00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zaetalos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm coming out for the first time.

1,000 Views | 68 Replies

I grew up in a very small village. When I was in middle school I was part of what would be considered the popular crowd, the pretty girls. However, one particular girl, we'll call her Melanie, started spreading a particular "rumor" about me. Melanie started telling the whole school that I was gay. The gossip trickled its way all through the hallways, all the way until it made its way back to me. I was upset. I was afraid. Being gay was not cool. People died for being "outted" as gay. I saw people lose everything because of their sexuality. As a child, I was scared. It was not Melanie's place to determine my sexuality or to gossip about me in such a way.

I confronted her about it by the lockers after school, but the damage to me had already been done. I locked away my gay sexuality after that moment ~ deeming that I would never be accepted as a girl who likes girls not then, maybe never. I saw all the scenarios of how my life would be hell if I let that truth come out, so instead I became addicted to other things in life and I'm only now recovering all of this as an adult. I'm realizing what parts of myself I'm projecting onto others (you gays reading this lol jk love ya).

I can still remember the fear in Melanie's eyes as I stood by those lockers, and I swear she thought I was about to punch her lights out. I remember turning to food for comfort, caffeine, attention from boys online and in person. I gained weight and stopped hanging around Melanie. I started playing Runescape and surfing Newgrounds, using Yahoo! messenger and AIM. I never resorted to violence or revenge with Melanie. I ignored her.

And in ignoring her ~ I repressed a part of myself for over a decade. But I'm done with that. Melanie doesn't get to win. I get to be happy and comfortable with finally saying for the first time in my life, on my own accord:

I like girls.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 13:21:50

At 7/21/22 01:16 PM, Kiwi wrote: I grew up in a very small village. When I was in middle school I was part of what would be considered the popular crowd, the pretty girls. However, one particular girl, we'll call her Melanie, started spreading a particular "rumor" about me. Melanie started telling the whole school that I was gay. The gossip trickled its way all through the hallways, all the way until it made its way back to me. I was upset. I was afraid. Being gay was not cool. People died for being "outted" as gay. I saw people lose everything because of their sexuality. As a child, I was scared. It was not Melanie's place to determine my sexuality or to gossip about me in such a way.

I confronted her about it by the lockers after school, but the damage to me had already been done. I locked away my gay sexuality after that moment ~ deeming that I would never be accepted as a girl who likes girls not then, maybe never. I saw all the scenarios of how my life would be hell if I let that truth come out, so instead I became addicted to other things in life and I'm only now recovering all of this as an adult. I'm realizing what parts of myself I'm projecting onto others (you gays reading this lol jk love ya).

I can still remember the fear in Melanie's eyes as I stood by those lockers, and I swear she thought I was about to punch her lights out. I remember turning to food for comfort, caffeine, attention from boys online and in person. I gained weight and stopped hanging around Melanie. I started playing Runescape and surfing Newgrounds, using Yahoo! messenger and AIM. I never resorted to violence or revenge with Melanie. I ignored her.

And in ignoring her ~ I repressed a part of myself for over a decade. But I'm done with that. Melanie doesn't get to win. I get to be happy and comfortable with finally saying for the first time in my life, on my own accord:

That sucks. I hope everything is better now.

I like girls.

Cool. I don't think anyone cares at all.

please help. thank you.

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 13:26:23

At 7/21/22 01:21 PM, Mistman7 wrote: Cool. I don't think anyone cares at all.

Gimme a kiss.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 13:32:36

At 7/21/22 01:16 PM, Kiwi wrote: I started playing Runescape and surfing Newgrounds, using Yahoo! messenger and AIM.

Once again, a childhood trauma chases another person into the loving embrace of Newgrounds and Runescape.

In all seriousness, I'm sure we're all pleased to hear you are now comfortable to live life on your terms.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Congrats dude coming out is lit. We support that these days. Anyone who doesn’t probably sucks anyway.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 13:38:32

I kinda care, but like, in a positive way.

As in, Newgrounds has generally been a place where people could be gay.

I'm under the impression, and I met her at least twice, that Freakapotimus, the very first NG mod, was non-binary.

I think sex, of any kind, gives pleasure, which is a utilitarian good.

I hope Kiwi finds someone who makes her happy.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 13:43:08

At 7/21/22 01:32 PM, Timmy wrote:
At 7/21/22 01:16 PM, Kiwi wrote: I started playing Runescape and surfing Newgrounds, using Yahoo! messenger and AIM.
Once again, a childhood trauma chases another person into the loving embrace of Newgrounds and Runescape.

We were all coping in the same ways back then?

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 13:44:48

At 7/21/22 01:38 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: I think sex, of any kind, gives pleasure, which is a utilitarian good.

Give me the sauce.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 13:59:04

Should have punched her in the throat, then kissed her.

At 7/21/22 01:16 PM, Kiwi wrote:

I like girls.

Same. Boys are ugly little beasts.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 14:18:36

At 7/21/22 01:16 PM, Kiwi wrote: I grew up in a very small village. When I was in middle school I was part of what would be considered the popular crowd, the pretty girls. However, one particular girl, we'll call her Melanie, started spreading a particular "rumor" about me. Melanie started telling the whole school that I was gay. The gossip trickled its way all through the hallways, all the way until it made its way back to me. I was upset. I was afraid. Being gay was not cool. People died for being "outted" as gay. I saw people lose everything because of their sexuality. As a child, I was scared. It was not Melanie's place to determine my sexuality or to gossip about me in such a way.

I like girls.

Congrats, girls are pretty tbh and I hope you feel better after coming out, I understand how hard it is doing so

She/They, 19., I draw sometimes.

Support me on ko-fi, it helps!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 14:45:29

I'm happy for you that you can be true to yourself, at last.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 14:52:09

At 7/21/22 01:21 PM, Mistman7 wrote:

That sucks. I hope everything is better now.

I like girls.
Cool. I don't think anyone cares at all.

iu_702573_6715108.jpg

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 15:30:14

i liek girlz too

iu_702607_8014430.gif

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 15:34:31

pff girl it was obvious.

I'm a psycho who will kill you at the drop of a hat. and hats drop easy in this fucked up world.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 15:39:16

At 7/21/22 03:30 PM, misterbright wrote: i liek girlz too

I'm the bear, you can be the girl

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 15:39:44

At 7/21/22 03:34 PM, Homicide wrote: pff girl it was obvious.

dude like I know but I kept denying it lol

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 15:54:45

At 7/21/22 01:16 PM, Kiwi wrote: ...I like girls.

Shit, me too.

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 16:34:08

At 7/21/22 01:38 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:

I'm under the impression, and I met her at least twice, that Freakapotimus, the very first NG mod, was non-binary.

Aye, well said. I might have worded that in the wrong way, which may have caused some misunderstanding.

I meant that nobody cares as in nobody really gives a shit that she likes women. Because, really, does anyone here view her as a better or worse person for it?

please help. thank you.

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 16:34:33

At 7/21/22 01:26 PM, Kiwi wrote:
Gimme a kiss.

Aren't you gay?

please help. thank you.

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 16:36:12

At 7/21/22 03:54 PM, GlassPen123 wrote:
At 7/21/22 01:16 PM, Kiwi wrote: ...I like girls.
Shit, me too.

Who doesn't?

please help. thank you.

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 16:41:39

I like girls.

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 16:49:04

At 7/21/22 04:34 PM, Mistman7 wrote:
Gimme a kiss.
Aren't you gay?

no I just like girls duh

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 18:39:17

At 7/21/22 04:49 PM, Kiwi wrote:
Gimme a kiss.
Aren't you gay?
no I just like girls duh

Ok then

please help. thank you.

I like girls.

slayy queen

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 19:56:47

Really proud of you! You go you significent human you. Really glad you didnt let Melanie dominate your life - the cunt. Fuck her; bet nobody will remember her 60 years from now. But they'll remember you, because you stepped forward.

"It's sad. All these kids have to do school at home. Homeschooling. How long until a teacher fucks one of her students?" - Mark Normand

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-21 22:39:34

so a bit of an inappropriate question but did you fuck melanie?

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-22 00:15:39

EEEEERRRRMMM, kinda FUCKED UP for you to suggest that you want her to be in a monogamous relationship

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-22 00:16:32

At 7/21/22 04:41 PM, Zymbot wrote:
I like girls.

Bruh my volume was up so loud and I hit play 🥲🥲🥲🥲

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-22 00:18:12

Aye, well said. I might have worded that in the wrong way, which may have caused some misunderstanding.

I meant that nobody cares as in nobody really gives a shit that she likes women. Because, really, does anyone here view her as a better or worse person for it?

Ngman7 would have some thoughts 😂

BBS Signature

Response to I'm coming out for the first time. 2022-07-22 00:22:03

At 7/21/22 10:39 PM, justdio09 wrote: so a bit of an inappropriate question but did you fuck melanie?

i stayed at her house over the weekend before this all happened and asked if she ever played with other girls and she said no and she didn’t want to touch me lmao

on a side note, I did play with plenty of other girls I went to school with before all of this happened. a lot of them wanted some action tbh

BBS Signature