00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kmau just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Does hard work still pay off?

482 Views | 32 Replies

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-06 20:08:25

At 7/6/21 10:52 AM, W1nnie wrote: Not all work is of equal value, also the owners should in a fair system be able to reap the rewards of risk they put in to the business, often pouring large sums of money in, working under poor conditions, very long hours, usualy for no initiall compensation in a world where the majority of start ups fail, all businesses are vunerable and they could very easily end up on the streets if things go wrong.

Yes I'm sure those rich billionaires and multi-millionaires are gonna end up on the streets.

Worst case, they lose some money out of the huge pool of money they were never going to be able to spend in their lifetime anyway, while still living a life of luxury.

Now the workers, on the other hand ...

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-07 13:24:50

Not to the people doing it.

iu_350978_2278460.jpg

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Does hard work still pay off? 2021-07-09 14:14:22

I got fired yesterday. I spent the last four years going to school, training, and applying for this career, only for it to fall through because I wasn't cut out for the job after all. I worked hard for it. Really hard. Did all my efforts pay off? Not in the way I had hoped, but I am not walking away empty handed either. I've acquired unique skills and experiences and met some great people along the way because of the tremendous effort I committed towards the path I chose.

While I find myself back at square one and feeling lost, I will not dwell in discouragement, despair, or self-pity. I will continue to work hard towards whatever my next goal will be because a man with a sense purpose and the courage to pursue it is never truly weak. Hard work may not always pay off in the way you expected but if you truly believed in the work you did and gave it your all, then it was always worth it. Keep moving forward and never quit on yourself.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature