00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Almost one year since the Captiol Riot

5,213 Views | 180 Replies

So any news about those involved in whatever recently?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 18:28:17

At 1/2/22 06:25 PM, Wegra wrote: So any news about those involved in whatever recently?

One of them wrote a book about how they planned it. Still not arrested.

Hairo.

Discord:

Haizakokaru#0449

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 18:52:28

It consumes their thoughts

iu_514196_7843618.jpg

Many on the left believe Ashli Babbitt was some kind of Khalid Sheikh Mohammad. But she was the only true victim of it all, and she was a pregnant air force veteran, needlessly slain by an incompetent law enforcement officer.

hello

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 18:57:42

reichstag

No pods, no casters

Trump plans to hold a news conference at the Southern White House on that anniversary, even though some advise agaisnt it. With any hope, he will denounce what his rabid base did on that day, but the most likely scenario is that he's going to be an idiot and further incriminate himself, or worse, while blaming everyone but himself - all for attention and to stay relevant.

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 19:14:53

At 1/2/22 06:57 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: reichstag

Only in your denial.

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 19:40:27

God knows if had been BLM protestors or anyone left of center who had done that half of them would be in chains and the ringleaders prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

At 1/2/22 07:40 PM, Ranger2 wrote: God knows if had been BLM protestors or anyone left of center who had done that half of them would be in chains and the ringleaders prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Funny you say that, a lot of those who entered the Capitol are still in solitary confinement.

For the unspeakable crime of entering a public space during a public event. With the doors opened by police officers.

hello

At 1/2/22 06:52 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: It consumes their thoughts

Many on the left believe Ashli Babbitt was some kind of Khalid Sheikh Mohammad. But she was the only true victim of it all, and she was a pregnant air force veteran, needlessly slain by an incompetent law enforcement officer.

Yup. They were all tourists looking at the statues that day, while over a hundred police were injured, windows busted, capital property stolen, because they were all done by "Not Me".

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 19:56:26

At 1/2/22 07:48 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Funny you say that, a lot of those who entered the Capitol are still in solitary confinement.

For the unspeakable crime of entering a public space during a public event. With the doors opened by police officers.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for those un-American terrorists. It's amazing the level of denial Republicans have for basic reality.

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 20:12:12

At 1/2/22 07:48 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: For the unspeakable crime of entering a public space during a public event. With the doors opened by police officers.

Do you drink lead instead of water?

How dense are you?

Oh right.

Trolling.

I hate how hard it is to tell if somebody is serious or not these days.

They might actually believe stupid shit like this.

Any Yankee who runs is a traitor to The Crown. Any Yankee who stands still is a well disciplined traitor to The Crown.

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 20:12:29

At 1/2/22 07:56 PM, Ranger2 wrote:
At 1/2/22 07:48 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Funny you say that, a lot of those who entered the Capitol are still in solitary confinement.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for those un-American terrorists. It's amazing the level of denial Republicans have for basic reality.

How many were charged with "terrorism" again?

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 20:17:04

At 1/2/22 08:12 PM, JosephStarr wrote:
At 1/2/22 07:48 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: For the unspeakable crime of entering a public space during a public event. With the doors opened by police officers.
How dense are you?

Oh right.
Trolling.

aaaand there’s the ad homina right on schedule

hello

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 20:24:24

At 1/2/22 08:17 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
How dense are you?

Oh right.
Trolling.

Yeah.

It's on purpose.

Just trolling back.

Any Yankee who runs is a traitor to The Crown. Any Yankee who stands still is a well disciplined traitor to The Crown.

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 20:25:04

How dense are you?

Oh right.
Trolling.

Deflection for the win!!!! If you can't defend a stupid claim, then don't make it.

At 1/2/22 07:48 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 1/2/22 07:40 PM, Ranger2 wrote: God knows if had been BLM protestors or anyone left of center who had done that half of them would be in chains and the ringleaders prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Funny you say that, a lot of those who entered the Capitol are still in solitary confinement.

Blows my mind that the jail and warden were held in contempt for violating the Jan 6th victims civil rights and letting them suffer without medical care.

