00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

neojuge just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Announcing my new collaborative podcast that I want ALL OF YOU to work on with me!

1,004 Views | 28 Replies

Alright, so yesterday I released the first part of a new audio project I'm working on, called Nol's Therapy Mansion. Basically it's a storytelling podcast about a guy named Zeph travelling through the mystical province of Zodkoon, in order to track down a mysterious therapist he has been hypnotised to follow. It is told from the perspective of Zeph and narrated by yours truly. Here's the first episode right here:

I'd recommend you'd listen to this before reading further.

To sum up the first episode though, Zeph gets a business card for Nol's therapy business and gets hypnotised to drive all the way to his mansion, only to find out Nol the therapist is not there.

Therefore, Zeph must now travel all throughout the land of Zodkoon in a desperate bid to find this mysterious therapist, who may or not be able to rectify his problems with sleep paralysis. Along the way, he will encounter various odd characters and locations who will give him various cryptic clues as to where this Nol guy is, some of them getting him closer, others simply wasting his time. It's all about the journey for Zeph.

HOWEVER! I want YOU ALL to be part of the podcast's production! How so? Let me explain!

To sum it up, Nol's Therapy Mansion is something of an urban fantasy story, with aspects of horror, thriller, comedy, mystery, neo-noir and just general bizarreness all mixed in together. I want to leave most of the setting as ambiguous as possible but there are a few things to keep in mind:

• Zodkoon is a province situated in what is basically our world. It is a land known by the outside world as being highly supernatural in its both its people and its general landscape, violating natural law in almost every capacity.
  • Nol is a therapist and a sailor who lives in his lavish mansion in pretty much the middle of nowhere, deep in the heart of Zodkoon. He is known for sending out paraphernalia of his business that hypnotises anyone who sees it into coming to his mansion and having a therapy session with him. However, this time around when Zeph goes to his place, he is nowhere to be found.
  • Zeph is the main character and the straight man, a 19-year-old guy navigating this world from the perspective of basically any one of us normal people. He has on-and-off problems with depression and sleep paralysis though, and generally suffers from a lack of ambitions in life. However throughout this podcast he is still to a certain degree hypnotised into trying to find Nol.
  • Zeph has a car he drives but cannot seem to find his phone.
  • Zeph (voiced by me) is the narrator who is being interviewed to tell his story after the fact. So he's not going to die or anything.

And that's about it! Now what part do YOU guys get to play?

I want you guys to, in the replies, post your own ideas/prompts/bios for characters, locations, tools or any other particular item or phenomenon you want Zeph to encounter in the podcast!

If I think your submission is good enough, I will try to work it into the plot of the next episode!

Here's how the templates will go:

For a living creature:

Name:

Species:

Description: (you can include age and other general things in here too. Get as detailed as you want!)

Personality/behaviour:

For a location:

General description: (get as detailed as you want)

Creatures that live here: (optional)

For an item:

Item:

Description:

General purpose:

For any other miscellaneous thing:

Type of phenomenon:

Description:

And I think that about covers everything. Go as crazy as you want!

And yes, I'm allowing more than one submission per person :)

So yeah guys, let's make this a cool little collaborative project for all of us to partake in. It may end up being a really compelling story or it may just be a total shitshow, who knows?? (probably the latter) Let's make something happen here! Bounce ideas off each other, do whatever it takes!

Looking forward to your ideas :D

coo coo bitch lmfao

General description: It's Newgrounds innit

Creatures that live here: Edgelords

At 4/4/21 09:43 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: Screw it I'm pinging a bunch of people.
@everyone
do your thing lads

I wasn’t invited?

Obama fan

Commissions are open, click banner to commission me !!

BBS Signature

At 4/4/21 09:47 AM, JimmyBiscuit wrote:
At 4/4/21 09:43 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: Screw it I'm pinging a bunch of people.
@everyone
do your thing lads
I wasn’t invited?

