00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

steveoir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jack the Box Collab - 40 years of House Music!

6,544 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

SUBMISSIONS WILL RUN FROM APRIL 14TH to JUNE 21st

"In the beginning there was Jack, and Jack had a groove."

Since it's start in 1983 upon the black nightclubs of Chicago, House music has gone on to become one of the staple sounds of Dance music. Even 40+ years after the first official House record was pressed, DJs still play House now to set up the dancefloor craze around the world.

The synopsis of the story follows the "Battle of the Eras". Music ranging from the 1980s all the way to the early 2010s.

Styles ranging from Deep House and Acid House to French House and Future Funk, many people dressed in different eras come and light up the dancefloor. The battle gets wild, groovy and hardcore. This show is curated by the man coming from the Shades of the Underground, DJ Chidow; and it becomes a wild mess when he gets on the tables and spins the music. How will the night go in this Warehouse Party?

MUZIQUE (Musicians/songwriters):

I challenge the musicians to make a House track using specific genre styles to your own fitting. Any person can make a house track of any subgenre and post it.

Just no mainstream stuff please. Anything that sounds like modern EDM. (Bigroom/Jump-up/Electro Dub House/anything 2-step/Dubstep/Brostep, etc.)

BPMs I will be working with is 120, 125, 130, 135 and 140.

Anything past that becomes Hardcore Breakbeat or straight Techno. 

Hard House and Gabber is fine. Tech House is okay as well.

The final product will be played out as a DJ mix, live in one take.

Examples of Accepted Genres:

80s (Chicago House, Acid House, Deep House, Hip-House)

90s (Tech House, Breakbeat House, Hard House, Gabber)

Y2k (Trance, French House, Disco House, Garage House)

10s (Future House, Future Funk, Bass House, Progressive House)

[PLEASE DON'T FEEL LIMITED TO DOING JUST ONE STYLE, BE CREATIVE.]

VOX (voice-actors/voice-overs/singers):

Vocalists and VAs can choose what track a musician posts to wanna hop on.

House music is all about SOUL and a Message. Write about how you feel or just about what House music means to you.

You can even have an uplifting track with a message if you want. Or even something like Daft Punk.

You can even do rapping on House tracks, *looks at Hip-House*.

Express yourself with all of your pride in writing to any track.

RULES:

Songs must be 5 minutes max, Minimum time is 3 minutes, Don't submit anything under 3 minutes, as it will be an issue coming up with going to mix it live. Make sure to keep within that time frame. If you go over no more than 30 seconds. Submissions can have at most 4-5 people, I will accept solo submissions as well if you wanna fly that way. You are limited to 1 Song post and 1 Collab invite for Musicians; and for Voice Acting/Singers, 4 Songs in total to be on.

BE CORDIAL AND RESPECTFUL.

SUBMISSIONS:

DM me a link to your submission on either Google Drive, WeTransfer, Dropbox or MEGA. The file needs to be a wave file [.wav] at 48kHz sample rate with bitrate of either 24 or 32-float. Title must be included in your song. Credit everyone who contributed. Make sure the usernames are spelled and capitalized correctly and credit them so it's apparent what role they played in the track. If you are unable to submit a wave file in this specific criteria, an .mp3 at 320kbps is accepted as well.

DO NOT MASTER YOUR TRACKS, leave -3 or -6 dB for mixing headroom as well as no effects on the master bus. Your submission will be denied if it peaks past 0dB.

Please hop in the Audio Portal Collab Discord Server for updates and discussion, The link will direct you to the channel dedicated to this collab.

"coming from the Shades of the Underground."

-EST. 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Jack the Box Collab - 40 years of House Music! 2023-06-03 09:20:13

UPDATE - June 3rd

WITH RECENT THINGS HAPPENING WITH MY LIFE, I HAVE POSTPONNED THE COLLAB DEADLINE TO THE END OF JULY.

For one, I was rushed into starting this Collab earlier than what was anticipated, so now I have to play damage control and get more people to hop on. I am aware of AIM and other collabs happening right now and I am willing to wait and get others in on this fun project. Please note, I am fine with people asking for help on making House music, I can guide you in the right direction. Please DM me about any questions, I am willing to help.

