00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rott1ngBra1n just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Mall Music Collab

6,842 Views | 65 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_1145017_1.png

Art by ME

What is NG Mall Music Collab?

I thought it would be a fun idea to make a soundtrack for a fake Newgrounds mall, that's about it. You could say just an elevator/lounge music collab but its more fun to have a concise idea with it. Elevator music (or the easier term Muzak) can mean a wide range of things. There's the 60s Bossa Nova style, the 80s workout vibes, the 90s late night sound with glassy EPs.

Think about what "mall music" means to you, and make it into a song. Sometimes muzak is just an instrumental cover of an existing song, and I say that could work here too. If you want to try to make a Bossa Nova version of the Tankmen theme song that would be cool.

Here is a YouTube playlist I made of some good examples or references (some are just songs not made for muzak in mind but you get the idea).

How do I join/submit?

I'll try to make it as easy as possible, so if you wanna join all you gotta do is DM me your track via Dropbox, WeTransfer or Google Drive, You don't need to join a server specifically for this project. Once the collab is finished and released you can just post it whenever you want, I'll be combining them all into one long track with some background stuff for added ambience.

If you want to collaborate with others or need help with something I recommend joining the

NGAP Collab Center Discord Server: (Link)

REQUIREMENTS:

• To reiterate, think about what "Mall Music/Elevator Music/Muzak" means to you, and make it a song.
  • Your track must be no longer than 3 minutes and 30 seconds. In general Muzak is typically pretty short, probably 2:30 to 3 minutes. it focuses on catchiness and trying blend into the noise if that makes sense.
  • Track must be a 16-bit WAV File format. I know Newgrounds only allows MP3s so it sounds pointless, but its for mixing sake.
  • After the collab is released and you want to post your single to NG, tag with "NG-Mall-Collab". It's so I can add it to a playlist.
  • Nothing A-rated. I don't know how you'd do that but thought I'd just state it now.
  • That's it.

Does it have to be a song?

Well, no, it can be whatever. If you want to make a art piece or something of a Newgrounds Mall, go for it. Just tag it with "NG-Mall-Collab" and Ill add it to the playlist. Just post after the finished collab is out.

Deadline is FEBRUARY 15TH.

If I missed anything or you got questions feel free to ask away, I work a lot but I'll eventually get to answering them.

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-11 08:29:34

Sounds like a neat idea to begin improving in music (i'll probably make some art too)

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-11 22:17:35

Super excited to give this a shot, sounds like so much fun

Charl

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-13 00:04:21

Think about what "mall music" means to you, and make it into a song. Sometimes muzak is just an instrumental cover of an existing song, and I say that could work here too. If you want to try to make a Bossa Nova version of the Tankmen theme song that would be cool.

Thought I'd specify this, when I mean instrumental of existing song, I feel for this collab don't just cover any song, cover Newgrounds famous tracks. Like chicken dance or anything related to NG.

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-13 08:47:25

It's really lovely that you're making a collab of your own. I'm not much of a musician, but i would like to say good luck with the collab.

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-14 07:42:16

Thank you, I will make a mall song for your collab.

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-14 11:01:02

Ooh I look forward to seeing what is made for this, I like this kind of music!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 00:15:15 (edited 2024-01-16 00:16:16)

OMG definitely gonna do this, sounds so fun!!!!

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 02:12:08

iu_1147626_1492121.gif

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 03:28:14

let's start making some elevator music i guess

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 04:26:09 (edited 2024-01-16 04:29:01)

i have almost no experience in music but i want to try

nvm just read all the text for collab i got it

yeah yeah

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 04:33:53

The promotional artwork is hilarious! :D

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 08:02:32

I'll participate! Perhaps it'll help me make music outside of my comfort zone, and make a finished project for once hah

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 08:11:46

At 1/11/24 02:40 AM, TeffyD wrote:
Art by ME

I thought it would be a fun idea to make a soundtrack for a fake Newgrounds mall, that's about it. You could say just an elevator/lounge music collab but its more fun to have a concise idea with it. Elevator music (or the easier term Muzak) can mean a wide range of things. There's the 60s Bossa Nova style, the 80s workout vibes, the 90s late night sound with glassy EPs.

Here is a YouTube playlist I made of some good examples or references (some are just songs not made for muzak in mind but you get the idea).

How do I join/submit?
I'll try to make it as easy as possible, so if you wanna join all you gotta do is DM me your track via Dropbox, WeTransfer or Google Drive, You don't need to join a server specifically for this project. Once the collab is finished and released you can just post it whenever you want, I'll be combining them all into one long track with some background stuff for added ambience.

If you want to collaborate with others or need help with something I recommend joining the

REQUIREMENTS:

Well, no, it can be whatever. If you want to make a art piece or something of a Newgrounds Mall, go for it. Just tag it with "NG-Mall-Collab" and Ill add it to the playlist. Just post after the finished collab is out.

If I missed anything or you got questions feel free to ask away, I work a lot but I'll eventually get to answering them.

Nice

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 08:37:14

Anyone need a VA for their project

AlexToolStudio voicing acting since 2023

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 09:04:44 (edited 2024-01-16 09:06:10)

i might make a song for this

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 09:24:51 (edited 2024-01-16 09:25:27)

Ngl I think it’d be really cool to bring some artists into this, if you did applications or smth you could have each artist draw like a store in or section in the mall or something like that. I’m a big mallcore fan so I definitely want to contribute if I can

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 09:26:24

wow i really need to learn how to read because i uploaded the mp3 to the audio portal

idk if you can still use this or if vaporwave is even what you're looking for but either way, here's what i made lol

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 10:06:25

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes vibes.

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 10:44:28

Art by ME

Very Unique collab idea!

I'll try to make an entry if I can :D

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 10:47:24

Very Unique collab idea!
I'll try to make an entry if I can :D

If anyone wants to help you can DM me

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 10:56:17

Definitely joining!

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 11:10:19

oh i am absolutely gonna participate in this :D!!!!!!!!

just a quick question, is it cool if i were to just use the file dump to send my entry? i mean i can use google drive, i just feel that that would also be a nice way to send things

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 12:26:00

At 1/16/24 11:10 AM, URAYsan wrote: oh i am absolutely gonna participate in this :D!!!!!!!!
just a quick question, is it cool if i were to just use the file dump to send my entry? i mean i can use google drive, i just feel that that would also be a nice way to send things

Sure that works too

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 12:26:33

At 1/16/24 09:26 AM, 12DAMDO wrote: wow i really need to learn how to read because i uploaded the mp3 to the audio portal
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1283924

idk if you can still use this or if vaporwave is even what you're looking for but either way, here's what i made lol

Ill allow it no worries

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 12:27:05

At 1/16/24 09:24 AM, Lolofyr wrote: Ngl I think it’d be really cool to bring some artists into this, if you did applications or smth you could have each artist draw like a store in or section in the mall or something like that. I’m a big mallcore fan so I definitely want to contribute if I can

This got way more attention than I was expecting lol, I can try to make an app when im off work today

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 12:27:45

At 1/16/24 08:37 AM, AlexToolStudio wrote: Anyone need a VA for their project

You can make your own thing too as like a “on sale” announcement if youd like

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 12:32:27

Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

Definitely joining, when is the deadline?

Vestik

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 12:53:50

think i could hit u up in ng dms with an idea for a song?

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 13:02:09

yknow, i haven't made any music in a while... i might try this.