I couldn't remember everyone at once, but of course you can come!

coo coo bitch lmfao

Name: Juno

Species: Demon

Description: Her age is 21, and her outfit is mostly pastel gothic style clothing, her skin color is red, her tail is shaped as a heart, and I believe her weapon is a fire sword, but the colors of the flames are purple. She has Tourette’s and can sometimes have bad tics. Her sexuality is considered to be bisexual.

Personality: Quirky, Shy, Rude, and Curious

♡︎Married To Boomhauer and Rusty Shackleford♡︎

🪶🧡🐈‍⬛Cherokee/Apache Princess and Queen Of Egypt🧡🪶🐈‍⬛

Redcornpilled🌽💖Professional Yandere 🔪🫀🩸💕💋

BBS Signature

Awesome!

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature

Description: A planet in a really far area from the Solar System. Can only be accessed by using a jetpack powered by garbage. A place suitable for human and alien life. Zeph is an inhabitant in that area, and he travels Zodkoon to find the therapist. Dresidea is more advanced and less corrupt than earth.

BBS Signature

Name: Belthagor

Species: Forum Member and Admirer of SevenSeize (Secretly)

Description: (you can include age and other general things in here too. Get as detailed as you want!) 30 Y/O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zxl5G8d810

Personality/behaviour: The alpha male of Newgrounds. Former smoker of tobacco. Romantic. Liked by all the ladies on newgrounds. Has a collection of songs advertised here: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/962638

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

At 4/4/21 05:52 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
For a living creature:

Name:

B.F.B (Big fucking bat)

Species:

Bat

Description: (you can include age and other general things in here too. Get as detailed as you want!)

It is a giant bat with dark leathery wings, no one knows what it looks like up close.

Personality/behaviour:

It snatches people and puts them in it's lair inside the railway bridge and eats them after a while.

It likes people but still eats them it also keeps a horde of demons at bay from a portal from hell

For a location:

General description: (get as detailed as you want)

Huge railway bridge over a valley, a hundred and fifty yards wide two miles long 600 feet above the lowest point of the valley.

Constructed from 1840 to 1880 red brick

Made of a dozen parrelel rows of arches on which the track bed rests.

Most of the lines are abandoned and the railway usually turns a blind eye to people walking on the empty bits.

A mess of moss litchen, budleia and other weeds in places a few holes here and there.

To the north there are higher hills to the west and south the lands are flat and mostly agricultral to the east are milder green hills.

The valley is slightly damp and boggy it used to have a certain amount of industry but that has gone.

The river is small and gentle.

There are houses some big some small, mostly victorian with a couple of modern estates.

As well as the usual shops and schools and roads.

There are small pastures and meadows a branch line goes to the north.

Creatures that live here: (optional)

BFB, smaller bats, lots of shetland ponies.

For an item:

Item:

Bloody shovel.

Description:

Small rusty iron shovel.

Smells of dust and coal

Made in 1880 it doesn't break or wear out if it's thrown out it will return to the vicinity of the railway and the person who tries to get rid of it will generally die.

Anyone who gets in a fight with the person holding will inevitably lose

General purpose:

digging

For any other miscellaneous thing:

Type of phenomenon:

Ghost train.

Description:

Massive mile long train pulled by a grey steam locomotive Never stops but some times reaches a low enough speed that it's safe to risk boarding.

It's unsuprisingly full of ghosts but they mostly just look and act like commuters.

can travel through walls and along tracks that don't exist anymore to places that don't exist anymore.

It's screaming whistle is generally considered a public nuisance.

Being run over by it normally just leads to mild concussion but can make you dissapear without a trace normally to reappear again at an unkown place at an unkown time.

For an item:

Item: Vibrator

Description: Vibrates

General purpose: Female masturbation

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Phenomenon: Shadow of the derelict

Description: A confused vagabond wanders onto the scene and grumbles about how he defeated the hitler dragon. Everyone receives a temporary INT debuff.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

I have a few location and object ideas (nearly all of these will be real life locations) and some of the creatures will be real and fake

General description: The biggest city in Nigeria

Creatures that live here: Madam Koi Koi (a character from a Nigerian urban legend. The story goes that she was a teacher at a school and she was known for her shoes and beauty, but she was a complete asshole to her students. She got fired from where she worked after slapping a student. She was involved in a car accident shortly after, ans she swore that she would get her revenge. Students at the fictional school say they heard the sound of high heels in the hallway, which is the shoe she wore.)

