00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine?

4,299 Views | 169 Replies

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 02:06:55

To answer the question of the thread topic, I plan on taking the COVID Vaccine.

The way I see it is, is essentially that once the Vaccine rolls out to the general populace, it will at the very least be required to be taken if say, for instance, you're looking to get hired for a new job oooorrr if you're intending to continue your college education. Granted, I can't be absolutely certain that such a requirement will be necessary for either scenario, but that could be the case in order to minimize any further spreading of COVID.

Plus, I feel like it is more or less my own responsibility to ensure the potential safety of my fellow Americans; not to mention I tested negative for the virus and I'd like to keep myself from getting sick with the virus anyhow.

Can and will do stupid shit for style points.

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 07:36:43

I'll happily take it, I've put worse things in my body by far. If you've ever taken a key bump from a stranger in a bar, then you shouldn't be worrying about a vaccine.

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 09:50:52

At 12/15/20 07:41 PM, EdyKel wrote: Throwing out a bunch of shit to see what sticks

Does the existence of data that contradicts your opinion bother you that much?

Son, I also looked into that, and what you are pointing out is a Chines study that some Brazilian medical scientists are pointing to as an excuse (a lot of people died because of it) for why they got the dosage so wrong. A study that is being promoted by the Chines Government, who are also promoting the idea they have it under control with only 50,0000 deaths. A study that was written early on in the pandemic before they realized that most people were asymptomatic to it, and already had high immunity to it. That the study is more likely flawed, or part of a Chines propaganda. But, if you want to trust the Chines government, and the medical scientist who killed a lot of people with it out of political kowtowing.....

And here you are gloating over the comments by some Brazilian medical scientist in June of 2020 who was doing it for political kowtowing, who is giving an excuse about why he gave out high doses that did a lot of damage to people's health there by pointing to a Chines government study in march of 2020 on why he got it so wrong..... And it's been months since then, and you would think we would have heard about some measure of success if they got the dosage right there. Nope. But here is a recent study that should be a nail in the coffin for your claim, not that it will end your conspiracy since it's not what you want to believe.

Three mistakes on your end - one, I didn't gloat. That's what you're doing right now, talking like you know it all. Second, you assume I would just trust the CCP just because someone made a mistake - that's a slippery slope right there. Clearly, the problems in the Brazillian study were caused by overdosing on something which was completely different from hydroxychloroquine (their words, not mine), and which doesn't have (in the same article) substantial evidence to prove that an overdose is "needed". Three, you people will never be satisfied unless a study follows the Party Line. Why does something that aligns with your opinion considered an 'unshakeable truth' while a study that does not is considered 'fake'?

Double standards.

Moving on, so far - we've proven that

1) Your claim to hydroxychloroquine is 'an unproven, dangerous chemical used in aquarium cleaners' is a lie.

2) The claim that 2mg is a lethal dose has been proven wrong by your 'nail in the coffin'. (thanks!)

3) Hydroxychloroquine is not a 'miracle cure' - only a supplement that should not be overdosed whatsoever, and not used as a primary prophylactic (which the studies I've pointed out takes notes - yours doesn't. It would help if you read the whole thing, and not just the abstracts).

4) The WHO is compromised due to the CCP's influence.

PS: The Chinese government does not have it under control. Never had. You're a fool if you believe that.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 12:59:59

At 12/16/20 09:50 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 12/15/20 07:41 PM, EdyKel wrote: Throwing out a bunch of shit to see what sticks
Does the existence of data that contradicts your opinion bother you that much?

You haven't provided any serious amount that would, in a coherent manner, or even related to the subject at hand other than trying to tie it with inferences and slippery slopes.

I think I have done more with the data by showing your hypocrisy with examples of you backing a drug that is being politically promoted, forced onto a populace with medical scientists kowtowing to those political forces, while relying on what China tells them, while still not having any evidence that the drug has been widely used to fight coronavirus with positive results in countries using them other than questionable studies done early on in the pandemic. All the while you are constantly ignoring anything that greatly contradicts and dwarfs your own meager and questionable data . Critical thinking is not your strongest suite. You might want to put a dunce cap on and quietly sit in the corner at this point.

Son, I also looked into that, and what you are pointing out is a Chines study that some Brazilian medical scientists are pointing to as an excuse (a lot of people died because of it) for why they got the dosage so wrong. A study that is being promoted by the Chines Government, who are also promoting the idea they have it under control with only 50,0000 deaths. A study that was written early on in the pandemic before they realized that most people were asymptomatic to it, and already had high immunity to it. That the study is more likely flawed, or part of a Chines propaganda. But, if you want to trust the Chines government, and the medical scientist who killed a lot of people with it out of political kowtowing.....

And here you are gloating over the comments by some Brazilian medical scientist in June of 2020 who was doing it for political kowtowing, who is giving an excuse about why he gave out high doses that did a lot of damage to people's health there by pointing to a Chines government study in march of 2020 on why he got it so wrong..... And it's been months since then, and you would think we would have heard about some measure of success if they got the dosage right there. Nope. But here is a recent study that should be a nail in the coffin for your claim, not that it will end your conspiracy since it's not what you want to believe.
Three mistakes on your end - one, I didn't gloat. That's what you're doing right now, talking like you know it all. Second, you assume I would just trust the CCP just because someone made a mistake - that's a slippery slope right there. Clearly, the problems in the Brazillian study were caused by overdosing on something which was completely different from hydroxychloroquine (their words, not mine), and which doesn't have (in the same article) substantial evidence to prove that an overdose is "needed". Three, you people will never be satisfied unless a study follows the Party Line. Why does something that aligns with your opinion considered an 'unshakeable truth' while a study that does not is considered 'fake'?

If that is what you tell yourself. And you continue to make these slippery slopes by relying on things unrelated to to the current discussion to argue how things are now, while still not having concrete or relevant evidence to back it up with. And now you are jumping all over the place trying to savage the remanents of your crumbling argument.

Double standards.

Moving on, so far - we've proven that

1) Your claim to hydroxychloroquine is 'an unproven, dangerous chemical used in aquarium cleaners' is a lie.

You are relying on a Chines study, and one other, in the early months of the pandemic, with less known about Covid, while other later studies (and even wide use) continue to show that the higher the dosage the more dangerous it is, while lower dosages don't have the desired effect in boosting the immunity or even helping people get over Covid - the prime reason for it's use.

2) The claim that 2mg is a lethal dose has been proven wrong by your 'nail in the coffin'. (thanks!)

The nail in the coffin just shows it doesn't work over covid, period. At this point, you are moving the goal post over something I didn't say, to try and desperatly save face at this point as your points continue to fall around you.

3) Hydroxychloroquine is not a 'miracle cure' - only a supplement that should not be overdosed whatsoever, and not used as a primary prophylactic (which the studies I've pointed out takes notes - yours doesn't. It would help if you read the whole thing, and not just the abstracts).

A potentially dangerous one, with many deaths attributed to it, while not showing any real benefit over covid - even as a supplement - as you put it.

4) The WHO is compromised due to the CCP's influence.

So is the Chines study that touts the benefits Hydroxychloroquine.

PS: The Chinese government does not have it under control. Never had. You're a fool if you believe that.

Never said I trust them, just mocking you for your about face in trusting their study over Hydroxychloroquine while you rip the WHO for what you think is kowtowing to them.

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 13:54:21

At 12/15/20 06:53 PM, Gimmick wrote: Can it with the snide remarks, nobody fucking used hydroxychloroquine for SARS and you know it.

I know zinc helps the immune system. Stop dodging the question.

Aw, boo hoo. Let me play you a song on the world's smallest violin.

But in all seriousness, can it with the snide remarks if you can't take the heat right back. And no, I don't know - this is indeed the first time I'm hearing about this. Keep your mouth clean.

Says the guy who made assumptions about a scientific study...makes you look desperate and hypocritical.

These assumptions are all in your head. Why? Because I haven't read through the entirety of the SOLIDARITY trial results yet. Still, I really do mistrust the WHO, as we have proven that it has become too subservient to the politics of the paper tiger. I would take what they say with a pinch of doubt.

The Predict program involved having observers from the US stationed in certain "hotspots" around the world, mainly China and parts of Africa where novel diseases could start.

It was canned late last year, and the rest is history.

Explains it far more comprehensively than I can.

That was quite a fascinating read, thank you.

"Scientists must explore the most advanced frontiers of research while citizens attend to the least glamorous tasks of personal hygiene. Physical supplies matter—test kits, protective gear—but so do intangibles, such as “flattening the curve” and public trust in official statements."

That would be rather difficult to score because some public officials in the US were still salty about the nothingburger Mueller report and were trying to make every step taken look 'inappropriate' and downplaying the danger of the pandemic. The travel bans were called 'an outrage!', attempts at initial safety precautions were mocked, and the list goes on.

It's only now that the pandemic has reached the US, that - instead of following common sense, the panic peddlers went into overdrive, blaming old man Trump for what they did. At the moment, I have a timeline that I have not managed to entirely verify just yet - and when I do, I'll post it right here.

I don't really know why the current US administration shut down the PREDICT initiative. Maybe Trump was rattled by this case?

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 14:01:26

At 12/10/20 10:08 AM, CitizenGoose wrote: Im referring to the Pfizer one, but you could decide to choose one from another company.

I personally would choose getting the coronavirus than this vaccine. Do you know how long they have to be testing this stuff to confirm it works right? And if it doesnt work right, the side effects are dangerous.

In latin america, one of these big companies(i think it was pfizer) was testing out a vaccine with volunteers. The volunteers would sign that they wouldnt have children for the following 2 years. That does not sound good.

And Covid is weird AF. It mutates a ton. If we dont have a vaccine for stuff that is less weird, that we understand better, and that has been under observation for way way longer... how can we be sure they got it under control?

Ive seen articles about old people taking them and everybody going like "yeah if they do it we can too!"... well, first, how do you know they took it, and second, they already lived their fricking life, young people are yet to have kids and develop.

So idk thats my argument.

Absolutely not. I am vaccine injured and if I have another I might die because idk the aluminum and mucury do something funny to me and don't even get me started on the GMOs. REMEMBER: YOU CAN SAY NO; YOUR BODY YOUR CHOICE!!

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 15:46:21

At 12/16/20 12:59 PM, EdyKel wrote: Never said I trust them, just mocking you for your about face in trusting their study over Hydroxychloroquine while you rip the WHO for what you think is kowtowing to them.

You really are clutching at straws right now, aren't you. Ignoring entire sections on safe use and just going for an unmarked claim that it needs higher dosages to work and taking that as an absolute truth while several other studies break that claim, then trying to conflate reasonable skepticism with 'BLINDLY TRUSTING CHINA'.

Mocking, huh. I expected better of you. Too bad that 'nail in the coffin' was a coilgun round that's cutting through your arguments instead.

It's an interesting study, to be sure. But did you take a close look at how it was done? If you only read the editorial and the headline, it might have slipped right by you.

So, just in case, I'll read it out to you; Adults hospitalized with respiratory symptoms from severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 infection were enrolled between April 2 and June 19, 2020. "This study, from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute PETAL Clinical Trials Network, focused on hospitalized patients with moderate to severe disease.

See where the problem comes up?

It contradicts the standard usage of hydroxychloroquine-zinc as a supplement to help the body's immune system fight the infection in question early on.

I'll keep going in case you don't believe it.

With antiviral therapies, early treatment is important. The best known example of this is the over-the-counter drug Abreva. Cold sore sufferers are instructed to apply Abreva as soon as they sense a tingling, before a cold sore actually appears. A further reason for early treatment in COVID-19 is to win the race against the cytokine storm that emerges in response to the virus, when the immune system actually attacks the patient’s own cells. This is why proponents of hydroxychloroquine-zinc universally recommended its use early, before hospitalization, rather than late when the body's immune system is effectively overloaded.

See why hydroxychloroquine is ineffective in this study? Because the volunteers were all already hospitalized with an immune system that had been overrun by the viral infection to the point a few of the test participants actually needed to be put on ventilators.

By analogy, to study the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine by assessing patients treated so late would be like testing the effectiveness of parachutes by looking at cases where the parachutes had only been deployed after the volunteer had passed the safe threshold for landing. What you're essentially doing is taking such a study and saying "Parachutes aren't safe! This is a nail in the coffin for anyone who argues that airplanes should have parachutes!"

Now that's pathetic.

Now have some actual studies done with patients in the correct treatment window, where the supplements were administered in safe and measured doses while you sit there and consider the fraility of your so-called fact checkers who have been lying to you this whole time. Oh, and these studies disprove the claim that a 'higher dose' is needed.

I'm not moving any goalposts - you were the one who claimed it was a 'dangerous, unproven' drug. And I know exactly where you got that talking point from. Unfortunately, the claim that “We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19.” has been retracted, citing that the data used in the core study was unverifiable.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 16:02:34

At 12/16/20 03:46 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 12/16/20 12:59 PM, EdyKel wrote: Never said I trust them, just mocking you for your about face in trusting their study over Hydroxychloroquine while you rip the WHO for what you think is kowtowing to them.
You really are clutching at straws right now, aren't you. Ignoring entire sections on safe use and just going for an unmarked claim that it needs higher dosages to work and taking that as an absolute truth while several other studies break that claim, then trying to conflate reasonable skepticism with 'BLINDLY TRUSTING CHINA'.

Mocking, huh. I expected better of you. Too bad that 'nail in the coffin' was a coilgun round that's cutting through your arguments instead.

It's an interesting study, to be sure. But did you take a close look at how it was done? If you only read the editorial and the headline, it might have slipped right by you.

So, just in case, I'll read it out to you; Adults hospitalized with respiratory symptoms from severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 infection were enrolled between April 2 and June 19, 2020. "This study, from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute PETAL Clinical Trials Network, focused on hospitalized patients with moderate to severe disease." 

