00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blue6panda just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

422,357 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 11:32:59

At 8/8/04 10:11 AM, Letahlity wrote:
At 8/7/04 11:31 PM, boxer101 wrote: sooo imvery tired right now soo if you dont understand this post its not my fault
So, it's not your fault, cause you're tired o_o?
That's a bit like saying "Oh, I ran over a guy with my car. Oh well, it's not my fault - i'm drunk!" but maybe not as serious...
I cant blame you for not reading my comment, but people who enjoys some more content into the comments might.
Instead of just argueing back and forward for 10 post's, I made one final, so I wouldn't have to explain myself.
I'll try to make them smaller in the future ^_^

no no i read it half way threw but i read it but just not all of it and its a totallyl different sitiutaion i ran over a guy with a car thats diffrent but yeah and i was wondering waht tpe of martial arts do you do

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 14:39:33

At 8/8/04 10:21 AM, Letahlity wrote: I would just like to say that i'm going out of town a few days, so I wont be posting, but i'll go here as soon as i'm back ^_^

Dewa mata!

ooo you going on at of town thtas why your not replying i 4got to read this post

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 18:05:05

At 8/8/04 03:48 AM, Blackberry_Clock wrote: Hmm, well I teach Karate the route styles being kemp, goju, and kondukwan(sp?). I'm sure that counts for something.

Welcome to the Club. Could you give us some Insight on how you teach your class? And how many years of experience do you have In martial arts for each style?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 18:59:51

i wanted to know what is your workout routine for your martial art mine is this

Monday

incline bench press 1x20 (warm up- pre exhaust 3x8)
incline db press 3x8
incline db flyes 2x20
flat db bench 3x8
barbell curls:1x12,1x10,1x8,1x6,1x4
seated incline db curls: 2x8
single arm db preacher curls 2x10

Tuesday

barbell squats: 1x12,1x10,1x8,1x6
leg extension/leg press supersets: 3x12
stiff legged deadlifts 1x12, 1x10,3x8
standing calve raises 3x8 dropsets

wensday
rest & light cardio

thursday

military press:1x12,3x8
seated dbpress:3x6
ab lat raise/front raise supersets 2x10
skull crushers 1x12 3x8
rope press dwons 3x8

friday
deadlifts 1x10 1x8 3x6
barbell row 1x10 1x8 1x6
wide grip pulldwon 2x10
db shrugs 1x12 1x10 3x8

saturday
rest

sunday
boxing techniques enhancement

on monday and tuesday i also do light boxing techniques but not as much

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 19:21:39

At 8/8/04 06:59 PM, boxer101 wrote: i wanted to know what is your workout routine for your martial art mine is this...

I already told you mine... though, I practice martial arts every day I can. Exercise wise and do what feels right to you. I just got a new machine from a friend called the Total Gym. It's great for increasing upper body strength, while still keeping flexible. I can even practice my blocks and punches with it.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 19:53:17

At 8/8/04 07:21 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
I already told you mine... though, I practice martial arts every day I can. Exercise wise and do what feels right to you. I just got a new machine from a friend called the Total Gym. It's great for increasing upper body strength, while still keeping flexible. I can even practice my blocks and punches with it.

i always wanted one of those total gyms thingys i always see them on t.v but i never thought it worked and i nno u told me urs already but i wanted to know other pppl routines like that i get a genreal idea of ppl workouts so i know if im doing to much or to little

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 20:00:10

semi what do you think of my routine ??

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 20:28:20

At 8/8/04 06:05 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
Welcome to the Club. Could you give us some Insight on how you teach your class? And how many years of experience do you have In martial arts for each style?

It's not my class, I am an assistant instructor. I think I've been active in karate for more than six year, but some of those were when I was much younger, and there was a long period when I was in no class and didn't practice.
As an instructor I teach kids from six to thirteen years old in all things from kata, self-defense, and other techniques. I also lead exercises.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 20:29:01

At 8/8/04 08:00 PM, boxer101 wrote: semi what do you think of my routine ??

