00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

dreamygf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can I upload music that isn’t mine under these conditions?

371 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Am I allowed to upload audio that I do not own if I turn off downloading, don’t use any licenses etc. so I can use it in a playlist? I also wouldn’t ask to be scouted so I can have the audio used in Geometry Dash or any other third party things. Thanks.

At 7/25/21 09:10 PM, Liam8788 wrote: Am I allowed to upload audio that I do not own if I turn off downloading, don’t use any licenses etc. so I can use it in a playlist? I also wouldn’t ask to be scouted so I can have the audio used in Geometry Dash or any other third party things. Thanks.

No.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

At 7/25/21 09:10 PM, Liam8788 wrote: Am I allowed to upload audio that I do not own

No

if I turn off downloading, don’t use any licenses etc. so I can use it in a playlist?

Also no, you can't upload what you didn't make.

I also wouldn’t ask to be scouted so I can have the audio used in Geometry Dash or any other third party things. Thanks.

You need to be whitelisted to use songs in Geometry Dash. If you upload stolen songs, then I'm sure you won't be whitelisted.

https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/content-submission

Roptob also made a statement about this years ago.

"In recent years, a number of Geometry Dash fans have been uploading music they didn’t create to Newgrounds, in the hopes of using it in their levels. To try to prevent abuse, Newgrounds required accounts to be scouted before their music could be used.

This lead to additional problems, where players would upload stolen music and then convince other community members to scout them. The NG moderation team is a group of volunteers, and handling this matter was taking up hours of their time every day. Because of this, a change in how the system works has to be made.

Under the new system, all previously approved artists can still be used in Geometry Dash. However no new artists will be able to have their music used in GD by default.

This means that even if you get a stolen song past the NG moderators and even if you convince someone to scout you, your song will still never work in Geometry Dash. We are hoping this will stop the growing problem with song theft, so that Geometry Dash can continue to use Newgrounds as a resource for music."