00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What the fuck even is RWBY?

284 Views | 18 Replies

I watched like one and a half seasons of this crap and all it is is a bunch of annoying anime tropes and other dumb ass bullshit and hahahahaha Ruby is wholesome cinnamon roll. Or I dont fucking know

Bottom line What the fuck am I missing? I want to like the show but I cant find any reason to. Come on tell me! If you're a fan Does it at LEAST get better??iu_247317_1488519.jpg

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

It's an American attempt at amateur anime. Yes, it does get better. Every season is steadily and undoubtedly a little higher quality than the last. Don't try to take it too seriously because you won't have any fun with it.

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 13:23:39

idk its been popping up in my remms

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 13:30:43

Haven't seen it but I've spoken with many folks who have. Main quality for the first three seasons is the fights, and given that before the third season released the creative lead and one of the guys in charge of the fights died, and I know of at least one major animator on the project who left at around that time, maybe two, even that disappears come season 4. I've heard they've gotten better since season 4 but not worth watching the show for. Also I'm given to believe the writing is still atrocious 7 seasons later.

Tl;dr it's shit

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 13:44:43

Just like every other shounen you watch it for the waifus.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 14:07:05

I just think of Ruby Red and Sapphire versions of Pokémon when I see that title.

hello

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 14:13:03

At 2/24/21 12:54 PM, Wegra wrote: I watched like one and a half seasons of this crap and all it is is a bunch of annoying anime tropes and other dumb ass bullshit and hahahahaha Ruby is wholesome cinnamon roll. Or I dont fucking know

Bottom line What the fuck am I missing? I want to like the show but I cant find any reason to. Come on tell me! If you're a fan Does it at LEAST get better??

I wouldn't be able to tell you, I've tried watching it years ago but I don't understand what it's trying to be. Even the plot is something I haven't tried to understand. It looks okay, just not my type of show. Not even my 13-year-old cousin at the time was even slightly entertained by this series.

BBS Signature

Fuck Rooster Teeth. Roosters don't even have teeth.

And they killed Screw Attack. Bastards!

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 14:36:57

At 2/24/21 02:34 PM, UggoSonno wrote:
At 2/24/21 02:30 PM, Deity-Donkus wrote: Fuck Rooster Teeth. Roosters don't even have teeth.
And they killed Screw Attack. Bastards!
Did they get rid of death battle is that shit still around I I NEED TO KNOW IF PAC-MAN COULD BEAT SLIMER IN A DEATHBATTLE

It's exclusively Death Battle

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

If you've got a copious amount of free time available to you, Hbomberguy on YouTube did a great video showing what this show is, what promise it had in the beginning, and how it's been mostly stinky garbage for the majority of its existence.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 14:45:33

At 2/24/21 01:21 PM, Zymbot wrote: Is that anything like BYOB?

You mean this kind?

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 14:58:52

At 2/24/21 02:40 PM, ZJ wrote: If you've got a copious amount of free time available to you, Hbomberguy on YouTube did a great video showing what this show is, what promise it had in the beginning, and how it's been mostly stinky garbage for most of its existence.

Good video. There's a lot of effort put into the visuals for something that's like 2 and a half hours long.

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 15:54:48

Lamp Oil, Ropes, Bombs...

You want it? It's yours my friend!

As long as you have enough RWBYs.iu_247380_5554643.gif

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 16:00:58

i didnt really like the 3d art style

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 21:05:03

For as much shit I have given RWBY over the years for something that it isn’t, on a more through examination, it’s less of a failure, and more of a mix of tragedy, arrogance and identity crisis.

From what I’ve seen and heard, part of the reason why RWBY has been so divisive is because of the anime clichés it copies off in the first couple of seasons, only to throw curveballs whenever the story gets bogged down. Another is that story and characterization often takes a back seat to the fight spots, which wouldn’t be so bad if they were trying to be a straight up action series instead of a fairy-tale adventure series, and considering that the quality has been in a tailspin since Monty Oum died, that’s not a good sign.

Finally, When Oum died and a few of the key animators left, the cadaverous chimera of a cartoon began to collapse in reputation and quality, yet Rooster Teeth essentially put much of their eggs on the RWBY basket at the expense of others, that everything else became secondary at best in the hope that they can catch lightning in a bottle again. It’s no wonder why RT has turned into a punchline and will either absorbed into Cartoon Network or be dissolved entirely.

Personally, I have always viewed RT as an overrated one-trick pony company that only held up because they were an indie studio with a good reputation. Now since neither of them are true, RWBY has been buttfucked in a comatose state where all of its flaws have been magnified and about the only thing that can salvage it to have Volume 8 be the end of the series. It should be telling that fanfic writers and R34 artists have treated RWBY a lot better than Miles and Kerry have in the last 5 years, and by proxy, Rooster Teeth as a whole.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-24 23:44:13

The doujins were GREEEEEEEEAT.

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-25 00:38:54

At 2/24/21 12:54 PM, Wegra wrote: I watched like one and a half seasons of this crap and all it is is a bunch of annoying anime tropes and other dumb ass bullshit and hahahahaha Ruby is wholesome cinnamon roll. Or I dont fucking know

Bottom line What the fuck am I missing? I want to like the show but I cant find any reason to. Come on tell me! If you're a fan Does it at LEAST get better??

People love writing fanfiction on this setting for some unknown reason.

Also no, it gets crazier. Wear a blast-proof armorsuit.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-25 03:42:21

I like the leads' designs and the music tbh. But nothing will beat the initial teaser.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck even is RWBY? 2021-02-25 05:45:15

iu_247734_2278460.jpg

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature