak from your heart, and formally address him as Grand Master Uezu.
Do you think you could handle that?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:30:41

I had to wright an auto biography for lit and I know you guys want to know as much as your members as possible so I thought I'd post the short version here.

My name is Josh Prather. I was born in georgia on April 3, 1988. My mothers name is Linda Prather and my fathers name is Mel prather.
I have a younger brother and a half sister. I have more relatives than I'll ever know what to do with and more distant relative than I'll ever know
period.
I didn't grow up with many friends. I was always looked down upon by my peers, so I grew up a loner. I had one cat and I went to Woodstock
Elementary until 2nd grade then I started at Jounston. My whole family used to get togeather on the holidays which was one of the few happy
times of my child hood. I grew up feeling sorry for myself kind of blind to brighter side of things. "That which does not kill you makes you
stronger" I'm not sure who said this, but its true my misfortune during my childhood made me very strong emotionally. I develope a great will
power and during middle school started to work out and train in the martial arts. The time I spent as a kid not hanging out with friends I spent
thinking and reflecting. I started to do what most kids are told to do, but never actually do. I started thinking of everything from all perspectives
and understanding things better in doing so. I believe this gave me a since of wisdom that not many kids my age have.
Today I'm more phisically and mentally strong than I every believed I would be as a kid. I spend most of my free time working out or
hanging with my friends. If I'm not at school, home, or with friends I'm at karate. I've never been able to get into any kind of sport accept the
martial arts and I think its because the martial arts is not a game it a more meaningful thing almost like a way of life for many people who do it. I
also have my weakend and summer job at "Two Men And A Truck" a moving company. I thinks its got to be one of the best jobs for a kid my age
its like being paid to workout all day.
I've already set myself up pretty well for the future. I have a good bit of money saved up, I have a car, and my dad owns another house in
woodstock thats mine after high school. I do plan on going to colledge Flordia State if my grades and S.A.T. permit it. I'm a hard worker when it
comes to anything, but school for some reasons. During the summer I used to work up to 63 hours a week at my job. I have almost no fears at all.
I'm a lot stronger and smarter than most people give me credit for. I've always had a code of morals set for myself and I've always stuck to them
and just as their are thing I hold myself at standard for I expect things out of others as well. I hate when people make assumptions about things
and its in the ignorance and nieveness of others that I see the wisdom in myself. When I look at things from all angles and reason I avoid making
assuptions and that I think is my biggest strength.
To sum it up I was a loser through my childhood, but that just made me a stronger person today. I love to train and study the martial arts. I
believe myself to have a great future ahead of me. by training hard and sticking to my morals I believe I can overcome any obsticle to cross my
path and hopefully gain great strength and wisdom through my experiances.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:31:03

It looks like the club is awake once again. How is everyone?

Here is a topic I'd like to start.

What is the firs thing you learn from Karate/Martial arts?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:33:22

At 8/15/04 10:23 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: Hey Man, I thought you were done for the night. I'm not sure about movie quotes... My memory is rather empty for this subject. But I do have a question for you. If my ?Grand Master approves of it. Would you like tolike to email him.
If you do and he allows it, remember, He is a very Honorable, Traditional, and Respectable man. When emailing him speak from your heart, and formally address him as Grand Master Uezu.
Do you think you could handle that?

Yes, i'd like that ^_^ always interesting to correspond with martial artist that holds themselfs true to their beliefs, and your master sounds like one of them ^_^
I'm just not sure what I should email him about, or what his email is.
It's 4:30 am around here, so i'm a bit slow, please excuse.

And to answer your question, yes, I have no problem with adressing him properly or being as I normally apear around here ^_^

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:42:18

At 8/15/04 10:31 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: It looks like the club is awake once again. How is everyone?

Well, first thing I learned in my ex. dojo, went something like this...
Newbeginners were free to start training.
We sat down in formation.
The teacher told us to show respect to the dojo, the teacher and to focus on training when you're in the dojo - no fooling around.
I soon learned that was a double-standard...

The first thing I more actually learned about martial arts?
The etique, or well, how to behave in the dojo.
My parents never really teached me to be nice, polite and a good kid, neither did my martial arts teacher's...
I have simply found this is the best and absolutely more appropriate way to dealing with life's situations.
Oh, it's hard to tell... I learned so much and changed my mind so many times...
Technique-wise, it was the roundhouse.
Concept-wise? No one never taught me a concept.
I had to learn it the hard way.
I learned that all things tremble before death and fear is the basics of survival and is easier handled if accepted.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:44:28

At 8/15/04 10:33 PM, Letahlity wrote:
At 8/15/04 10:23 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:

:: Yes, i'd like that ^_^ always interesting to correspond with martial artist that holds themselfs true to their beliefs, and your master sounds like one of them ^_^

I'm just not sure what I should email him about, or what his email is.
It's 4:30 am around here, so i'm a bit slow, please excuse.

And to answer your question, yes, I have no problem with adressing him properly or being as I normally apear around here ^_^

^_^ Hmm... I think we see Eye to eye. I've sent him your post on motivation. If he E-mails me and allows it I will give you His email address.

Samurai320,

Wow, what a post... Good to know you. Hmm... I still don't believe I should reveal my full Identity yet, But it's nice to know you a little more Josh.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 22:48:31

At 8/15/04 10:42 PM, Letahlity wrote:
At 8/15/04 10:31 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: It looks like the club is awake once again. How is everyone?

Well, first thing I learned in my ex. dojo, went something like this...
Newbeginners were free to start training.
We sat down in formation.
The teacher told us to show respect to the dojo, the teacher and to focus on training when you're in the dojo - no fooling around.
I soon learned that was a double-standard...

As a white as a martial artist what do you do before you enter the dojo and bfore you leave. "Consider this to be a hint."

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 23:08:10

Sorry about the bad grammar letahlity, I have a pretty good sized Migrane.

The first thing you "should" learn Is Rrspect.
You pay respect to your dojo by Bowing before you enter, Before you leave.

Does this make since to you?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-16 00:20:04

wasnt that one of the membership questions you used to ask us or was that just me.