General description: The main city in Okinawa

Creatures that live here: Haniwa (Clay sculptures that were buried with the dead, but these haniwa move (they inspired the gyroids in animal crossing and those gyroids move so that's where I got my idea from)), Tengu (A supernaural creature with a godlike status)

Object: A mysterious VHS tape in Spanish

Description: A vhs tape with Spanish text that Zeph doesn't understand. He puts it in a VCR, and he finds out that it's a lost tape of the bjork stalker, Ricardo Lopez. He also finds his diary about his obsessions with bjork (This actually happened, and the setting for this scene is in Miami, Florida, close to where Ricardo lived.)

Those are my ideas so far. I'll edit this post as I come up with more ideas.

BBS Signature

Location: Separate dimension/ pocket dimension. It has no name. Very very few people know of it and a portal leading to it only appears rarely.

It's the size of a closet.

There's a chair in it.

One who sits down in this chair will hear occasional voices. Sometimes mostly just stretches of silence. The voices may seem snippets of conversations or random exclamations. They may be spoken in languages never heard before. It may seem the voice(s) are directly directed at the listener in the chair. They may be frightening.

And maybe. Just maybe. They may tell the person exactly what they need to hear.

But the portal to that tiny dimension is fickle. It has no set time of being open and there's no telling when it will close.

Don't let it close on you. You will be trapped in there forever. But the next person to stumble upon that dimension will always, ever find that chair to be empty.

Sounds like you're crowdsourcing a storywriter.

BBS Signature

Fine though, I'll play this game.

General description: An enormous carnival/circus located in the middle of a vast/dense forest. There are no paths or signs that lead to it, and no hints as to it's origin. The lights that emanate from the carnival at night draw in the curious, and those who reach the festivities never return. It's said that the unlucky souls who wander towards the big top tent that reaches above the tree-tops are forever damned to be a part of the show.

Creatures that live here: Wonderlust: The mysterious ringmaster and holder of ceremonies. Once a successful runner of his own circus, a terrible accident ruined his reputation and took his life. Through methods unknown, he lives again, and now holds a never ending circus, trying endlessly to perfect the performance that he failed in his previous life.

BBS Signature

So, AI Dungeon, then?

At 4/4/21 04:31 PM, Kerriska wrote: So, AI Dungeon, then?

Yep, pretty much!

coo coo bitch lmfao

I do see some potential with this, here, lemme put in here what i got:

Name: Hysis (Hai-sis)

Species: ant person

Description: A tall lady with short hair that is dressed in formal attire. Black vest, dark grey shirt, garnet tie, black pants and black shoes.

She is the owner of the bar ‘Counting Sheep’. Inside, she tends to help and give the others advice, moral support like a caring mother.

Hysis possesses the power to get inside people’s dreams, all it needs is someone to meet her and examine them, by widening their eyelids and analyzing their eyes, not only she can see the individual’s soul but also creates a link between her and the person so she can enter their dream.

Personality/behaviour: Calm, motherly and mysterious. Hysis tends to show a nurturing feeling in front of others like a great mother caring for her young. Nobody really knows why she does these but she always say that ‘one must first analyze their problem so their soul can die and be reborn anew, I just help the soul to die sooner.’

General description: A bar in Zodkoon that not many people go in, but the people who frequent the place tend to suffer from internal problems.

Phenomenon: Hysis’s Analysis

Description: Whether dreaming or in sleep paralysis, if you have met Hysis she can appear and analyze your dreams. She will only stop doing so if she is told to stop or her task in helping the individual she met was successful.

EDIT: Also, i think this would fit for a theme for her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-XG8nSfPI

At 4/4/21 10:14 PM, Garnet-Frost wrote: I need to know if you will give credit to other people's work first. I have a few ideas, I'll only offer one, but I had never done a "collab" before.

I'll leave credits for everyone who gave me their ideas if that works for you.

coo coo bitch lmfao

At 4/4/21 08:11 PM, WokioWolfy wrote: I do see some potential with this, here, lemme put in here what i got:

Name: Hysis (Hai-sis)
Species: ant person
Description: A tall lady with short hair that is dressed in formal attire. Black vest, dark grey shirt, garnet tie, black pants and black shoes.
She is the owner of the bar ‘Counting Sheep’. Inside, she tends to help and give the others advice, moral support like a caring mother.
Hysis possesses the power to get inside people’s dreams, all it needs is someone to meet her and examine them, by widening their eyelids and analyzing their eyes, not only she can see the individual’s soul but also creates a link between her and the person so she can enter their dream.
Personality/behaviour: Calm, motherly and mysterious. Hysis tends to show a nurturing feeling in front of others like a great mother caring for her young. Nobody really knows why she does these but she always say that ‘one must first analyze their problem so their soul can die and be reborn anew, I just help the soul to die sooner.’

I might have to choose a different song because I'm pretty sure NG has a rule against audio submissions containing copyrighted music. Aside from that you have an awesome idea!

coo coo bitch lmfao

At 4/5/21 07:00 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
I might have to choose a different song because I'm pretty sure NG has a rule against audio submissions containing copyrighted music. Aside from that you have an awesome idea!

I don't think that this game's soundtrack is copyrighted, i know that all of Yume 2kki was a Yume Nikki fangame project made by a lot of members of that fandom.

At 4/5/21 04:15 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 4/4/21 10:14 PM, Garnet-Frost wrote: I need to know if you will give credit to other people's work first. I have a few ideas, I'll only offer one, but I had never done a "collab" before.
I'll leave credits for everyone who gave me their ideas if that works for you.

I think giving credits is a good idea, most collabs give credits to the people who worked on the project, even reanimated projects do that.

First of all I want to apologize for being late after being pinged. I was out celebrating my birthday and Easter Weekend. Second I wish to thank @HarvyloThePigeon for pinging me, for this drew me to the interesting idea. Because I like this idea so much I'm gonna do all four templates. Should I need to make other posts due to the character limit I will.

Living Creature:

Name: The Elusive Musician.

Species: Human, but with a mix of celestial and demonic auras surrounding him.

Description: 5000 years old, but looks to be in his early 30s. Somewhat heavyset but handsome, Wears an indigo shirt, blue denim jeans and a black leather jacket. Has long hair that's a mix of blond, brown and black. A somewhat tanned face with some stubble and wears an indigo bandana. Is often seen with a Les Paul on his back and a six shooter in his pocket.

Personality: Laid back, philosophical. Often has interesting thing to say and is kind of a stoner. However if he gets enraged for any reason, especially if someone innocent is getting hurt, one of two things could happen. The first, His words become so much venom, that if he were to tell someone off and end it with the words "Kill yourself." they'd be compelled to do so. The second and the worst, being, that 5 millennia of travelling worlds and playing his music, has allowed him, to learn every single combative concept in every world. Meaning if someone challenged him to a fight, he'd kill them 5 times before they hit the ground. Long story short, he's nice, but don't piss him off.

Name: Ceol Sgoinneil (Meaning Great Music)

Description: A vast and peaceful land, which contains 10 000 miles of varied climate through each land section. One part is all spring, one part is all summer, one part is all fall and one part is all winter. All of which also has their favourite genre of music, from classical to even dubstep today. Upon setting foot in this land, outsiders are detected, because even when they're not singing and just talking, song notes appear to come out of their mouth, similar to expelling smoke in a cigarette. Only each note comes out at the speed of the word. For example, if someone was saying one word 4 beats long, it'd be a whole note. It's an otherwise peaceful place, but it could overwhelm the senses of all that set foot. Their motto "Music is our Therapy."

