00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Feenixs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Toronto Meetup Recap

5,986 Views | 58 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Saturday was the NG Toronto Meetup and theater screening, organized by @NinjaMuffin99!

I drove up from Philly (with a stop at Niagara Falls on the way) and I’m glad I did; it was a great time with lots of great people!

Most of us met up at Christie Pits park ahead of the screening. There were so many people that I didn’t even get to say hi to everyone but I met people like @Aaron-Long, @TeraVex, @ConnorGrail, @Snackers, @Cadaver, @pollyanoid, @magibauble, @Pahgawk, @arkoirisangel, @Crashtroid, @JacksonTime and @octopus58 for the first time, along with classics like @Luis, @BrandyBuizel, @Droid, @coby, @Sevi, @Wandaboy and of course @NinjaMuffin99.

@spicycoffee was giving out stickers!

@Pahgawk was also giving out stickers printed by @vhsdreamland!

@BrandyBuizel was giving out stickers with this little guy:

iu_1039533_1.jpg

Photo by @Magibauble

iu_1039534_1.jpg

Me with @Aaron-Long and Kevin Doan, voice of Tangy Mustard.

iu_1039535_1.jpg

@TeraVex, me, @Crashtroid and @ConnorGrail

The OG award goes to @unknown34, creator of Final Fantasy Pits and a nice surprise to meet in the flesh!

@POSTBOY and @Seanatar were there and I didn’t even realize it until after it was all over.

After some mingling, the mob moved along to The Royal Theater for the screening. At this point @PsychoGoldfish joined the party, having missed the park because he was too busy working on the Art Portal ;)

iu_1039536_1.jpg

Photo by @Aaron-Long

iu_1039537_1.jpg

@NinjaMuffin99

NinjaMuffin99 took the stage and provided an introduction, after which we spent the next 90 minutes watching these:

With the screening complete, we left the theater and descended on the bar / restaurant next door for food and drinks. When that was done, most of the crowd continued on to a board game bar / restaurant but I’m getting on in years and it was time to turn in… After a quick visit with @Luis and @PsychoGoldfish at a pub up the street.

If you write a blog post about the meetup, tag it with TorontoMeetup2023 so we can find them all in one place! I’ll be cataloging posts here, as well. People have been posting lots of great stories and pictures so be sure to read them!

If you have pictures from the event, post them in this thread! I might update this with a full list of attendees but I haven't attempted to put that together yet; been playing catch-up this week and wanted to get this post up.

Blog posts about the meetup:

arkoirisangel

BobbyBurt

DIngusCola

Droid

elikapika

Hydroharp

Luis

mr-johnson22

NothanyTPM

pollyanoid

POSTBOY

Punkape

ryychii

SaruSkarrins

Snackers

spicycoffee

Other News

Winners of the Art Inspired Music Contest have been announced!

@MasterHand4444 has made a new Frontpage Blog post covering lots of cool things to see and hear on NG!

@Bleak-Creep has made a new Underrated Artists post!

@BrandyBuizel is hosting a Live Action Jam, mixing animation with film components!

August 3rd is the Underdog Audio Contest entry deadline.

August 7th is the House Music Collab deadline.

August 8th is the Usagi Art Contest deadline.

August 11th is the NG Summer Games.

August 15th is Clock Day!

August 20th is the Pass the Mic Collab and Paper Planet Art Contest deadline.

August 26th is Robot Day!

August 31st is the Bar Hopping Art Collab entry deadline.

September 22nd is Madness Day.

October 1st is the Dr. Good Halloween Animation Collab entry deadline.

October 13th is the October NG vs Boyfriend Audio Collab deadline.

November 20th is the Sega Saturn Collab deadline.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-01 23:11:26

I was really confused why I got tagged in the Toronto meet post LOL! Glad you've been enjoying the Frontpage Blogs, Tom; thanks for the feature!

Howdy and hello, folks :)

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-01 23:11:44

thanks for the mention!!! it was so awesome meeting you!!!

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-01 23:38:49

It was really great to meet you!!

I am a multimedia developer who makes music, programs, games, art, and more. Currently working on my operating system simulator ME-OS!

