00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Emrox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

423,915 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 10:37:55

At 8/11/04 10:15 AM, Letahlity wrote: Hello, hello.
I'm back now and I see that the world on this side has not collapsed yet...

Ohayo,
As soon as I saw the post, I knew it was you. As always you're well spoken, well mannered, and full of hope and Inspiration. I've been trying to think of a topic subject to get all the members attention and to get them to come back. Can you help me with this? If you can domo-arigato, if you can't, still, thanks for trying.

***bows in respect***Huss

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 12:23:25

hey wuts up every 1 \m/ I am in goju ryu does any one else?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 12:54:07

At 8/11/04 10:15 AM, Letahlity wrote: Stuff

Haha, small world I think. I'm assuming I know you Letahlity from another site correct?

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 13:15:39

At 8/11/04 12:23 PM, johnnythm1 wrote: hey wuts up every 1 \m/ I am in goju ryu does any one else?

I believe blackberry clock does.... I take Isshinryu, a mix between Goju ryu and Shorin ryu.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 16:17:46

Man I just got back from my third day of school and I'm already pissed off.
Their are three things that get under my skin being talked down to by those weaker than I am, Lazeness from myself and others, and people who show how nieve and ignorant they are by making assumptions.
And in the past three days I've seen and heard all of these and whats worse their where situations where each where directed toward me.
I'm going to go hit my punching for an hour or two and hopefully I'll feel better after words.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 16:32:55

At 8/11/04 10:37 AM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
At 8/11/04 10:15 AM, Letahlity wrote: Hello, hello.
I'm back now and I see that the world on this side has not collapsed yet...
Ohayo,
As soon as I saw the post, I knew it was you. As always you're well spoken, well mannered, and full of hope and Inspiration. I've been trying to think of a topic subject to get all the members attention and to get them to come back. Can you help me with this? If you can domo-arigato, if you can't, still, thanks for trying.

***bows in respect***Huss

Konbanwa!
Hm... give me a minute and i'll think of something.
I'll post it in my next reply.

At 8/11/04 12:54 PM, DroopyA wrote:
At 8/11/04 10:15 AM, Letahlity wrote: Stuff
Haha, small world I think. I'm assuming I know you Letahlity from another site correct?

Hah, correct ^_^ the ordinary "Lethality" were already taken so it'd had to be Letahlity.
Do you know why Jubei's is down?
It's been saying "server moving" for over a month...
I miss the site.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 16:55:48

Motivation.

In basic, my question, and maybe a good reminder for all martial artist, is:
What keeps you on track? What makes you work hard?
Why aren't you just slacking off, wasting your days?
What keeps you motivated to continue training in martial arts?

I mean, it's a very easy thing to do... to just stop training, stop dreaming, stop wanting, give up your ambition, and just do nothing particular with your life.
In fact, that's what most of the people living around us choose to do.
Having a dream, a huge ambition is not easy.
It requires you to dedicate most of your free time, otherwise you might end up doing it all watered down.

And here's the thing: You might not even achieve your goal.
You can totally fail, die in progress or simply get tied down to something for some reason.

My ambition is to become an excellent martial artist. I want to be strong. I want to be able to protect those people I can call 'precious'.
Training makes one feel a certain emotion.
Bitterness. Isn't it? It feels -really- bitter to do those last 10 push-ups... that last 1 minute on the bag... run that mile.
And all I can think of is my one dream. To be strong!
I was always weak when I was younger, so I really want to know how it feels to be strong.
And I dont care if I die in the progress. I was following my dream, and that is all that matters to me.

I'd just like to end this with a Zen-story.
Try softer
A young boy travelled across Japan to the school of a
famous martial artist. When he arrived at the dojo he
was given an audience by the Sifu.
"What do you wish from me?" the master asked.
"I wish to be your student and become the finest
martial artist in the land," the boy replied. "How long
must I study?"
"Ten years at least," the master answered. "Ten years
is a long time," said the boy. What if I studied twice as
hard as all your other students?"
"Twenty years at least," replied the master." "Twenty years!
"What if I practice all day and night with all my effort?"
"Thirty years," was the masters reply. "How is it each
time I say I will work harder, you tell me that it
will take longer?" the boy asked.
"The answer is clear. When one eye is fixed upon
your destination, there is only one eye left with wich
to the Way."

We grow great by dreams and all great men are dreamers.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 20:47:16

At 8/11/04 04:55 PM, Letahlity wrote:
I'd just like to end this with a Zen-story.
Try softer
A young boy travelled across Japan to the school of a
famous martial artist. When he arrived at the dojo he
was given an audience by the Sifu.
"What do you wish from me?" the master asked.
"I wish to be your student and become the finest
martial artist in the land," the boy replied. "How long
must I study?"
"Ten years at least," the master answered. "Ten years
is a long time," said the boy. What if I studied twice as
hard as all your other students?"
"Twenty years at least," replied the master." "Twenty years!
"What if I practice all day and night with all my effort?"
"Thirty years," was the masters reply. "How is it each
time I say I will work harder, you tell me that it
will take longer?" the boy asked.
"The answer is clear. When one eye is fixed upon
your destination, there is only one eye left with wich
to the Way."

We grow great by dreams and all great men are dreamers.

A good story with a good message. I too will share storys when I am able to contact Grand master Uezu. My storys are ok but his storys are extraordinary. Domo-Arigato for sharing your time and wisdom with us. I look foward to to your next post.

Sayonara for now,
***bows in respect***

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 21:12:06

holy shit i almost died today well i think i was doing my wieht triang when i decied i wanted to add 50 pounds to my bench excersize when on my second set i got to tired an since i dont have a cage i drop the barlbell and then weights on my shoulder and then onto my stomach my mom drove me too the clinic and they gave me this cream and this cloth and i have to not do anything active for a week or until i feel better( so much for my soccer tournament) anywasy my stupid mom is taking my weights away because she says it too dangerous and im not aloud going to the gym anymore im just aloud to pratice my boxing skills you guys have any suggestions in getting my wieghts back

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 21:14:09

At 8/11/04 09:12 PM, boxer101 wrote: holy shit i almost died today

i was exgeritng in that part i was going to delte it but i 4got

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 22:10:01

well ive been out of town for about 4 days(i went to kansas for a funiral) but anyways i was looking at the boards and seen a post asking for an update on everybodys statis of martial arts so i figgured i would post that i have been in jui-jitsu and tai-kwon-do for 9 years i decided to join because my freind ways and he wanted to have sombody there he knew so i joined and i have also been in shoto-khan karate for 7 years last sunday and once again it was because of my freind who had been taking it while we were both in the other martial arts

so anyways what did i miss while i was gone?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 22:11:49

At 8/11/04 09:12 PM, boxer101 wrote: holy shit i almost died today well i think i was doing my wieht triang when i decied i wanted to add 50 pounds to my bench excersize when on my second set i got to tired an since i dont have a cage i drop the barlbell and then weights on my shoulder and then onto my stomach

Lesson #1. Never add extra weight unless you're accompanied by a spotter. You're lucky you didn't die you Brainiac!!!

my mom drove me too the clinic and they gave me this cream and this cloth and i have to not do anything active for a week or until i feel better( so much for my soccer tournament)

Lesson #2. That soccer tournament should be the last thing on your mind. It was your fault you added the extra weight and didn.t take the Necessary Precautions. Be thankful you still have your life.

anywasy my stupid mom is taking my weights away because she says it too dangerous and im not aloud going to the gym anymore im just aloud to pratice my boxing skills you guys have any suggestions in getting my wieghts back

Lesson #3. I'm sorry, but if your mom is stupid the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like all mothers, she is worried about you, and she is only doing this because she cares about you and your safety. About the matter of getting your weights back, have you perfected the art of begging? If not it's a good time to start. And after you earned the chance to prove you can use you weights wisely, don't screw up again. I leared this a long time ago, Never challenge the wrath of a mother.

Anyway, thanks for the good laugh and good luck on getting your weights back.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 22:13:16

At 8/11/04 10:10 PM, nr5714k wrote: so anyways what did i miss while i was gone?

Read and see, It's worth a laugh.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 22:21:57

At 8/11/04 10:11 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: Lesson #3. I'm sorry, but if your mom is stupid the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like all mothers, she is worried about you, and she is only doing this because she cares about you and your safety,.

what shes just doin it becasue she wants me to lose the boxing and the weights and wants me to become a stupid accounteted or lawyer. This was a just an exuse to have a reason to take away my weights. AND cares bout my saftey when i droped off my beaching stool thingy i was in pain and my so called mom who cares bout em told me 2 put fucking ice on it. Itw s my sister who suggest to go to the hospital but then my mom thought i was a baby and i counldt take a liltte pain so seh took me to the clinic. when my mom leaves the house for work ill jsut go in the garage get my olimpian bar and weights and jsut work out and pout them back xaclty where i found them.... my frind gave me that advice

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 22:44:36

At 8/11/04 10:21 PM, boxer101 wrote: AND cares bout my saftey when i droped off my beaching stool thingy i was in pain and my so called mom who cares bout em told me 2 put fucking ice on it. Itw s my sister who suggest to go to the hospital but then my mom thought i was a baby and i counldt take a liltte pain so seh took me to the clinic.

