00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Create a free account to unlock the full magic and wonder of Newgrounds!

IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022!

7,222 Views | 273 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

THE NEW YEAR IS (nearly) UPON (some of) US!

And with the new year comes one of my favorite annual traditions: JAMUARY!!!!!

What the heck is Jamuary????

Jamuary is an annual challenge given to musicians to try and make a unique song every single day in the month of January!

One UNIQUE song a day? That sounds tough!

It is! But it's a great way to push yourself and really get you into the creative groove!

How do I participate???

Simply make a song every day in January and post it with the tag Jamuary2022!

But what if I miss a day?

Push yourself to make a song the next day!

Can I collaborate with other artists?

Of course!

Is it really that simple?

It literally could not be any simpler than that!!!!

I challenge you to challenge yourself! See if you can make it through the entire month! And remember: Have fun!!!

Please feel free to post links to your submissions here to share with others and best of luck to those who will be participating!

Also, I plan to keep an eye on this thread so let me know if you are interested in joining this musical adventure!

Lets Jam! Are artists aloud to collab jam?

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 14:52:49

At 12/31/21 02:29 PM, Droid wrote: THE NEW YEAR IS (nearly) UPON (some of) US!

Jamuary is an annual challenge given to musicians to try and make a unique song every single day in the month of January!

It is! But it's a great way to push yourself and really get you into the creative groove!

How do I participate???
Simply make a song and post it with the tag Jamuary2022!

Since there are no specific rules, then push yourself to make a song the next day!

So I challenge you to challenge yourself! See if you can make it through the entire month!

Please feel free to post links to your submissions here to share with others and best of luck to those who will be participating!

Also, I plan to keep an eye on this thread so let me know if you are interested in joining this musical adventure!

Fuck it why not

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 14:53:22

At 12/31/21 02:52 PM, scottwjsm wrote: Lets Jam! Are artists aloud to collab jam?

Sure! Only rule is that the song you post was made the day you post it :)

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 15:01:41

This will be the pain of my existance. I'M IN!

*insernt fard sfx here*

Cannot commit, but will pop into to say that writing a song everyday is a mandatory experience that every song writer needs to try at least once. I believe MidiMachine did it for an entire year. It can be really easy to get into certain habits or spend too long on material that gets in the way. Starting a new work everyday for a month means you will have 30 WIPs to choose from at the end of the month, high probability of cool ideas and new directions.

This is a healthy exercise and I recommend everyone does it at least once. Cheers Droid!

quarl BandCamp

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 16:01:44

No minimum length? Do 30 second loopy beats count as songs?

BBS Signature

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 16:17:28

Guess it's time to meaty old friend, writers block

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 16:28:48

At 12/31/21 04:01 PM, CzySzy wrote: No minimum length? Do 30 second loopy beats count as songs?

Yeah, that would be fine. In the past ive personally aimed for at least 1 minute. This is more of a challenge you set for yourself, so feel free to define your own requirements!

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 16:45:49

You're telling me I can harass people to make music for my FNF mod and be festive at the same time?

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 18:00:31

Ohhh hell yeah

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 18:59:22

An interesting challenge I gotta admit. When it comes to writing music I always struggle a lot and a key part is the fact that I keep procrastinating. I wonder what I'll do now that I can't.

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 19:02:15

At 12/31/21 06:59 PM, insertNameHere0 wrote: An interesting challenge I gotta admit. When it comes to writing music I always struggle a lot and a key part is the fact that I keep procrastinating. I wonder what I'll do now that I can't.

No doubts this'll help! I've had problems with never finishing tracks, but doing this a few times really helps out.

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 19:09:06

IM IN

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 19:19:12

Debating on whether to take part.

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 20:54:44

that looks very exciting!!! count me in! i will try to do it through the entire month

one of these days...

BBS Signature

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 21:46:00

aight bet challenge accepted

EODTC

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 23:44:17

This sounds fun, I'll be joining.

Hoping that by doing this for a whole month I'll gain a fair bit of consistency in my tracks. Just wondering though, what if a miracle happens and I somehow manage to make two tracks in a day? could I publish them both the same day?

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2021-12-31 23:45:59

At 12/31/21 11:44 PM, Leavesz wrote: This sounds fun, I'll be joining.

Hoping that by doing this for a whole month I'll gain a fair bit of consistency in my tracks. Just wondering though, what if a miracle happens and I somehow manage to make two tracks in a day? could I publish them both the same day?

Of course! The goal is to make one, but no reason not to share if you made more :)

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2022-01-01 00:27:45

One question, is there like a time limit on these songs/tracks

Im Here to Shitpost on BBS and no one ca Stop me

except you Tom Fulp and all other mods

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2022-01-01 00:42:46

At 1/1/22 12:27 AM, HalfDemureOfficial wrote: One question, is there like a time limit on these songs/tracks

Yeah, that would be fine. In the past ive personally aimed for at least 1 minute. This is more of a challenge you set for yourself, so feel free to define your own requirements! said Droid

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2022-01-01 01:56:40

At 1/1/22 12:42 AM, JinZ wrote:
At 1/1/22 12:27 AM, HalfDemureOfficial wrote: One question, is there like a time limit on these songs/tracks
Yeah, that would be fine. In the past ive personally aimed for at least 1 minute. This is more of a challenge you set for yourself, so feel free to define your own requirements! said Droid

Thanks i think im going to go in 1 minute

Im Here to Shitpost on BBS and no one ca Stop me

except you Tom Fulp and all other mods

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2022-01-01 07:15:21

giving it a shot, but knowing myself i'm aiming about every other day ish.

I’ve just made my first minute-long song today only to discover this huge challenge right after! Yeah, I’m definitely not there yet; but I’m certain there are others willing to take such a challenge, so best of luck to them!

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2022-01-01 10:12:26

Don't worry, Droid, if I find something or someone to rely on, I'm sure that I will - or, maybe, we will - achieve the result.

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2022-01-01 11:33:18

You know what, I'm gonna lower the bars a little and try writing a new LOOP everyday. Fits my schedule better and having 30 new loops to turn into songs at a later date seems good. Felt kind of lame coming in here yesterday like "I can't do this but YOU GUYS have fun." I'm supposed to be a role model at this point in my life. I'M GONNA WRITE A NEW LOOP EVERYDAY. Maybe one of them becomes a song, who knows? Writing music is better than not writing music.

quarl BandCamp

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2022-01-01 17:57:45

How do I participate???

Of course!

I challenge you to challenge yourself! See if you can make it through the entire month! And remember: Have fun!!!

Is this a competition with winners and prizes? Or more of a practice/training music exercise of endurance to see who can push their creative limits to the max?

PM me if you need custom music for your project. Any genre.

-Noob Music-

ProjectSoary's Audio (newgrounds.com)

BBS Signature

Response to IT'S TIME FOR JAMUARY 2022! 2022-01-01 19:01:40

At 1/1/22 05:57 PM, ProjectSoary wrote:

How do I participate???

Of course!

Is this a competition with winners and prizes? Or more of a practice/training music exercise of endurance to see who can push their creative limits to the max?

Just an exercise of practice and creativity! Only prize is your own gratification :)