Creatures: The Ceols, the overall dominant Race of the land. Each faction divided by the seasons and music genres. (Rock Ceols, Rap Ceols, Classical Ceols etc.) But each come together for various meetings on how to keep peace between them. Especially since they just recovered from the music wars. Much like Zeph, they too are in desperate need of a therapist in spite of their motto.

Item: Beethoven's First Hearing Aid.

Description: A trumpet like device designed to stick into one's ear to aid in hearing loss. One of many in Beethoven's collection, but this one is lost among them.

Purpose: To anyone outside the music and therapy world, it's useless. However to the music and therapy world it has many purposes. Both believe it contains properties or even the essence of Ludwig Van himself. Musicians, believe that it would help them increase their skills to the Nth Degree. Even go so far as saying that they could hear all of Beethoven's works when they hear it and memorize it perfectly. While Therapists believe something it causes the brain to rewire itself and they want to know how.

Type of Phenomenon: The Great Sound.

Description: A single note played on the highest point of a planet. One that no one has ever heard before and many have tried to duplicate. However once succeeded, it can cause either great or disasterous effects depending on the heart of the person making it. If the person is pure of heart, the sound would unite the world for the better. If the person is pure evil. The world would be plunged in eternal darkness and insanity. However if someone just simply has a lot of baggage. Like say someone needing to see a therapist, then it just creates the modern world we have now. Crappy, but things could be worse.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

CIEIR, short for "Could It Exist In Real-Life?"

(Pronounced Seer: A person who can see the Future.)

See the future through music. Feel the future through music.

Item: Red Wristband

Description: A rubber wristband colored in red. Has a button on it to pull up a mini screen of people he has met after encountering them. Also works as a mini-map and he can play tic-tac-toe on it.

General-purpose: To remind him of things so he won't repeat the same mistakes.

Milo from pokemon is great!

Item: Diamond shaped emerald

Description: It is hold within a secret tunnel of the ancient castle of king Bernabe. Also owned by the next man in line, Brevard the XV, and must protect it from other groups.

General purpose: It holds the powers to heal the sick and injured, and drive away parasitic monsters around the world.

iu_273823_8436322.jpgName:Ruby

Sexuality:Asexual (queer)

Description:Stick-figure spieces called a sticklad, dark blue skin, brown hair, bandage and scar on face, dark cyan jacket with denim stickers showing two sound waves, a triangle, two dots, a heart, and one that says "E7". Purple shirt saying "SICK". Wears dark indigo heart necklace.

Personality: She is friendly, nice, anti-racist, edgy, cryptic, and confident. She is a good friend to even humans. Is an introvert and doesn't talk a lot, prefers to read books, watch shows, and eat. Loves fried chicken and zorgablob (weird edible slime made with strawberries,chocolate, carbon dioxide, and mentos, which is edible to humans, but can explode) You better not mess with her though, because she is really powerful. Likes Zeph and is willing to help him.

Powers: Has psychic powers, can control electricity, knows really good karate, and has psionic-energy attacks. Really powerful, don't mess with that lady.

Location:From Grindslyvania, a suburbia in Dresidea, but often hangs out at earth. Lives in a two story house, with a cat.

BBS Signature

Thing: Spirit Psyche

description: A crimson thingy unknown to most entites. Has a purple rock that is normally bearabllyhot, but is know to be strangely cold when touched when touched by someone worthy. Can alter the fabric of space and time, and turn the user into a more powerful entity. Causes the user to be able to possess it's powers. Does not give powers to people who are so terrible they are not worty, or stupid people. and act like normal people. Ruby is the current owner, and she is scared her enemies will find them, so she uses it's disguise form to resemble granite, a common rock, She trusts Zeph to keep it safe, so she doesn't have extreme fear.

BBS Signature

Really loving all these submissions guys! I've gathered up a few I've considered the best though, and the next episode will be out in a day or two. After that, I'll make another thread just like this and we'll go through it all again, though I will be keeping in mind submissions in this thread that I left out.

Cya maties soon!

coo coo bitch lmfao

tl;dr bruh

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature