00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CloudSavage just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help of an AI in making song

373 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-12 13:43:56

Hello!

I would like to ask, how much AI can be used while making music?

I'm asking this question because I used AI to help me with text for one of my songs. Some parts of the text were changed by me to be closer to what i wanted and the melody for this song was made by me without any use of AI.

If it were to be uploaded/posted here, would it break any rules?

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-12 21:43:36

At 3/12/24 01:43 PM, Witcherchan wrote: Hello!

I'm asking this question because I used AI to help me with text for one of my songs. Some parts of the text were changed by me to be closer to what i wanted and the melody for this song was made by me without any use of AI.

Man, it's gonna be insane living in a world dominated by AI.

AI-Generated anything is a big no-no at NGs. I wouldn't touch it at all.

My art

BBS Signature

At 3/12/24 01:43 PM, Witcherchan wrote: Hello!

I create my AI vocals by simply changing my voice so that there is variety and my funny voice cannot be heard, lol. as far as I know, this is not prohibited, I have repeatedly pointed out that I use the RVC GUI, and nothing, these audios even got on the Frontpage, so I do not think that the use of AI is prohibited on NG, if you use it for some major work, rather than just AI generating a complete song and uploading it to an audio portal. although even this is stated in the NG rules that partial use is allowed

At 3/13/24 12:47 AM, G2961 wrote: I create my AI vocals by simply changing my voice so that there is variety and my funny voice cannot be heard, lol. as far as I know, this is not prohibited, I have repeatedly pointed out that I use the RVC GUI, and nothing, these audios even got on the Frontpage, so I do not think that the use of AI is prohibited on NG, if you use it for some major work, rather than just AI generating a complete song and uploading it to an audio portal. although even this is stated in the NG rules that partial use is allowed

Woah woah woah

You can do that? That could be the answer I’m looking for on adding my voice to my music without it sounding too much like… my voice (pitchy, lots of cracks, etc.)

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

At 3/16/24 02:14 PM, OVERSCORE wrote:
At 3/13/24 12:47 AM, G2961 wrote: I create my AI vocals by simply changing my voice so that there is variety and my funny voice cannot be heard, lol. as far as I know, this is not prohibited, I have repeatedly pointed out that I use the RVC GUI, and nothing, these audios even got on the Frontpage, so I do not think that the use of AI is prohibited on NG, if you use it for some major work, rather than just AI generating a complete song and uploading it to an audio portal. although even this is stated in the NG rules that partial use is allowed
Woah woah woah
You can do that? That could be the answer I’m looking for on adding my voice to my music without it sounding too much like… my voice (pitchy, lots of cracks, etc.)

you can download this program from official site and models for it yourself from the AI Hub (discord server).

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-16 14:31:55

siiiiigh...

You have your own brain you know?

Check out this Average Joe!

BBS Signature

From the audio portal guidelines:

"AI Music

Please do not share AI (made by machine learning algorithm) music here.

If your song was generated via AI, we do not consider this your own original work and you should not share it here. Subtle use of AI is acceptable, for example if you are using AI-generated components as part of a larger original composition."

AI generated music is not allowed. AI assisted works are in a gray area. A lot of people here are highly critical of AI, so be aware you may get a very negative response from people, even if it is technically enough of a percentage your own work to be allowed.

BBS Signature

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-16 19:20:09

At 3/16/24 05:01 PM, tydaze wrote: From the audio portal guidelines:

"AI Music

Please do not share AI (made by machine learning algorithm) music here.

If your song was generated via AI, we do not consider this your own original work and you should not share it here. Subtle use of AI is acceptable, for example if you are using AI-generated components as part of a larger original composition."

AI generated music is not allowed. AI assisted works are in a gray area. A lot of people here are highly critical of AI, so be aware you may get a very negative response from people, even if it is technically enough of a percentage your own work to be allowed.

Based Tom Fulp

BBS Signature

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-17 00:34:55

I don't think anyone is going to mind if the lyrics themselves were made with AI. Disclose it, but it's not going to land you in hot water because it's not the main focus of the song. It's not the same thing as creating backing tracks, melodies etc. using AI.

And anyone who complains about lyrics being too much AI for NG should probably offer to write the lyrics for OP because clearly they have too much time on their hands than they know what to do with.

At 3/16/24 02:31 PM, Jojo wrote: siiiiigh...

Oooh, is it being a snarky asshole time? Fun!

I know that AI isn't capable of replacing the human brain, but I think nobody would notice if your account got taken over by chatGPT, since it looks like you didn't bother using yours to answer their question in any actual capacity!

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-17 00:49:21

At 3/17/24 12:34 AM, Gimmick wrote: I don't think anyone is going to mind if the lyrics themselves were made with AI. Disclose it, but it's not going to land you in hot water because it's not the main focus of the song. It's not the same thing as creating backing tracks, melodies etc. using AI.

And anyone who complains about lyrics being too much AI for NG should probably offer to write the lyrics for OP because clearly they have too much time on their hands than they know what to do with.

I know that AI isn't capable of replacing the human brain, but I think nobody would notice if your account got taken over by chatGPT, since it looks like you didn't bother using yours to answer their question in any actual capacity!

Jesus, Gimmick! Calm down lol

Friendly fire!

BBS Signature

I'm not sure if OP would let me do it since I was a bit of a snarky asshole, I'll admit. But fuck it; I'll write the lyrics. I can put my money where my mouth is.

I genuinely believe people underestimate themselves.

BBS Signature

At 3/17/24 01:04 AM, Jojo wrote: I'm not sure if OP would let me do it since I was a bit of a snarky asshole, I'll admit. But fuck it; I'll write the lyrics. I can put my money where my mouth is.

I genuinely believe people underestimate themselves.

Actually... I don't believe I'm going in hard enough. I will sing these written lyrics as well. I'm all-in now.

P.S. Your first track is actually really good, OP. I apologize for the rudeness.

I don't disregard what I said though, just how I said it.

BBS Signature

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-17 08:27:08

I just recently discovered an AI music site and been playing around with it. For me it's a fantastic tool to use to get vocals on my tracks, as I have no one to sing or hum or anything on my tracks besides myself and I can't sing at all.

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-17 11:25:01

Me reading more about how people are willingly surrendering their creativity to robots. I don't usually get negative, but I'm gonna be honest, I'm disappointed... All this AI BS has done is make me realize it's time to start going harder myself.

iu_1176431_9692889.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-17 13:43:46

At 3/17/24 12:49 AM, Jojo wrote:
At 3/17/24 12:34 AM, Gimmick wrote: I don't think anyone is going to mind if the lyrics themselves were made with AI. Disclose it, but it's not going to land you in hot water because it's not the main focus of the song. It's not the same thing as creating backing tracks, melodies etc. using AI.

Friendly fire!

Sorry. Looking at it again I went too far. I really woke up and decided to choose violence yesterday lol

At 3/17/24 11:25 AM, Jojo wrote: Me reading more about how people are willingly surrendering their creativity to robots. I don't usually get negative, but I'm gonna be honest, I'm disappointed... All this AI BS has done is make me realize it's time to start going harder myself.

Eh, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. You could make the same argument by saying that anyone who's collaborating with someone else to write lyrics would be doing the same thing, and that they could one-man it all, but that would make no sense.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-17 13:52:50

At 3/17/24 01:43 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 3/17/24 12:49 AM, Jojo wrote:

Friendly fire!
Sorry. Looking at it again I went too far. I really woke up and decided to choose violence yesterday lol

At 3/17/24 11:25 AM, Jojo wrote: Me reading more about how people are willingly surrendering their creativity to robots. I don't usually get negative, but I'm gonna be honest, I'm disappointed... All this AI BS has done is make me realize it's time to start going harder myself.
Eh, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. You could make the same argument by saying that anyone who's collaborating with someone else to write lyrics would be doing the same thing, and that they could one-man it all, but that would make no sense.

I just really don't wanna see my fellow humans grow even further disconnected by being too afraid to either reach out for help, or to even acknowledge their own potential within, a power so amazing, that they would never dare dream of surrendering that power to a robot. I am glad this debate resolved peacefully though as I not wish to hold any malice towards another man, only towards the machine that some seem so eager to have entirely replace us instead of just being used merely as a tool.

BBS Signature

Response to Help of an AI in making song 2024-03-17 13:55:37

I would say this is proper use of an LLM.

Regardless of if it is allowed or not I don't think it should be frowned upon, since all you're doing is basically filling the blank page with garbage to use as a starting point from which you can just connect the dots and come up with your own meaning behind the random shapes it threw at you. That could even help you feel more confident and you could start on your own next time.

It is only wrong when you let it do everything for you, because you wouldn't've taken any part in the process you couldn't really call it your own creation.