00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Poker Night in the Newgrounds

537 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-01 15:10:18

Hello everybody!

I had this stupid idea of making a fun collaboration! In honor of the TellTale Games, I wanted to do something like a Poker Night at the Inventory collab!

What does it mean? There will be 5 artists to work on this: the first 4 will draw themselfes sat on the table of the "Inventory" playing Texas Hold Em, and the 5th will draw the Inventory itself.

Player Artist Rules:

• You MUST draw it, none else (example: ""Commissioning"" a different artist to draw it for you is not cool)
  • You can only draw your alter-ego/original character, any other character will not be accepted
  • You can use every style of drawing you want, possibly YOUR style
  • "Pixel Art" style and "Anime/Manga" style, as well as other easily reproducible styles, are allowed but not if another player is using it (example: Guy 1 uses a Anime/Manga character; Guy 2 can't do the same thing if he/she was about to)
  • If your character is naked, it will be covered up with censors (I know that is kinda impossible to happen, but who knows)
  • Pose your character's expressions (avoid the poker face) and how he/she is sat on the chair
  • The drawing MUST attend to the Interior Designer choice of resolution (bigger images will be shrinked if necessary, but smaller ones will be scrapped)
  • Your character MUST sit on his chair

Interior Designer Rules:

• No Pixel Art
  • The background can be filled with whatever you want
  • You have to attend to the model of the original Inventory Table
  • It MUST be completely coloured and with a distinct source of light (better if it's in the center)
  • You can decide the amount of chips of the player
  • Make the resolution as big as possible

The model of the Inventory Table:

iu_106319_7080220.jpg

Original Model Photo:

iu_106323_7080220.jpg

How it will be organized:

The collab wil start once the Interior Designer signs up and it's confirmed. The 4 artists who will sit around the table will draw a sketch of their character sat on one of the chairs. Once everybody made the sketch, and the light source is set, everybody starts working. The characters will be rendered as a PNG image in order to later be easily collocated around the table.

The End:

When the drawing is complete, the piece of work will be posted on my account adding the partecipants as collaborators.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have any suggestions, or questions, write it in this thread!

If you don't want to join, you can invite someone else!

Ah yes, the artist will be choosen in order of appearence for this time.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-01 15:25:51

At 4/1/20 03:10 PM, NeoD-ray wrote: Hello everybody!
I had this stupid idea of making a fun collaboration! In honor of the TellTale Games, I wanted to do something like a Poker Night at the Inventory collab!

What does it mean? There will be 5 artists to work on this: the first 4 will draw themselfes sat on the table of the "Inventory" playing Texas Hold Em, and the 5th will draw the Inventory itself.

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The collab wil start once the Interior Designer signs up and it's confirmed. The 4 artists who will sit around the table will draw a sketch of their character sat on one of the chairs. Once everybody made the sketch, and the light source is set, everybody starts working. The characters will be rendered as a PNG image in order to later be easily collocated around the table.

The End:

When the drawing is complete, the piece of work will be posted on my account adding the partecipants as collaborators.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to join! Is there a deadline for this?

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-01 16:17:07

This sounds pretty cool! I would like to give this one a shot.

At 4/1/20 03:25 PM, CrisahitnaHyscirs wrote:

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The End:

I would like to join! Is there a deadline for this?

Nope, there is no deadline until every member is signed up!

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-01 17:22:20

At 4/1/20 04:17 PM, Mitchelf wrote: This sounds pretty cool! I would like to give this one a shot.

Happy to hear that! Sign up as player or interior designer?

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-01 17:34:42

At 4/1/20 05:22 PM, NeoD-ray wrote:
At 4/1/20 04:17 PM, Mitchelf wrote: This sounds pretty cool! I would like to give this one a shot.
Happy to hear that! Sign up as player or interior designer?

player for sure. Also pretty flexible style wise, as I can do both an anime style and a more grimdark warhammer-esque european style. I'll wait for the others before I decide on what to make.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-02 00:13:18

I'm down, I like to work on multiple things at once so I'd like to join in

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-02 04:07:26

I'll sign up as a player.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-02 04:20:56

At 4/2/20 12:13 AM, Oddlem wrote: I'm down, I like to work on multiple things at once so I'd like to join in

Mmmmhh, kinda like me. Sign up as Player or Interior Designer?

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-02 11:58:11

Okay, so is the piece going to be a half body or full body? I already have a rough sketch of my character.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-02 12:09:53

At 4/2/20 11:58 AM, CrisahitnaHyscirs wrote: Okay, so is the piece going to be a half body or full body? I already have a rough sketch of my character.

As I said, the drawings will be made once the Interior designer made a sketch of the Inventory.

This because you never know where you will be collocated on the table, so you can't know if it's full body or not.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-02 12:16:55

At 4/2/20 12:09 PM, NeoD-ray wrote:
At 4/2/20 11:58 AM, CrisahitnaHyscirs wrote: Okay, so is the piece going to be a half body or full body? I already have a rough sketch of my character.
As I said, the drawings will be made once the Interior designer made a sketch of the Inventory.
This because you never know where you will be collocated on the table, so you can't know if it's full body or not.

That's fine. I just want to be prepared.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-04 17:33:24

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The End:

Ok new plan. Since it doesn't seem quite fair to only be the organizer of the collab, I'll take the role of the Interior Designer.

I'm not great on bagrounds, but I'm gonna try.

Now we just need one last player to the table! If you know someone (not already famous) lead him here!

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-04 17:41:11

At 4/4/20 05:33 PM, NeoD-ray wrote:

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The End:

Ok new plan. Since it doesn't seem quite fair to only be the organizer of the collab, I'll take the role of the Interior Designer.

Now we just need one last player to the table! If you know someone (not already famous) lead him here!

Hmmm, i'd be keen if you need another player

PieSaus exists in all living beings but only the chosen can harness its awesome power.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-04 17:42:42

At 4/4/20 05:41 PM, PieSaus wrote:

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The End:

I do need another player! Wanna join?

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-04 17:43:23

At 4/4/20 05:42 PM, NeoD-ray wrote:

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The End:

Sign me up pal, just don't check my pockets.

PieSaus exists in all living beings but only the chosen can harness its awesome power.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-04 17:46:07

At 4/4/20 05:43 PM, PieSaus wrote:

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The End:

Don't worry, if there will be any problem, I have a shotgun. Just bring the money and play responsably ok?

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-04 17:50:23

At 4/4/20 05:46 PM, NeoD-ray wrote:
At 4/4/20 05:43 PM, PieSaus wrote:

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The End:

Don't worry, if there will be any problem, I have a shotgun. Just bring the money and play responsably ok?

Oof thats gonna be hard to promise chief. On a tangent so we gotta wait till you set it up before we work on anything right?

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-04 17:59:58

I have already got my character done for linework and first layer of coloring. I'm not gonna touch my character any further until we get the interior design first.

I'd like to sign as a player

yeye

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-05 05:07:12

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The End:

Yo sign me up my dude

yeye

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-05 05:30:36

At 4/5/20 05:07 AM, Baetalicma wrote:

Player Artist Rules:

Interior Designer Rules:

Original Model Photo:

The End:

Yo sign me up my dude

Sorry, you came late. But if there will be a change of plans with a player, you will be his substitute!

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-05 05:39:09

Yo so, would tank man be the dealer then? Cause like, Someone's gotta consider the charismatic success/lucked into it asshole dealing these characters and player in.

juuuust putting it out there.

I make Voxel art in 16 and 32 bit styles from sprite sheets, because voxels are cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-05 06:33:22

Here's some ideas I sketched up

iu_107519_6950012.jpg

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-05 07:28:39

This is a super cool idea, I wanna see the finished product!

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-05 08:05:11

At 4/5/20 05:39 AM, Joykillz wrote: Yo so, would tank man be the dealer then? Cause like, Someone's gotta consider the charismatic success/lucked into it asshole dealing these characters and player in.

juuuust putting it out there.

Nope. The tank man will be an easter-egg.

I want to dedicate this artwork to newer artists and new characters.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-05 08:06:01

At 4/5/20 06:33 AM, Mitchelf wrote: Here's some ideas I sketched up

I like the first 2.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-06 15:09:03

At 4/5/20 04:10 PM, PilotSpikey wrote:
At 4/5/20 06:33 AM, Mitchelf wrote: Here's some ideas I sketched up
#2 is my personal favorite of the bunch.

I thought everyone would like that one most.

Response to Poker Night in the Newgrounds 2020-04-22 03:50:16

Breaking News! I guess...

Sadly, another player decided to leave the table due to lack of time...

So, there is still another seat!

Whoever wants to join, hit me up with a Private Message! And I'll explain everything that's needed!