dude thats fucked up.(pardon my language)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 22:45:25

At 8/11/04 10:21 PM, boxer101 wrote: what shes just doin it becasue she wants me to lose the boxing and the weights and wants me to become a stupid accounteted or lawyer. This was a just an exuse to have a reason to take away my weights. AND cares bout my saftey when i droped off my beaching stool thingy i was in pain and my so called mom who cares bout em told me 2 put fucking ice on it. Itw s my sister who suggest to go to the hospital but then my mom thought i was a baby and i counldt take a liltte pain so seh took me to the clinic. when my mom leaves the house for work ill jsut go in the garage get my olimpian bar and weights and jsut work out and pout them back xaclty where i found them.... my frind gave me that advice

Maybe you should study some more. It's accountant and you shouldn't start your sentences with 'and'. I think you need a who between 'and' and 'cares'. It's spelt exactly. I'm not trying to say you're stupid, but maybe a little more time with your noxe to the books wouldn't hurt, you know?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 22:56:40

At 8/10/04 01:52 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:

What style is Mass Attacks and Bassai? I'd like to look them up, Strangly i've never heard of them......

Basai is pretty common and is adopted by many styles, so I wouldn't know exactly where to put it. In fact, I saw a lot of people from different schools doing it in the black belt kata division at the last tournament I went to.

Mass Attacks is a Kempo form.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 23:03:17

At 8/11/04 10:21 PM, boxer101 wrote: what shes just doin it becasue she wants me to lose the boxing and the weights and wants me to become a stupid accounteted or lawyer. This was a just an exuse to have a reason to take away my weights. AND cares bout my saftey when i droped off my beaching stool thingy i was in pain and my so called mom who cares bout em told me 2 put fucking ice on it...

Since you put it that way, here is my advice for you.

1. Follow your heart and dreams, no matter where or how far they take you.

2. Work on your grammar and typing skills. They leave much to be desired.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 23:16:37

At 8/11/04 10:56 PM, Blackberry_Clock wrote:
At 8/10/04 01:52 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:

What style is Mass Attacks and Bassai? I'd like to look them up, Strangly i've never heard of them......
Basai is pretty common and is adopted by many styles, so I wouldn't know exactly where to put it. In fact, I saw a lot of people from different schools doing it in the black belt kata division at the last tournament I went to.

Mass Attacks is a Kempo form.

Thanks for the info. You've earned my respect as a Martial Artist, so Welcome to the Elder's Council. Please put a link to this club in your signature. Be sure to include that you an Elder of this club.

Domo-Arigato for your time,
***Bows in Respect***

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 23:40:20

At 8/11/04 04:32 PM, Letahlity wrote: Hah, correct ^_^ the ordinary "Lethality" were already taken so it'd had to be Letahlity.
Do you know why Jubei's is down?
It's been saying "server moving" for over a month...
I miss the site.

I really have no idea. I check it daily still in hopes it will return, but I get the same error message everyday. I assume it will come back one day, but you know Jubei... it'll probably take a while. After all, this is the same guy that said Version 2.0 was comming soon for about 6 months.

I still talk to Mr Clean from time to time though. He emailed me not too long ago. If the site ever does return, at least the 3 of us will come back.

Well, it's nice knowing you're still around. Now if only we could find Sherry, Tenacious, Builder, and GoMega. I wouldn't mind bumping in to LeadInjector either, just so I have somebody to pick on. You know me... :-)

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 23:45:16

What is Jubei? And when it's back up and running, can I join?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-12 00:35:39

oh yea i forgot to tell everybody that i won a small tounament while i was in kansas that was open to all styles but kansas topeka kansas isnt exactly the most in touch state with martial arts but there were some pretty well trained peaple there including my best freind who got eliminated by me myself and I so i feel pretty good. but ive got to wake up early tomorow so
later

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-12 00:38:19

Ohayo All,

Our current Elders are;

Johnnyack,
DroopyA,
Boxer101,
dsmking,
Kaosboy85,
Letahlity,
Samurai320,
Blackberry_Clock.

It looks like the weather is gonna get rough for the next few days, so I won't be able to log in for a while. I entrusting the managment of this club to the elders. Please try and make decisions as a group, and not as an Individual. We still need at least 3 elders so see if you can find True Martial Artists in mind, body, and spirit. Also, yall each need need to discuss a good time for all the elders to meet and debate.

