00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

426,288 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 11:13:40

At 8/14/04 11:06 AM, Zonox wrote: I have been doing WingChun KungFu for 10 years now, and for the last 2 years I've adapting it to do Jeet Kune Do.
However, as Bruce Lee said, I prefer to call it, "The Art of Fighting, without Fighting"

I also, even though it is not covered in my style, I have learnt how to use the double nunchaku.

Welcome to The Martial Arts Club. If you wish to be a part of us just but a link to this club in your signature. ^_^

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 13:07:30

At 8/13/04 11:21 PM, samurai_320 wrote: I hae some Ideas for some other ranks from back when I was the leader of the NG ninjas.
1) members
2) students
3) black belt
4) sensai
5) master
6) elder
Good idea, however you might want to change number 4 from sensai to instructor or teacher because making it sensai would make this more of a Japanese style Martial Arts club when the club is open to all styles.

Life does not have a cast system.
I dont really believe in creating a sub-life in a community, no matter how much I like this club, I dont want it to be even the least about gathering points and looking cool with a rank.
'Elder' is just fine with me for now.
So, i'm afraid i'd have to vote such an idea down.
It's also hard to keep check on what members we have or the 'point awards' system.
It would just be take up alot of non-necessary space in this thread.

*bows*

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 13:26:53

At 8/14/04 01:07 PM, Letahlity wrote:
At 8/13/04 11:21 PM, samurai_320 wrote: I hae some Ideas for some other ranks from back when I was the leader of the NG ninjas.
1) members
2) students
3) black belt
4) sensai
5) master
6) elder
Good idea, however you might want to change number 4 from sensai to instructor or teacher...:
Life does not have a cast system.
I dont really believe in creating a sub-life in a community, no matter how much I like this club, I dont want it to be even the least about gathering points and looking cool with a rank.
So, i'm afraid i'd have to vote such an idea down...
*bows*

I agree with you Letahlity. We don't have enough members yet to worry about a point system Anyway. My vote shall be no too.

*bows*

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 13:41:04

Allright people, training music.
Do you like to have music in the background when you're training?
What's your favorite training music, if so is the case? ^_^

Mine is:
Yoko Kanno - The Real Folk Blues
Yoko Kanno - Farewell Blues

Hellsing Soundtrack - Logo Naki World (sidenote: Some call it "The world without logos".)
Radiohead - Where I End And You Begin
Kitaro & Yu-Xiao Guang - Mandala

Such ^_^
What's yours?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 14:08:40

At 8/14/04 01:41 PM, Letahlity wrote: Allright people, training music.
What's your favorite training music, if so is the case? ^_^

Mine is:
Yoko Kanno - The Real Folk Blues
Yoko Kanno - Farewell Blues

Hellsing Soundtrack - Logo Naki World (sidenote: Some call it "The world without logos".)
Radiohead - Where I End And You Begin
Kitaro & Yu-Xiao Guang - Mandala

Such ^_^
What's yours?

Hmm... I don't usually train with music in the background, Unless I training for Musical Kata. For faster katas, I use Rock, Metallica, techno, and many others. For slower paced katas, I use traditional Okinawin, slow rock, etc. as for specifics, I'm not sure... I Have currently over 400 albums on my comp. so give me a an artist, band, or song and I'll see if I have it.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 14:34:58

I used to train in total darkness and silence, it trained my balance very well, and I would also place sticks in the room which I would perform stances around etc.
Then I moved on to training outside in the morning, because training outside perfect my cardiovascular or whatever its called.
But I guess I don't train to music.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 17:47:46

My, my... it apears nearly no one has posted here for a while...
I wish I had some good topic, but I dont...
Err... anyone is free to put up a topic, for the hell of it... *hint*

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 17:57:30

At 8/14/04 01:07 PM, Letahlity wrote: Life does not have a cast system.
So, i'm afraid i'd have to vote such an idea down.
It's also hard to keep check on what members we have or the 'point awards' system.
It would just be take up alot of non-necessary space in this thread.

*bows*

I can respect that and its true I rarley am on this computer anyway and like I said it was just an idea.

(bows) "Pilsung"

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 18:03:04

Wow, this is an honor, thanks for your support!
My first act as an elder is to vote no on the new system.
Let's talk about the general public's view of the martial arts.
I feel people think the martial arts promote violence, while the opposite is true.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 19:07:13

At 8/14/04 06:03 PM, Mystic-goat wrote: Wow, this is an honor, thanks for your support!
My first act as an elder is to vote no on the new system.
Let's talk about the general public's view of the martial arts.
I feel people think the martial arts promote violence, while the opposite is true.

Yes. They are fools. All of them.
A few months back, I read an article in the everyday newspaper.
It was some woman who seemed like her entire life was buildt in a safe suburban(sp?) enviroment or something.
She wrote about pro boxing matches. At the time, there was a huge debate about wether or not pro boxing should be allowed in Sweden
The debate was going bad - pro boxing was probably going to be banned (they took in the worse boxer in Sweden and he said "uh uh it may take the kids of the street!".
She wrote about it, and in the end she said "While we're still at it, why not ban all forms of martial arts?"
She pissed me off so bad I wanted to... Well, i'm usually a calm guy, but this stirred me up. Firstly, I got really disapointed that there still was people like that in Sweden these days, thinking it's the most 'americanized' country there is, next to America.

Here's the thing... there's an misnomer in our society.
A misnomer that goes 'Hurting other people is bad and wrong.'
But we must still be better then everyone.
Be kind and dont hurt anyone...
But beat out the competition.

Mankind is also a animal. A mammal.
If we are not animals, insects, fish or bird, what are we?
Face facts: we are nothing but a animal that has by our great brain capacity (wich isn't so great really...) over time developed emotions, moral and what so ever...
Yet we call the rest of the mammals simply 'animals'.
That's a funny thing, but ok, we are dominant, so we can.
So animals fighting against animals are completely ok,
but humans fighting is claimed as 'evil'.
Yeah, humans fight over pitty reasons. Thats cause we are too complex.

Fighting is part of survival.
Our ancestors has done it forever.
All life is precious, but your own is special, is it?
War is pathetic. Pitty reasons, as I said.
Yet it is necessary, cause it is in our nature to disagree.

My one point is... since taking life is always considered bad...
I say that being strong is also a great part of life.
I'm not sure if I would have been sorry for killing another man, cause the only man i'll ever kill is the one who acts a threat towards my existence or my precious loved ones.

But maybe, just maybe, i'm a wierdo.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 20:46:27

At 8/14/04 08:23 PM, Kaosboy85 wrote: Another problem I think the Martial Arts faces is the mass production of black belts. I don't mean the black belts who put in the time and learn and understand their style. I mean the franchised schools that flip black belts out faster then hamburgers. Now a day everyone is a "black black belt" and are a dime a dozen, where as back in the day a "black belt" was looked at as being something liek a like super man.

*sigh*

True that. Legends say that there was at the beginning only white belts. Then as the martial artist worked hard, the belt was dyed red by the blood the martial artist spilt in training.
Then, after many years of hard work, the belt became very dirty and filthy from training that it became almost black.

Too many people take martial arts for fitness only.
Many celebrities do so... kickboxing!
Man, celebrities is also a messed up thing in this society.
They are viewed as god's and elites, some form of higher being.
Haha, those girls admire moviestars, but they think acting and theater is silly.
It's because theater happens right in front of your eye's... unedited.
Those actors and the movie stars are just the same.
Movie's are edited and edited again untill they look perfect.
If you ever have the chance to go behind-stage on a movie set, do so. It'll change your perspective for sure.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 22:28:07

yeah i trian with rammstein and led zeppelin it gets me motivated mroe espiclly when im exhausted the musik gives me more energy and i vote know for the ranking system maybe when we get more than 40 members

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 22:38:05

At 8/14/04 08:46 PM, Letahlity wrote:
At 8/14/04 08:23 PM, Kaosboy85 wrote: Another problem I think the Martial Arts faces is the mass production of black belts. I don't mean the black belts who put in the time and learn and understand their style. I mean the ...
True that. Legends say that there was at the beginning only white belts. Then as the martial artist worked hard, the belt was dyed red by the blood the martial artist spilt in training.
Then, after many years of hard work, the belt became very dirty and filthy from training that it became almost black.

Too many people take martial arts for fitness only.
Many celebrities do so... kickboxing!
Man, celebrities is also a messed up thing in this society.
They are viewed as god's and elites, some form of higher being.
Haha, those girls admire moviestars, but they think acting and theater is silly.
It's because theater happens right in front of your eye's...

So very true...
The true meanings of Karate and Martial Arts are all but forgotten.

Not to mention that honor and Integrity are almost dead to the world...

It sickens me to see how people ridicule those who wish to learn how to protect themselves...

Action movies are now just another version of false advertising.

We are Martial Artists because we choose not to be the wolves or the sheep.

We choose to protect others and ourselves...

The world Is not aware of our true purpose, and they fear what they don't understand as always...

If only they would open their eyes to the truth...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 23:29:34

im back guys, wow...15 pages! nice, well i havent been around for a few days, maybe page 11 or so? did i miss anything of importance semi? fill me in man, thanks in advance.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 23:36:38

Hmm... Let's see, A tornado nearly hit my county, Boxer101 nearly killed himself while weight training, A hurricane is supposively headed towards where I live. We have a new council member, Mystic_Goat, and you can look up the rest for yourself.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-14 23:50:27

At 8/14/04 11:29 PM, Johnnyack wrote: im back guys, wow...15 pages! nice, well i havent been around for a few days, maybe page 11 or so? did i miss anything of importance semi? fill me in man, thanks in advance.

ROFl There sure is a lot to read isn't there... So how have you been, and what have you been up to?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 02:34:34

At 8/13/04 06:26 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: 1. No flamming or spamming.
2. Keep topics withi Martial Arts.
3. Do not ask to become an elder, we'll ask you.

hey guys i was having problems with my password and i just got it staightend out today so anyways shinro what about weight training that should also be aloud to talk about also its a type of training isnt it?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 02:42:58

What's yours?

well i dont have music playing in the background when im practicing or sparring or anything like that, but as for weight training i like to listen to bands like: judas preist, AC DC, Alice cooper, and sometimes Styx, or Guns N Roses(when im in more of a relaxed mood)if i double posted sorry.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 02:50:17

At 8/14/04 11:36 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: Hmm... Let's see, A tornado nearly hit my county, Boxer101 nearly killed himself while weight training, A hurricane is supposively headed towards where I live. We have a new council member, Mystic_Goat, and you can look up the rest for yourself.

hey sorry for the TRIPPLE post but you left one out i almost killed myself weight training to. makes you think that there is some foul play.(just a thought)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 11:35:42

At 8/15/04 02:34 AM, nr5714k wrote:
At 8/13/04 06:26 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: 1. No flamming or spamming.
2. Keep topics withi Martial Arts.
3. Do not ask to become an elder, we'll ask you.
hey guys i was having problems with my password and i just got it staightend out today so anyways shinro what about weight training that should also be aloud to talk about also its a type of training isnt it?

Any thing that helps develope your mind, body, or spirit is welcome here, so yes, weight training is a possible subject.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 11:41:52

Umm people what do you think about this ranking system?

1. Bruce Lee
2. Black Jeet Kune Do belt.
3. Brown kung-fu belt.
4. Blue tae-kune do (spelling?) belt.
5. Green Krav-Maga belt.
6. Orange Karate belt.
7. White Judo belt.

Or something in that style...?

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 11:42:36

At 8/15/04 02:50 AM, nr5714k wrote:
At 8/14/04 11:36 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: Hmm... Let's see, A tornado nearly hit my county, Boxer101 nearly killed himself while weight training, A hurricane is supposively headed towards where I live. We have a new council member, Mystic_Goat, and you can look up the rest for yourself.
hey sorry for the TRIPPLE post but you left one out i almost killed myself weight training to. makes you think that there is some foul play.(just a thought)

Oops, It looks like I forgot 1. lol, missfortune seems to have stroke many people in this club... Although, I think of these situations as trials to make stronger for harder situations, Also, Hard times make better people.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 11:48:14

At 8/15/04 11:41 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Umm people what do you think about this ranking system?

1. Bruce Lee
3. Brown kung-fu belt.
5. Green Krav-Maga belt.
6. Orange Karate belt.
7. White Judo belt.

Hmm... I personally don't like it, we don't want people think some styles are regaurded higher than others, and like I said before,
Members first, Ranking system later.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 11:50:03

At 8/15/04 11:48 AM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
At 8/15/04 11:41 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Umm people what do you think about this ranking system?

1. Bruce Lee
3. Brown kung-fu belt.
5. Green Krav-Maga belt.
6. Orange Karate belt.
7. White Judo belt.

Hmm... I personally don't like it, we don't want people think some styles are regaurded higher than others, and like I said before,

But this istill a deciion for the elders... I vote no on this system, how about the rest of you.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 11:53:10

At 8/15/04 11:48 AM, Semi-Shinro wrote: Hmm... I personally don't like it, we don't want people think some styles are regaurded higher than others, and like I said before,

Yeah thats cool, i just threw an idea, and i also joined in one of the first pages, i just dont write so much....

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 11:57:43

i vote no on the rnaking semis right we need members first

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 12:23:44

At 8/15/04 11:53 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:
At 8/15/04 11:48 AM, Semi-Shinro wrote: Hmm... I personally don't like it, we don't want people think some styles are regaurded higher than others, and like I said before,
Yeah thats cool, i just threw an idea, and i also joined in one of the first pages, i just dont write so much....

If you're part of this club, then put a link in your signature.
That way we can make get this club more popular.
Remember, all those interested in martial arts are welcome.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 12:34:39

At 8/15/04 12:23 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: If you're part of this club, then put a link in your signature.

Yeah, i would have putted the link in my sig before but the limit size is too small...

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 12:41:15

At 8/15/04 12:34 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:
At 8/15/04 12:23 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: If you're part of this club, then put a link in your signature.
Yeah, i would have putted the link in my sig before but the limit size is too small...

What about your sig pic?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-15 14:03:45

my sig says that im a member of the martial arts club(not exctly in that way), but how do you make it a link?