00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions!

2,674 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_486847_3529346.webp

Welcome, here is the final thread for the second Video Game Music Challenge! First, I want to thank the challenge designers, Troisnyx, and Tomfulp for helping make this event happen. We had a surprisingly high level of registration this year, with all groups becoming full within days after launch.

To make this event even more successful, it’s imperative that participants listen to and comment on other participants’ submissions. It would be great if you can write as many reviews as you can for other participants in your group. Even if you’re new to composing music and can’t offer much valuable criticism, simply stating what you like about a song will still be appreciated (:

This is a for-fun event, so there are no winners and losers. Those of you who have submitted exceptional tracks will likely be rewarded by the moderators with a front page feature, if you haven’t already.

The challenge designers will do their best to review your song by the end of December. You may send a friendly reminder if you don't get a review by the new year. If you submit your song late, please contact the challenge designer of your group to ask for a review. Challenge designers are not obligated to review late submissions; they agreed to review songs submitted by a certain date, and I want to respect that. Late submissions will generally not be added here. If I missed your on-time submission, let me know and I will ask a moderator to add it.

Feel free to share your thoughts about the event in this thread and offer suggestions for improvement! Please bear in mind that many of us who volunteer to host events have limited free time and have to cut some corners.

Here are the groups and submissions:

@Zechnition - Fathomless Caverns

@DawMii - 1.Undertown 2.Undersewers

@PythonBlue - 1.The Lost City of Ri 2.The Temple of Ri

@AKJanklin - 1.Geoslyvania 2.Crystal Will

@Vanhelyx - In The Depths

@RedCocoa - The Forgotten Circus

@Magentanide - Unfathomable

@SnaresWorks - 1.Advent - VGMC 2021 2.Calendar - VGMC 2021

@Anacet - a sharp intake of breath

@CreatorsStudio - Extraterrestrial Life

@Everratic - The Fight for Humanity

@S34-M0NST3R - Fight For Humanity

@Dylz49 - Destroyer

@Mister131 - Crossroad: Final Boundary

@Chipsalot - Strings

@Mutty99 - Void Heart

@PenncilkDerpnz - Void Heart

@Anonymous-Frog - BeepBoxClock - Shitzophrenia

@epikuro - Wrath of the Crow

@chiptami - HEART.VOID

@SkyeWint - The Mad Princess’s Castle

@ProdMARROW - Wandering Eyes

@DigitalProdigy - From Heaven To Hell

@MoundsofMayhem - stone ballroom

@MOOOKS - Mad Castle

@EverReverb - Airbase N5

@FJOB - The Last Hope

@Gatoextremoupd - Metal charge

@CorruptModule - Arcem Caeli 98-y

@HomeSpreading - Sky High Alliance

@EezySeven - Flight of Honor

@OrangeFluff - The Fight for Avornia

@xZiriusX - The Battle of Airbase N5

@Force64 - Red Alert!

@Yayday-4evr - Airbase N5

@vermeen - Air Raid

@c0mc1ol - Against All Odds

@VociferousMusic - Unknown Planet Survival

@Hypervolt - Unseen World

@Kettako - Recolonize

@Greyvoice - A Lone Beacon In The Rough

@Lordant - Murmansk

@GeneralBaker - Unfinished Stories

@ziadoa - Unknown Planet test

@Troisnyx - Hallowed Festival Day

@insertNameHere0 - Celebration in the city

@ScottJacob - Something Brews Under Festive Lights

@Petrol4brains - Hallowed Celebration

@Tebyricat - Wednesday of Ashes

@AyeRansom - Banded Riot

@SeanAlexi - Rock Your World

@LD-W - As Existence Fades Away

@WakerLink - Dead Souls Toll No Bells

@VocalOutburst - Your World is Unraveling

@nyxl - Your World Is Unraveling

@JCCs - Pages of Asbarin

@TheVodouQueen - Mysterious Land, Magickal People

@Bafana - Hold Strong

@CloakedSoup - Unraveled

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-03 00:02:22

Congrats to everyone who participated!

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-03 04:13:17

CreatorsStudio - Extraterrestrial Life (Unknown Planet Survival).

CreatorsStudio - The Rise Of Darkness (Fathomless Caverns).

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-03 05:02:59

At 12/3/21 04:13 AM, CreatorsStudio wrote: CreatorsStudio - Extraterrestrial Life (Unknown Planet Survival).

Make adjustments!

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-03 05:19:43

Had an absolute blast working on my tracks even if I procrastinated for approximately 98% of the time and had to make them in a weekend basically :D

Congrats to everyone who participated, the tracks I've listened to so far have been pretty great. GGs all around.

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-03 08:46:26

This was a good challenge! And it helped me learn a bit more about making music.

Funny thing is that I was actually doing a school research project on Lena Raine and I got to figure out how chiptune is made a bit better from this blog post (Highly suggest reading it if you want some insight on the matter). This challenge gave me an opportunity to try and apply this knowledge! It felt cool.

Thanks a ton for letting me participate! And congrats to everyone who participated and submitted an entry too! <3

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-03 09:00:08

I want to speak about the challenge. It was something with something.

«In fact, I don't really know how to compose anything!» - I said, before this challenge. I gained new experience, mastered some tricks, got one step closer to processing the track. I really liked it.

I want to congratulate everyone who took part and created something of their own. It's incredible! Many of the pieces that I listened to were cool. You are great fellows! Thank you, the users of the great Newgrounds for giving us the opportunity to feel a little more independent in terms of composing music!

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-03 16:06:46

Just wanted to say thanks for the opportunity. I fully admit I've been on a bit of a hiatus musically lately, so I feel like this was necessary for me on some levels to get myself back into it. Congratulations to everyone else who participated as well.

Python Blue - composer

http://www.python-blue.com/

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-04 23:14:04

At 12/3/21 05:02 AM, CreatorsStudio wrote:
At 12/3/21 04:13 AM, CreatorsStudio wrote: CreatorsStudio - Extraterrestrial Life (Unknown Planet Survival).
Make adjustments!

!!!

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-05 15:49:01

At 12/4/21 11:14 PM, CreatorsStudio wrote:
Make adjustments!
!!!

I don't think anyone can edit posts past the 30-minute mark. Might be worth having @Everratic making an update to this thread notifying the respective challenge makers of your submissions.

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-05 21:37:04

At 12/5/21 03:49 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
Make adjustments!
!!!
I don't think anyone can edit posts past the 30-minute mark. Might be worth having @Everratic making an update to this thread notifying the respective challenge makers of your submissions.

Thanks for your response, however. CreatorsStudio is not supposed to have two submissions for two different groups. That's why I only included one.

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-06 03:05:27

At 12/5/21 09:37 PM, Everratic wrote:
Make adjustments!
!!!
Thanks for your response, however. CreatorsStudio is not supposed to have two submissions for two different groups. That's why I only included one.

Why not?

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-06 03:11:43

At 12/6/21 03:05 AM, CreatorsStudio wrote:
Make adjustments!
!!!
Why not?

Maybe this is why.

iu_489911_3805804.webp

You already had one group.

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2021-12-06 06:48:54

At 12/6/21 03:11 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 12/6/21 03:05 AM, CreatorsStudio wrote:
Make adjustments!
!!!
Why not?
Maybe this is why.

You already had one group.

Oh, I'm sorry... Okay.

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2022-01-15 19:04:16

At 12/2/21 09:45 PM, Everratic wrote:
The challenge designers will do their best to review your song by the end of December. You may send a friendly reminder if you don't get a review by the new year.

@nyxl - Your World Is Unraveling
@JCCs - Pages of Asbarin
@TheVodouQueen - Mysterious Land, Magickal People
@Bafana - Hold Strong
@CloakedSoup - Unraveled

Just checking in on @VocalOutburst? Doesn't seem to have been active for awhile?

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Music Challenge II - All Submissions! 2022-04-29 20:40:48

At 1/15/22 07:04 PM, Bafana wrote:
At 12/2/21 09:45 PM, Everratic wrote:
The challenge designers will do their best to review your song by the end of December. You may send a friendly reminder if you don't get a review by the new year.

Just checking in on @VocalOutburst? Doesn't seem to have been active for awhile?

Ghosted. Boo.