If it's working for you, and not hurting yourself then I think it's great. But try and work on your boxing skills everyday. That doesn't mean punching drills eveyday, it means; makeing new punching, blocking, and doging combos and strategies, Practicing and perfecting the combos, and if you want to work on your focus I recommend deep breathing and meditation exercises. While meditating remain still, Ignore your surroundings, and think about somthing peaceful. try it for 30 minutes a day and see what it does for you. It works quite well for me.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 20:32:42

I'd been honored to join your clan the martial arts is my life I've trained my whole life and gained much wisdom through my experiances and reason.
For referances on my exsperiances in the martial arts look in my profile.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 20:37:38

At 8/8/04 08:29 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
At 8/8/04 08:00 PM, boxer101 wrote: semi what do you think of my routine ??
If it's working for you, and not hurting yourself then I think it's great. But try and work on your boxing skills everyday. That doesn't mean punching drills eveyday, it means; makeing new punching, blocking, and doging combos and strategies, Practicing and perfecting the combos, and if you want to work on your focus I recommend deep breathing and meditation exercises. While meditating remain still, Ignore your surroundings, and think about somthing peaceful. try it for 30 minutes a day and see what it does for you. It works quite well for me.

ok im goign to try this meditaions business but isnt taking a 30 mintue nap better cuz i been doing those for a whiel now and when i wake up i feel greta

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 20:42:40

At 8/8/04 08:28 PM, Blackberry_Clock wrote:
At 8/8/04 06:05 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
It's not my class, I am an assistant instructor. I think I've been active in karate for more than six year, but some of those were when I was much younger, and there was a long period when I was in no class and didn't practice.
As an instructor I teach kids from six to thirteen years old in all things from kata, self-defense, and other techniques. I also lead exercises.

I see... Do they call you Sempai or Sensei by any chance? and what is your favorite part of karate, or do you have a favorite?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 20:46:26

At 8/8/04 08:32 PM, samurai_320 wrote: I'd been honored to join your clan the martial arts is my life I've trained my whole life and gained much wisdom through my experiances and reason.
For referances on my exsperiances in the martial arts look in my profile.

Welcome to The Martial Arts Club. Prove youself to be a true martial artist to become an Elder. If what your profile says is true, then you should have no problem.

***bows in respect***

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-08 21:57:05

At 8/8/04 08:42 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
I see... Do they call you Sempai or Sensei by any chance? and what is your favorite part of karate, or do you have a favorite?

Neither, in the class instructors are addressed as Mr. "whatever".

Sparring is definitely the best.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 08:31:21

does anybody have an idea I could get flexible in 3 days?? becasue i am a soccer goalie but i didnt really care for soccer that much but now ive been scouted to play for u-16 all star tournament and well since i do wieghts i am not thta flexible like i cant touch my tows without bending my knees any reaplys will prove to be help

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 10:41:38

At 8/9/04 08:31 AM, boxer101 wrote: does anybody have an idea I could get flexible in 3 days?? becasue i am a soccer goalie but i didnt really care for soccer that much but now ive been scouted to play for u-16 all star tournament and well since i do wieghts i am not thta flexible like i cant touch my tows without bending my knees any reaplys will prove to be help

Sorry, but flexability doesn't come over night or in 3 days. The only advice I know to givive you is; stop heavy weight training and focus on stretching exercises. Man you're gonna be sore for a while...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 11:08:42

Sorry, but flexability doesn't come over night or in 3 days. The only advice I know to givive you is; stop heavy weight training and focus on stretching exercises. Man you're gonna be sore for a while...

ill try lossing the weights but i dont hik it do much for thrree days do you think you could give me some streching exercises

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 13:41:50

At 8/9/04 11:08 AM, boxer101 wrote:
ill try lossing the weights but i dont hik it do much for thrree days do you think you could give me some streching exercises

I don't think you'd know any of the exercises that I reccomend and I don't have a camrea to show you... well here are a couple of themfor the heck of it...

while on the floor; Leg lifts, push ups, back bends, crunches, Samrai seated position, right, left, and center leg reaches, and opposite hand leg reaches.

while standing; bow/archer stance, Okinawin stance, left, right, center, and opposite hand leg reaches, hip twists, and deep front and back stances.

I'd try posting a forum if I were you... Gomensai...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 14:55:16

thnaks semi but i only no the pull ups and the crunches thta u are tlaking about i also try doing handstnd push ups so it is harder because normal push ups are tooe asy for me

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 21:16:15

At 8/9/04 10:41 AM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
At 8/9/04 08:31 AM, boxer101 wrote:

No you don't need to stop weight lifting, but stretch before and after your work out for better flexibility.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 21:39:49

At 8/9/04 09:16 PM, samurai_320 wrote:
At 8/9/04 10:41 AM, Semi-Shinro wrote:
At 8/9/04 08:31 AM, boxer101 wrote:
No you don't need to stop weight lifting, but stretch before and after your work out for better flexibility.

