00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LilSisSyd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

One year since the pandemic officially began.

865 Views | 40 Replies

On March 11, 2020, the WHO officially declared the COVID-19 outbreak to no longer be an epidemic, but a pandemic. This faithful is what resulted in massive lockdowns commencing all across the world in a matter of days, and nothing would ever be the same.

Technically the pandemic really began in December 2019, but I think this is when the pandemic as we know it really began. When the lockdowns and other things really began. Most of us probably still had the feeling on March 10 that this was just going to be a minor little outbreak that would go away in a few months. But March 11 and the few days following it really was the turning point.

Honestly, after all this is over, March 11 should become an official international holiday or celebration or something. Call it something like "Coronavrius Day" or something like that, to commemorate every single one of us each who had our lives drastically changed by this pandemic, to those who died, to those forced to continue working on the frontlines through the whole pandemic, etc.

What was your reaction at the time? Did you have any idea or thought that it would lead to all that has happened as of today?

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-11 10:40:22

At 3/11/21 09:58 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: What was your reaction at the time?

Same as now: Who cares if we all die?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-11 10:55:43

Happy anniversary, COVID-19.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-11 11:33:58

I was a bit worried at the time because I had just come outta hospital and was still improving, didn't really know what was up with me still but I wasn't pulling my hair out being stressed

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-11 11:45:01

Something something COVID-19 was invented by governments to control people something something paid actors something something.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-11 12:00:14

Somebody had lung AIDS in Wuhan and now we're all wearing face diapers.

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-11 12:06:51

At 3/11/21 09:58 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: On March 11, 2020, the WHO officially declared the COVID-19 outbreak to no longer be an epidemic, but a pandemic. This faithful is what resulted in massive lockdowns commencing all across the world in a matter of days, and nothing would ever be the same.

Technically the pandemic really began in December 2019, but I think this is when the pandemic as we know it really began. When the lockdowns and other things really began. Most of us probably still had the feeling on March 10 that this was just going to be a minor little outbreak that would go away in a few months. But March 11 and the few days following it really was the turning point.

Honestly, after all this is over, March 11 should become an official international holiday or celebration or something. Call it something like "Coronavrius Day" or something like that, to commemorate every single one of us each who had our lives drastically changed by this pandemic, to those who died, to those forced to continue working on the frontlines through the whole pandemic, etc.

What was your reaction at the time? Did you have any idea or thought that it would lead to all that has happened as of today?

Some front line doctors in the USA and now Canada are saying remove the measures. I am with them! It has been a YEAR!! Why is covid still 'spreading'!!? Also, why aren't we locking down for world hunger? The billionairs could fix that! But they don't. Why? Because they are SELFISH LITTLT PRICKS!! I'm sorry for screaming in text form but I am fed up with the tyranny that they have put on us.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-11 12:07:49

At 3/11/21 11:45 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Something something COVID-19 was invented by governments to control people something something paid actors something something.

Unbelievable, but true.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-11 12:53:53

At the time I saw it all unfolding from inside a hospital.

Late February, my grandpa had a stroke. At 89 this made his only hospital stay in his life. While news here was gradually getting more and more serious me, my dad, and his 2 sisters were just focused on pa. When we were going to sit with him, what he was having done that day, how he's handling it, and what his recovery process might look like. During our visits we gradually saw more and more posters about hand washing. Signs about wearing a mask if you're sick. Hand sanitizer on every corner. He had the operation to clean out the artery that had caused the stroke a couple of weeks before lockdown. When we finally got out of our own heads and realized that the virus thing we had barely heard about was serious was when we needed special permission to see him afterwards and we weren't allowed to touch him. I'll admit, we all held his hands. He was tired, a little anxious about being cooped up for so long, and it looked like we might not be able to visit when they got stricter. He had just gotten a debit card the year before and that level of technology annoyed him (I took him and one aunt grocery shopping once a week up until then, and I "had a talk" with the machine for him most of the time. I sorta had just looked over his shoulder for his pin when I realized he had trouble putting it in sometimes). The monitoring equipment in that pace was wild looking and creeped all of us out. One aunt is a former nurse (the other worked in records for the same hospital system) and both ran into friends there that said shit looked bad. One of them was shaking when she talked about it.

I've spent the last year basically as I always have, but I don't go to thrift stores right now. I miss them so much. I had a routine of going with my dad for his guitar lessons on Friday, and then getting all of our errands done. Pawn shop, book store, recycling, walmart, lowes, thrift store, and then food lion. Now I grab pickup orders, and the book store is closed. As far as my real "job" every place I have art at right now is an antimasker, even the one I thought was cool and smart. My workshop is close to fixed but I'm in no hurry to expand because I know it's just going to be more of the same.

Now I'm fighting to get vaccinated so we can worry less about pa. He's doing great now and I'm his only caregiver not in a group that's allowed the vaccine here (Dad is a patient through a hospital network that's doing it, aunts are over 65). To be a caregiver by their rules you have to be on a payroll. Grandpa slipping you a $20 as a "business investment" when you come to clean every week or fill in for someone else's shift isn't quite employment. We are having a hard time convincing him to get it just because he's worried about getting both doses. Luckily it looks like they straightened that out here, and we have his doctor in the loop. If his doc says it's time to get it he won't question it. I'm calling it part brain fog, part being a contrary old man, and part a family tradition of being difficult about everything.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 13:48:14

I'm going fucking crazy I bought two toy accordions and high heel boots over the pandemic year, and the only reason i go out is basically for food and I don't even wear shoes then, I just wear beach sandals all of the time shit

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 14:18:14

All I can say, school never prepared us for this type of situation.

lockdown was pretty nice at the start but slowly became maddening. My solution was to look for something to keep my mind at ease.

I feel like I’ve been able to improve with Art a tad bit

(but mostly catch up on a few games etc)

Heck I even touched animation again for the first time in years...there’s some improving that needs to be done, but I enjoyed it.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 14:27:10

At 3/11/21 09:58 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:

What was your reaction at the time?

Well i was certainly shocked when i found out mr krabs had caught it. iu_258174_7263569.png

signature

BBS Signature

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 14:48:50

At 3/15/21 02:25 PM, animatins wrote:
At 3/11/21 11:58 AM, Veraldstaldt wrote: I got covid not too long ago. It was disappointing, I've had fevers that were worse than this be-all-end-all disease that got the entire worlds panties in a twist. Recovered from it in less than 2 weeks. I only really felt awful for the first 3 days and afterwards I only had some minor headaches for the rest of the time until I was deemed not contagious and was allowed to go back to work.

Other than that there has been absolutely no changes in my lifestyle since it began aside from washing my hands more often.
Stay safe my friend.

May Mad Jack Churchill rise from the dead and bugger you with his broadsword, which he actually fought with in WWII.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 14:53:52

My life hasn’t really change but just wearing masks when I go into stores, I’m more of a home person than going out.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 15:16:25

I'm having very intrusive fantasies about going out and being a part of public events now that there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 18:05:42

At 3/15/21 03:16 PM, Earfetish wrote: I'm having very intrusive fantasies about going out and being a part of public events now that there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

The light at the end of the tunnel can also be an oncoming train.

At 3/15/21 04:38 PM, animatins wrote:
At 3/15/21 02:48 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 3/15/21 02:25 PM, animatins wrote:
At 3/11/21 11:58 AM, Veraldstaldt wrote: I got covid not too long ago. It was disappointing, I've had fevers that were worse than this be-all-end-all disease that got the entire worlds panties in a twist. Recovered from it in less than 2 weeks. I only really felt awful for the first 3 days and afterwards I only had some minor headaches for the rest of the time until I was deemed not contagious and was allowed to go back to work.

Other than that there has been absolutely no changes in my lifestyle since it began aside from washing my hands more often.
Stay safe my friend.
May Mad Jack Churchill rise from the dead and bugger you with his broadsword, which he actually fought with in WWII.
No.

Safety is boring as balls to the point it's better being dead.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

The pandemic was a good year for me because i could learn a lots of things like Programing, Photo-video editing, Web Design (HTML and CSS, a bit of JavaScript), Flash Animation and a tiny bit of Pixel Art.

I even made a decent icon and logo for myself and i got impressed with

BBS Signature

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 20:31:53

Fuck WHO. That's what.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 21:01:48

Sometimes it feels like life will never be what it used to be for us. I just want to go see a movie in the theaters. I really hope they don't all die off after this. Streaming a movie just isn't the same.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 21:48:23

Honestly, if I didn't have my husband and my dog, I'd have killed myself in April. Finally getting to a point where I stop thinking it's a good idea.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-15 21:51:48

At 3/15/21 08:31 PM, DamnWei wrote: Fuck WHO. That's what.

Who?

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-16 03:47:38

At 3/15/21 09:51 PM, Sobolev wrote:
At 3/15/21 08:31 PM, DamnWei wrote: Fuck WHO. That's what.
Who?

CHINA-WHO

I've been crawling out into the fallout instead of being Bert the turtle.

I only duck and cover when I'm about to suck my own dick.

Part of this audio is used in the old cartoon network "Atom Ant" bumper btw.

I thought it was collective hysteria that would last indefinitely together with the stupid flu and I was right

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-16 10:36:54

No, i don't want to be reminded of this, the name holiday and applying it to covid is redundant, leave that to Christmas or Halloween to cheer people up. Now that's some good fun holidays.

All I'm saying is I don't want to celebrate something I hate.

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-16 10:45:48

Personally I'm just surprised how fast 2020 went. Despite being in a horrible pandemic it went by quick as hell. Which is a good thing because now we're almost hopefully at the end

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-16 11:15:02

I consider myself lucky in that I don't know anyone who has died from COVID. I do have a few friends who had mild cases, but thankfully they're ok. I'm also eternally thankful that I've been able to work from home this whole time. I am eagerly awaiting my chance to get the vaccine, but that seems to be taking a while up here in Canada, especially Ontario where the government has definitely dropped the ball.

I look forward to everyone being vaccinated and life returning somewhat to what it was in the before times.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-16 11:23:12

I remember when I thought this shit would be over in July...

im so sweaty

BBS Signature

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-16 17:25:26

At 3/11/21 12:07 PM, FunBoy07 wrote:
At 3/11/21 11:45 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Something something COVID-19 was invented by governments to control people something something paid actors something something.
Unbelievable, but true.

I believe Little-Rena was being sarcastic.

You might want to take a look in a mirror.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to One year since the pandemic officially began. 2021-03-16 19:57:09

At 3/16/21 05:25 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 3/11/21 12:07 PM, FunBoy07 wrote:
Unbelievable, but true.
I believe Little-Rena was being sarcastic.

You might want to take a look in a mirror.

Why