00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TuffzNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Shopping Cart Theory

802 Views | 36 Replies

The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 10:55:52

I nearly always return my cart.

Sometimes if I'm waaaaay the fuck out in BFE, nowhere near a cart return, I don't.

But I'd say 97% of the time I return my cart.

You?

iu_211927_1414829.jpg

Also I think I might have stolen this from @Ryanson..... I definitely stole this from someone here.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 11:00:06

But what would happen to Wegra if everyone did?

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 11:13:41

At 12/21/20 10:55 AM, SantaSeven wrote: I nearly always return my cart.
Sometimes if I'm waaaaay the fuck out in BFE, nowhere near a cart return, I don't.

You?

Also I think I might have stolen this from @Ryanson..... I definitely stole this from someone here.

Over here shopping carts require a coin to unlock, and you only get it back when you return the cart.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 11:31:44

I always put my cart back, even when it's bitter cold outside.

Drives me crazy when lazy SOBs don't put them back, ESPECIALLY when the cart corral isn't even 30 ft away. Wish I could find those people and repeatedly dent their vehicles with the carts they don't return.

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 11:33:17

You should always return your cart. Someone is out there watching you...

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 14:54:09

100% of the time, if I feel particularly inspired I even wheel it back to the main corral at the entrance.

Just trying to make their job easier, I used to collect shopping carts like several users here.

I don't judge those that don't, but at least be considerate enough to park it in one of the medians or something. When people just leave them out in the open, it takes up parking spaces and at worse when it's a windy day out they can collide with other cars.

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 15:03:01

I feel like people overestimate how much effort pushing a cart takes.

Like, when you're out there doing it, you're doing it. You make a little route and get your carts.

It's a bad thing that people get free self congratulations. Yeah, you put the cart back, but did you yell at the cashier for 10 minutes about duh chip?

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 15:08:05

I support free ranging carts.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 15:28:27

I take the shopping cart with me, to add to my steadily growing collection.

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 15:32:51

EnchantedTestyBear-size_restricted.gif

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 15:44:35 (edited 2020-12-21 15:45:32)

I don't know how well this theory works for me, considering I thought it was something you HAD to do and now I'm too used to returning it :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 16:05:21

At 12/21/20 11:13 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

You?

Over here shopping carts require a coin to unlock, and you only get it back when you return the cart.

Or, you could use a plastic chip which you can get for free at most supermarkets. I have quite a collection of them already, because I always forget to take one with me...

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 16:10:48

I'm a returner - a pillar of a civilized society.

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 17:25:59

At 12/21/20 04:05 PM, Haggard wrote:

You?

Or, you could use a plastic chip which you can get for free at most supermarkets. I have quite a collection of them already, because I always forget to take one with me...

I use my guitar pick. What else is a drummer like me to do with a guitar pick?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 18:10:57

When I was 14, I was hired by a grocery store chain to do their cart wrangling. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that leave their carts wherever. They'd walk them to nearby apartment complexes and leave them in the lobby, until the apartment managers would call us to come and get the 50 carts sitting in/around their building. Other people would leave their carts at a nearby trolley stop, until the entire stop turned into a parking lot for grocery carts. I chased 1 or 2 carts down that were careening across the parking lot, because the person finished emptying it and then just "let go."

So yeah - I always bring my cart back.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-21 18:27:42

At 12/21/20 10:55 AM, SantaSeven wrote: Also I think I might have stolen this from @Ryanson..... I definitely stole this from someone here.

It was indeedly me. Because I'm worth it.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 01:52:42

At 12/21/20 05:25 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/21/20 04:05 PM, Haggard wrote:

You?

I use my guitar pick. What else is a drummer like me to do with a guitar pick?

Lol, drummers are the ones who never learned how to play chords, so they just hit their instrument, hoping it will at least somewhat resemble music.

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 01:59:49

At 12/21/20 11:38 AM, Sekhem wrote: anyways, i pay for the groceries and stuff so i never push the cart

So how do you move the cart around inside the supermarket? By sheer willpower?

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 02:14:02

At 12/21/20 11:15 AM, Zymbot wrote:

You?

You need a quarter to unlock a cart at Aldi, but it'd put it back even if it was free.

You'd have to borrow a coin from someone. Leprechauns only carry gold

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 02:26:00 (edited 2020-12-22 02:26:51)

You?

There's a store here that does that, called Aldi, but it's not like as big as Walmart or Target or other stores. I've never seen another store do it.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 03:40:00

I return them most of the time. A couple of times it was a super windy day and the cart got away from me but headed to the store. People just grabbed them and shopped.

I had a worker throw a tantrum at me before for not bringing the cart back into the store. I put it in its proper place outside though.

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 06:50:34

At 12/22/20 01:52 AM, Haggard wrote: Lol, drummers are the ones who never learned how to play chords, so they just hit their instrument, hoping it will at least somewhat resemble music.

Without me, the band descends into chaos.

At 12/22/20 02:26 AM, Ryanson wrote: There's a store here that does that, called Aldi, but it's not like as big as Walmart or Target or other stores. I've never seen another store do it.

You don't have to lecture me on Aldi. The brothers who founded Aldi were the richest people of Germany (and now a war is being waged over their inheritance).

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 07:08:15

when I was younger I wouldn’t put it back but now I always put it in the right place. I hate seeing shopping carts spread through out the parking a lot, even thought I won’t do anything about it.

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 08:08:17

I make it an effort to return shopping carts to corrals. It's mostly just because if I see a lone cart in the lot, taking up a spot, the cart is just going to be an inconvenience to others.

That said, I probably would do this even as the world ends lmao.

Can and will do stupid shit for style points.

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 15:51:13

At 12/22/20 06:50 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/22/20 01:52 AM, Haggard wrote: Lol, drummers are the ones who never learned how to play chords, so they just hit their instrument, hoping it will at least somewhat resemble music.

It's called "Free Jazz".

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 18:32:41

At 12/22/20 03:51 PM, Haggard wrote:
It's called "Free Jazz".

Even free jazz has a beat, though.

Math rock, on the other hand…

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 19:09:27

It's called "Free Jazz".

Why is Jazz in prison? What can we do to free our poor boy?

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-22 19:25:24

To throw a wrench in the works (spanner for you British types), would a blind person be exempt from this "return the shopping cart else you're a douchebag" idea?

I mean they're blind so they can't even see. Nevermind how they managed to get there.

What about other cripples?

Maybe you're assuming some dude was a douchebag, but instead he simply had no arms and didn't want to bite down on the cart to go return it

Or maybe the cart was haunted and moved out there of its own accord. Have you consulted the spooky skeletons to see if this is the case?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-23 00:48:50

At 12/22/20 06:32 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
It's called "Free Jazz".
Even free jazz has a beat, though.

Math rock, on the other hand…

Drummers can be replaced by drum computers, though (I'll just leave this here: https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Angelo_Sasso/14343 )

I mean, counting to 4 over and over again isn't that hard anyway. (And no, there are no other beats than 4/4, or polyrhythms or stuff like that. Nu-uh!)

Response to The Shopping Cart Theory 2020-12-23 04:20:02

first heard about this from beau of the fifth column, i return the cart literally every single time except when the corral is full at which point i still put it in but it is hanging outside of the corral.

End of Line.

BBS Signature