00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Inkolypso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Wild VA Appears

1,043 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A Wild VA Appears 2021-12-13 00:59:54

Hey there guys, I'm new around here and, frankly, have no idea what to do next. But first, a bit about me.

I'm a Veteran, Figure Skater and Voice over artist trying to do something with my life. I have an Associates of Fine Arts and years of acting experience with my local theatre along with a few projects done for friends that involved voice acting.. I'm a huge gamer and otherwise dabble in a bit of everything; painting, hiking, baking, soap making, guitar, etc.

If anyone could help me find my way around here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Response to A Wild VA Appears 2021-12-13 10:48:13

Hey, welcome to the club!

You've already found your way to the forum, so that's a big plus - and I see you've also uploaded demo material, which would be a next good step. You'll find some requests for services on the forums themselves, or more particularly in the Collabinate section. My main advice would be: if you want to get into a project, don't sit around and wait for developers to come knocking on your door. Actively chase up leads, audition a lot - you'll want to build up a network too - and promote yourself. I've only really been at this stuff for a little over a year now, but I've managed to generate a lot more work for myself than I could have imagined. And most if not all of it, either directly or indirectly, is for putting in the effort.

Hope you find your way here. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to hit me up.

Response to A Wild VA Appears 2022-01-12 11:33:10

At 12/13/21 10:48 AM, LuckyDee wrote: Hey, welcome to the club!

You've already found your way to the forum, so that's a big plus - and I see you've also uploaded demo material, which would be a next good step. You'll find some requests for services on the forums themselves, or more particularly in the Collabinate section. My main advice would be: if you want to get into a project, don't sit around and wait for developers to come knocking on your door. Actively chase up leads, audition a lot - you'll want to build up a network too - and promote yourself. I've only really been at this stuff for a little over a year now, but I've managed to generate a lot more work for myself than I could have imagined. And most if not all of it, either directly or indirectly, is for putting in the effort.

Hope you find your way here. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to hit me up.

Thank you so much for all of the tips and advice. It can be really scary starting out, haha, I might take you up on the offer for questions :)

Response to A Wild VA Appears 2022-01-13 18:51:48

At 12/13/21 12:59 AM, VoroVoice wrote: Hey there guys, I'm new around here and, frankly, have no idea what to do next. But first, a bit about me.

I'm a Veteran, Figure Skater and Voice over artist trying to do something with my life. I have an Associates of Fine Arts and years of acting experience with my local theatre along with a few projects done for friends that involved voice acting.. I'm a huge gamer and otherwise dabble in a bit of everything; painting, hiking, baking, soap making, guitar, etc.

Hello, I'm a fellow gamedev. Nice to have you here!

Play the game Pocket Killers Here if you like slasher stuff. (Especially if you like playing as the killers in horror)

BBS Signature

Response to A Wild VA Appears 2022-01-13 22:06:25

At 1/13/22 06:51 PM, anothergamedev wrote:
At 12/13/21 12:59 AM, VoroVoice wrote: Hey there guys, I'm new around here and, frankly, have no idea what to do next. But first, a bit about me.

Thank you! Still getting used to navigating NG, but I think I'm not doing too shabby. Now if only I could figure out how to make a network and promote myself, haha.

Response to A Wild VA Appears 2022-01-14 21:20:33

At 1/13/22 10:06 PM, VoroVoice wrote:
At 1/13/22 06:51 PM, anothergamedev wrote:

Thank you! Still getting used to navigating NG, but I think I'm not doing too shabby. Now if only I could figure out how to make a network and promote myself, haha.

My best bet is to find people looking for voice actors, like on this thread and forum. It won't hurt offering people that might need a voice actor, we won't bite :)

Play the game Pocket Killers Here if you like slasher stuff. (Especially if you like playing as the killers in horror)

BBS Signature