It contradicts the standard usage of hydroxychloroquine-zinc as a supplement to help the body's immune system fight the infection in question early on.

With antiviral therapies, early treatment is important. The best known example of this is the over-the-counter drug Abreva. Cold sore sufferers are instructed to apply Abreva as soon as they sense a tingling, before a cold sore actually appears. A further reason for early treatment in COVID-19 is to win the race against the cytokine storm that emerges in response to the virus, when the immune system actually attacks the patient’s own cells. This is why proponents of hydroxychloroquine-zinc universally recommended its use early, before hospitalization, rather than late when the body's immune system is effectively overloaded.

See why hydroxychloroquine is ineffective in this study? Because the volunteers were all already hospitalized with an immune system that had been overrun by the viral infection to the point a few of the test participants actually needed to be put on ventilators.

By analogy, to study the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine by assessing patients treated so late would be like testing the effectiveness of parachutes by looking at cases where the parachutes had only been deployed after the volunteer had passed the safe threshold for landing. What you're essentially doing is taking such a study and saying "Parachutes aren't safe! This is a nail in the coffin for anyone who argues that airplanes should have parachutes!"

Now that's pathetic.

Now have some actual studies done with patients in the correct treatment window, where the supplements were administered in safe and measured doses while you sit there and consider the fraility of your so-called fact checkers who have been lying to you this whole time. Oh, and these studies disprove the claim that a 'higher dose' is needed.

I'm not moving any goalposts - you were the one who claimed it was a 'dangerous, unproven' drug. And I know exactly where you got that talking point from. Unfortunately, the claim that “We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19.” has been retracted, citing that the data used in the core study was unverifiable.

Son, take a multi-vitamin, it might help boost your immune system, whether it helps with covid or not, and it's a lot less costly, political, and hypocritical.

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 16:23:47

At 12/16/20 04:02 PM, EdyKel wrote:

So, just in case, I'll read it out to you; Adults hospitalized with respiratory symptoms from severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 infection were enrolled between April 2 and June 19, 2020. "This study, from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute PETAL Clinical Trials Network, focused on hospitalized patients with moderate to severe disease." 

Now that's pathetic.

Son, take a multi-vitamin, it might help boost your immune system, whether it helps with covid or not, and it's a lot less costly, political, and hypocritical.

There there. Don't take this too hard. This is the real world, you know - not one that's defined by fact checkers owned by corporate interests and celebrities suffering from outrage addiction, but by independently verifiable data. And when you use falsified data to prop up a claim, it's only natural that it gets disproved by various independent observers with cited sources no matter how hard you throw buzzwords.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 16:26:13

At 12/16/20 04:23 PM, Yomuchan wrote:

Now that's pathetic.

There there. Don't take this too hard. This is the real world, you know - not one that's defined by fact checkers owned by corporate interests and celebrities suffering from outrage addiction, but by independently verifiable data. And when you use falsified data to prop up a claim, it's only natural that it gets disproved by various independent observers with cited sources no matter how hard you throw buzzwords.

Not going to bite your troll shit, son.

At 12/16/20 04:26 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 12/16/20 04:23 PM, Yomuchan wrote:

Now that's pathetic.

Not going to bite your troll shit, son.

So now you're claiming that I'm trolling, huh. Really now. Why? Because I've managed to shoot back your 'nail in the coffin' and point out its flaws completely?

Just so you know, I'm not trolling. I argued my points in good faith, and I mistakenly assumed that you did as well. But now that you've completely run out of arguments, you're claiming that I'm 'trolling'.

That's pathetic.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-16 20:41:41

At 12/16/20 01:54 PM, Yomuchan wrote: attempts at initial safety precautions were mocked, and the list goes on.
Maybe Trump was rattled by this case?

I've had enough of this bad faith arguing. You're twisting everything to suit your narrative even if it means grasping at straws. Kindly fuck off.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-17 02:09:55

At 12/16/20 08:41 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 12/16/20 01:54 PM, Yomuchan wrote: attempts at initial safety precautions were mocked, and the list goes on.
I've had enough of this bad faith arguing. You're twisting everything to suit your narrative even if it means grasping at straws. Kindly fuck off.

Why do you automatically assume that I'm arguing in bad faith? Because your sources don't hold up? Because ypur petty arguments have run dry?

Like I said, I don't know what actually happened behind the scenes, but I do know that there was a major intelligence bungle in China perhaps a couple of years ago which COULD have been the cause of the withdrawal of observers to avoid getting them killed by a supa-hyped up tyrannical government out for blood. And if you're claiming that I have the sort of money and power to control several scientists, corporations and studies around the world to 'twist everything', then you're the one grasping at straws.

Second warning, cut it with the foul language and accept the fact that yankee politicians messed up BECAUSE they were following the WHO's initial assessments.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-17 04:39:01

At 12/17/20 02:09 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
Why do you automatically assume that I'm arguing in bad faith? Because your sources don't hold up? Because ypur petty arguments have run dry?

Because any reasonable person knows it when they see it. I can accept your premises based on scientific evidence, even if they by and large conflict; that's fine. However, what I take huge issue with is reaching for straws over the other parts, which bring the rest of your arguments into serious question.

Even the rest of your reply is bare nonsense: it is easier for you to accept the existence of a grand conspiracy than the actions of an incompetent government.

It takes two to tango, and I'm done.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

At 12/17/20 04:39 AM, Gimmick wrote:
Because any reasonable person knows it when they see it. I can accept your premises based on scientific evidence, even if they by and large conflict; that's fine. However, what I take huge issue with is reaching for straws over the other parts, which bring the rest of your arguments into serious question.

Even the rest of your reply is bare nonsense: it is easier for you to accept the existence of a grand conspiracy than the actions of an incompetent government.

And I've pointed out how officials are being incompetent. Glad we agree on that. The only straw-clutching you're seeing here is from the media and their apologists who wanted to shoot nails into the coffin of scientific credibility, but ended up shooting their own foot with the industrial nailgun. And aside from a few people that were labeled 'conspiracy theorists' and disregarded, there was no way to know that a major pandemic was on the horizon. I wish I could have listened in 2017, but hindsight is 20/20.

Also, thanks for pointing this subject out to me - again, it was an interesting read, which brings up several flaws in the political arguments used by people opposed to Trump's administration.

Don't get it yet? I know exactly where this specific point hails from, and why it can be disproved with ease. Ready for it? Hold on to your hat-equivalent because it's going to be spectacular.

Senator. Chris Murphy of Connecticut(D) tweeted this to politicize the pandemic to engage in political mudslinging against a political opponent, but recall that the Predict program was run by government funding, and the job of finalizing how funds are distributed is one of the duties of members of the House of Representatives in the United States House Committee on the Budget.

And what, may I ask, was the house of representatives doing around that time?

Go on. Think.

Getting there.

Almost....

Aha!

Nancy Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump over Ukraine scandal.

24 September 2019

So while the house of representatives were touting lies cooked at the behest of their 'leaders' to own drummmmpppffff, the end of the second term for the Predict program was rapidly closing in. While the house of representatives were trying to impeach Trump over what would eventually be a 'nothingburger', the Predict progam's second term came to an end, with no renewal pending from the House of Representatives.

It would be indeed more accurate to say Nancy Pelosi and the house of representatives shut the Predict program down. And again, let me remind you again who was touting falsified data and basically letting a massive pandemic happen because they didn't want to offend the chinese authorities and opposed Trump's (admittedly half-baked) travel ban for political reasons.

I admit that the US government's response is below average, a (4.1 out of 10) - Trump should have had followed the Taiwanese example from the start, or failing that, fielded operatives lurking in obscure imageboards and taking note when the first cases were reported in late november 2019. Unfortunately, for the sake of political mudslinging, the Predict program was ignored while the House of Representatives went around with their nothingburger of an impeachment campaign 2: electric boogaloo.

Now that's more than just incompetence. It strays into malicious territory, in my opinion.

Once I realized that this could be the huge pandemic in the making that amateur biologists and healthcare workers were warning us about for the last two years, I began preparing in mid-late december. Alas, most of us were called 'conspiracy theorists', for making careful plans and stockpiling food, emergency supplies, funds and water while the WHO was in full damage control mode. Then we were called 'racists' by the mainstream for discussing the outbreak. The sheer amount of salt that flows when I flex on them today has to be seen to be believed.

It's true that it takes two to tango, but what you did was stab your credibility with an easily disproved lie. I'm just sitting here watching you make an embarrassment out of yourself. And no, I'm not going to ask you to stop - it's your life, your choice as to what you ultimately do.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-17 12:26:06

At 12/17/20 04:39 AM, Gimmick wrote: It takes two to tango

OH YEAH?!!

[tangoes on my own]

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-17 12:46:16

At 12/17/20 11:40 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 12/17/20 04:39 AM, Gimmick wrote:

And I've pointed out how officials are being incompetent. Glad we agree on that. The only straw-clutching you're seeing here is from the media and their apologists who wanted to shoot nails into the coffin of scientific credibility, but ended up shooting their own foot with the industrial nailgun. And aside from a few people that were labeled 'conspiracy theorists' and disregarded, there was no way to know that a major pandemic was on the horizon. I wish I could have listened in 2017, but hindsight is 20/20.

Also, thanks for pointing this subject out to me - again, it was an interesting read, which brings up several flaws in the political arguments used by people opposed to Trump's administration.

Don't get it yet? I know exactly where this specific point hails from, and why it can be disproved with ease. Ready for it? Hold on to your hat-equivalent because it's going to be spectacular.

Senator. Chris Murphy of Connecticut(D) tweeted this to politicize the pandemic to engage in political mudslinging against a political opponent, but recall that the Predict program was run by government funding, and the job of finalizing how funds are distributed is one of the duties of members of the House of Representatives in the United States House Committee on the Budget.

And what, may I ask, was the house of representatives doing around that time?

Go on. Think.

Getting there.

Almost....

Aha!

Nancy Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump over Ukraine scandal.
24 September 2019

So while the house of representatives were touting lies cooked at the behest of their 'leaders' to own drummmmpppffff, the end of the second term for the Predict program was rapidly closing in. While the house of representatives were trying to impeach Trump over what would eventually be a 'nothingburger', the Predict progam's second term came to an end, with no renewal pending from the House of Representatives.

It would be indeed more accurate to say Nancy Pelosi and the house of representatives shut the Predict program down. And again, let me remind you again who was touting falsified data and basically letting a massive pandemic happen because they didn't want to offend the chinese authorities and opposed Trump's (admittedly half-baked) travel ban for political reasons.

I admit that the US government's response is below average, a (4.1 out of 10) - Trump should have had followed the Taiwanese example from the start, or failing that, fielded operatives lurking in obscure imageboards and taking note when the first cases were reported in late november 2019. Unfortunately, for the sake of political mudslinging, the Predict program was ignored while the House of Representatives went around with their nothingburger of an impeachment campaign 2: electric boogaloo.

Now that's more than just incompetence. It strays into malicious territory, in my opinion.

Once I realized that this could be the huge pandemic in the making that amateur biologists and healthcare workers were warning us about for the last two years, I began preparing in mid-late december. Alas, most of us were called 'conspiracy theorists', for making careful plans and stockpiling food, emergency supplies, funds and water while the WHO was in full damage control mode. Then we were called 'racists' by the mainstream for discussing the outbreak. The sheer amount of salt that flows when I flex on them today has to be seen to be believed.

It's true that it takes two to tango, but what you did was stab your credibility with an easily disproved lie. I'm just sitting here watching you make an embarrassment out of yourself. And no, I'm not going to ask you to stop - it's your life, your choice as to what you ultimately do.

I think you just wasted several hours of your life writing something that no one is going to read, including the person you are trying to egg on.

At 12/17/20 12:46 PM, EdyKel wrote: I think you just wasted several hours of your life writing something that no one is going to read, including the person you are trying to egg on.

First off, I'm not egging anyone.

Second; - there you go again, lying like a sleazebag politician. Did I break all your arguments that ad hominems (thats fancy talk for personal attacks, just in case.) are all you have left to respond with?

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-17 23:19:11

At 12/17/20 12:55 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 12/17/20 12:46 PM, EdyKel wrote: I think you just wasted several hours of your life writing something that no one is going to read, including the person you are trying to egg on.

then be the better man and abstain from making statements like "The sheer amount of salt that flows when I flex on them today has to be seen to be believed."

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-18 04:49:27

At 12/17/20 11:19 PM, S3C wrote:
then be the better man and abstain from making statements like "The sheer amount of salt that flows when I flex on them today has to be seen to be believed."

If you had any level of reading comprehension, you would have realized that I was referring to the dimwits who kept calling me a 'conspiracy theorist' when I started carefully stockpiling food and water, and planning ahead for a complete lockdown that could have, in a worst-case scenario, may have lasted at least upto mid-2021, and possibly beyond.

"The WHO said its non-transmissible to humans, be reasonable."

"Did the far-right fringe tell you that?"

"You're wasting your time, there's no danger of any pandemic."

"There's no risk of it being a deadly disease. You're overreacting."

Serves them right. I had fun watching them freak out once the lockdowns hit.

Just because I've clearly disproved this 'nail in the coffin' Eddie was so confident about to the point he can't even offer a valid counterargument anymore, is no excuse to get all personal. And if you can't come up with a counterargument and have to settle for personal attacks, then sit there and abstain from trying to make a fool of yourself on the internet. Be the better man and admit when you've been fooled, and strive to do your own thinking, instead of outsourcing it to GatekeepCo #XXXX26A.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

At 12/18/20 05:10 AM, JosephStarr wrote: I think you're confusing two different things. People getting tired of being talked down to by a narcissistic moron and then moving on with their day, and you winning something. (Whatever that's supposed to be, I don't know.)

People can only point out flaws to a blind person for so long until they say screw it and move on with their life.
I can't believe I still bother to look at your posts, but they're just so...disturbingly fascinating.
The sheer levels of immaturity, smugness, denial, capacity to ignore things, and immature baiting is sadly humorous.

One, I'm not talking down to anyone.

Two, if I was making ridiculous claims, it would have been all-too-easy to disprove them, but no - you had to get personal when I pointed out the deadly flaw in that nail in the coffin. I've proven to them that the narrative their news media pounds into their heads is entirely false. I've provided my sources, and argued my points in good faith, and when it's impossible for you to do so in return (for whatever reason you may have), you people start getting all personal.

You people can dish out the snark, but can't take it, it seems. Pathetic.

I didn't win anything - I merely proved that their arguments were flawed. And when that's clear as day, you people are now trying to derail the thread by slinging buzzwords and seeing if it will stick.

Just because somebody got tired of trying to explain why the things you're saying are flawed (if not outright incorrect on a worrying level) doesn't mean you won a debate or shut them down. It just means they got tired of seeing you act smug about forcing a narrative and insulting people like an edgy 15 year old from 4chan who didn't get hugged enough as a child.

Forcing a narrative, huh? I've already cited my sources and acknowledged the areas where I lack information on. Look in the mirror. Maybe you'll see who's been insulting people and forcing a narrative to try and look cool on the internet. What the hell even is a contrarian anyway, is it newspeak for 'undesirables' or something?

tl;dr - People quit because they think you're hopelessly delusional, not because of some sick burn you pulled.
...and then they get dragged right back in when you say something so absolutely ridiculous that it just has to be corrected for the sake of other people who might come across it.

It's not a sick burn, I merely posted evidence that proves that their arguments and 'nails in the coffins' are flawed. Your obsession with 'winning' has left you blinded of the true purpose of debate - that is, to exchange information, and learn from the viewpoints of others. I, for one, believe I have learned much from this thread. It remains to be seen if you had the same reward. After all, a narcissist moron wouldn't be able to do that.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-18 05:44:48

I’d suggest that we move on from the last few pages, for the sake of not drowning out other people who intend to take the vaccine or not.

BBS Signature

At 12/18/20 05:44 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I’d suggest that we move on from the last few pages, for the sake of not drowning out other people who intend to take the vaccine or not.

Completely agree on that. I've made my point and backed it with evidence from multiple sources. While I admit watching them melt down was quite funny, you raise a good point; There's no need to prolong this debate, because they ran out of arguments and got personal. It'd indeed 'drown out' others.

Yes, let's move on.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-18 06:28:02

At 12/18/20 06:23 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 12/18/20 05:44 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I’d suggest that we move on from the last few pages, for the sake of not drowning out other people who intend to take the vaccine or not.
Completely agree on that. I've made my point and backed it with evidence from multiple sources. While I admit watching them melt down was quite funny, you raise a good point; There's no need to prolong this debate any longer, because they ran out of arguments and got personal. It'd indeed 'drown out' others.

Yes, let's move on.

K, thanks for repeating what I wrote.

BBS Signature

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-18 12:52:50

At 12/10/20 11:07 PM, RoboHex wrote:
At 12/10/20 08:19 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: When it's my turn, yes.

I'm going through the coronavirus right now, and it's not fun.

I'm doing much better, but I can't taste anything and it makes me very sad. :(
You don't need the vaccine if you already got COVID.

You do have a point

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-18 14:57:08

Absolutely I will get whatever COVID vaccine as soon as that is an option for me. Because why wouldn't I?

It seems the most sane and rational choice. Also why should this even be political? It's a shame that people are so worked up about politics that they won't just put that aside for the greater good.

And I realize it's @EdyKel's favorite argument (or trolling technique?) to claim whoever disagrees with him must be Trump supporters, among other fallacies, but in this case I'm not really seeing anyone outside of hardcore Trump supporters adamant about rejecting these vaccines, and I'm pretty sure even most Trump supporters have at least enough sense to go ahead and take a vaccine. So it's a subset of a subset.

There may be some small percentage of people who are outside that demographic who also reject it, but I'll give him that, in this one specific case, it's a safe bet to assume anyone rejecting the vaccine is probably a Trump supporter.

Anyway, for the people who wouldn't do it, are you scared? Don't want to take a chance? Believe in alternative medicine or some religious belief that forbids vaccination? Think you're invincible? Think you're immune? Believe it's a hoax?

Unless you have a better strategy, why not go ahead and take it, if offered?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-18 15:16:30

At 12/18/20 02:57 PM, NeonSpider wrote: And I realize it's @EdyKel's favorite argument (or trolling technique?) to claim whoever disagrees with him must be Trump supporters, among other fallacies, but in this case I'm not really seeing anyone outside of hardcore Trump supporters adamant about rejecting these vaccines, and I'm pretty sure even most Trump supporters have at least enough sense to go ahead and take a vaccine. So it's a subset of a subset.

Have I? Or are you just shooting that out of your ass because it sounds good to you? I rarely call people Trump supporters who disagree with me, unless they outright state they support him or continue to dodge the question over it. And I include libertarians, the more right leaning ones, among covid deniers and are who are more reluctant to take the vaccine, since I have see a lot of them saying that shit.

And studies show that Republicans are less likely to believe that covid is a threat, and less likely to get the vaccine.

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-18 15:41:17

At 12/18/20 03:16 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 12/18/20 02:57 PM, NeonSpider wrote: And I realize it's @EdyKel's favorite argument (or trolling technique?) to claim whoever disagrees with him must be Trump supporters, among other fallacies, but in this case I'm not really seeing anyone outside of hardcore Trump supporters adamant about rejecting these vaccines, and I'm pretty sure even most Trump supporters have at least enough sense to go ahead and take a vaccine. So it's a subset of a subset.
Have I? Or are you just shooting that out of your ass because it sounds good to you? I rarely call people Trump supporters who disagree with me, unless they outright state they support him or continue to dodge the question over it. And I include libertarians, the more right leaning ones, among covid deniers and are who are more reluctant to take the vaccine, since I have see a lot of them saying that shit.

And studies show that Republicans are less likely to believe that covid is a threat, and less likely to get the vaccine.

In general, yes, you have. You've claimed I was supporting Trump when I voted Libertarian because I didn't like Trump or Clinton. So because I don't agree with your "Vote for Hillary Clinton", I therefore must be a Trump supporter? And FYI I wanted Bernie Sanders to win and would have voted for him.

As for other fallacies, you seem blind to your own racist tendencies. But yes, for one who claims to want to improve conditions for minorities, you really need to stop down-talking to people of other races (or who are potentially of other races from your own), calling them "son" and such. Or do you need to be reminded that is exactly what slaveholders did back in the days of American slavery? It is racist. You may not intend it to be, but it is, so you may want to stop doing that. You do this very often. I would suggest you stop. It doesn't help your reputation.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the claim that Republicans are less likely to believe COVID a threat or to get the vaccine, because that's the direct conclusion from what I just said.

I wasn't aware of any Libertarians avoiding vaccines. But you may have a point there.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-18 16:40:36

At 12/18/20 03:41 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 12/18/20 03:16 PM, EdyKel wrote:

In general, yes, you have. You've claimed I was supporting Trump when I voted Libertarian because I didn't like Trump or Clinton. So because I don't agree with your "Vote for Hillary Clinton", I therefore must be a Trump supporter? And FYI I wanted Bernie Sanders to win and would have voted for him.

As for other fallacies, you seem blind to your own racist tendencies. But yes, for one who claims to want to improve conditions for minorities, you really need to stop down-talking to people of other races (or who are potentially of other races from your own), calling them "son" and such. Or do you need to be reminded that is exactly what slaveholders did back in the days of American slavery? It is racist. You may not intend it to be, but it is, so you may want to stop doing that. You do this very often. I would suggest you stop. It doesn't help your reputation.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the claim that Republicans are less likely to believe COVID a threat or to get the vaccine, because that's the direct conclusion from what I just said.

I wasn't aware of any Libertarians avoiding vaccines. But you may have a point there.

*Yawn.

I was going ask why you brought me up in this topic over covid, which seemed have taken up half you post and had nothing to do with the discussion over it, but it seems like it's nothing more than grudges and trolling over some argument we had over a year ago(?). We are not going to continue it here, since this topic has nothing in relation to it.

Response to Question: Will you take the COVID vaccine? 2020-12-18 23:41:54

At 12/18/20 04:49 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 12/17/20 11:19 PM, S3C wrote:
If you had any level of reading comprehension, you would have realized that I was referring to the dimwits who kept calling me a 'conspiracy theorist' when I started carefully stockpiling food and water, and planning ahead for a complete lockdown that could have, in a worst-case scenario, may have lasted at least upto mid-2021, and possibly beyond.

From your response I'm not sure what you understand what I mean. I'm replying to your 'I'm not egging anyone" comment independent of your thoughts on the COVID vaccine situation.

When you make 'you mad' style statements, like you have done twice now, it is seen as egging people on. You can respectfully re-state your point sans fanning the flames (even if you are provoked), as it doesn't add anything to the argument. Unless it is part of your endgame to ruffle another person's feathers, why do it?

BBS Signature