00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Groggywench just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate

320 Views | 13 Replies

So I've been jostling around with some ideas for my next podcast episode, and one idea has gotten me thinking. It's probably a really stupid idea, but it's an idea nonetheless.

A lot of people here on NG have varying opinions on the whole state of Friday Night Funkin, the new Twitter crowd coming to Newgrounds and just in general how the site has been changing recently, or even in the past couple years. I'm thinking it might be an interesting idea if we got just a couple regular people here to come onto the mic and just discuss their grievances (or happiness) with these recent developments on Newgrounds, and hopefully it'll be a mildly interesting discussion where a healthy exchange of ideas takes place. And I, the heroic disgusting pigeon Havrylo, will essentially act as moderator for the discussion, I will raise questions for you guys to answer, etc. and all that.

Again this is totally just a piece of shit I am throwing at the wall in hopes of it sticking. This might be just a stupid waste of time; I got other ideas for the next podcast episode anyway. But I'm trying it, because I like to try everything!

So yeah, if any of you are interested in doing something like this, go ahead and say it! I'll try to talk to each of you and try to narrow it down to just a few people. I think having a meta discussion like this on an outlet more people will be likely to see is a good thing, because it's all fine and well to promote what's on Newgrounds, but being able to criticise or at least analyse it is also important.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-20 09:13:19

At 2/20/21 09:01 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: So I've been jostling around with some ideas for my next podcast episode, and one idea has gotten me thinking. It's probably a really stupid idea, but it's idea nonetheless.

It's so retarded that it's brilliant. I'd expect nothing less from a fellow rodent. You're gonna go in places you flying rat!

BBS Signature

I'd volunteer but I don't know if I can trust my internet to play along for a whole podcast. Plus if you're doing it via Discord I don't want to reinstall that until I have my current project done.

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-20 09:56:50

At 2/20/21 09:21 AM, Urichov wrote: I'd volunteer but I don't know if I can trust my internet to play along for a whole podcast. Plus if you're doing it via Discord I don't want to reinstall that until I have my current project done.

Fun fact, you can always use the desktop version.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-20 10:47:52

Look, if you need an extra person, just you know, call me innit, I am sure I can say something.

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-20 12:48:30

i thought this was the ultimate newgrounds debate

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1464714

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-20 12:55:52

At 2/20/21 12:48 PM, DrunkGeckoAssBrain wrote: i thought this was the ultimate newgrounds debate

This one is ultimater.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-20 12:56:31

At 2/20/21 12:48 PM, DrunkGeckoAssBrain wrote: i thought this was the ultimate newgrounds debate

Thanks for posting this thread and giving me a laugh.

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-20 18:30:36

Sign me up, dude

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-20 21:42:40

You can honestly go anywhere with this!

Something similar to like those homeless interviews, even.

I'd volunteer for host if that was the case.

→ "Thank you! Save this [coupon] for a FREE* magical potion/souvenier** on your next visit!"

* I may change my mind

** Depends on stock

BBS Signature

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-20 21:55:25

Sounds cool. Sign me up.

BBS Signature

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-21 01:44:37

Debating in NG? Intriguing. Alas, I cannot promise participation until more details are given.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-21 04:11:47

At 2/20/21 07:50 PM, AGAccona wrote:
At 2/20/21 09:01 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: So I've been jostling around with some ideas for my next podcast episode, and one idea has gotten me thinking. It's probably a really stupid idea, but it's an idea nonetheless.

A lot of people here on NG have varying opinions on the whole state of Friday Night Funkin, the new Twitter crowd coming to Newgrounds and just in general how the site has been changing recently, or even in the past couple years. I'm thinking it might be an interesting idea if we got just a couple regular people here to come onto the mic and just discuss their grievances (or happiness) with these recent developments on Newgrounds, and hopefully it'll be a mildly interesting discussion where a healthy exchange of ideas takes place. And I, the heroic disgusting pigeon Havrylo, will essentially act as moderator for the discussion, I will raise questions for you guys to answer, etc. and all that.

Again this is totally just a piece of shit I am throwing at the wall in hopes of it sticking. This might be just a stupid waste of time; I got other ideas for the next podcast episode anyway. But I'm trying it, because I like to try everything!

So yeah, if any of you are interested in doing something like this, go ahead and say it! I'll try to talk to each of you and try to narrow it down to just a few people. I think having a meta discussion like this on an outlet more people will be likely to see is a good thing, because it's all fine and well to promote what's on Newgrounds, but being able to criticise or at least analyse it is also important.
Dang this is something I thought about heavily for the past two weeks. As a long-time lurker and someone who was familiar with the site's content as an outside for over a decade(seeing animations on youtube), and now directionless with where to primarily post art after being on twitter and tumblr for so long, I'd love to see this podcast idea come to life. By regular people, are you only considering active NG users only? Still an interesting topic nonetheless

Yes, active NG users only! If you want to be one of the guests to come on that'd be great!

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Sign-up thread for the ultimate Newgrounds debate 2021-02-21 04:52:46

At 2/21/21 01:44 AM, SatanBrain wrote: Debating in NG? Intriguing. Alas, I cannot promise participation until more details are given.

Basically you, along with a few other guys, will be on a podcast episode (my amazing podcast that is) to talk/debate with each other about the current state of Newgrounds in general, and what the recent floods of new artists from other sites have been doing to shape things around here. I imagine quite a few people have varying opinions on whether the site has been changing for the better or worse in recent times, and just from your post history you seem to have some strong opinions yourself. So if you want to do it, feel free to DM me and we can work on arranging it!

coo coo bitch lmfao