00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

corentingoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Mall Music Collab

6,894 Views | 65 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 13:13:22 (edited 2024-01-16 13:25:12)

šŸ± I have such great memories of malls before eBay and Amazon killed them all. And Kmart and Walmart and well you get the picture

Granite Run was the best. 5 tokens for a dollar at Aladdinā€™s castle and they had punch-out, the OG mortal kombat, and all kinds of shooters.

Extant was okay but when you see ā€œdance dance revolutionā€ in an arcade you know their days are numbered

Memory is hazy and I canā€™t spell it but Picompson? They had a good mall as well. Too many old ladies in the department stores though. Hurts the vibe.

King of Prussia was good, but not the best, itā€™s a little overrated. Glad they are still around though

EDIT: oh Chambersburg had a mall but I never went inside, can anyone tell me what it was like?

sigh. Pennsylvania is rural as hell. Thatā€™s why God invented malls so we could all come together and be consumerist lemmings together with our cash.

If you have ever seen the movie Mallrats, that was my childhood

šŸ§‘ā€šŸŽØ

EDIT2: oh this is for artists not my nostalgia

Try this playlist of mall music from Dead Rising 1 which was a spoof on American malls from a foreign perspective. But PLEASE ignore the country music in the first song

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZpBm1mm4R4JHfY3_F8EbikhpNdXC7hiZ&si=sLf9l88L0YG5jYwz

hello

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 13:49:53

At 1/16/24 12:27 PM, TeffyD wrote:
At 1/16/24 09:24 AM, Lolofyr wrote: Ngl I think itā€™d be really cool to bring some artists into this, if you did applications or smth you could have each artist draw like a store in or section in the mall or something like that. Iā€™m a big mallcore fan so I definitely want to contribute if I can
This got way more attention than I was expecting lol, I can try to make an app when im off work today

Dude thatā€™d be awesome! Will definitely keep my eye out for it-

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 14:03:38

Iā€™m thinking 80s/Y2K style

Est. 2014, 2016 & September 2021

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 14:08:01

Is horror music allowed for this collaboration?

I ask because when I think of "Shopping Mall" I think of how lots of shopping malls have shut down and become abandoned. Due to the changing times with Internet shopping and the COVID-19 pandemic. Imagine walking into a huge dark structure with rows upon rows of closed stores. Tons of debris and broken glass on the floor. Maybe some wild plants are growing wherever there is sunlight through the broken ceiling. The whole place being a bastard child between modern day buildings/structures and ancient civilization ruins.

Now none of this applies to "Strip Malls". Open door places with store fronts facing a medium sized parking lot. Even in a ghost town that's not so creepy in broad daylight. Or maybe it can during night time?

Respect is earned, NOT inherited.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 15:06:23

At 1/16/24 12:53 PM, GreyscaleDex wrote: think i could hit u up in ng dms with an idea for a song?

Sure no problem

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 15:06:41

At 1/16/24 12:32 PM, vestik wrote:
At 1/11/24 02:40 AM, TeffyD wrote:
Art by ME

What is NG Mall Music Collab?
I thought it would be a fun idea to make a soundtrack for a fake Newgrounds mall, that's about it. You could say just an elevator/lounge music collab but its more fun to have a concise idea with it. Elevator music (or the easier term Muzak) can mean a wide range of things. There's the 60s Bossa Nova style, the 80s workout vibes, the 90s late night sound with glassy EPs.

Think about what "mall music" means to you, and make it into a song. Sometimes muzak is just an instrumental cover of an existing song, and I say that could work here too. If you want to try to make a Bossa Nova version of the Tankmen theme song that would be cool.

Here is a YouTube playlist I made of some good examples or references (some are just songs not made for muzak in mind but you get the idea).

How do I join/submit?
I'll try to make it as easy as possible, so if you wanna join all you gotta do is DM me your track via Dropbox, WeTransfer or Google Drive, You don't need to join a server specifically for this project. Once the collab is finished and released you can just post it whenever you want, I'll be combining them all into one long track with some background stuff for added ambience.

If you want to collaborate with others or need help with something I recommend joining the
NGAP Collab Center Discord Server: (Link)

REQUIREMENTS:

Does it have to be a song?
Well, no, it can be whatever. If you want to make a art piece or something of a Newgrounds Mall, go for it. Just tag it with "NG-Mall-Collab" and Ill add it to the playlist. Just post after the finished collab is out.

Deadline is FEBRUARY 15TH.

If I missed anything or you got questions feel free to ask away, I work a lot but I'll eventually get to answering them.
Definitely joining, when is the deadline?

February 15th

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 15:10:48

At 1/16/24 02:08 PM, JoeSketchConcepts-NG wrote: Is horror music allowed for this collaboration?

I ask because when I think of "Shopping Mall" I think of how lots of shopping malls have shut down and become abandoned. Due to the changing times with Internet shopping and the COVID-19 pandemic. Imagine walking into a huge dark structure with rows upon rows of closed stores. Tons of debris and broken glass on the floor. Maybe some wild plants are growing wherever there is sunlight through the broken ceiling. The whole place being a bastard child between modern day buildings/structures and ancient civilization ruins.

Now none of this applies to "Strip Malls". Open door places with store fronts facing a medium sized parking lot. Even in a ghost town that's not so creepy in broad daylight. Or maybe it can during night time?

I did say what ever comes to mind when you think of ā€œmallā€ so sure!

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 15:15:36

Art by ME

I thought it would be a fun idea to make a soundtrack for a fake Newgrounds mall, that's about it. You could say just an elevator/lounge music collab but its more fun to have a concise idea with it. Elevator music (or the easier term Muzak) can mean a wide range of things. There's the 60s Bossa Nova style, the 80s workout vibes, the 90s late night sound with glassy EPs.

Think about what "mall music" means to you, and make it into a song. Sometimes muzak is just an instrumental cover of an existing song, and I say that could work here too. If you want to try to make a Bossa Nova version of the Tankmen theme song that would be cool.

Here is a YouTube playlist I made of some good examples or references (some are just songs not made for muzak in mind but you get the idea).

How do I join/submit?
I'll try to make it as easy as possible, so if you wanna join all you gotta do is DM me your track via Dropbox, WeTransfer or Google Drive, You don't need to join a server specifically for this project. Once the collab is finished and released you can just post it whenever you want, I'll be combining them all into one long track with some background stuff for added ambience.

If you want to collaborate with others or need help with something I recommend joining the

REQUIREMENTS:

Well, no, it can be whatever. If you want to make a art piece or something of a Newgrounds Mall, go for it. Just tag it with "NG-Mall-Collab" and Ill add it to the playlist. Just post after the finished collab is out.

If I missed anything or you got questions feel free to ask away, I work a lot but I'll eventually get to answering them.

Ive read the statements and norms for it, i cant wait!!!

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 15:32:57

Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

Might need to draw BF and GF on a mall date...

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 18:59:10

i wanna try.

I write things bro

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 20:24:25

Might need to draw BF and GF on a mall date...

go for it!

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 21:16:26 (edited 2024-01-16 21:17:14)

I've never made music before, so this will be fun.

By the way, how much does FL studio cost?

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 21:24:14

At 1/16/24 09:16 PM, Beeply wrote: I've never made music before, so this will be fun.
By the way, how much does FL studio cost?

99$-499$ but you can use the trial version

Est. 2014, 2016 & September 2021

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-16 23:36:48

At 1/16/24 10:06 AM, happaxgamma wrote: OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes vibes.

true

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-17 07:52:54

I will try to cook something chill

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-17 08:12:05

At 1/16/24 03:06 PM, TeffyD wrote:
Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

February 15th

Is there a song limit?

Vestik

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-17 09:39:51

At 1/17/24 08:12 AM, vestik wrote:
Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

February 15th
Is there a song limit?

Oh i forgot about that, id say maximum 2 per person

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-17 09:51:38

At 1/17/24 09:39 AM, TeffyD wrote:
Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

February 15th
Is there a song limit?

Okay, thank you, don't forget to edit that into your original message then.

Vestik

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-17 10:07:08

At 1/17/24 09:51 AM, vestik wrote:
Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

February 15th
Is there a song limit?

I'm pretty sure he can't do that anymore. After 30 minutes, the posts are unable to be edited

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-17 10:56:00

Sounds fun. Do you want the audio file at a specific samplerate?

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-17 13:23:27

At 1/17/24 10:07 AM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote:
At 1/17/24 09:51 AM, vestik wrote:
Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

February 15th
Is there a song limit?
I'm pretty sure he can't do that anymore. After 30 minutes, the posts are unable to be edited

Oh wow, thank you, I learned something new!

Vestik

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-17 17:12:42

At 1/17/24 10:56 AM, Positron832 wrote: Sounds fun. Do you want the audio file at a specific samplerate?

preferably 48000, but 44.1 is fine too

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-19 19:55:22

Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

*Coconut mall music intensifies*

Do you like ghosts? Then Join Me!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-22 11:25:58

Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

Iā€™m all finished with my collab as you know, canā€™t wait for it to be released!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-22 11:27:06

Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

Feb 15, 2024

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-22 15:47:23

At 1/22/24 11:27 AM, Creeperforce24 wrote:
Art by ME

How do I join/submit?

REQUIREMENTS:

Feb 15, 2024

Appreciate it.

Vestik

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-26 12:56:28

Track sent!

Good luck putting this altogether šŸ„³šŸ˜Ž

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-01-30 17:54:37

He never said not M rated tho. hehehe.

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-02-06 20:32:52

At 1/11/24 10:17 PM, Charlmot wrote: Super excited to give this a shot, sounds like so much fun

Good luck! (:

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mall Music Collab 2024-02-11 12:25:03

At 1/16/24 02:08 PM, JoeSketchConcepts-NG wrote: Is horror music allowed for this collaboration?

Thatā€™s a unique way to look at it!

BBS Signature