You may be right about that.... He want to be really flexible in three days... That's a pretty hard task don't you think. By the way, Your new sig is ready and it looks awesome. Upon further review of your bbs posts I'd like to invite you to the Elders council. Just put a link in your signature to this forum.

Thanks for your time,

***bows in respect***

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 22:03:01

anyways does more sleep mean more energy i usllay go to bed at 1:00 am and then wake up 8:00 am and i get about 1 hour of naps during the day soo if i take 3 more hours of sleep that i would get a 0.39% incrasie in energy will this work??

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 22:18:15

At 8/9/04 10:03 PM, boxer101 wrote: anyways does more sleep mean more energy i usllay go to bed at 1:00 am and then wake up 8:00 am and i get about 1 hour of naps during the day soo if i take 3 more hours of sleep that i would get a 0.39% incrasie in energy will this work??

I don't know... 9 hours is recomended but do whatever you feel is right. Some people can live with 2 hours of sleep daily. I can't but still. does anyone else have an oppinion on this?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 22:26:48

What is your favorite kata and why do you like it?

(yes this is adressed everyone.)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 23:17:08

At 8/9/04 10:26 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: What is your favorite kata and why do you like it?

Basai and Mass Attacks, because they are more advanced kata.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-09 23:32:40

At 8/9/04 11:17 PM, Blackberry_Clock wrote:
At 8/9/04 10:26 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: What is your favorite kata and why do you like it?

Basai and Mass Attacks, because they are more advanced kata.

Interesting... Do you know the meaing of kata? It means fighting multiple imaginary opponents in a pre set situation. Common examples are Seisan, Seiuchin, etc. Mass attacks sound like special techniques. If you disagree explain yourself.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-10 04:29:28

Mantis has very few forms, or katas as you refer to them in Karate. I believe there are only 3, and they are 2-man fighting forms. Each partner learns one side and then they learn the other one. It is almost like a choreographed fight, but you are actually attacking the other person. If one of you screws up, that person usually get hit. We practice forms this way in our style because we believe it to be more like real world fighting scenarios. We only practice exercises in class that have direct fighting applications (no jumping jacks or stuff like that).

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-10 13:37:25

At 8/9/04 11:32 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:

Interesting... Do you know the meaing of kata? It means fighting multiple imaginary opponents in a pre set situation. Common examples are Seisan, Seiuchin, etc. Mass attacks sound like special techniques. If you disagree explain yourself.

What are you talking about? Do you think I don't know what a kata is? : ) .. Mass Attacks and Basai are both kata.

Oh and I know Seiuchin--a Goju form.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-10 13:52:05

At 8/10/04 01:37 PM, Blackberry_Clock wrote:
At 8/9/04 11:32 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote:

What are you talking about? Do you think I don't know what a kata is? : ) .. Mass Attacks and Basai are both kata.

Oh and I know Seiuchin--a Goju form.

What style is Mass Attacks and Bassai? I'd like to look them up, Strangly i've never heard of them......

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-11 10:15:54

Hello, hello.
I'm back now and I see that the world on this side has not collapsed yet...

Boxer, I said in my first post that I trained TKD WTF for 2½ years, but I have been training independently(sp) for 4 years.

Flexibility? Haha, I could write an essay about this.
I can do the complete sidesplits, frontsplits, standing sidesplits and standing frontsplits.
I regulary stretched 3 days a week for 1½ year in the dojo (in class) then I decided to become really flexible, and it took me 3 weeks to do the sidesplits (I had a few inches left).
Stretch basicly... everyday, and blend it with your workout.
Before, during and after your workout. The best result is gained -after- your workout, but that doesn't mean you should skip stretching before and during.
Work hard and you will achieve ^_^

My routine?
Well, I dont have any standard routine.
When I feel like working out, I practice my techniques and then do whatever exercise I feel for.
However, I have a few regular ones I have as a goal to do at every workout.
I'm currently doing the Air Alert III-program (3 times a week) and a few ab-routines (3-4 times a week).

However, at every workout I do:
- 100 roundhouses (each leg)
- 150 sidekicks (each leg)
- 80 high roundhouses
- 200 punches (about 50-100 of every kind... straight punch, backfist, hammer fist, and so on...)

After that, I do anything I feel I need to train further on.

*bows* Dewa mata!