00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shiftingalways just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Playlist Update

4,359 Views | 46 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-04 21:24:29 (edited 2023-05-04 21:50:51)

Alright, I know that it takes time to update the page.

So when will we able to sort out the playlists,install the comment section on them, have the users favoriting them, and have the numbers (after the title) display again in the playlist page?

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-05 00:15:45

is there a limit to the amount of playlists you can create

iu_963618_9962276.png

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-05 02:09:50

Honestly I would really like a shuffle option when listening to music from my playlist but I'm not sure how well it would work for playlists that have music, art, movies and games.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-05 14:38:30 (edited 2023-05-05 14:38:41)

At 5/4/23 09:24 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Alright, I know that it takes time to update the page.
So when will we able to sort out the playlists,install the comment section on them, have the users favoriting them, and have the numbers (after the title) display again in the playlist page?

Hadn't even considered comments before, that'd be awesome... would definitely be nice to be able to favorite playlists too. Easier way to keep track of the ones you like then relying on local bookmarks and all.

At 5/5/23 02:09 AM, aapiarts wrote: Honestly I would really like a shuffle option when listening to music from my playlist but I'm not sure how well it would work for playlists that have music, art, movies and games.

This too would be pretty cool...

The latest: Hexa #98 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-05 14:42:06

At 5/4/23 09:24 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Alright, I know that it takes time to update the page.

After Josh rolls out the Art Portal update, fixes things and does some spring cleaning around the site, his next big project will be an overhaul of the comments system, which will improve blog comments and make the system more portable, so we can pop it into places like playlists.

Favoriting / following playlists is on the list, although further into the future after other playlist updates, unless it gets bumped up.

People seem to miss the numbers so they might make a return, was going for less clutter by replacing them with just icons for the media types contained in the playlist. If they come back, the icons could at least remain so it's less wordy looking.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-05 17:00:17

Just tested it out, now I can a make longer description for my comic playlist. Lulz.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-05 17:25:56

This post is bringing back my hope for society!

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-05 18:57:52

At 5/5/23 02:38 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Hadn't even considered comments before, that'd be awesome... would definitely be nice to be able to favorite playlists too. Easier way to keep track of the ones you like then relying on local bookmarks and all.

Well for the comment section to be on the playlist, was supposed to be an idea, I found out about it since two years ago. So was the idea of favouriting the playlists from different users. I was looking forward to it, when Tom typed about the new concept of it.

At 5/5/23 02:09 AM, aapiarts wrote: Honestly I would really like a shuffle option when listening to music from my playlist but I'm not sure how well it would work for playlists that have music, art, movies and games.
This too would be pretty cool...

The shuffle option for the playlists would be cool too. But it depends on what kind of playlist that you have.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-06 08:27:26

This a great update. Will be fun to make a new and improved playlist.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-06 15:31:35 (edited 2023-05-06 15:32:34)

At 5/5/23 06:57 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Well for the comment section to be on the playlist, was supposed to be an idea, I found out about it since two years ago. So was the idea of favouriting the playlists from different users. I was looking forward to it, when Tom typed about the new concept of it.

Ah so it was actually an official idea too, that's cool. Hopefully all the more probably it becomes a reality then...

The shuffle option for the playlists would be cool too. But it depends on what kind of playlist that you have.

Indeed. Doesn't seem as useful for games or art, but then again it wouldn't hurt if it just automatically worked with any content form too. You'd probably use it just mainly for audio. Maybe easiest to implement for everything though.

The latest: Hexa #98 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-06 15:52:21

At 5/5/23 12:15 AM, rm wrote: is there a limit to the amount of playlists you can create

1 thing I'd like is the ability to add more than 100 posts to a single playlist. 100 feels so restrictive so I have to create extra playlists to fit all the cool stuff I find.

Ok boomer.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-06 16:11:37

At 5/6/23 03:52 PM, CyberRobotnix wrote:
At 5/5/23 12:15 AM, rm wrote: is there a limit to the amount of playlists you can create
1 thing I'd like is the ability to add more than 100 posts to a single playlist. 100 feels so restrictive so I have to create extra playlists to fit all the cool stuff I find.

Yeah I ran into the same problem with my monthly audio playlists, plan is to expand the limit.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-14 08:28:42

Adding my support for the return of the number of entries in the playlist. If the limit does get expanded, it would be really nice to be able to combine previously overflowed playlists together, although I understand that would be challenging/time-consuming to program in.

Also, this is probably unrelated, and I do like that playlists tell you when there is an unpublished submission in them, but the site is telling me those submissions "never existed". Would be cool if it at least had the title and author for previously published submissions? Examples: FPA: World 1 Remix, Tumble Towers 2, Dice Hero (didn't realize that got removed. Never did finish grinding for a perfect game!).

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-14 08:37:45

At 5/14/23 08:28 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Adding my support for the return of the number of entries in the playlist. If the limit does get expanded, it would be really nice to be able to combine previously overflowed playlists together, although I understand that would be challenging/time-consuming to program in.

Also, this is probably unrelated, and I do like that playlists tell you when there is an unpublished submission in them, but the site is telling me those submissions "never existed". Would be cool if it at least had the title and author for previously published submissions? Examples: FPA: World 1 Remix, Tumble Towers 2, Dice Hero (didn't realize that got removed. Never did finish grinding for a perfect game!).

The numbers are returning with the next update. As far as unpublished submissions, those should be hidden completely from outside viewers but maybe the playlist owner could still get more relevant info there if info is available.

BBS Signature

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-14 23:15:22

At 5/14/23 08:28 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Adding my support for the return of the number of entries in the playlist. If the limit does get expanded, it would be really nice to be able to combine previously overflowed playlists together, although I understand that would be challenging/time-consuming to program in.

It is possible that the submissions are removed by a moderator.

And yes, I seriously want the error 'This project has been removed by the Newgrounds moderation team' to come back (the error was vanished in April 10th, 2022).

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-24 12:10:05

At 5/4/23 09:32 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/4/23 09:29 AM, PearlHikara wrote: I always wondered why the playlist editor was on the old site. Same with the monthly voting.
Monthly voting is one of the last pages on the list. We have a larger overhaul planned for that, so that it will work better on mobile (not enough to just reskin it).

What about the PayPal one?

Response to Playlist Update 2023-05-24 12:33:56

At 5/24/23 12:10 PM, everyone wrote:
At 5/4/23 09:32 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/4/23 09:29 AM, PearlHikara wrote: I always wondered why the playlist editor was on the old site. Same with the monthly voting.
Monthly voting is one of the last pages on the list. We have a larger overhaul planned for that, so that it will work better on mobile (not enough to just reskin it).
What about the PayPal one?

That's also on the list.

BBS Signature