00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stringbeanmachine just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Playlist Update

4,263 Views | 46 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Playlist Update 2023-05-04 09:12:17

Today we launched Phase One of a series of upcoming playlist updates. Most of the changes are behind-the-scenes in preparation for future updates, however here’s what improved today:

1. The playlist edit form is now on the modern site layout and is mobile friendly.

2. The playlist edit form now includes a rich text editor for introductory text so you can include links, formatted text, images and embeds in your introduction now.

3. The playlist edit form now supports drag and drop thumbnail uploading, with better image support and an in-page cropping tool.

Message me if anything appears broken!

If you’ve never made a playlist on NG, you can start one by clicking this button on any animation, game, art or audio entry:

iu_963033_1.png

Clicking that button will open this box, where you can select from your existing playlists or create a new one:

iu_963034_1.png

If you’ve never seen a playlist on NG, check out my April music playlist or Animation Fest 2023!

Other News

Pico Day is this Saturday, May 6th!

We’re hosting an Eddsworld Charity Art Contest. Entries will be posted on June 6th to celebrate Edd’s life and the 20 year anniversary of his first movie on NG.

Piconjo Day is June 9th.

The Art Inspired Music Contest deadline is June 19th.

June 23rd is the Too Many Games Meetup in PA.

Winners of the Flash Forward Jam and Treasure Hunt are coming up, along with the Best of April!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 09:22:16

Ha! First post

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 09:29:46

I always wondered why the playlist editor was on the old site. Same with the monthly voting.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 09:32:44

At 5/4/23 09:29 AM, PearlHikara wrote: I always wondered why the playlist editor was on the old site. Same with the monthly voting.

Monthly voting is one of the last pages on the list. We have a larger overhaul planned for that, so that it will work better on mobile (not enough to just reskin it).

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 09:36:35

Sweet update! I noticed long descriptions for playlists all disappeared, and they come back when you give them an edit.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 09:37:19

At 5/4/23 09:32 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/4/23 09:29 AM, PearlHikara wrote: I always wondered why the playlist editor was on the old site. Same with the monthly voting.
Monthly voting is one of the last pages on the list. We have a larger overhaul planned for that, so that it will work better on mobile (not enough to just reskin it).

there's other pages? I didn't know that.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 09:41:24 (edited 2023-05-04 09:42:41)

just edited one of me playlists and it seems that the "done editing" button doesn't always work. Sometimes I click it and it doesn't change anything, others I click it and I receive a popup saying "the changes will not be save if you leave."

forget about it, I ALWAYS forget if you don't click off the text it doesn't save, sorry

xoxo 💋 (ps: okay I guess you can watch TRW)

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 09:51:36

At 5/4/23 09:36 AM, Dungeonation wrote: Sweet update! I noticed long descriptions for playlists all disappeared, and they come back when you give them an edit.

Yeah we used to show the Short Description text at the top of the playlist but that's gonna be reserved for future uses, while now the page shows the contents of the Commentary box - which was auto-populated with the existing short descriptions but didn't auto-publish that change.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 09:54:44

At 5/4/23 09:41 AM, Royal-Harmonica wrote: just edited one of me playlists and it seems that the "done editing" button doesn't always work. Sometimes I click it and it doesn't change anything, others I click it and I receive a popup saying "the changes will not be save if you leave."

forget about it, I ALWAYS forget if you don't click off the text it doesn't save, sorry

Ideally it should trigger the autosave and then proceed when the button is clicked, making note.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 10:10:07

The new playlist edit feature looks so clean and slick i can smell the fresh paint. thank you,

i was wondering when this will be updated.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 10:23:51

I was hoping for a NGRadio playlist enhancement.

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 10:24:12

wow thats a cool update

Hello everyone im going to make some silly sketches so yea

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 10:25:22 (edited 2023-05-04 10:26:04)

wowey

Hello everyone im going to make some silly sketches so yea

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 10:35:28

Just some minor change?

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 10:42:13

At 5/4/23 09:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: Today we launched Phase One of a series of upcoming playlist updates. Most of the changes are behind-the-scenes in preparation for future updates, however here’s what improved today:

1. The playlist edit form is now on the modern site layout and is mobile friendly.

2. The playlist edit form now includes a rich text editor for introductory text so you can include links, formatted text, images and embeds in your introduction now.

3. The playlist edit form now supports drag and drop thumbnail uploading, with better image support and an in-page cropping tool.

Message me if anything appears broken!

If you’ve never made a playlist on NG, you can start one by clicking this button on any animation, game, art or audio entry:

Clicking that button will open this box, where you can select from your existing playlists or create a new one:

If you’ve never seen a playlist on NG, check out my April music playlist or Animation Fest 2023!

Other News

Pico Day is this Saturday, May 6th!

We’re hosting an Eddsworld Charity Art Contest. Entries will be posted on June 6th to celebrate Edd’s life and the 20 year anniversary of his first movie on NG.

Piconjo Day is June 9th.

The Art Inspired Music Contest deadline is June 19th.

June 23rd is the Too Many Games Meetup in PA.

Winners of the Flash Forward Jam and Treasure Hunt are coming up, along with the Best of April!

How about being able to re-sort my playlists. Right now it's newest to oldest. And where's the submission count per list?

iu_963076_8157415.png

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 10:44:58

Cool, the playlist layout is better now :)

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 10:49:07

Not really related at all, but with ratings now on news posts, should there also be a tool to flag ones which don't pick an appropriate rating?

(Unless there is, and I just didn't see it on mobile)

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 11:28:36

will there ever be a shuffle feature added tho? Or is that one of the secret behind the scenes things?

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 12:13:39

At 5/4/23 10:49 AM, LiteraryWho wrote: Not really related at all, but with ratings now on news posts, should there also be a tool to flag ones which don't pick an appropriate rating?

(Unless there is, and I just didn't see it on mobile)

We still need to get a flagging option in there.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 13:35:52

At 5/4/23 09:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: Today we launched Phase One of a series of upcoming playlist updates. Most of the changes are behind-the-scenes in preparation for future updates, however here’s what improved today:

YEAH BABY!

iu_963194_1725585.png

*sweats nervously*

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 13:56:50

At 5/4/23 01:49 PM, larreth wrote: while i don't use the forums now, i'm checking back in quickly to say that this is a really nice update, and i'm looking forward alot to the art portal one too. i do use playlists alot for my work, personally. can't wait for anything else you guys may be working on behind the scenes

hopefully i'll be able to donate as a sign of thanks soon, i'm sure revamping all of these pages takes alot of time and resources, as does anything. thank you for creating and always improving such a great website

Thanks! This should be an exciting month between the Art Portal update and ongoing playlist improvements. Also wild that we'll be checking such a large item off the list, meaning we get to move towards all the other projects that were waiting behind it.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 14:00:25

OOOOOHHHH THIS IS ALREADY SUCH A COOL UPDATE…… playlists are such an underrated feature and i hope this encourages people to utilize them more. looking forward to what you guys have in store!!!!

art thread!! :D

art nerd who has nothing to talk about, other than art or extremely specific fandom stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 15:38:45

Oooh, playlist updates are coming! That's exciting! Thanks for the early update.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 16:19:51 (edited 2023-05-04 16:23:11)

This looks great, nice update.

It would definitely be neat if you could sort the playlists too. Either just drag them around to manually change the order or have the user able to change the order.

I'd mainly like to be able to change which of my playlists show on the main profile page - usually the newest aren't the ones I'd like to highlight.

The submission counts were useful too.

At 5/4/23 09:37 AM, PearlHikara wrote: there's other pages? I didn't know that.

There are others yet with the old layout too. ;) Like the Calendar, the API tools...

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 16:37:10

The playlist edit form

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 16:43:57

At 5/4/23 04:37 PM, squidly wrote: The playlist edit form

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 18:07:36

At 5/4/23 09:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: 1. The playlist edit form is now on the modern site layout and is mobile friendly.

Aw man! But I like the old playlist edit form!

god's favorite youtuber since 2021

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 18:26:15

Will there be an "Add New Playlist" button in your page?

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 20:22:59

i thought you forgot about the playlist feature because it was out dated pretty glad that it's now up to date like the rest of the site

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 21:08:59

At 5/4/23 06:26 PM, everyone wrote: Will there be an "Add New Playlist" button in your page?

Possibly, since we might add the option to add new entries directly via the Playlist Edit page.

BBS Signature