00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Skarp-Mahoney just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Does hard work still pay off?

480 Views | 32 Replies

Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-05 23:16:47

Because I'm starting to doubt that bullshit more and more everyday

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Not anymore it does, you're spot on with this quote!

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-05 23:22:51

What do you do?

4ever Monstercat

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-05 23:26:05

Not really

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-05 23:29:41

At 7/5/21 11:26 PM, DrunkGecko wrote: Not really

But wouldn't one rather put some effort in something instead of being unserious or lazy? Hard work does pay off, you've offered a service that is qualitative. That makes the Universe a better place to live on, so it's good! Not bad.

4ever Monstercat

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-05 23:36:23

If it did then laborers would be millionaires.

However, there are some labor jobs that pay well: Crab fishing (in the Bering Sea) for example.

Though it is highly dangerous, to both the crew and the ship.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

in any case, no. it's not worth it.

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 00:12:40

you can like work all your life and get about 12 years of elderly leisure!

sound worth it?

At 7/5/21 11:43 PM, quarantineROT wrote: in any case, no. it's not worth it.

Get a job that you like.

Hint: Creator

4ever Monstercat

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 00:25:30

If you don't work hard, you'll likely never even have a ghost of a chance of achieving your goals and dreams. Effort follows ambition.

@Fro is a good example. He worked tirelessly for years in pursuit of excellence. Now he can literally lift cars.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 00:31:59

It can and usually does but for who is the question.

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 00:35:14

At 7/6/21 12:25 AM, TailsPrower wrote: If you don't work hard, you'll likely never even have a ghost of a chance of achieving your goals and dreams. Effort follows ambition.

@Fro is a good example. He worked tirelessly for years in pursuit of excellence. Now he can literally lift cars.

Maybe he meant some dead-end job or something and not the all encompassing term "work"... dunno.

4ever Monstercat

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 01:04:24

The obscenely rich don't work hard, if that's what you're asking. They find ways to exploit people or to exploit the system, legal or illegal, or their ancestors did and they just inherited it.

I'm not saying a rich person never did or does any work, but not commensurate with their wealth, no.

They find ways to extract wealth from other people, and to generally be leeches in the system. Has the CEO earned all their wealth, or have they merely taken most of it from their workers? Why does the worker pay continue to decrease while the CEO pay continues to increase? That money has to go somewhere.

Does the CEO who already has more wealth than can be reasonably spent in a lifetime really need added bonuses, at the expense of reduced worker salaries, layoffs, longer hours for less pay (for the remaining workers) and so on?

"Work hard and you'll get rich" says the rich man who never worked a day in his life.

And someone like Elon Musk, I generally like, as far as billionaires go. But still, should he take a pay cut to thereby give his employees pay raises and generally improve their lot? Yes! Absolutely.

I'm not saying the rich are all bad people, just that they generally haven't earned their wealth. And yes many of them are bad people.

Likewise, you can work your ass off and not be making much or any money at all.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

At 7/6/21 01:04 AM, NeonSpider wrote: The obscenely rich don't work hard, if that's what you're asking. They find ways to exploit people or to exploit the system, legal or illegal, or their ancestors did and they just inherited it.

I'm not saying a rich person never did or does any work, but not commensurate with their wealth, no.

They find ways to extract wealth from other people, and to generally be leeches in the system. Has the CEO earned all their wealth, or have they merely taken most of it from their workers? Why does the worker pay continue to decrease while the CEO pay continues to increase? That money has to go somewhere.

Does the CEO who already has more wealth than can be reasonably spent in a lifetime really need added bonuses, at the expense of reduced worker salaries, layoffs, longer hours for less pay (for the remaining workers) and so on?

"Work hard and you'll get rich" says the rich man who never worked a day in his life.

And someone like Elon Musk, I generally like, as far as billionaires go. But still, should he take a pay cut to thereby give his employees pay raises and generally improve their lot? Yes! Absolutely.

I'm not saying the rich are all bad people, just that they generally haven't earned their wealth. And yes many of them are bad people.

Likewise, you can work your ass off and not be making much or any money at all.

No rich person ever gained the money by being a slacker. Wegra is an exception since he's leeching off on his families wealth.