Not because it happened, but because I know that folks are serious when they say they have no sympathy for these people and truly don't care. Despite all the police accountability rhetoric.

No pods, no casters

At 1/2/22 07:48 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: With the doors opened by police officers.

It's not like they were desperately trying to keep a bunch of violent people OUT of the capital.

You know, so they can protect the government officials inside.

They were getting the shit kicked out of them just trying to hold the line.

They were barricading sections of the Capitol.

Yet somehow, the police "opened the doors" for them.

See that black blob of plastic in the doorway trying to keep them out?

iu_514275_9672494.webp

That's the police.

Who were actively attacked, btw.

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 20:43:25

At 1/2/22 08:27 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Blows my mind that the jail and warden were held in contempt for violating the Jan 6th victims civil rights and letting them suffer without medical care.

Not because it happened, but because I know that folks are serious when they say they have no sympathy for these people and truly don't care. Despite all the police accountability rhetoric.

The realization that jails in general are brutal dungeons of inhumanity is welcome no matter how you politically arrived at that conclusion.

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-02 20:46:57

At 1/2/22 08:27 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:

Blows my mind that the jail and warden were held in contempt for violating the Jan 6th victims civil rights and letting them suffer without medical care.

Aren't you always harping on BLM, and not giving a shit about those protestors being hurt, or abused by the same system?

And rioting at the capital over an election lie will never be the same as fighting for justice reform in a broken system, no matter how much you try to downplay Jan 6th to defend the growing crazies on the right.

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-03 01:14:24

At 1/2/22 06:52 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:

sounds like she shouldn't have tried to break through a barricade that secret services said they'd use live ammunition if people tried to break through it

earned herself a darwin award for that one

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-03 06:07:13

I was posting on Newgrounds as it unfolded if I remember rightly..

I'd laid a pretty hefty bet down on Biden to win the election, about $5 grand (1/1 odds). So I was eyeballs deep in election coverage, reading polls, analysis, podcasts.. I don't think I slept for about 48 hours after the results started coming in.

That being said, when Jan 6 started, part of my sleep-deprived brain somehow construed that I was watching another niche political event in the election cycle microcosm, this was like the VP debate, and only political junkies like myself would be interested in it.. When I woke up on Jan 7, I was actually surprised to see the extent and breadth of how widely the story had circulated, friends on social media who didn't really follow politics were talking about it.

There's something about the flags on the steps, the curls of smoke rising from the Capitol, the baying mob, that represents everything that the previous 4 years had been about - the division, the anger, the gaslighting, the mislead mob, the calls to violence, the ineptitude, the childishness, the myopia, the callous disregard for what the truth was, the selfishness, the fact people died unnecessarily that day.

I stand by what my thoughts were at the time - this was a watershed moment. This was when future historians would look back on and say "you see that inflection point there? That's were the world's "leading" democracy couldn't even hold elections anymore, one party decided it was happy to rip the system apart if it didn't get what it wants, that's when the baton unofficially passed from the US to China".

Now we're a year on, and the GOP have shown that whatever the source material, there is absolutely nothing that they aren't capable of stabilizing along partisan lines..

I had hoped that Jan 6 would have been so bad, so corrosive to the Trump brand, that the Republicans would have self-reflected, and held themselves accountable for how little they held Trump accountable. There was a similar post-mortem after the Romney presidential election loss. There was a brief moment during the attack where there seemed to be some honesty from figures within that party, didn't last long though.

BBS Signature

At 1/2/22 07:14 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/2/22 06:57 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: reichstag
Only in your denial.

It might be a failed attempt at one, though.

How dense are you?

Oh right.
Trolling.

One, it's "ad hominem", and two, that's not what @JosephStarr did. Ad hominem would be saying "your argument is wrong because you're an idiot", but what Joey meant was "your argument is wrong, therefore you're an idiot", which is actually sound reasoning.

EDIT: I totally forgot who the OP is.

iu_514569_2278460.jpg

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-03 08:33:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChLoiStjaZc

Delusional lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-03 09:42:20

At 1/3/22 06:07 AM, Fim wrote: I was posting on Newgrounds as it unfolded if I remember rightly..

I'd laid a pretty hefty bet down on Biden to win the election, about $5 grand (1/1 odds). So I was eyeballs deep in election coverage, reading polls, analysis, podcasts.. I don't think I slept for about 48 hours after the results started coming in.

That being said, when Jan 6 started, part of my sleep-deprived brain somehow construed that I was watching another niche political event in the election cycle microcosm, this was like the VP debate, and only political junkies like myself would be interested in it.. When I woke up on Jan 7, I was actually surprised to see the extent and breadth of how widely the story had circulated, friends on social media who didn't really follow politics were talking about it.

There's something about the flags on the steps, the curls of smoke rising from the Capitol, the baying mob, that represents everything that the previous 4 years had been about - the division, the anger, the gaslighting, the mislead mob, the calls to violence, the ineptitude, the childishness, the myopia, the callous disregard for what the truth was, the selfishness, the fact people died unnecessarily that day.

I stand by what my thoughts were at the time - this was a watershed moment. This was when future historians would look back on and say "you see that inflection point there? That's were the world's "leading" democracy couldn't even hold elections anymore, one party decided it was happy to rip the system apart if it didn't get what it wants, that's when the baton unofficially passed from the US to China".

Now we're a year on, and the GOP have shown that whatever the source material, there is absolutely nothing that they aren't capable of stabilizing along partisan lines..

I had hoped that Jan 6 would have been so bad, so corrosive to the Trump brand, that the Republicans would have self-reflected, and held themselves accountable for how little they held Trump accountable. There was a similar post-mortem after the Romney presidential election loss. There was a brief moment during the attack where there seemed to be some honesty from figures within that party, didn't last long though.

Blah blah Trump and Republicans are bad blah blah

Nice generalizations bruh.

You think 200 q anon crazies is a reflection of an entire party?

That's like me saying democrats are a bunch of criminals because of antifa and blm riots destroying businesses and setting neighborhoods on fire.

Enough with this bullshit narrative you're spewing. They even tried to indict Trump over it, but nothing in his speech instigated violence. Even Alex freakin Jones was trying to get people away from the capital.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-03 10:06:04

At 1/3/22 09:42 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 1/3/22 06:07 AM, Fim wrote: I was posting on Newgrounds as it unfolded if I remember rightly..

That's like me saying democrats are a bunch of criminals because of antifa and blm riots destroying businesses and setting neighborhoods on fire.

Enough with this bullshit narrative you're spewing. They even tried to indict Trump over it, but nothing in his speech instigated violence. Even Alex freakin Jones was trying to get people away from the capital.

People like you is what Don't Look Up is based on you know.

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-03 11:39:06

At 1/3/22 10:06 AM, Fim wrote:

wat

lel

BBS Signature

Wait? Are you being serious? Generalizations and stereotypes are what you practically think in when describing anything on the left.

At 1/3/22 09:42 AM, Sequenced wrote: Even Alex freakin Jones was trying to get people away from the capital.

The only video I have seen of Alex Jones was the day before the riot, Jan. 5th, was this, where he said:

"I don’t know how this is all going to end, but if they want to fight, they better believe they’ve got one!"

and

"We’re here to take our rightful country back peacefully, because we’re not globalist, antifa criminals. So let’s start marching, and I salute you all"

Do you have the video of him trying to get people away from the capital, that would be interesting to see.

BBS Signature

Response to Almost one year since the Captiol Riot 2022-01-03 13:46:24

At 1/3/22 11:39 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 1/3/22 10:06 AM, Fim wrote:

wat

I think we've pretty firmly established that people like yourself will defend almost anything.

BBS Signature

At 1/2/22 08:12 PM, ZomAlien wrote:
At 1/2/22 07:56 PM, Ranger2 wrote:

How many were charged with "terrorism" again?

Most were charged with a glorified form of disorderly conduct, pretty much the lowest level of charge that can be held against you.

But reality has long since left this conversation.

Has any group of protesters in the past decade been more thoroughly identified, publicly named, and prosecuted wholesale? Serious question.

No pods, no casters