As stated before, NO MODERN EDM please. I made this collab to showcase other forms of House music other than Progressive/Festival , Trance, and Big Room House. Subgenres like Acid House, Deep House, Tech House, French House/Future Funk, etc. is fine. And since the 40th anniversary of House music is upon us I wanna make it be known that House is more than just a musical genre... issa feelin'.

iu_986846_5847316.webp

Artwork by the awesome AhWham!

-EST. 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Jack the Box Collab - 40 years of House Music! 2023-06-19 17:15:33

UPDATE JULY 19th

The banner has been updated to include the subtag of this collab "40 years of House Music"

iu_999823_10153774.webp

UPDATE - JULY 19th (actually July 19th) srry Wham.

If you're here from the frontpage, welcome!

For those who are new to what House Music is, allow me to share some track titles for you to look up on your spare time.

These genres and sub-genres count for this collab and are here for you to use to your advantage, don't be afraid to experiment and show off.

HOUSE MUSIC GENRES

Classic House (Deep House/Chicago):

Frankie Knuckles - Your Love

Larry Heard (Mr. Fingers) - Can You Feel It

Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body [The House Music Anthem]

Steve Hurley - Jack Your Body

Lil Louis - French Kiss

Acid House:

Phuture - Acid Tracks

Emanuel Top - Turkish Bazar

Armando - Land of Confusion

Sleezy D. - I've Lost Control

The Pump Panel - Ego Acid

Classic Techno (Detroit):

Joey Beltram - Energy Flash

LFO - LFO (Leeds Warehouse Mix)

Jeff Mills - The Bells

Derrick May - Strings Of Life

Jaydee - Plastic Dreams

Trance:

Union Jack - Two Full Moons & A Trout (Caspar Pound Mix)

Jam and Spoon - Age Of Love

Binary Finary - 1998

Three Drives - Greece 2000

Chicane - Saltwater

Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 (Dave Clarke Remix)

Hard House (Hardcore/Rave):

Novy vs. Eniac - Pumpin'

Lisa Lashes - Unbelievable

Nino - The Gun (I See It Around Me)

D' Livin' - Why?

Tom and Jerry (4hero) - Strings and Me

French House:

Daft Punk - Around the World

Stardust - Music Sounds Better with You

Alan Braxe and Fred Falke – Intro

Modjo - Lady

I:Cube - Disco Cubizm (Original Mix and Daft Punk Remix)

Future Funk:

Yung Bae - Bae City Rollaz

マクロスMACROSS 82-99 - Horsey

Skylar Spence (Saint Pepsi) - Practice

Desired - Special Love

The Disko Starz - Lounge Grooves

Vocal House (80s-90s):

Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman

Ce-Ce Peniston - Finally

Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam

Madonna - Vogue

Black Box - Everybody Everybody

Haddaway - What Is Love?

Pop House (Y2k-2010):

Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone

Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

Daft Punk - One More Time

Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)

Deadmau5 and Kaskade - I Remember (feat. Haley Gibby)

Obviously, I can't add a whole DJ's list of songs, but 5 max should be enough to interest anyone looking into these genres and sub-genres. Have fun making HOUSE MUSIC fire!

Much luv,

~ DJ CHIDOW

-EST. 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Jack the Box Collab - 40 years of House Music! 2023-08-06 18:16:06

When is the Deadline? sorry, I was reading all the posts and got confused about the final deadline. cus it sounds it's already over. I'm interested in making a house track.

Response to Jack the Box Collab - 40 years of House Music! 2023-08-06 21:32:31

At 8/6/23 06:16 PM, CorruptModule wrote: When is the Deadline? sorry, I was reading all the posts and got confused about the final deadline. cus it sounds it's already over. I'm interested in making a house track.

You have until August 7th at 11:59pm MST.

-EST. 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Jack the Box Collab - 40 years of House Music! 2023-08-06 22:42:28

At 8/6/23 09:32 PM, DJChidow wrote:
At 8/6/23 06:16 PM, CorruptModule wrote: When is the Deadline? sorry, I was reading all the posts and got confused about the final deadline. cus it sounds it's already over. I'm interested in making a house track.
You have until August 7th at 11:59pm MST.

Aight