00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dankmen: Cancelled

14,709 Views | 132 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Yesterday we announced the launch of our Dankmen NFTs, which awarded owners with an exclusive pentagon profile picture border. Unfortunately, everyone immediately STOLE the Dankmen and uploaded them as their own profile pictures, making them worthless. As a result, we’ve canceled the Dankmen project.

iu_593607_1.png

We’re leaving the pentagon borders in place for Dankmen profile pictures this weekend but on Monday we’ll be announcing something new, thanks to the “Plan B” we prepared when this system was built.

I'd like to give a huge thanks to @Potatoman for assembling the Dankman Army and illustrating our promo banner and site skin for the event. Thank you @DaemonPlus, @Joe-Mega, @LobsterMango, @PhantomArcade and @RGPAnims for creating individual Dankmen!

We also have a bunch of fan-made Dankmen (Fankmen?) in the Art Portal, have a look!

We’ll be leaving the Dankmen site skin up for the weekend but I’ve swapped the banner back to promoting the Voice Acting Contest, which kicked off yesterday. The deadline to enter Round 1 is April 15th!

Here’s @Potatoman’s beautiful Dankmen banner, for the historical archive:

iu_593608_1.webp

Other News

This upcoming week on NG should be an interesting one because later in the week we also intend to launch an update to user page galleries! This update includes larger thumbnails with search and sorting options, as well as the application of your personal ratings filters to user pages.

The MessyPaints April theme is Catwoman! You have until May 1st to paint (digital or traditional Catwoman, lit from the side. Read that post for more details, this event is open to everyone.

Musicians, check out the upcoming Audio Tag Team and Art Inspired Music events!

Our Flash Jam deadline is April 20th. If you want to make something with Flash, you still have time! Over $3,600 in prizes.

Pico Day is June 11th! Prizes are almost $2k and we’re crowdfunding for more.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 09:26:47

At 4/2/22 09:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Unfortunately, everyone immediately STOLE the Dankmen and uploaded them as their own profile pictures, making them worthless.

Fuck, I’m broke!

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 09:29:29

What a shame. But as people say, all good things come to an end!

And so do all bad things like eneftees, come to think of it.

Wait, does that mean every single good and bad thing comes to an end? if so, where does that leave neutral things? Do those all come to an end as well? DOES ANYTHING LAST?

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 09:32:07

At 4/2/22 09:29 AM, ChazDude wrote: What a shame. But as people say, all good things come to an end!

And so do all bad things like eneftees, come to think of it.

Wait, does that mean every single good and bad thing comes to an end? if so, where does that leave neutral things? Do those all come to an end as well? DOES ANYTHING LAST?

Time is entropy!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 09:32:14

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!1111!!!!11iu_593613_8829361.jpg

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 09:32:52

ok what did you expect

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 09:42:10

Plan B??

Has this been a Gmail type of April fools day prank except it’s not actually gonna be NFTs but something NEW?

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 09:47:01

At 4/2/22 09:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:

but on Monday we’ll be announcing something new, thanks to the “Plan B” we prepared when this system was built.

Plan B?

Does that involve B-slapping the thief?

I'll call Will Smith

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 09:49:18

Was a silly event, and I very much enjoy these shape borders! Excited to see what you have to reveal Monday :D

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 09:56:32

oh yeah so dankmen have been canceled “because people stole them” and not because i caught tom fulp discriminating? i see you tom covering up your own ass and making excuses when you’ve been called out for f—king up… shame i didn’t say “cancel dankmen” because that would’ve made the title of this post even better, oh well #cancel dankmen anyway lmao

Jokes aside, I’m interested to hear what this plan B is. Sounds like we’re getting a genuine gift after this is done!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:00:14

I can't even tell if you guys are joking about this anymore.

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:00:25

At 4/2/22 09:32 AM, stowethelad wrote: ok what did you expect

at least the art was good

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:00:39

I didn't rob or buy your NFTs

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:06:07

That was fun. Fingers crossed it becomes a feature to put some shapes around your PFP!

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:12:12

iu_593622_10234494.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:12:28

moral of the story, nft's are a scam, don't buy 'em :v

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:13:38

i hope the pentagon border stays as a supporter feature or something, they are cool

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:14:12 (edited 2022-04-02 10:15:14)

At 4/2/22 09:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:
We also have a bunch of fan-made Dankmen (Fankmen?) in the Art Portal, have a look!

Fankman. Lol I love it!

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:15:01

At 4/2/22 09:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Yesterday we announced the launch of our Dankmen NFTs, which awarded owners with an exclusive pentagon profile picture border. Unfortunately, everyone immediately STOLE the Dankmen and uploaded them as their own profile pictures, making them worthless. As a result, we’ve canceled the Dankmen project.

I want everyone to know I've minted this topic as an NFT. I own it now.

Audio / Forum / Games & Movies Moderator. Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:15:42

I couldn't invest on it in time, big sad. Now I'll cry knowing that I've actually saved my money well.

Goodlands, a mere name that implies a land where balkanization doesn't happen.

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:19:51

At 4/2/22 09:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Yesterday we announced the launch of our Dankmen NFTs, which awarded owners with an exclusive pentagon profile picture border. Unfortunately, everyone immediately STOLE the Dankmen and uploaded them as their own profile pictures, making them worthless. As a result, we’ve canceled the Dankmen project.

I genuinely still cannot tell whether this is an April Fools' Joke or not

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:46:35

What a shame this incredible endeavor had to be called off. The real boatloads of money were the friends we made along the way.

Also, something new on Monday? I'll try to remember.

"I was born... out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I... BLAAAGGHHH!!" - Bacterion

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:46:54

Mishan comphrete.

Octillery Social Credit Test DX | Octillery VS Collection

You ever take a rat...cut it open, stick your pee pee in, let it live? You remind me of that rat.

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 10:49:24

The biggest heist was succesful, we defeated nft's!!!

Waiting for that plan B and the new user options.

I make art, check this cat

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 11:00:40

At 4/2/22 10:13 AM, GGMagenta wrote: i hope the pentagon border stays as a supporter feature or something, they are cool

I agree, it woulld be cool to have icon borders tbh

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 11:01:51 (edited 2022-04-02 11:01:59)

Much as I wanted to jump in on this background border business, I knew that doing so would mean having to part with the unequal profile & icon picture. That's something money can't buy.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 11:10:28

I'm very, very sad. I was so excited to have a dankmen NFT, why these assholes have steal these beatiful arts, what kind of sadistic monster would do that, I hope next year newgrounds releases a new NFT collection

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 11:15:31

Some people here clearly think this was real and man

did they forget it was April Fool's day yesterday?

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 11:20:09

And now, ladies and gentlemen, it’s time for everyone’s favorite game!

👏WHICH!👏USERS!👏ARE!👏JOKIIIIIIIIING!

(Price is right theme plays, crowd goes wild)

BBS Signature

Response to Dankmen: Cancelled 2022-04-02 11:36:49

We’re leaving the pentagon borders in place for Dankmen profile pictures this weekend but on Monday we’ll be announcing something new, thanks to the “Plan B” we prepared when this system was built.

I'd like to give a huge thanks to @Potatoman for assembling the Dankman Army and illustrating our promo banner and site skin for the event. Thank you @DaemonPlus, @Joe-Mega, @LobsterMango, @PhantomArcade and @RGPAnims for creating individual Dankmen!

We’ll be leaving the Dankmen site skin up for the weekend but I’ve swapped the banner back to promoting the Voice Acting Contest, which kicked off yesterday. The deadline to enter Round 1 is April 15th!

Here’s @Potatoman’s beautiful Dankmen banner, for the historical archive:

Other News

This upcoming week on NG should be an interesting one because later in the week we also intend to launch an update to user page galleries! This update includes larger thumbnails with search and sorting options, as well as the application of your personal ratings filters to user pages.

The MessyPaints April theme is Catwoman! You have until May 1st to paint (digital or traditional Catwoman, lit from the side. Read that post for more details, this event is open to everyone.

Musicians, check out the upcoming Audio Tag Team and Art Inspired Music events!

Our Flash Jam deadline is April 20th. If you want to make something with Flash, you still have time! Over $3,600 in prizes.

Pico Day is June 11th! Prizes are almost $2k and we’re crowdfunding for more.

Shit .

Just is the furry

BBS Signature