00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Group Therapy: Session 127

690 Views | 39 Replies

Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 10:28:27

*unlocks metal door and props it open with a rug*

*kicks on the 4 switches to the fluorescent lights*

*places 2 tables* (one has a pot of coffee and a tray of beignets, the other has a haphazard altar set up for the people just stopping by to do rituals or sacrifices)

*puts out several foldable metal chairs in a circle*

"Welcome to group therapy. My name is Seven."

"As we joke about 2020, we talk about what a horrid year it has been for some folks.....but for some, maybe your year hasn't been bad at all."

"For many people, this year truly has been too much. I know for me, 2020 has meant a 2 week court sequestration, both my kids almost dying complete with 2 separate hospitalizations, 2 hurricanes, and cancer---- just a huge shit show"

"But despite all of it, I feel remarkably calm and happy with my life, maybe because one thing broke me enough to a point that the other things could not."

"How are YOU guys faring? Aside from the Covid and Covid inconveniences--- has this been a better year? A worse year? Are you feeling hopeful? Do you need hope?"

"We have the rec center for 24 hours."

Group therapy threads are just a place for you to unload whatever is on your mind. Vent. Bitch. Spam. Whatever. As long as you aren't being a huge douche canoe.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 10:35:35

At 10/10/20 10:28 AM, SevenSeize4President wrote: "We have the rec center for 24 hours."

Hola, Ms. Presidenta!

o7

Do we have cookies?

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Isn't group sex a good way of therapy? After all, I'm pretty sure some of us have rivalries and hate for each other so doing that would be a great way of eliminating that and other frustrations and getting to know each other!

yeah, I'm not being serious about this, just couldn't resist saying it

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 10:47:08

At 10/10/20 10:35 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 10/10/20 10:28 AM, SevenSeize4President wrote: "We have the rec center for 24 hours."
Hola, Ms. Presidenta!

o7

Do we have cookies?

We do! Chocolate chip and Oreo!

At 10/10/20 10:37 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Isn't group sex a good way of therapy? After all, I'm pretty sure some of us have rivalries and hate for each other so doing that would be a great way of eliminating that and other frustrations and getting to know each other!
yeah, I'm not being serious about this, just couldn't resist saying it

Isn't group sex the way like 70% of the threads here end anyway?

As for the hate and rivalries--- absolutely. People talk about women holding grudges? Holy shit some of these dudes around here.

So bitter.

Give each other a reach around and move on!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 10:51:29

If we were in ancient Rome and had appointed a dictator at the start of this mess, he'd be out of office by now.

Meanwhile, our parliament is still powerless.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 10:55:02

Nurse Seize, why do you use metal restraints instead of humane leather ones?

iu_178657_7843618.jpg

hello

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 10:59:36

At 10/10/20 10:47 AM, SevenSeize4President wrote:
Give each other a reach around and move on!

And you just reminded me of this scene (HQ version of the part in question). Wonder if we have any actual drill instructors on NG.

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 11:46:54

At 10/10/20 11:45 AM, Zymbot wrote: Nurse Seize, I want my cigarettes.

You can have TWO.

After you eat your lunch.

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 12:27:30

Damn it's been 127 sessions already time flies hahahahahaaaaaa

I am fine, college is keepin' me busy but I'm still trying to put stuff out here

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 12:43:59

At 10/10/20 12:18 PM, Mist wrote: mommy i am depressed

Have you tried calling someone a pleb? That usually cheers you up.

But I do truly hope you're not really feeling depressed.

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 12:52:06

At 10/10/20 11:46 AM, SevenSeize4President wrote:
You can have TWO.

*buys a self-help book for the group on how to quit smoking*

At 10/10/20 12:53 PM, Quisty wrote: Shit both kids hospitalized? You're strong girl. I don't know what I'd do.

One had pneumonia, with no cause that could be found, so could easily have been covid, because it was late February and we didn't have covid tests here yet.

High respiratory rate, high heart rate, wouldn't really respond to traditional pneumonia treatment.

Other one got in a wreck with his friends, almost died, best friend did die.

I'm looping in ocd a lot. I'm depressed a lot. I'm lonely. I'm worried my kid lacks social interaction to understand people fully, but he's still young. I feel bad I can't let his fam near him, but I don't want to kill anyone accidentally if he is a carrier. It's super scary to be in a pandemic with ocd. My hands are raw red and any cough is me in full panic...I clean so much more than I did, and even that was too much...

Awww yeah I bet you are feeling super overwhelmed.

Just know you aren't alone. Many others are feeling those very same feelings.

It's hard!

But it is nice to have an excuse to play animal crossing and bake without judgement while he naps/sleeps. It is nice to have a reason to reject the outside family obligations and awkward social get togethers.

I don't like social get togethers or most of my family so yeah, staying home (aside from work) hasn't bothered me.

Next time I'll bring pumpkin spice cookies to this. Yes. It's a thing. Yes, it's amazing.

I'm eating spaghettios

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 13:01:58

At 10/10/20 12:52 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 10/10/20 11:46 AM, SevenSeize4President wrote:
You can have TWO.

*buys a self-help book for the group on how to quit smoking*

Good job being proactive!

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 13:57:17

At 10/10/20 10:47 AM, SevenSeize4President wrote: Isn't group sex the way like 70% of the threads here end anyway?

And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 14:14:52

Hmm, do you have any contingencies for if we really do drive each other insane, including yourself? I don't mean that metaphorically, I mean being sent to a madhouse kind of insane.

At 10/10/20 02:14 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Hmm, do you have any contingencies for if we really do drive each other insane, including yourself? I don't mean that metaphorically, I mean being sent to a madhouse kind of insane.

Beer?

Beer.

This aint AA.

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 17:07:27

At 10/10/20 04:08 PM, SevenSeize4President wrote:
At 10/10/20 02:14 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Hmm, do you have any contingencies for if we really do drive each other insane, including yourself? I don't mean that metaphorically, I mean being sent to a madhouse kind of insane.
Beer?

Beer.

This aint AA.

I was thinking buying the following in advance: enough straitjackets for everyone, tasers, tranquilizers, a portable padded cell, and a SWAT team on speed-dial.

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 17:18:06

At 10/10/20 10:28 AM, SevenSeize4President wrote: *unlocks metal door and props it open with a rug*

*places 2 tables* (one has a pot of coffee and a tray of beignets, the other has a haphazard altar set up for the people just stopping by to do rituals or sacrifices)

"As we joke about 2020, we talk about what a horrid year it has been for some folks.....but for some, maybe your year hasn't been bad at all."

"For many people, this year truly has been too much. I know for me, 2020 has meant a 2 week court sequestration, both my kids almost dying complete with 2 separate hospitalizations, 2 hurricanes, and cancer---- just a huge shit show"

"But despite all of it, I feel remarkably calm and happy with my life, maybe because one thing broke me enough to a point that the other things could not."

"How are YOU guys faring? Aside from the Covid and Covid inconveniences--- has this been a better year? A worse year? Are you feeling hopeful? Do you need hope?"

Group therapy threads are just a place for you to unload whatever is on your mind. Vent. Bitch. Spam. Whatever. As long as you aren't being a huge douche canoe.

hey we're all bros here right?

Lets relieve some tension by charging our crystals! Theres nothing better than just jerking it with your bros to charge your crystals and make it glow .Once we're all glowing and are minds of clear we can talk about our feelings

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 17:37:03

At 10/10/20 05:07 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Beer?

Beer.

This aint AA.
I was thinking buying the following in advance: enough straitjackets for everyone, tasers, tranquilizers, a portable padded cell, and a SWAT team on speed-dial.

Why go to all that trouble when you can just offer beer?

Do you know how many conflicts could be deescalated if the people involved just sat down and had a beer together?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 17:47:28

Nothing of note in the past few months. Last big thing that happened was my grandmother getting COVID. She's all right but it wasn't looking good for a while.

Also, COVID in this state... uhh...

iu_178823_8188114.png

This is what happens when you don't go on lockdown. People I know irl pester me all the time, "Con, come over to (city) bruh we miss you" or "Con, go outside for something other than work!" or something of that nature.

This is why. 2000 cases (a.k.a. 1 in 400 people) in the last 3 days. I actually had to quit most social media because of it. That plus people were posting pics of themselves out on the town without masks on. It's legal to do that here, but I still think it's a dumbass move and I get angry seeing it.

I don't even care if my social life is moot because of it, I don't want this shit in my life right now.

I have a sister in school, she's in her early 20s now, I hope she's actually following social distancing. I don't want more people in my life getting sick for no good reason.

-con

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 17:54:21

At 10/10/20 05:48 PM, tehdroopy wrote:
At 10/10/20 05:37 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
Beer?

Beer.

This aint AA.

Do you know how many conflicts could be deescalated if the people involved just sat down and had a beer together?
I'm sure hitler just need to have a beer to say 'you know slavs, jews, you're not that bad as drinking mates'.

Exactly. If he'd taken the time to drink with them, he would have realised they were not so different.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 18:01:51

At 10/10/20 05:47 PM, conSD wrote: Nothing of note in the past few months. Last big thing that happened was my grandmother getting COVID. She's all right but it wasn't looking good for a while.

Also, COVID in this state... uhh...

This is what happens when you don't go on lockdown. People I know irl pester me all the time, "Con, come over to (city) bruh we miss you" or "Con, go outside for something other than work!" or something of that nature.

This is why. 2000 cases (a.k.a. 1 in 400 people) in the last 3 days. I actually had to quit most social media because of it. That plus people were posting pics of themselves out on the town without masks on. It's legal to do that here, but I still think it's a dumbass move and I get angry seeing it.

I don't even care if my social life is moot because of it, I don't want this shit in my life right now.

I have a sister in school, she's in her early 20s now, I hope she's actually following social distancing. I don't want more people in my life getting sick for no good reason.

I'm glad your grandma is ok though!

The saddest thing to me regarding all of the elderly people I know who have died from it, was the cavalier attitudes of their children and grandchildren. "We're having a crawfish boil, everyone come over!!!" (50 people show up) a week later "Well, memaw is in ICU with the Chinavirus but Jesus loves her and we are praying for her"

Then a week later meemaw is dead.

No one wears a mask to the funeral, which they hold at church, to get around limiting the 100+ guests.

And rinse and repeat every week.

I've given so many condolences during which I've had to bite my tongue not to add "but it's your fault!"

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 18:04:39

At 10/10/20 05:30 PM, Seth wrote: 2020 has been shit.
2021 is going to be even worse.
Imma go commit die now

I've seen you say 2021 will be worse--- why do you feel that way?

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 18:06:30

At 10/10/20 05:18 PM, Icy64 wrote:
At 10/10/20 10:28 AM, SevenSeize4President wrote: *unlocks metal door and props it open with a rug*

hey we're all bros here right?

Well I'm not, even though I have the bigger dick.

Lets relieve some tension by charging our crystals

I'm more into science and research but I support religious people and those who worship using crystals. You may absolutely charge yours in this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 18:07:54

Beer?

Beer.

This aint AA.

This also seems proactive, just good planning!

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 18:11:58

At 10/10/20 06:01 PM, SevenSeize4President wrote: I've given so many condolences during which I've had to bite my tongue not to add "but it's your fault!"

If only I had the nerve to say that to some people I know who got it and complain about it a week after they were partying on the town... I would.

I really hate South Dakota sometimes.

-con

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 18:18:50

At 10/10/20 06:08 PM, Seth wrote:
At 10/10/20 06:04 PM, SevenSeize4President wrote:
At 10/10/20 05:30 PM, Seth wrote: 2020 has been shit.
2021 is going to be even worse.
Imma go commit die now
I've seen you say 2021 will be worse--- why do you feel that way?
These fuckers

They're gonna cause famine.

Ohhhh I think I've seen @wadefulp posting about these!

Yeah. We might die.

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 19:51:47

Alcohol has a sketchy track record when it comes to solving conflicts, a lot of times it just lowers one's IQ and make them do stupid things, such as instigating a conflict instead of solving one.

At 10/10/20 06:07 PM, SevenSeize4President wrote:

Speaking of planning, now may be a good time to start learning how to fight in case things get messy and we'd have to defend ourselves. Specially, close-range combat as I doubt the therapy room is big enough for long-range weapons. If it means protecting myself, then heck yes I'll fight dirty.

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 19:53:21

At 10/10/20 07:51 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

Alcohol has a sketchy track record when it comes to solving conflicts, a lot of times it just lowers one's IQ and make them do stupid things, such as instigating a conflict instead of solving one.

At 10/10/20 06:07 PM, SevenSeize4President wrote:
Speaking of planning, now may be a good time to start learning how to fight in case things get messy and we'd have to defend ourselves. Specially, close-range combat as I doubt the therapy room is big enough for long-range weapons. If it means protecting myself, then heck yes I'll fight dirty.

You know, no one ever really considers long range weapons when starting a therapy session.

You're very good at this!

BBS Signature

Response to Group Therapy: Session 127 2020-10-10 20:11:36

Hmm, we need a fun activity we can do as a group that'll help bring us closer as friends and be a good team-building/trust-building activity. How about a board game? Monopoly sounds fun, especially since there's so many different versions of it like Star Wars and Nintendo.