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-01 23:40:13

Nice seeing you again Tom! Next time I WILL have better conversation material :)

"eat shit" - yoda (in memorium)

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-01 23:46:34

Was so awesome to meet you! look forward to next year i will be 13 feet taller and wearing military gear. The proper attire to a meetup :)

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 00:14:32

It was great to say hi in person there! Now back to making stuff while we wait for the next one

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/potatoman/sexy-potatoman

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 00:44:25

I'm glad so many people thought the yanny stickers were cute :)

Kevin and Aaron were a fun duo to meet!

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 00:49:00

Nek0ai's blog post is from 2022 lawl :p

But they were there this year too!

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 00:57:17

A rare middle of the night news update. Top notch work.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 00:58:16

Sad I missed it! Was gonna try and make it out but then someone died and I had to be at a funeral instead. Looks like you guys had a great time, probably more fun than a funeral.

Also, thanks (cam, presumably?) for screening peck and peck 2! And fuckin zabujard that guy is nuts huh?

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 01:24:49

Holy cow!

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 01:55:51 (edited 2023-08-02 01:56:10)

This meetup was amazing was so nice meeting you all

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 02:00:52

"NewGrounds Animation" text all featured on that banner! Nooooo?!?! Looks good!

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 04:16:06

Had a great time! Looking forward to next year!

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 05:58:19 (edited 2023-08-02 05:59:06)

nice meeting everyone, old friends, new friends etc. It was also nice seeing stuff ive never seen before in that screening.

i also liked the custom stickers at these events. Makes you want to attend them all just for that.

kudos to the Cam guy for putting this together. Having done meets for years, the logistics of it can be challenging. Um i wish Toronto wasnt so hot.

See you at Hawaii meet. Thank u @cadaver for arranging it. Just kidding i have no vacation days left.

first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 08:52:03

Fun! If there's an Austin meetup someday I'll swing by.

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 09:48:53

Hell yes dude it was so cool to meet you and everyone there! Had such an unbelievably wicked time!! Thanks for coming out!

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 09:49:58

Thats so cool!!, all of you are amazing!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 11:12:23

Newgrounds sure is busy with all these events and contests, freaking love this place B)

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 11:33:50

im too late to go in there but it was really nice to see people who was in the meetup!

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 11:37:39

awesome event, wish I'd been able to come to more NG events in the past! so great to meet you Tom (and everybody else!)

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 12:54:59

Thanks so much for hanging out Tom! Was really refreshing and reinspiring seeing old and new friends... Always just what I need to fuel that fire of creativity.

Maybe Vancouver meetup next?

Check out my work here! Thanks in advance <3

https://linktr.ee/crashtroid

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 13:37:24

It was an absolute blast. It was great to meet everybody and paint the town on a Saturday night.

I am a musician and composer.

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 13:38:50

It was awesome meeting NinjaMuffin, and I had a great time at the theater! Unfortunately I had to leave early (around 7:30) to catch my train home, but I'm sure everyone else had a great time at the bar

Also I got a 7/11 slurpee on my way to the meetup so I unknowingly pulled up to the meetup looking like this:iu_1040081_11718640.jpg

I would go outside and touch grass, but unfortunately there's an obstacle known as

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 13:59:30

i cant wait until the day i visit a ng meetup!

my website roombaclock (google.com)

u\petir_greffin i'm peeking at you from my forum signature >:D

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 14:08:11

At 8/2/23 11:37 AM, Aaron-Long wrote: awesome event, wish I'd been able to come to more NG events in the past! so great to meet you Tom (and everybody else!)

Been tempted to try and make it to your Animation Block Party showing in Brooklyn but I'll be driving back from Wildwood that day, would be a tight squeeze... Looks like it will be cool though!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 14:37:49

At 8/2/23 01:24 AM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: Holy cow!

Did you get the chance to attend?

@fe3l1ngsk1lledd

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 14:40:25 (edited 2023-08-02 14:41:09)

At 8/2/23 02:37 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 8/2/23 01:24 AM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: Holy cow!
Did you get the chance to attend?

@fe3l1ngsk1lledd

Nah, I don't want to meet any strangers in real life, I'd rather stay safe online.

It's best to stay safe online, because some people are not who they seem to be.

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Toronto Meetup Recap 2023-08-02 15:00:41

I was there; it was nice to meet you. If you're wondering, I was the guy with the black leather jacket, black sketch book, and grey bag. I wish I went to the theatre.