00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sodacomics just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of December 2021

8,721 Views | 25 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 13:19:25

Your votes are in and the Best of December have been determined! The NG History has been updated to include 2021, as well.

Top Five Animation

The top-ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Spooky Month 4. Congrats, @SrPelo!

@DOMROMART and @eddsworld will each receive $100 for 2nd and 3rd based on original material.

These prizes will continue next month thanks to our ongoing sponsors @A-Non-E-Moose, @Diives, @mattyburrito, @53xy83457, @olskoo and @Zombie-Pimp!

If you would like to contribute to our animation prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards animation prizes.

Top Five Games

The top game based on original material and winner of $200 is Pengu Saves Christmas by @STANNco, @Stepford, @Chocoholicmonkey and @fractalcounty!

The 2nd-3rd place winners of $100 each are @Louistrations and @Celshaded

These prizes will continue next month thanks to our ongoing sponsors @A-Non-E-Moose, @Manderby, @53xy83457 and @olskoo!

If you would like to contribute to our game prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards game prizes.

Runner-Up Animation

6. Monster Lab (Finale) - Exorcism of Chris Kyle

7. Rudolph finally gets to smash

8. Pico's Christmas

9. Quelling Qrampus [Jade's Diary Christmas Special]

10. Boxing Day 2021

11. Knuckles Needs Sonic's Power

12. Monster Lab - Creating The Messiah (Episode 7)

13. Lego Santa Assaults a Couple in their Home

14. Amelia

15. Cosmic Wonders - Episode 00 - "Pioneers"

16. Wimp Witch: Episode Zero

17. Time is mightier than the Sword

18. An Average Day For Carole

19. Mark Zuckerberg dies in the Metaverse.

20. Grenade

21. 64 Bits Demake - God of War for Playstation 1

22. Bandit in the Bazaar

23. Plants vs Zombies Reanimated Collab

24. Welcome to the Metaverse

25. Movie Sonic Meets Movie Tails

26. NINJA GUY FIGHTS OFFICE LADY

27. 64 Bits - Bioshock Infinite Demake for SNES

28. BSV Ch. 002 - Gravity Awakens (La Gravedad Despierta)

29. The Looter - Episode 4: The Looter Takes Off His Glove

30. Santa's True Form

31. Sketch Collab 2021

32. Vincent Claus is Comin' to Town! (Music Video)

33. The Boo Boo Kisser

34. James' Weird Little World - EP 2 - Nugget Girl

35. Suicide Elephant

Runner-Up Games

6. Pico VS Peter The Ant 3D

7. Taiga Voyage Prototype Demo

8. Peter the Ant VS Pico

9. Heroes Quest

10. Tonight We Hunt Demo

11. I Wish I Were the Moon (remastered)

12. Plug In

13. Jump and Hover

14. Peter the Ant RELOADED

15. Had

16. Potion Mission

17. YIIKmas 2021: A Post-modern Art Collab

18. Sub-Uber-Marine

19. ART TELEPHONE: Holiday Edition

20. Trial of Temptation

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @vamplre!

Check out the Top Featured Art and Top Featured Audio of December, too.

December was a wonderful month! Big thanks again to @Splatterdash, @GeoKureli, @TheDyingSun, @BrandyBuizel, @KnoseDoge and the many artists and musicians who gave us another memorable Tankmas ADVENTure, as well as everyone who stopped in daily to appreciate it.

Thank you everyone who visits NG regularly and shares their work here, or votes and reviews! Last year was filled with so many great moments; I hope we can keep building that momentum throughout 2022 and see all sorts of great things happen. 

The start of a new year / winter is generally a tough time of year. Remember that you are an observer of your feelings but you aren’t your feelings. Try to exercise and get some sunlight or Vitamin D!

Other News

@DoctorGrambo announced the January MessyPaints Challenge: ELENA from Street Fighter Third Strike! Paint Elena in any painting style (digital paint is fine) and post your art with the MessyPaints2022 tag before February 1st to participate.

@Droid is encouraging musicians to participate in Jamuary! The goal of this event is to make a new song every day in January and tag it with Jamuary2022.

@Stanpai is looking for established members of the community who would be interested in being on a panel during the Newgrounds Winter Festival! If you’re recognized in the art, animation, games or audio space on NG, you could be a huge help here. Fill out the panelist application if you’re interested!

@Fro is fundraising on his quest to become NG’s strongest user.

We’re hosting a Flash Forward Jam with over $2k in prizes, if you’re down to make a Flash game or interactive movie with AS2!

Pixel Day is January 23rd and we’re raising prize money.

iu_518206_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 13:38:29

Happy 2022! Much love <3

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 13:47:14

That last month was crazy. But I can already tell the latter end of this month is going to be even more hectic! Thanks so much for supporting my creative shenanigans, newgrounds homiessssss

i wish the jamuary contestants the best of luck on their infinite grind. may god have mercy upon your soul

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 13:54:14 (edited 2022-01-07 13:54:38)

Lotsa great stuff this season. Thanks all who worked on this year's ADVENTure too, and Congrats to the winners here!

Also Vitamin D really is imperative, take heed! Recommended dosage at the minimum if you live in a cold dark place and feel like you're drifting into a ditto headspace these grayest days.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 13:55:06

Congrats to all the top-ranked stuff!

December was an interesting month and I'm looking forward for what more talented people will have to offer

Signature image is from GuraQuest

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 14:00:44

gg no re

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 14:26:38

Tom will never give me the title of strongest newgrounds Moderator, just user.

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 14:54:53

Congrats to the winners of december!

Wish all of you people on newgrounds a good year

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 16:05:54

This Month was boomin with such great content! Very much lookin forward whats to come this 2022! Hek yeh! >8D

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 16:18:42

Congrats to all the game developers this month! Was a pleasure playing all the games this month as usual. Quite a special month as well: I broke my rule of playing them all blind at the end of the month so I could experience the evolving Tankmas ADVENTure as it grew due to the insistence of @GeoKureli (though I kind of blew it and got sick around Christmas time, so better luck next time for the full experience, haha).

Of course, despite me being primarily a game reviewer, I had to take a peek at LUCKYBOY: what a crazy collaborative project! Surprised to see it only took second place: get some more eyeballs on this one, people!

This month was nice because I got to relax due to a lower amount of submissions (around 30 this month, but lately been getting months of 40+ games), but methinks this is merely the tide pulling back before a giant wave comes: a giant wave in the form of both Pixel Day and Flash Forward Jam submissions! Hoo boy, it's gonna be a busy coupla upcoming months!

News post with my top 10 here: https://futurecoplgf.newgrounds.com/news/post/1240171

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 16:30:54

At 1/7/22 01:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: Your votes are in and the Best of December have been determined! The NG History has been updated to include 2021, as well.

Top Five Animation

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/826994
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/827175
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/826020
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/825993
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/827235

The top-ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Spooky Month 4. Congrats, @SrPelo!

@DOMROMART and @eddsworld will each receive $100 for 2nd and 3rd based on original material.

These prizes will continue next month thanks to our ongoing sponsors @A-Non-E-Moose, @Diives, @mattyburrito, @53xy83457, @olskoo and @Zombie-Pimp!

If you would like to contribute to our animation prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards animation prizes.

Top Five Games

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/824174
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/825562
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/825684
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/827209
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/824544

The top game based on original material and winner of $200 is Pengu Saves Christmas by @STANNco, @Stepford, @Chocoholicmonkey and @fractalcounty!

The 2nd-3rd place winners of $100 each are @Louistrations and @Celshaded. 

These prizes will continue next month thanks to our ongoing sponsors @A-Non-E-Moose, @Manderby, @53xy83457 and @olskoo!

If you would like to contribute to our game prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards game prizes.

Runner-Up Animation

6. Monster Lab (Finale) - Exorcism of Chris Kyle
7. Rudolph finally gets to smash
8. Pico's Christmas
9. Quelling Qrampus [Jade's Diary Christmas Special]
10. Boxing Day 2021
11. Knuckles Needs Sonic's Power
12. Monster Lab - Creating The Messiah (Episode 7)
13. Lego Santa Assaults a Couple in their Home
14. Amelia
15. Cosmic Wonders - Episode 00 - "Pioneers"
16. Wimp Witch: Episode Zero
17. Time is mightier than the Sword
18. An Average Day For Carole
19. Mark Zuckerberg dies in the Metaverse.
20. Grenade
21. 64 Bits Demake - God of War for Playstation 1
22. Bandit in the Bazaar
23. Plants vs Zombies Reanimated Collab
24. Welcome to the Metaverse
25. Movie Sonic Meets Movie Tails
26. NINJA GUY FIGHTS OFFICE LADY
27. 64 Bits - Bioshock Infinite Demake for SNES
28. BSV Ch. 002 - Gravity Awakens (La Gravedad Despierta)
29. The Looter - Episode 4: The Looter Takes Off His Glove
30. Santa's True Form
31. Sketch Collab 2021
32. Vincent Claus is Comin' to Town! (Music Video)
33. The Boo Boo Kisser
34. James' Weird Little World - EP 2 - Nugget Girl
35. Suicide Elephant

Runner-Up Games

8. Peter the Ant VS Pico
9. Heroes Quest
10. Tonight We Hunt Demo
12. Plug In
13. Jump and Hover
15. Had
16. Potion Mission
18. Sub-Uber-Marine
20. Trial of Temptation

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @vamplre!

Check out the Top Featured Art and Top Featured Audio of December, too.

December was a wonderful month! Big thanks again to @Splatterdash, @GeoKureli, @TheDyingSun, @BrandyBuizel, @KnoseDoge and the many artists and musicians who gave us another memorable Tankmas ADVENTure, as well as everyone who stopped in daily to appreciate it.

Thank you everyone who visits NG regularly and shares their work here, or votes and reviews! Last year was filled with so many great moments; I hope we can keep building that momentum throughout 2022 and see all sorts of great things happen. 

The start of a new year / winter is generally a tough time of year. Remember that you are an observer of your feelings but you aren’t your feelings. Try to exercise and get some sunlight or Vitamin D!

Other News

@DoctorGrambo announced the January MessyPaints Challenge: ELENA from Street Fighter Third Strike! Paint Elena in any painting style (digital paint is fine) and post your art with the MessyPaints2022 tag before February 1st to participate.

@Droid is encouraging musicians to participate in Jamuary! The goal of this event is to make a new song every day in January and tag it with Jamuary2022.

@Stanpai is looking for established members of the community who would be interested in being on a panel during the Newgrounds Winter Festival! If you’re recognized in the art, animation, games or audio space on NG, you could be a huge help here. Fill out the panelist application if you’re interested!

We’re hosting a Flash Forward Jam with over $2k in prizes, if you’re down to make a Flash game or interactive movie with AS2!

Pixel Day is January 23rd and we’re raising prize money.

I was there =D .

Just is the furry

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 16:33:12

At 1/7/22 04:18 PM, FuturecopLGF wrote:
Congrats to all the game developers this month! Was a pleasure playing all the games this month as usual. Quite a special month as well: I broke my rule of playing them all blind at the end of the month so I could experience the evolving Tankmas ADVENTure as it grew due to the insistence of @GeoKureli (though I kind of blew it and got sick around Christmas time, so better luck next time for the full experience, haha).

Of course, despite me being primarily a game reviewer, I had to take a peek at LUCKYBOY: what a crazy collaborative project! Surprised to see it only took second place: get some more eyeballs on this one, people!

This month was nice because I got to relax due to a lower amount of submissions (around 30 this month, but lately been getting months of 40+ games), but methinks this is merely the tide pulling back before a giant wave comes: a giant wave in the form of both Pixel Day and Flash Forward Jam submissions! Hoo boy, it's gonna be a busy coupla upcoming months!

News post with my top 10 here: https://futurecoplgf.newgrounds.com/news/post/1240171

Oh my god, this is fantastic =O .

Just is the furry

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 18:23:52 (edited 2022-01-07 18:24:17)

Wow what an amazing selection here!! "Remember that you are an observer of your feelings but you aren’t your feelings." - darn, where is this from?? Is that one of yours, mister Tom? A wisdom bomb, that's for sure!

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 19:33:49

Gravity Awakens deserves better I think. Winners were good choices though.

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 20:10:32

December on Newgrounds was truly amazing! Spooky Month 4, Tankmas, LUCKYBOY, and Pengu truly deserved those high rankings, they really ended off the year on such a high note! Here's to more amazing content like these in 2022! <3

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

Hope you have a good day! <3

(Kirby says hi!) [Sig art by @soundskies]

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 20:12:39

I'm happy to be part on this community, hope 2022 will come great things to everyone!!!

I make art, check this cat

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 21:52:07

thanks tom :)

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-07 22:19:55

At 1/7/22 01:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: Top Five Games

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/824174
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/825562
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/825684
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/827209
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/824544

Runner-Up Games

8. Peter the Ant VS Pico
9. Heroes Quest
10. Tonight We Hunt Demo
12. Plug In
13. Jump and Hover
15. Had
16. Potion Mission
18. Sub-Uber-Marine
20. Trial of Temptation

Congrats to the monthly game winners.

Err... I have a concern and I'm not quite sure who to bring this to or who to ping. But I am fairly certain my game Tether Buds was nominated for the Month of December 2021, and I'm not seeing it on the runner-up list. Are only the top 20 games listed? (I would find that strange since the Animation count goes up to 35.)

I just wanted to see how my game fared against everyone else's (I wouldn't even care if it was 21st on that list, it would be more reason to work harder next time). Thanks for reading my concern. Any light on this would be helpful :)

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-08 07:54:15

At 1/7/22 10:19 PM, JauqGames wrote: Err... I have a concern and I'm not quite sure who to bring this to or who to ping. But I am fairly certain my game Tether Buds was nominated for the Month of December 2021, and I'm not seeing it on the runner-up list. Are only the top 20 games listed? (I would find that strange since the Animation count goes up to 35.)

Looks like Tether Buds came in at 30th!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-08 08:40:52

At 1/7/22 06:23 PM, Roksim wrote: Wow what an amazing selection here!! "Remember that you are an observer of your feelings but you aren’t your feelings." - darn, where is this from?? Is that one of yours, mister Tom? A wisdom bomb, that's for sure!

It's an amalgamation of various things I've read over the years! I like keeping it in mind, especially this time of year.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-08 09:42:37

that one was an active month. brandy get out of my first post.

first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-08 12:33:15

Congrats everyone! Can't wait to see whats in store this year!

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-08 13:54:55

At 1/8/22 07:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: Looks like Tether Buds came in at 30th!

Hey thanks very much Mr. Fulp. I'll keep in mind that only the top 20 are shown.

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-08 17:10:19

Congrats to the winners of December 2021!

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-08 20:30:14

yiikmas shoulda been first

Octillery Social Credit Test DX | Octillery VS Collection

You ever take a rat...cut it open, stick your pee pee in, let it live? You remind me of that rat.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December 2021 2022-01-10 04:26:59

I am starting to miss 2021 already. December 2021 had some great submissions.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature