00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maxbombolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

OC ARENA!!! throw some hands and run some fades in the OC Arena!!!

8,781 Views | 269 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 1/5/24 01:53 AM, MondoBilby wrote: [FIGHT ME]

Here's a reference of Camo Cat if anyone wants to fight him. His last attempt at fighting didn't really work out lol.

He's just a cat, so he fights like one (though he's a lot bigger than an average cat so it may have more impact). He does have guns, though they're all fake.

[BATTLE]

Pachka loves cats :P

iu_1146828_11974743.png

Home, its where I want to be

But I guess I'm already there

BBS Signature

At 1/14/24 11:12 AM, 53xy83457 wrote:
At 1/13/24 03:55 PM, SomeDoodles wrote:
At 1/12/24 07:32 AM, 53xy83457 wrote:
At 1/12/24 01:20 AM, SomeDoodles wrote:
At 1/4/24 11:40 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: [FIGHT ME]
[or me or me...]

I have A BIT of experience with THIS SORT OF THING so here're a few options.

HARD MODE

HELL MODE

53xy MODE

(took about ten minutes to find a mostly appropriate one for Mitch but I promise she'll behave herself this time)

More opponent options here. Also here's what the above characters look like not pixelated to all hell but one and a half of these weren't drawn by me so I'll be responding with the usual gifs whatever the case.
[BATTLE]
Damian (@53xy83457) VS Megadog (me)

This is the part where I'm usually supposed to say something, but I don't know what to say right now.
[BATTLE]
 Megadog (@SomeDoodles) vs Damian (me)
ROUND 2

Bonus: Doodles Damian (in one piece)
[BATTLE]

This is one of the silliest things I've ever made.
[BATTLE]
Megadog (@SomeDoodles) VS Damian (me)
ROUND 4

[BATTLE]

iu_1147056_11364755.gif

AHHHHH!

BBS Signature

[BATTLE]

I made @StevSteelEn and @53xy83457 's OCs fight each other cuz they both are brawlers.

iu_1147124_8406717.webp

(・∀・)

BBS Signature

At 1/15/24 03:58 AM, TheShokBlok wrote: [BATTLE]

I made @StevSteelEn and @53xy83457 's OCs fight each other cuz they both are brawlers.

That's so awesome, thank you!

Yeah, I've been meaning to teach that cat a thing or two. Can't get the ears right.

Nobody beats the 83457 and all that.

Patreon : Ko-fi : YouTube : Twitter

BBS Signature

[Battle]

Pachka (@PachkaNG) vs. Mason Rogers (me)

iu_1147146_9161595.webp

Just two guys with guns having a lil duel. What's the worst that could happen?

also [Fight Me]

Mason Rogers

iu_1147147_9161595.webp

Nothing too overpowered. Just an ordinary insomniac who's really good with guns. He's not one for physical combat but can still be quite a threat thanks to his robotic arm.

iu_1147148_9161595.png

Bonus: Pistol redesign from the top drawing cuz the ref sheet doesn't have it yet.

Somewhat Modest; Not the Smartest; One of the Oddest

BBS Signature

At 1/15/24 12:35 AM, SomeDoodles wrote:
[or me or me...]

HARD MODE

HELL MODE

53xy MODE

(took about ten minutes to find a mostly appropriate one for Mitch but I promise she'll behave herself this time)

More opponent options here. Also here's what the above characters look like not pixelated to all hell but one and a half of these weren't drawn by me so I'll be responding with the usual gifs whatever the case.
[BATTLE]

This is the part where I'm usually supposed to say something, but I don't know what to say right now.
[BATTLE]
ROUND 2

[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]
ROUND 4
[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]

Megadog (@SomeDoodles) VS Damian (me)

ROUND 6

iu_1147154_2348424.gif

BBS Signature

At 1/15/24 06:56 AM, 53xy83457 wrote:
[or me or me...]

HARD MODE

HELL MODE

53xy MODE

[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]
ROUND 2

[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]
ROUND 4
[BATTLE]
[BATTLE]
ROUND 6

Gotta give props to Damian. Dude doesn't know when to quit! XD

BBS Signature

At 1/15/24 06:58 AM, Levi0nL1ne wrote:
[or me or me...]