4ever Monstercat

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 03:09:16

At 7/5/21 11:16 PM, Wegra wrote: Because I'm starting to doubt that bullshit more and more everyday

quick answer no

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 03:40:55

At 7/6/21 12:35 AM, AudioMachina22 wrote:
At 7/6/21 12:25 AM, TailsPrower wrote: If you don't work hard, you'll likely never even have a ghost of a chance of achieving your goals and dreams. Effort follows ambition.

Maybe he meant some dead-end job or something and not the all encompassing term "work"... dunno.

Yea, because if he means like Retail, then no, hard work does not pay off. If you work hard, then you get the privilege

of doing someone else's job without a promotion with the promise of a promotion.

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 04:25:11

At 7/6/21 03:40 AM, Iggykoop wrote:
At 7/6/21 12:35 AM, AudioMachina22 wrote:

Yea, because if he means like Retail, then no, hard work does not pay off. If you work hard, then you get the privilege
of doing someone else's job without a promotion with the promise of a promotion.

Yes. Retail. I wonder if I'd still be motivated to take on these jobs without boring the ass off me. Boring tasks are boring... now if there really is such a thing as boredom when I'm free. Free as in having and owning EVERYTHING.

4ever Monstercat

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 04:39:53

At 7/6/21 01:04 AM, NeonSpider wrote: The obscenely rich don't work hard, if that's what you're asking.

They do, or at least the upper echelons of the obscenely rich do they're generally workaholics.

At 7/6/21 04:39 AM, W1nnie wrote:
At 7/6/21 01:04 AM, NeonSpider wrote: The obscenely rich don't work hard, if that's what you're asking.
They do, or at least the upper echelons of the obscenely rich do they're generally workaholics.

Excuse me if I am accusing you... but did you direct that smiley at me?

Ma homeboy. Go play some gameboy or something, you must be bored...

4ever Monstercat

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 04:44:54

At 7/6/21 04:41 AM, AudioMachina22 wrote:

I'm afraid my high powered, jet set, coked up lifestyle doesn't leave me time to play the game boy.

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 04:47:36

Yes, provided you are in the right direction.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 04:54:49

At 7/6/21 04:44 AM, W1nnie wrote:
At 7/6/21 04:41 AM, AudioMachina22 wrote:

I'm afraid my high powered, jet set, coked up lifestyle doesn't leave me time to play the game boy.

I see. Steal some time then... 7

4ever Monstercat

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 04:55:55

it depends on what the work is

Floating in space

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 06:47:17

When DID hard work ever pay off?

Lookin for who asked, I like edgy and flash stuff. Heard Candice and Joe got in a relationship recently. GODDAMN IT WEGRA!

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 06:55:48

Hard work helps but is not guaranteed to pay off. Consistency is more helpful honestly - no matter if you're giving 100% or more like 50%. People are unfortunately more likely to notice you when you're not at 100% and are twice as likely to remember it. You can get lucky and luck + hard work will result in the best results.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 07:25:06

Maybe

Hi Nice To Meet You I'm Yosos and I do Pixel art.

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 07:38:59

no not really sometimes but not all the time

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 10:26:40

Not commensurate to their wealth.

You have a system. It has inputs and outputs. And you have nodes. The workers are the nodes. While the bossman probably does some work, the workers do most of the work, yet the bossman reaps the majority of the rewards. So, he did not earn all of it, in a fair sense. He exploited the workforce. In the worst cases of exploitation you have literal slavery where the bossman takes 100% of everything. But in other cases, the bossman is still usually taking significantly more than he produced.

Put another way, without workers, no work gets done. Without a bossman, it is still possible for work to get done, albeit perhaps more haphazardly. So which is more essential? Yet which reaps most of the rewards?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 10:35:02

Worked for me so far. I bought a house earlier this year.

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 10:52:38

At 7/6/21 10:26 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
You have a system. It has inputs and outputs. And you have nodes. The workers are the nodes. While the bossman probably does some work, the workers do most of the work, yet the bossman reaps the majority of the rewards. So, he did not earn all of it, in a fair sense. He exploited the workforce.

Not all work is of equal value, also the owners should in a fair system be able to reap the rewards of risk they put in to the business, often pouring large sums of money in, working under poor conditions, very long hours, usualy for no initiall compensation in a world where the majority of start ups fail, all businesses are vunerable and they could very easily end up on the streets if things go wrong.

Also life in general is inherently unfair.

Put another way, without workers, no work gets done. Without a bossman, it is still possible for work to get done,

Without investment and organisation you're basically at stone age levels of productivity.