00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ragdollchewy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you have old art you're proud of?

1,702 Views | 112 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-07 00:08:36

At 12/7/23 12:04 AM, War0nes wrote:
por que siento que ese "cameo" de goorsewox era para enviarselo pero no sabia como contactarla asi que se quedo entre mis archivos no lo se pero me gusta como quedo sigo orgulloso pero no entiendo lo de goorsewox

Muy interesante, me gusta lo que ven mis ojos.

very interesting, I like what I see

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-09 06:53:40

I would say this one, is almost 6 years old, it is not my best drawing but it is very significant for me because it was one of the first times that I started to color and apply color theory, since I was little I always drew with a pencil and that's it, everything What I drew was in black and white, using colors was something that seemed very complicated to me, but one day I tried color theory by studying and practicing over and over again. This drawing is from the beginning of that practice, that is why it is meaningful to me and I am proud of it.⭐

iu_1127299_18696326.webp

Hi :D, I hope you have a good day, if that is not the case I wish you the best so it gets better.⭐

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-09 10:44:20

At 12/9/23 06:53 AM, Serafin-corpse wrote: I would say this one, is almost 6 years old, it is not my best drawing but it is very significant for me because it was one of the first times that I started to color and apply color theory, since I was little I always drew with a pencil and that's it, everything What I drew was in black and white, using colors was something that seemed very complicated to me, but one day I tried color theory by studying and practicing over and over again. This drawing is from the beginning of that practice, that is why it is meaningful to me and I am proud of it.⭐

Wow, that's an amazing story. I can't imagine what it's like to grow as a child without colors in your creations. Not to mention the things in that drawing look very cool, and very well drawn

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-10 06:28:26

Oof I have a lot of them actually, the reason for me being proud of them isn't really tied to the quality, but rather the dedication I had for them, I love these cuz I worked really hard on them when I was younger. Here's a pair of the best I had In 2019. I wasn't really that serious about art at that time, but I still love them dearly.

iu_1127787_7613264.webp

iu_1127788_7613264.webp

I still use these characters lol

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-10 10:56:09

At 12/10/23 06:28 AM, TheRealManager7 wrote: Oof I have a lot of them actually, the reason for me being proud of them isn't really tied to the quality, but rather the dedication I had for them, I love these cuz I worked really hard on them when I was younger. Here's a pair of the best I had In 2019. I wasn't really that serious about art at that time, but I still love them dearly.

Well, for not being serious by drawing in that times, this pictures look very rad. Also, I think most of us tried at least once to make a comic cover

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 02:59:46

At 12/10/23 10:56 AM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote:
At 12/10/23 06:28 AM, TheRealManager7 wrote: Oof I have a lot of them actually, the reason for me being proud of them isn't really tied to the quality, but rather the dedication I had for them, I love these cuz I worked really hard on them when I was younger. Here's a pair of the best I had In 2019. I wasn't really that serious about art at that time, but I still love them dearly.

Well, for not being serious by drawing in that times, this pictures look very rad. Also, I think most of us tried at least once to make a comic cover

Comic covers are the most fun yet hard things to draw imo, especially when you don't understand what is supposed to go there, like I didn't.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 09:49:46

At 12/11/23 02:59 AM, TheRealManager7 wrote:
At 12/10/23 10:56 AM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote:

Comic covers are the most fun yet hard things to draw imo, especially when you don't understand what is supposed to go there, like I didn't.

One similar thing I did "recently" is a magazine cover. I'm not gonna share it here, because is the cover of a bondage magazine (so is A rated), but you can search it in my profile if you want

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 09:52:38

At 12/11/23 08:49 AM, unreghypercm wrote: these r from about a year ago. sometimes i reference them when i forget how to draw :? although i dont think id ever be able to do something like this again lmfao

I love these, they look super cool

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 16:09:50

i'm definitely guilty of feeling profound shame at old work so i think it says something when i look at a piece that's more than 2 years old and don't despise it

these pieces were both from around 2020 and while i don't love them or anything I don't hate them either! all i can remember is how fun they were to work on and how much i love drawing sparkly things

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 17:03:35

I think these two from a couple of years ago hold up pretty well, IMO, compared to other artworks from the time.

iu_1128453_8446305.webp

iu_1128454_8446305.webp

Shadow banned & only 98 followers. If you liked any of my art, I really could use some support. Please...

(I'm also LiquidFrogStudios on DeviantArt btw.)

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 17:26:52

At 12/11/23 04:09 PM, smashbrethren wrote: i'm definitely guilty of feeling profound shame at old work so i think it says something when i look at a piece that's more than 2 years old and don't despise it

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/smashbrethren/gbf-x-hnk-au

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/smashbrethren/refracted-lands-zine

these pieces were both from around 2020 and while i don't love them or anything I don't hate them either! all i can remember is how fun they were to work on and how much i love drawing sparkly things

I really like the composition for the second piece!

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 17:55:38

At 12/11/23 05:26 PM, SpikeyBlum wrote:
At 12/11/23 04:09 PM, smashbrethren wrote: i'm definitely guilty of feeling profound shame at old work so i think it says something when i look at a piece that's more than 2 years old and don't despise it

I really like the composition for the second piece!

awwww thank you! 💖💖💖 that was actually the part i focused the most on so im super glad you like it

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 18:27:26

At 11/30/23 11:24 PM, Skoops wrote: I spent a lot more time and effort per piece when I was looking for work and building a portfolio about six-ish years ago, so considering how everything I make for fun these days only takes a day or two, it looks like I was more skilled back then compared to now.

Nah the detail of the buildings in the first one is INSANE. Legit was like "dang we got a photographer in here?" while i was scrolling down.

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 18:29:09

At 11/30/23 11:42 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: Here are some few more drawings I found

Also, an storyboard for an animation I planned doing and never did

And some sketches of characters for a challenge I did were I had to do one character everyday during 50 days. You can see those in my IG

Kinda love the third one, just made me smile and i dont know why

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 18:36:33

At 12/4/23 06:35 PM, DozyMike wrote:
I still really like this piece, even if it's a lil messy

Was the most complex piece I had done at that point

Also made me realize I really drawing up creatures/monsters, should probably do a bit more of that lol

It's only a bit messy honestly, the creature and perspective is so good that it carries the whole piece super well.

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 18:45:39

At 12/6/23 05:22 PM, SpikeyBlum wrote:
At 12/2/23 10:27 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: Oh, I see, that's a shame
Well, the good news is that your response here encouraged me to start uploading to my account after reading it. So thank you for that.

One of the re-uploads is a tribute to the Cartoon Network palette meme from last year. It's one of my simpler projects but making it was one of the most fun experiences in recent years.

You captured the style well tbh I knew it looked familiar.

Also, definitely keep uploading. Your stuff rules.

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 18:55:49

This is an old old one from I'd say 2014 around that time? It's like a grand "Good vs Evil" clash with a ton of my characters from back in the day.

I forgot how long it took to do but I remember treating it as if it was like my magnum opus at the time. I think I even put it in my portfolio. And yeah, I still do really enjoy focusing on different parts whenever I go back to it.

iu_1128491_2903682.webp

My favorite parts are: Despite everyone being in a side view, I still wasn't even gonna attempt to draw noses yet. There's a few moments where a character's body would just cut off if they overlapped with someone in front cause I could not be fucked.

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 20:59:12

At 12/11/23 06:55 PM, urban-pyramid wrote: This is an old old one from I'd say 2014 around that time? It's like a grand "Good vs Evil" clash with a ton of my characters from back in the day.

I forgot how long it took to do but I remember treating it as if it was like my magnum opus at the time. I think I even put it in my portfolio. And yeah, I still do really enjoy focusing on different parts whenever I go back to it.

My favorite parts are: Despite everyone being in a side view, I still wasn't even gonna attempt to draw noses yet. There's a few moments where a character's body would just cut off if they overlapped with someone in front cause I could not be fucked.

That looks very cool

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 21:08:55

At 12/11/23 05:03 PM, LiquidFreakStudios wrote: I think these two from a couple of years ago hold up pretty well, IMO, compared to other artworks from the time.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/liquidfreakstudios/liquidia

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/liquidfreakstudios/corey-the-corpse-2

I like those pics. Dunno why, but I like 'em

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-11 21:38:29

These look super cool

BBS Signature

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-12 04:03:36

This is a banner that I drew like, four years ago (?) for my 5e campaign at the time, back when i was in high school and (still drawing on the blank side of note cards because a sketchbook was just *too much commitment* man). It's totally unrendered, and the perspective is mad shite, but I still dig the mood and the overall composition. The melancholy, the smoking, the rain and general dirtiness. The trench coats lmao (im a total sucker for noir if u couldnt tell and it makes me feel so lame)

These are all themes which still show up in my artwork today

This piece just has a lot of good memories associated with it, and I still like the piece

yeah fuck it. im proud of this!

iu_1128674_20260824.webp

This is a multimedia project I made back when I still put color into things and I was obsessed with deep fried memes

that was five years ago

The program I used was like. Adobe photoshop for the phone, using the auto crop feature which never worked the way you wanted it to, and a bunch of fuck weird filters

I really like this piece (its still my profile picture today on steam) just for how distorted and acidic this thing is

it brings that surreal dreamlike quality that I still seek out today

if good art is memorable then this is amazing art because this piece kind of has never left my subconscious

and I made it *five years ago*

I was never able to replicate this effect, even using the same shitty programs on my phone, and I dont have the project files anymore since I deleted that app

i have no idea how i made this

its haunting and beautiful and just a little shitposty

and it will never be made again

iu_1128675_20260824.webp

thank you for making this thread OP. going through my old art has brought back so many old memories, good memories. a reminder that, you know, maybe the past isnt all shit

life is all a mixed bag or something

philosophy idk

never my strong point

they told me it would eat my thoughts and leave me full of light

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-12 04:13:18

At 12/9/23 06:53 AM, Serafin-corpse wrote: I would say this one, is almost 6 years old, it is not my best drawing but it is very significant for me because it was one of the first times that I started to color and apply color theory, since I was little I always drew with a pencil and that's it, everything What I drew was in black and white, using colors was something that seemed very complicated to me, but one day I tried color theory by studying and practicing over and over again. This drawing is from the beginning of that practice, that is why it is meaningful to me and I am proud of it.⭐

i love these creature designs! they're so creative, so *sinewy*. i love how asymmetrical they are too, really adds to the uncanniness value

and of course the colors are great

crazy to think that u made that 6 years ago. thanks for sharing!

they told me it would eat my thoughts and leave me full of light

Response to Do you have old art you're proud of? 2023-12-12 10:42:19

At 12/12/23 04:03 AM, heavywithsecrets wrote: This is a banner that I drew like, four years ago (?) for my 5e campaign at the time, back when i was in high school and (still drawing on the blank side of note cards because a sketchbook was just *too much commitment* man). It's totally unrendered, and the perspective is mad shite, but I still dig the mood and the overall composition. The melancholy, the smoking, the rain and general dirtiness. The trench coats lmao (im a total sucker for noir if u couldnt tell and it makes me feel so lame)
These are all themes which still show up in my artwork today
This piece just has a lot of good memories associated with it, and I still like the piece

yeah fuck it. im proud of this!

This is a multimedia project I made back when I still put color into things and I was obsessed with deep fried memes
that was five years ago
The program I used was like. Adobe photoshop for the phone, using the auto crop feature which never worked the way you wanted it to, and a bunch of fuck weird filters
I really like this piece (its still my profile picture today on steam) just for how distorted and acidic this thing is
it brings that surreal dreamlike quality that I still seek out today
if good art is memorable then this is amazing art because this piece kind of has never left my subconscious

and I made it *five years ago*

I was never able to replicate this effect, even using the same shitty programs on my phone, and I dont have the project files anymore since I deleted that app
i have no idea how i made this
its haunting and beautiful and just a little shitposty

and it will never be made again

thank you for making this thread OP. going through my old art has brought back so many old memories, good memories. a reminder that, you know, maybe the past isnt all shit
life is all a mixed bag or something
philosophy idk
never my strong point

I love your 1st pic too, I like to represent those "dark" situations. I also like a bit the 2nd one, reminds me a bit of Dreamcore pictures. Also, thanks for your kind words, i'm always trying to make fun and sometimes reflexive threads for people to participate

BBS Signature