00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

extradoodley just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dead Estate Art Contest!

62,663 Views | 171 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_434459_7594542.webp

You might've heard by now that Dead Estate is releasing on Steam on October 19th. Dead Estate is a project that my buddies and I have been working on since around August or September last year. We originally made it as a submission for Newgrounds's annual Halloween contest and we ended up getting first place!

Since then, we partnered up with 2 Left Thumbs (@noodle) to

1. SIGNIFICANTLY expand the game, and
  2. Publish it on Steam along with a few other platforms! (maybe Nintendo Switch eventually)

The game is releasing in just a few short weeks, so to celebrate we're gonna be hosting an art contest with prizes! You can draw WHATEVER YOU WANT as long as it fits into the rules below!

Additionally, we're gonna split this thing into two categories: SFW and NSFW. Both categories will have pretty much the same prizes, although there are a couple of additional rules for the NSFW category.

RULES & GUIDELINES

1. Submit your piece with the tag "dead-estate-art-contest" if it's an SFW submission or "dead-estate-nsfw-contest" if it's NSFW by October 15th.
  2. Your submission has to depict something or someone from Dead Estate. (big surprise, I know)
  3. Anything 18+ must be submitted to the NSFW category, not the SFW category.
  4. You can't make an edit of an SFW piece and submit it to the NSFW category or vice versa. One or the other!
  5. Keep NSFW submissions tasteful. Basically don't depict anything illegal or revolting.

It's probably worth clarifying that .GIF animations are allowed!

Now here's the good stuff:

PRIZES

SFW prizes:

1st place - $100 + Steam key for Dead Estate + Your submission will be included as a trading card on Steam!

2nd place - $50 + Steam key

3rd place - $25 + Steam key

4th place - Steam key

5th place - Steam key

NSFW prizes: (these are basically the same as the SFW prizes minus the "your work as a trading card" reward)

1st place - $100 + Steam key

4th place - Steam key

5th place - Steam key

REFERENCES

Here are some references for a handful of the characters in the game. Go crazy with them!:

iu_434460_7594542.webp

Additional references can be found here.

Submissions will be judged by myself, @milkyace, @MZZA, @Stradomyre, and @GeloxLP. We're planning on announcing contest winners on October 18th -- the day before Dead Estate releases.

Don't forget to tag your submissions with either "dead-estate-art-contest" or "dead-estate-nsfw-contest"!

If you submit something SFW and post it on Twitter, include "#DeadEstate" or @milkbarlads and I'll be sure to retweet it on our account. Now get to work, you've got until October 15th! Good luck!

insane killstreak totals

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:04:08

HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:05:49

LETS GOOOOOOO!!!

hi :)

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:09:06

First Place should get nothing, I'll donate $100 to both prize pools if 1st place gets nothing, your move JAK

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:09:44

At 10/1/21 05:09 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote: First Place should get nothing, I'll donate $100 to both prize pools if 1st place gets nothing, your move JAK

hmmmmno

insane killstreak totals

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:10:19

This looks cool

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:10:29

At 10/1/21 05:09 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote: First Place should get nothing, I'll donate $100 to both prize pools if 1st place gets nothing, your move JAK

hmmmmno

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:21:16

iu_434478_9267773.jpg

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:22:51

Good luck everyone! Super excited to see what you all come up with!!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:26:06

So to Clarify: can we only submit one piece for the entire contest or can I submit a SFW as well as an NSFW piece individually? Thanks!!!

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:27:58

At 10/1/21 05:26 PM, Ryu-Inu wrote: So to Clarify: can we only submit one piece for the entire contest or can I submit a SFW as well as an NSFW piece individually? Thanks!!!

two pieces max, one per category, and they both have to be unique :)

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:31:25

HOLY SHIT!!!!

!iu_434490_6919429.gif

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:33:57

Hell yeah, I'm gonna try this out!

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 17:37:13 (edited 2021-10-01 17:38:13)

RULES & GUIDELINES

MMMMMHHH VERY TEMPTING!!!...

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 18:02:19

I dont care if I get first place, I NEED a Steamcard!!! Count me in!

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 18:10:30

Hmm what to draw for Jack..

JoJo Collab in 2065! Get hyped!

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 18:17:02 (edited 2021-10-01 18:17:37)

heres my sumission of jack hope u like it

iu_434526_5299330.webp

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 18:21:17

At 10/1/21 06:17 PM, Oddlem wrote: heres my sumission of jack hope u like it

5 stars !!!

insane killstreak totals

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 18:42:06

Oh hell yeah

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 18:56:21

Jack its not your fault please dont harm yourself please dont blame yourself if you are having negative thoughts please message me and we can talk through this together i promise i'll treat you better than anyone else here and please just message me i swear i will treat you right

"i hope shal cums on me" - brandy buizel

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 18:57:55

At 10/1/21 06:56 PM, Shal wrote: Jack its not your fault please dont harm yourself please dont blame yourself if you are having negative thoughts please message me and we can talk through this together i promise i'll treat you better than anyone else here and please just message me i swear i will treat you right

shall please make art for this or i might do something horrible

insane killstreak totals

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 19:07:54

I'm gonna draw the games coolest secret character if you know what I mean ;)

Come on down to Fulpstation, baby

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 19:14:07

At 10/1/21 07:07 PM, Snackers wrote: I'm gonna draw the games coolest secret character if you know what I mean ;)

yea THAT one that ONE character yea you should draw THEM

insane killstreak totals

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 19:17:35

Hell yeah, I want to try. Good luck to the others as well!!!

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 19:53:46

Yay! Good luck guys! : )

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 20:45:13

At 10/1/21 04:59 PM, Jack wrote:
You might've heard by now that Dead Estate is releasing on Steam on October 19th. Dead Estate is a project that my buddies and I have been working on since around August or September last year. We originally made it as a submission for Newgrounds's annual Halloween contest and we ended up getting first place!

The game is releasing in just a few short weeks, so to celebrate we're gonna be hosting an art contest with prizes! You can draw WHATEVER YOU WANT as long as it fits into the rules below!

Additionally, we're gonna split this thing into two categories: SFW and NSFW. Both categories will have pretty much the same prizes, although there are a couple of additional rules for the NSFW category.

RULES & GUIDELINES

PRIZES
SFW prizes:
1st place - $100 + Steam key for Dead Estate + Your submission will be included as a trading card on Steam!
4th place - Steam key
5th place - Steam key

NSFW prizes: (these are basically the same as the SFW prizes minus the "your work as a trading card" reward)
4th place - Steam key
5th place - Steam key

REFERENCES
Here are some references for a handful of the characters in the game. Go crazy with them!:

Submissions will be judged by myself, @milkyace, @MZZA, @Stradomyre, and @GeloxLP. We're planning on announcing contest winners on October 18th -- the day before Dead Estate releases.

Don't forget to tag your submissions with either "dead-estate-art-contest" or "dead-estate-nsfw-contest"!

If you submit something SFW and post it on Twitter, include "#DeadEstate" or @milkbarlads and I'll be sure to retweet it on our account. Now get to work, you've got until October 15th! Good luck!

can I submit 2 different artworks? one sfw and one nsfw?

i dont know what im doing

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 20:47:16

At 10/1/21 08:45 PM, flowingcheech wrote:
At 10/1/21 04:59 PM, Jack wrote:

RULES & GUIDELINES

PRIZES
SFW prizes:
4th place - Steam key
5th place - Steam key

4th place - Steam key
5th place - Steam key

REFERENCES

can I submit 2 different artworks? one sfw and one nsfw?

you can submit one in each category, the only rule is that you can't submit the same image or an edit for both categories

insane killstreak totals

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 20:48:46

you can submit one in each category, the only rule is that you can't submit the same image or an edit for both categories

thanks for clarifying :D

i dont know what im doing

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 21:05:25

I’ll donate to 5th place. Also first post

None

BBS Signature

Response to Dead Estate Art Contest! 2021-10-01 21:06:20

New art Contest just dropped! Ready your knifes! Get this Cakeiu_434681_8401504.webp