Until we meet again,
Sayonara

***Bows in respect***

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-12 07:49:06

At 8/11/04 11:40 PM, DroopyA wrote: I really have no idea. I check it daily still in hopes it will return, but I get the same error message everyday. I assume it will come back one day, but you know Jubei... it'll probably take a while. After all, this is the same guy that said Version 2.0 was comming soon for about 6 months.

I still talk to Mr Clean from time to time though. He emailed me not too long ago. If the site ever does return, at least the 3 of us will come back.

Well, it's nice knowing you're still around. Now if only we could find Sherry, Tenacious, Builder, and GoMega. I wouldn't mind bumping in to LeadInjector either, just so I have somebody to pick on. You know me... :-)

Yeah, without any offence to the man, Jubei is a slowpoke at things like these. I was thinking that it wasn't even his own doing... maybe some trouble with his host, who knows?
I'm looking forward to hear why whenever it comes back on ^_^

Ah, good to hear that at least some people still cares about the site ^_^ I was thinking most of them stopped checking it.
I talk with LeadInjector from time to time. He's on my messenger-list. He says he's still checking the site.
I have Sherry and Sakura on my Yahoo-list (wich I dont check too often) but they're hardly ever on. Sherry said he was moving to another town and Sakura, well, the latest was that she was pregnant, right? ^_^
Maybe we can get in touch with Builder through his site? Hm...

At 8/11/04 11:45 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: What is Jubei? And when it's back up and running, can I join?

Jubei's, or J-MAZ (Jubei's Martial Arts Zone), is a online martial arts community. It features a huge database that every member can submit to, everything from training tips, techniques, tricks, weapon techniques and so on. There's loads of usefull entries, so if I ever need to know anything, I just used to check there ^_^
It also has a forum with lots of great people. Alot of interesting content is born there ^_^
Here's the link, but as we said, Jubei's is down (for the time being?).
http://www.planetjubei.com/mazone/?page=db&db_name=training

*bows*
Dewa mata!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-12 11:02:20

Since the jubie site is down if your guy's where interested you guy's could check out muscletalk.uk . It had great information about muscle and techniques and what to eat and stuff. ( my puntawation is better as you could see I have know spelling mistakes but as a result im typing slow).

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-12 13:11:30

At 8/12/04 07:49 AM, Letahlity wrote: stuff

I could be wrong, but didn't Jubei make a post saying that he would have to swtich hosts to get version 2.0 working? I hope that's the case. If so, not only will the site return, but it'll return better then ever.

Well, it's good to know you got a way to reach some members. When the site does return, at least 4 or 5 of us will come back. I thought about checking Builders site too, but I don't remember the address. I thought I had it saved as a favorite but the only things listed when I checked where Jubeis and the A Alert Jumping site.

Hey, I know you do a lot of stretching, got any stretches for that area above your thigh, but below your belly button? I had my hernia surgery and all and now I'm back to my old routine. But, I've found the place where they cut me open to be a little tight from all the healing. I figure it'll loosen up over time, but stretches would probably really help.

I ciricled the area I need to stretch. And don't worry, it's a close up of the statue of david... and I censored it. :-D

Martial Arts Club

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-12 13:38:31

At 8/11/04 04:17 PM, samurai_320 wrote: Man I just got back from my third day of school and I'm already pissed off.
Their are three things that get under my skin being talked down to by those weaker than I am

well i can tell you how to stop or at least slow that down but the other two i cant help you with except to say train more but back on subject i know this isnt the way of the true martial artist but somtimes theres nothing you can do so if there other student doing this than you find the toughest looking one thats doing this and call him out and kick his ass and i mean bad where as hes like wearing cast and shit i can almost garantee you that it wont happen no more thats how i got around dumb f ing morons while i was in junier high and high school but if its a teacher your just screwed

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-12 15:22:03

At 8/12/04 11:02 AM, boxer101 wrote: Since the jubie site is down if your guy's where interested you guy's could check out muscletalk.uk . It had great information about muscle and techniques and what to eat and stuff. ( my puntawation is better as you could see I have know spelling mistakes but as a result im typing slow).

I reccomend FightingArts.com, it's also a martial arts community with different boards for different martial arts.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-12 15:25:29

At 8/12/04 12:38 AM, Semi-Shinro wrote:

We still need at least 3 elders so see if you can find True Martial Artists in mind, body, and spirit. Also, yall each need need to discuss a good time for all the elders to meet and debate.

Until we meet again,
Sayonara

***Bows in respect***

How would one go about aplying for the position?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-12 16:15:44

At 8/12/04 03:25 PM, Mystic-goat wrote:
How would one go about aplying for the position?

um like to become an elder if that is your question then someone like me says to the borad that i want you to be an elder then semi shinro or any of the elders argrreee with me then you are an elder