HARD MODE

HELL MODE

53xy MODE

[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]
ROUND 2

[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]
ROUND 4
[BATTLE]
[BATTLE]
ROUND 6
Gotta give props to Damian. Dude doesn't know when to quit! XD

dude is the indomitable spirit of humanity incarnate

guy who draws mechs and buns

[META]

might make a meta post of the current fighters so tell me where you think yours belong

iu_1147187_13862947.webp

At 1/15/24 09:45 AM, Calamancyy wrote: [META]
might make a meta post of the current fighters so tell me where you think yours belong

It was interesting to analyze, but I think Kinbari would be a rushdown character.

Kinbari abilities definitely don't go to Shoto style since she's not a proper fighter with a special technique or something, and Zoner didn't seem quite right either since that would mean keeping distance, and Kinbari is more of a Leroy Jenkins type. I thought about Grappler because of her tendencies to get near and sometimes tie her opponents, but considering the unpredictability of her actions and the over all use of her abilities in a real fight, Rushdown style seems more appropriate

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Sam is a zoner mostly, he isn't very strong, and heavily relies on attacking from far away. Not to mention, him being a war mage is because he was forced into the role and uses his skills more for self-defense. His water/ice magic is reflective of this, mostly because water is obviously less harmful and easier to control than fire, and ice is meant to freeze/stop the opponent.

Sam, however, isn't unfamiliar with combat, and can combine his gun with magic to either shoot a big water blast or fire a big icicle. Also, he can use water magic to dash forward and back to help control the distance between the opponent. And if pushed to the limit, Sam does know water-cutting, and can make his ice very sharp, and fire smaller icicles from his hands.

(Probably should have put this in my first post, but better late than never, I guess.)

(Ref incase you need it for graph, made by Didjargo)

iu_1147237_2436471.webp

Artist in training suffering from art block at your service

BBS Signature

First off, no I don't think I take this sort of thing too seriously, why do you ask?

Let's start with Damian / Damianne (might as well use the rumble sprites and keep things pretty). If I was to make a fighting game with my OCs, I'd take the one with all the guns and obviously make them a... grappler. Although this being what it is, they'll probably use their guns as guns a lot so let's stick her in between the two.

Betty is an allrounder but considering she'll run out of baseballs and beer bottles to throw eventually, lets move her down. She'll also probably get mad long before that and start swinging at the opponent like they're a piñata that owes her money so more rushdown than grappler.

Mitch defies classification.

Jane Pain has more shoto moves, largely sharing a moveset with Sagat, but being smaller, she's not afraid to climb the opponent like a monkey looking for a coconut. In this case the coconut is their head and she elbows the fuck out of it (the analogy has gotten away from me). Will therefore move her towards grappler.

Curby gets some zoner points since I apparently decided to give her a gun earlier (it's fine, she's from Texas or thereabout). Apart from that, she's a pure brawler. Get too close and you'll get a beak in the eye, find yourself on the ground you'll get a foot in the face (her name's CURBy after all). She's actually very nice, you just can't afford to fight clean when you look this delicious.

Marsha Law is full rushdown but, if you can't tell, I tend to like grapplers so maybe she pulls out that throw from Tekken where she expertly takes the opponent down only to punch them in the balls. Therefore I'll move her just to the right of Beck (he'd better watch himself).

iu_1147263_2348424.png

@Calamancyy, let me know if you want the sprites to tidy this up.

Otherwise, that's that then except SURPRISE!!

[FIGHT ME]

iu_1147262_2348424.webp

You may have already met Snowy here. Similar style to Marsha but with added Tai Lung pressure point bollocks.

Her agile feline form would almost certainly be more adept at putting the RUSH in rushdown but I'll position her to the right of Marsha because if you get caught in those claws, you're not about to get away anytime soon.

BBS Signature

[FIGHT ME]

iu_1147270_17195613.webp

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

At 1/15/24 01:22 PM, 53xy83457 wrote:
First off, no I don't think I take this sort of thing too seriously, why do you ask?

Let's start with Damian / Damianne (might as well use the rumble sprites and keep things pretty). If I was to make a fighting game with my OCs, I'd take the one with all the guns and obviously make them a... grappler. Although this being what it is, they'll probably use their guns as guns a lot so let's stick her in between the two.

Betty is an allrounder but considering she'll run out of baseballs and beer bottles to throw eventually, lets move her down. She'll also probably get mad long before that and start swinging at the opponent like they're a piñata that owes her money so more rushdown than grappler.

Mitch defies classification.

Jane Pain has more shoto moves, largely sharing a moveset with Sagat, but being smaller, she's not afraid to climb the opponent like a monkey looking for a coconut. In this case the coconut is their head and she elbows the fuck out of it (the analogy has gotten away from me). Will therefore move her towards grappler.

Curby gets some zoner points since I apparently decided to give her a gun earlier (it's fine, she's from Texas or thereabout). Apart from that, she's a pure brawler. Get too close and you'll get a beak in the eye, find yourself on the ground you'll get a foot in the face (her name's CURBy after all). She's actually very nice, you just can't afford to fight clean when you look this delicious.

Marsha Law is full rushdown but, if you can't tell, I tend to like grapplers so maybe she pulls out that throw from Tekken where she expertly takes the opponent down only to punch them in the balls. Therefore I'll move her just to the right of Beck (he'd better watch himself).

@Calamancyy, let me know if you want the sprites to tidy this up.

Otherwise, that's that then except SURPRISE!!

[FIGHT ME]

You may have already met Snowy here. Similar style to Marsha but with added Tai Lung pressure point bollocks.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/53xy83457/one-boop-paw-combusting-cardiac-attack
Her agile feline form would almost certainly be more adept at putting the RUSH in rushdown but I'll position her to the right of Marsha because if you get caught in those claws, you're not about to get away anytime soon.

With kaida, I have no fucking clue where she lies.

WhiteDummy wrote this.

that's me

BBS Signature

I reckon Agent would be mostly grappler with a lil’ rushdown on the side, he’s super reckless and “brute forcing” is always his go-to method (logic does not exist in his circuit board brain lol).

Camo Cat would be zoner, but maybe a little close to grappler if he doesn’t have any guns. He’s a lot more strategic than Agent, though that doesn’t mean he’s good at fighting.

(Reference images again as a reminder)

iu_1147429_17703774.png

iu_1147430_17703774.png

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

I don't really know what these types are. Could you tell me what they mean?

] MUCH IN COMMON

] AFTER ALL

BBS Signature

At 1/15/24 05:40 PM, TheJamarillo wrote:
I don't really know what these types are. Could you tell me what they mean?

BBS Signature

Cassie is definitely a rushdown fighter but also a bit of a grappler

Sarah is more-so in between shoto and rushdown

BBS Signature

Chelsea might fall under shoto, slightly merging into zoner zone cuz while she's primarily an assassin she can definetly still engange in a regular combat (mainly thanks to her speed and somewhat wide range of abilities)

Violet is definetly a rushdown character since she prefers to use her maximum amount of energy as much as she cans directly to her opponent before getting tired.

Chiko would be a grappler character since his main move is to confuse and trap his opponent with either illusions or tangible wires.

iu_1147506_12978769.webp

Speaking of which...

[FIGHT ME]

Throwing in yet another character:

This is Chiko, a japanese keyboard / guitar player and vocalist.

His abilities are basically the equivalent of a glitch / severe technological malfuncionent on reality, he adopts a very unpredicable personality, movement pattern and attack pattern.

When it comes to raw attacks, he can inflict a 2 minute illusion to his opponent, altough this is VERY energy consuming so he'll have to get the best out of it, I also mentioned the tangible cables primarily to trap or whip his opponent.

He can teleport in a small radius and generate energy shocks, wether they are long-ranged thanks to projectiles or close-ranged with his own fists and kicks, these are the most powerful when inflicted in a close-ranged fashion.

I think that's about it.

iu_1147507_12978769.webp

Hai art thread

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

[Fight Me]

Boquefeus is a melee angry man, he uses blades as well as normal hand to hand combat.

iu_1147519_9029654.webp

iu_1147518_9029654.webp

feelin good in the neighborhood!

BBS Signature

At 1/15/24 09:19 PM, DRsidequest wrote: [Fight Me]

Boquefeus is a melee angry man, he uses blades as well as normal hand to hand combat.

Hey, pretty cool char

BBS Signature

At 1/15/24 03:58 AM, TheShokBlok wrote: [BATTLE]

i forgot to reply to this, This is sick especially with the effects!

BBS Signature

This is a fun idea! I'd say Mason is probably teetering on the lines of the Shoto and Zoner archetypes, mostly leaning towards Shoto.

BBS Signature

[or me or me...]

HARD MODE

HELL MODE

53xy MODE

[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]
ROUND 2

[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]
ROUND 4
[BATTLE]
[BATTLE]
ROUND 6

[BATTLE]

Okay, this [BATTLE] may not be so much of a battle...

iu_1147740_11364755.gif

Megadog got so mad, he quit.

congratulations! You're the first person to beat Megadog.

AHHHHH!

BBS Signature

At 1/16/24 10:39 AM, SomeDoodles wrote:
[or me or me...]

HARD MODE

HELL MODE

53xy MODE

[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]
ROUND 2

[BATTLE]

[BATTLE]
ROUND 4
[BATTLE]
[BATTLE]
ROUND 6
[BATTLE]
Okay, this [BATTLE] may not be so much of a battle...

Megadog got so mad, he quit.
congratulations! You're the first person to beat Megadog.

Damian stands triumphant, just look how happy he is!

iu_1147762_2348424.png

Although I'm actually only the second person to defeat Megadog, this asshole beat me to it.

BBS Signature

Plz Destroy

- Friendly, but a bit annoying. Likes to interject live music with "YEE!"

- Can spit acid, but only when startled. Otherwise no offensive capabilities.

- Obligate herbivore.

iu_1147895_2809212.png

[FIGHT ME]

Well, about time i finally get into this.

Idk if a duo could be considered part of this, but eh, let's give it a shot.

Meet May and Mumble. A robot girl and whatever Mumble is supposed to be. You can find more info of them in their reference sheets!

iu_1148058_9123886.webpiu_1148059_9123886.webp

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

At 1/8/24 01:56 AM, OnceHere wrote: [FIGHT ME]

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/oncehere/lightning-bolt

Neauxva can:
- Create lightning from nothing
- Shape lightning into anything
- Fire laser blasts from her eyes
- Pinch stars into black holes
- Teleport
- Fly
- Float
- Revive
- Move and interact in any dimensions

Weakness:
- Always throws rock in rock-paper-scissors 100% of the time

[BATTLE] Neauxva (OnceHere) vs Beck (me)

iu_1148111_13862947.webp

At 1/17/24 01:58 AM, Calamancyy wrote:
At 1/8/24 01:56 AM, OnceHere wrote: [FIGHT ME]

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/oncehere/lightning-bolt

Neauxva can:
- Create lightning from nothing
- Shape lightning into anything
- Fire laser blasts from her eyes
- Pinch stars into black holes
- Teleport
- Fly
- Float
- Revive
- Move and interact in any dimensions

Weakness:
- Always throws rock in rock-paper-scissors 100% of the time
[BATTLE] Neauxva (OnceHere) vs Beck (me)

This is great!!! Thank you!!!!

At 1/10/24 11:04 AM, Chuw-Croissantier wrote: Throwin' another one to the grill!!

Emily Widget

"Mad Scientist"

Clever and strategic, she's not a physical fighter but use a lot of mechas designed for every situation, majority of them are dangerous so be careful! even mechless she can throw hands, she's incredibly strong but in a certain degree.

Her PK and Magic powers are not so strong soooo she can't do much when mechless except for... HIS SPECIALB... GUN (at least as last resort lmao)

I would share a ref of her mech but i'm not in home rn lmao (but you can find it here ;DD)

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/chuw-croissantier/deep-sea-prisoner-chapter-3

But welp, basically her mecha can shoot drills and even conduct electricity with them sooo you need to get far away of her drills as far you can and be careful if she sorrounds you with drills bc she can send you 34000 volts to your body ANDDD she can turn the mech hands on machine guns soooo yeah, v dangerous mech lmao

[BATTLE] Beck (me) vs Emily Widget piloting the Skull Gear Mk-1 (Chuw-Croissantier)

iu_1148645_13862947.webp

BETTER QUALITY VERSION: