00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AsternFredAnimations just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

There is speedpaint exist but why speed composing isn't exist?

320 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I learned drawing from those speedpaint

I needed to learn about compose but I couldn't find any video that did speed composing

random people with random opinions.

they are not interested to see your art, they just come to see it and gone.

BBS Signature

You can't see music, and you wouldn't have too much time to process what's happening if the footage is sped up 4x. Most importantly, because speeding things up usually distorts sound, you would not be hearing anything in its intended quality texture or tone, which would make it a pretty useless learning resource. I assume it would also be incredibly boring to look at.

A similar genre to speedpaints for music making are those "doing a song under X amount of time" videos that I often find floating around in youtube. They can be informative sometimes but since they're mostly done for entertainment purposes they're not really a reliable learning resource. Here's an example of such video that I looked up just now.

Really I think you should just try to dissect compositions that you like and try to understand what makes them sound good and apply whatever things you learn in your own work. Watching is not doing.

This might be old but it's one of those videos that convinced me you don't have to limit yourself to EDM and HipHop when you only have FL Studio!

BBS Signature

At 2/13/24 01:04 PM, Czyszy wrote: This might be old but it's one of those videos that convinced me you don't have to limit yourself to EDM and HipHop when you only have FL Studio!

tfw moonlighting, Variations on Endless Handbag, and anything in my Classic Rock submissions were done on FL Studio

Easiest way to Speed-Compose is just through recording live performances. Whether that's down to instrument recordings or recording synth/library outputs live with a MIDI Keyboard is down to the end-user. Being able to improvise pieces through live performances/recording is an extremly useful skillset which can allow someone to create a fairly quality full track potentially in under an hour (assuming they're either using a ready-to-go template, and/or have processing chains specifically catered to handling their live-recordings as quickly as possible).

I may do a speed-composition video in the future when I get around to doing a second youtube channel .

| Multi-Genre Composer, Main Preferences Are Atmosphere Crafting & Technical Detailing/Palettes | Audio Portal Moderator |

| FREE Audio Resources List For Composers | NG Audio Pub Discord | NG Audio Iceberg Challenge | Follow These Legends! |

BBS Signature

I've never seen it, but I kinda do want to see it now!

I'm adding this to the folder marked "Ideas for content that I will never get round to doing"

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

If I remember to do it, next time I make an album-a-day I will record the whole process, speed it up and use it as the music video for the album.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

This might be a bit related in terms of speed but there are people who speedrun making music some even less than a minute. But if thats not your thing there are albums such as All Nighter Vol 1-7 where people make music in a day, Maybe that could be your thing.

Artist please check out my art, and musician please check out my music.

BBS Signature

There's this thing called "one hour compo", where people are competing to make the best song in 1 hour, usually has some additional rules to make it more interesting etc.

BBS Signature

At 2/17/24 10:27 AM, TheJayJay wrote: If I remember to do it, next time I make an album-a-day I will record the whole process, speed it up and use it as the music video for the album.

That's the very definition of speed composing. You're a freaking cut above dude!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature